Votes: 20 2.8%
  • April 15-19

Votes: 133 18.5%
  • April 22-26

Votes: 105 14.6%

• Total voters

Day-Day

DIS Veteran
When is Spring Break in 2019 for your family members? If one week only has a day or two off, don't select that week. (e.g. Some school systems have a Friday off then the entire next week).

Looking for your spring break time period; whether you plan to visit WDW during the spring break does not matter.

Please select the dates even if you read a post that mentions your school system already. Having people independent of each other from the same area voting is okay because this poll will hopefully provide some measure of the number of people on spring break during each week. As expected, larger school systems and large population areas will have a bigger impact than smaller ones (hope this makes sense).

I have searched for a 2019 Spring Break Poll but haven't found one so hopefully this is the only one. After a while, there should be a pretty good picture of the distribution of kids out for spring break.

Easter is really late in 2019; it is on April 21.

The thread gets buried quickly in the forum so if you vote, please make a comment (even "just voted" is enough) so that the thread gets bumped up and hopefully gains more responses.

Last edited:

I saw that thread during my search but it is not set up as the type of poll I was looking for. It is almost impossible to make anything out of reading through a list of posts.

Plus, if one person posts on that thread when their school is out for a particular area that may contain a high population of WDW visitors, it may carry the same weight as a small school district in an area where few visit WDW. The poll gives a more accurate account of when to expect higher crowds at WDW due to spring breaks when a large number of somewhat random Disboard members select their dates.

you can search for spring break dates in google. i dont understand the need for these polls.

I saw that thread during my search but it is not set up as the type of poll I was looking for. It is almost impossible to make anything out of reading through a list of posts.

It's also almost impossible to accurately judge crowd levels off of a message board poll, but ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you can search for spring break dates in google. i dont understand the need for these polls.

I've searched but could not find something that show's how the spring breaker population is distributed among the dates. I recall seeing some in the past. Can you post a link?

It's also almost impossible to accurately judge crowd levels off of a message board poll, but ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least in this forum, this poll will show a distribution. It will be generated by a group that pretty well represents potential spring breakers that may visit WDW; especially after the poll gets a large number of responses. I expect it to provide accurate and useful information. There are other factors affecting crowd levels but during this time period, spring breaks carry a lot of weight.

there is a chart on a website that URLs are filtered here which shows disney world spring break 2018 crowds percentage of kids off by date. they also indicate this is drastically affected by when easter falls. at the moment, it does not completely match up with the results of this poll.

Yeah, I finally remembered one of the sites where I had seen the 2018 spring break distributions; it may be the site that has the URLs filtered. The information on the site states that the 2019 spring break information will be taken into account for it's crowd calendar later in the summer once more school systems have finalized their calendars for 2018-2019 school year. I'm interested in how they accumulate their data on spring breaks and affected populations.

I am not putting much stock in this poll for a while but think it will be fairly accurate if it stays active and gets bumped up fairly regularly for a couple of months. I didn't realize many calendars aren't available yet.

I am EXTREMELY surprised by the poll results. We have gone the last 3 years from around feb 27-March 3 or 4 and it is amazing! Crowds and weather are both fantastic!! I highly suggest that time to go. Go right after Presidents’ Day and before spring break crowds start.

Majority of schools here will have second or third week off in March.

Our school system has a winter break and a spring break. Winter break is always the last week of February and spring break is always the last week of April. I found that since our spring break is later than most, we've had good luck that week with good weather and moderate crowds.

I am EXTREMELY surprised by the poll results. We have gone the last 3 years from around feb 27-March 3 or 4 and it is amazing! Crowds and weather are both fantastic!! I highly suggest that time to go. Go right after Presidents’ Day and before spring break crowds start.

Majority of schools here will have second or third week off in March.

I think it is still too early to make much out of the poll results. I'm hoping for more responses built up over a couple of months. The thread gets pushed down the list so is not visible that often; only when someone adds a new post...

I think it is still too early to make much out of the poll results. I'm hoping for more responses built up over a couple of months. The thread gets pushed down the list so is not visible that often; only when someone adds a new post...
I read it wrong. I picked the dates for when I would want to visit lol. I changed it to when our schools normally have spring break.

Our spring break has been the same for about 30 years - always the first full week of March, never changes!

I'm curious to see how the late Easter affects crowds the following weeks.

The first week in March used to be 'Our Week' before we discovered Food&Wine. My school breaks then, the weather is usually fine and crowds Moderate at worst. 2014 was our last trip on that week. I always notice that crowds build noticeably as the week goes on so I suspect that from then on until Easter, crowds will more and more of an annoyance.

Bill From PA

I read it wrong. I picked the dates for when I would want to visit lol. I changed it to when our schools normally have spring break.

Yeah, I edited the first post. Looking for responses from everybody whether they plan to visit WDW during their spring break or not.

Interesting trend so far but still early. Some years the spring breaks are spread out rather flat and some years really bunched up around Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!