Spring 2013 Professional Internships

To people who have gone through that final Retail Management PI interview -

What was the response/last words of your interviewers? Mine said that I should be getting call within 2-3 weeks. I thought though that if you're rejected, they don't call, just email. I'm not naive enough to believe that they were telling me I did well and that I'd probably get it. They can't do that and plus they still had interviews to conduct, thus more people to examine and see if they were better than me! I just wonder if they're saying that everyone receives calls - rejected or not. Or maybe they meant IF offered the PI, you'll receive a call. Basically, it wasn't the response I was expecting. What did you all experience?

I could swear mine said there would be decisions within a week. Of course, my mind was in a jumble at this point since they'd just said they were only taking seven total people
I know in one of my prep meetings my mentor said they would notify people and then in case someone decided not to do the program they still had time to notify replacements by Dec 7. Who knows? It seems like everyone gets different answers so I guess all we can do is wait.
On a side note-I don't know what I'll do if I actually do get chosen. I've convinced myself to go back to TN in January and I have a job lined up if I do go back. I always thought I wanted this so bad but the closer the decision comes to getting here the more I want more time to figure it out.

Don't know which type of engineering he applied for but I know of at least one person who has received an offer

I think there were about 5 engineering positions that he applied for (they were all under the engineering umbrella - you didn't pick what you applied for. You automatically were in the applicant pool for all 5 by applying once). Unfortunately, one of the preferred qualifications was "fluent in Mandarin", so maybe he's waiting so long to hear from them because they are waiting for all those "fluent in Mandarin" applicants to show up! He's so busy with school right now, he's kinda put this whole thing behind him. If they call, they call, is his attitude. I'm the one who's freaking out about it!! :scared:

Lady V said:
I could swear mine said there would be decisions within a week. Of course, my mind was in a jumble at this point since they'd just said they were only taking seven total people
I know in one of my prep meetings my mentor said they would notify people and then in case someone decided not to do the program they still had time to notify replacements by Dec 7. Who knows? It seems like everyone gets different answers so I guess all we can do is wait.
On a side note-I don't know what I'll do if I actually do get chosen. I've convinced myself to go back to TN in January and I have a job lined up if I do go back. I always thought I wanted this so bad but the closer the decision comes to getting here the more I want more time to figure it out.

You sound so determined to leave! Why did you even put yourself through this stressful process then? Well, maybe the whole process is more stressful to me because I know it could be the start to my whole life. I plan to work for Disney for my whole life and live there obviously. I know if I don't get it, I can work my way up other ways, but this would mean so much to my future.

Hey Morgan-

I did a PI fall 2010, and lived in Disney housing when it was at Cumberland park apartments. Disney housing was very expensive, especially since I shared a apartment with three others. I would suggest opting out of Disney Housing.

Check out the facebook group for PIs I know a lot of them have been looking for room mates!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/237173299722218/?fref=ts

I commute 20+ miles to work every day now, so this would not be a big change. :drive:

My intention is to stay permanently and I want to live somewhere that is comfortable and worth staying a couple of years. If you think it is too much for the thread, just PI me. Thanks so much for the info.

Well Orlando is an amazing city, so as long as you stay within 20 mins from Disney it well be perfect for you!!! So I have looked all weekend long and I even though I have lived here my whole life, with the exception of college, I never knew how many apartments and communities there are around the Disney area...

Here are a few apartments I looked at over the weekend, but there are still soo many more to come because I too want to make sure I end up in the right community and place for the long haul!!

The Palms Club - Located off of Kirkman, near Millenia and Metrowest Blvd, and about 5 mins from Universal and about 20 mins away from Disney <--- In traffic this will diffidently be a little more. I really liked the community and prices! One bedroom's are priced from 825 to 975 and two bedrooms from 975 to 1050, but there are several discounts right now that made some of those prices about 25 to 75 dollars less... They did not give any discounts for Universal or Disney employees, so thats a con... The community is humongous and offers every amenity that you could ever WANT!!! BUT, my friend and I noticed a lot of high school students that were being somewhat disruptive while we were there, not by doing anything illegal, but they were all by the pool making a lot of noise! SO this one I will not be choosing because of this reason. Technically apartment complex's cannot disclose demographic information, but if you go at the right time, like I did, you can see really what the apartment complex is all about. I know every complex will have it's pro's and con's, but annoying teenages are very big con for me! LOL

