SPOILER...Anyone going to the opening of Mickey's Runaway Railway Tomorrow (01/27/23)?

On Friday we got group 5 and rode basically right away.

On Saturday we got group 25 - got called at 8:30 - ride went down. I think it came up by about noon? We had left the park - we went back at 5:20…..we waited over 45 mins to board. The queue was filled and we moved so slowly. I wish they had posted the wait time at the front before scanning in. Wasn’t super thrilled to wait that long (but was by far - almost double - the longest line we waited in over our 6 park days!) such an awesome ride, and really fantastic trip! Good luck to those trying the VQ.
We waited 1.5 hours. I didn't realize the VQ just meant you get to stand in a really really long line at a certain time. We liked the ride, but would not have waited that long had we known. They should post the wait time at the entrance. We would have enjoyed the ride more if we hadn't waited so long to ride it, or if we had at least known in advance it would be that long.

... such an awesome ride, ...
We rode it last week and each said, "Meh."
What makes this "such an awesome ride" to you and your group? I'm sure we missed something ... ?? Maybe this is something one appreciates more if they've ridden many times and can find how it evolves/changes ... or ... ??

What makes this "such an awesome ride" to you and your group? I'm sure we missed something ... ?? Maybe this is something one appreciates more if they've ridden many times and can find how it evolves/changes ... or ... ??
We loved the technology, design and charming details. We came off smiling and laughing each ride - by far the most delighted after this ride than any others on this trip!

It has a nice mix of animatronics and projections used to cool effect, the simulated drop, and most of all, a catchy song!

Nothing can stop us nooooow....

Last edited:

We loved the technology, design and charming details. We came off smiling and laughing each ride - by far the most delighted after this ride than any others on this trip!

It has a nice mix of animatronics and projections used to cool effect, the simulated drop, and most of all, a catchy song!

Nothing can stop us nooooow....
Thanks, both! Yes, the
simulated drop is cute as is the hall where you feel "washed along by the waves.

" I'll try harder next time to find/follow the story and how the
carnival, twister and city street scene tie into the picnic in the park

. I've read that where you sit also might impact the storyline. We were in the penultimate train car and often "late" entering the various rooms. Next time we will choose the right-side queue before boarding ... not the left-side!

Last edited:
Thanks, both! Yes, the simulated drop is cute as is the hall where you feel "washed along by the waves." I'll try harder next time to find/follow the story and how the carnival, twister and city street scene tie into the picnic in the park. I've read that where you sit also might impact the storyline. We were in the penultimate train car and often "late" entering the various rooms. Next time we will choose the right-side queue before boarding ... not the left-side!

The cars do change position through the ride though. If you are in the lead car, you will be in a different spot when they all come back together. I don't know the exact sequencing though.

Last edited:
VQ is usually long because of down time earlier and guests stopping in the queue to take pictures of the museum pieces.

We waited 1.5 hours. I didn't realize the VQ just meant you get to stand in a really really long line at a certain time. We liked the ride, but would not have waited that long had we known. They should post the wait time at the entrance. We would have enjoyed the ride more if we hadn't waited so long to ride it, or if we had at least known in advance it would be that long.

I think the long VQ lines are really only caused by breakdowns. Not necessarily breakdowns while you’re in line, but earlier breakdowns that cause the VQ system to backup. The amount of people given VQ spots should roughly match the ride capacity, so barring breakdowns, it shouldn’t be that long.

In all the VQs I’ve done, I’ve never waited more than 40 min, except one time on rise where we waited almost 2 hours, because earlier breakdowns caused a ton of people to join the line all at once’s

Can I ask a favor? If people want to post about details from the ride, could you kindly use a spoiler tag to cover? I am trying so hard to experience this attraction blind (no details about what happens during the ride) but I also want the VQ info found in this thread. Please and thank you! 🙏🙏🙏

I definitely riding it for the details. The first few times the queue lines went too fast for me to appreciate all the fun elements. All the signs are quality dad jokes. The ride itself is almost the same as Hollywood Studio and while cute, not my fave. I’m hoping to go on it as much as I want now before it moves to genie+ because the standby line then will be insane and not worth the long wait.

Got boarding group 38 today from my home in San Diego. Hopefully it doesn’t get called too early as I’m meeting my sister and family around 10! Will report back on time if helpful.

Remember; this is a TOONtown ride.

Little kids will love all the action while the parents will appreciate a lot of the exhibit stuff along the queue (there is a lack of distraction for the little ones though).

We enjoyed the ride and experience and will so ride again to get the smaller details, just like ROTR riding over-and-over to appreciate all the imagineering that goes into the ride.

Boarding group 38 was called back around 9am this morning. My sis and family rode it and we were able to purchase a LL for $15 with an almost immediate return time after lunch and all rode.

I love this ride so much. Even though I’d been on it at WDW it still surprised me.

Got boarding group 38 today from my home in San Diego. Hopefully it doesn’t get called too early as I’m meeting my sister and family around 10! Will report back on time if helpful.
A bit off topic, but how long did it take you get to DL from San Diego?
Were you able to get there in time?

Also, can you enter the line for a VQ ride any time after your BG is called or only for a specific time?

Thanks!

Also, can you enter the line for a VQ ride any time after your BG is called or only for a specific time?

Thanks!
I’m in north count San Diego and it usually takes me an hour and 6 min with a little bit of traffic once I hit Oceanside or Orange County. I do this regularly. If I was in the city proper that could add 30-40 minutes depending on how close you are to the 5.

I didn’t make it in time yesterday but that was user error as I wasn’t ready and was doing school drop off. So I didn’t leave until well after 9, had to park, etc.

They would have most likely still let me board as I arrived not far past my boarding time (you have an hour window), but as I knew I’d have many more chances to ride I told my sis and fam to please ride without me. You don’t tempt fate with a 3-year old in tow. ;) yesterday was all about my nephews first visit.

... the standby line then will be insane and not worth the long wait.
Ah, unless it is a particularly hot day. I'm pretty certain this has to be the longest indoor queue at DL/DCA? The indoor section of Indiana Jones might come close -- but they no longer allow you to truly linger indoors until just before movie-screening room. I see this ride as being "high on my list" if I need to hang out in A/C. Grab a cold drink ... and cheerfully stand in a long, indoor queue. Hmm, could be good!

Ah, unless it is a particularly hot day. I'm pretty certain this has to be the longest indoor queue at DL/DCA? The indoor section of Indiana Jones might come close -- but they no longer allow you to truly linger indoors until just before movie-screening room. I see this ride as being "high on my list" if I need to hang out in A/C. Grab a cold drink ... and cheerfully stand in a long, indoor queue. Hmm, could be good!
I think rise has more indoor queue.

Thanks!

We used to live in Del Mar- North County San Diego- and door to door it was an hour and 11 minutes without traffic.

I definitely think Minnie and Mickey have the longest indoor queue at Disneyland. I would actually hate to see the line if it was spilling outside. Probably a