Cross Water at Lakeside Village - Located in Windermere and about 10 mins from Disney... All I have to say is WOW!!!! This was by far the best place I have looked at so far... It is a brand new community and has yet to even open all the units, but construction is on the other side of the complex so it wasn't loud at all!! The amenities are perfect and is on a Lake, it just was soo serene and gorgeous!!! It's a little pricer, with one bedrooms from 960 to 990 and two bedrooms from 1190 to 1300. They do give a Disney discount that is applied to the application and security deposit, which is half off. The complex is running a special for the security deposit at ONLY $50 dollars, so between the application and security deposit it will be ONLY $50 dollars. Bad part there is an Administratve fee of $250 that is non refundable, but I am noticing more and more most apartment complexes are now requiring these so I guess it's the trick of the trade. SO overall this place is amazing, modern, and in the perfect location!!!

Alexandria/Park Vue @ Lake Buena Vista - I know that this was already reviewed, but I thought I would just add that their pet fees are outrageous, so if you have one just beware! I was not a fan of this community!

Falcon Square - This is the apartment complex that will house the professional interns this Spring... I decided to look at it for the purposes of being close to the other PI's, but I was unable to look at anything due to the fact the office staff were out on property for over 30 mins and I didn't have time to wait... The community is amazing! It is located in Independence, very similar to Celebration, and the houses surrounding the apartment complex are super adorable! It's kind of far, but it's really amazing so I am going to go look at it again and I will let you know :)

That's all for now, but I will give you an update once I go to other places :)

Hey Morgan-

I did a PI fall 2010, and lived in Disney housing when it was at Cumberland park apartments. Disney housing was very expensive, especially since I shared a apartment with three others. I would suggest opting out of Disney Housing.

Check out the facebook group for PIs I know a lot of them have been looking for room mates!

Thank you soo much for the advice! I have been utilizing this for a few days and I think I may find something through it.. Thank you!!!

Well Orlando is an amazing city, so as long as you stay within 20 mins from Disney it well be perfect for you!!! So I have looked all weekend long and I even though I have lived here my whole life, with the exception of college, I never knew how many apartments and communities there are around the Disney area...

Here are a few apartments I looked at over the weekend, but there are still soo many more to come because I too want to make sure I end up in the right community and place for the long haul!!

The Palms Club - Located off of Kirkman, near Millenia and Metrowest Blvd, and about 5 mins from Universal and about 20 mins away from Disney <--- In traffic this will diffidently be a little more. I really liked the community and prices! One bedroom's are priced from 825 to 975 and two bedrooms from 975 to 1050, but there are several discounts right now that made some of those prices about 25 to 75 dollars less... They did not give any discounts for Universal or Disney employees, so thats a con... The community is humongous and offers every amenity that you could ever WANT!!! BUT, my friend and I noticed a lot of high school students that were being somewhat disruptive while we were there, not by doing anything illegal, but they were all by the pool making a lot of noise! SO this one I will not be choosing because of this reason. Technically apartment complex's cannot disclose demographic information, but if you go at the right time, like I did, you can see really what the apartment complex is all about. I know every complex will have it's pro's and con's, but annoying teenages are very big con for me! LOL

Cross Water at Lakeside Village - Located in Windermere and about 10 mins from Disney... All I have to say is WOW!!!! This was by far the best place I have looked at so far... It is a brand new community and has yet to even open all the units, but construction is on the other side of the complex so it wasn't loud at all!! The amenities are perfect and is on a Lake, it just was soo serene and gorgeous!!! It's a little pricer, with one bedrooms from 960 to 990 and two bedrooms from 1190 to 1300. They do give a Disney discount that is applied to the application and security deposit, which is half off. The complex is running a special for the security deposit at ONLY $50 dollars, so between the application and security deposit it will be ONLY $50 dollars. Bad part there is an Administratve fee of $250 that is non refundable, but I am noticing more and more most apartment complexes are now requiring these so I guess it's the trick of the trade. SO overall this place is amazing, modern, and in the perfect location!!!

Alexandria/Park Vue @ Lake Buena Vista - I know that this was already reviewed, but I thought I would just add that their pet fees are outrageous, so if you have one just beware! I was not a fan of this community!

Falcon Square - This is the apartment complex that will house the professional interns this Spring... I decided to look at it for the purposes of being close to the other PI's, but I was unable to look at anything due to the fact the office staff were out on property for over 30 mins and I didn't have time to wait... The community is amazing! It is located in Independence, very similar to Celebration, and the houses surrounding the apartment complex are super adorable! It's kind of far, but it's really amazing so I am going to go look at it again and I will let you know :)

That's all for now, but I will give you an update once I go to other places :)

This a big help and I really appreciate you sharing your impressions. Between you and Disneygirlie I feel that I have to real direction for my exploring. Overall I have six days there, but I do want to spend sometime relaxing. Between work, school and the application process...I am so tired. Tonight it might snow, sigh. However I am so grateful to not a an east coast resident that I will not complain anymore.:angel:

As for the teenagers, I am like you, I don't dislike them but I have no patience for that much noise. This is exact why I would not like living in a crowded apartment. I like being peaceful at home and seeking noise and excitement elsewhere.

The PI I am hoping for, stated a decision will be made by the end of the week. I have my fingers crossed, but I am trying not get to excited but because there is one spot and five great final applicants. I have decided either way to make the move to Orlando permanent. This is really scary for me but this information helps the process....THANKS!:goodvibes

I wish I could afford crosswater at lakeside village. I know I can't though so that's why I didn't even go tour it. It would have been mean to do that to myself. Great reviews though!

BUT Dh just moved to post-interview stage! That could mean nothing or everything but there was movement on his dashboard! Gotta celebrate some movement! :rotfl: :goodvibes

Well....any news? Mine has not shifted from Interview stage!!

Well....any news? Mine has not shifted from Interview stage!!

No news at all. It's giving me an ulcer waiting. They have moved on from F&B MI interviews to other things now so hopefully they aren't going to draw out this process.

I did see that someone on the FB boards accepted a Retail MI. That's the only movement I've seen posted for that MI. So hopefully you will hear something within the next few days.

Of course it would be a guy to hear first.

Something tells me that females are more high anxiety. Not fair!

Sorry, guys. My anxiety level is causing me to be irrational.

Of course it would be a guy to hear first.

Something tells me that females are more high anxiety. Not fair!

Sorry, guys. My anxiety level is causing me to be irrational.

Please, I'm off the wall stressed right now and it's not even my internship! I think you are perfectly rational! LOL

This is going to sound really bad, but do we know of anyone who has received NLIC emails yet?

I've always heard that no news is good news, so I'm not that upset yet for myself. I'm still in interview stage and haven't gotten a NLIC email yet (knock on wood), but I was just wondering if anyone has gotten one. It seems odd to me that someone has gotten offered a retail MI and we haven't heard anything about people who have been NLIC. I would have thought they would have done rejections first and then gone through and done acceptances. Although, what do I know? There's no rhyme or reason to Disney magic!

This is going to sound really bad, but do we know of anyone who has received NLIC emails yet?

I've always heard that no news is good news, so I'm not that upset yet for myself. I'm still in interview stage and haven't gotten a NLIC email yet (knock on wood), but I was just wondering if anyone has gotten one. It seems odd to me that someone has gotten offered a retail MI and we haven't heard anything about people who have been NLIC. I would have thought they would have done rejections first and then gone through and done acceptances. Although, what do I know? There's no rhyme or reason to Disney magic!

I haven't seen anything yet. I checked both FB groups. He's the only person to even mention the retail MI. Other ppl just may not be part of those groups or they aren't posting.

He said he had his interview 1 week ago exactly. Maybe his university was the fastest in replying to the check on transcripts? Or maybe his background check came back the fastest?

Thanks. I would just check the groups myself but I used to be a member of one and left because I felt like the mods were too controlling. I made a post and got reprimanded for it which I thought was ridiculous because it wasn't inappropriate so I left.

And the other one I left on accident in the process of leaving the other one haha.

Thanks. I would just check the groups myself but I used to be a member of one and left because I felt like the mods were too controlling. I made a post and got reprimanded for it which I thought was ridiculous because it wasn't inappropriate so I left.

And the other one I left on accident in the process of leaving the other one haha.

Do you want me to keep you posted or no? Because I have another update if you want it.

Omg dh got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's totally separate from the other update BTW. He just called me and holy moly I can't even explain the excitement I feel for him. This is his dream and I hope it opens all the doors for him that he desires.

Does anyone know what the DWSS application email is all about? I got one today, no movement on the dashboard. I am waiting to hear from Y.E.S., Guest Relations, and Park Event Operations. All three are alumni only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter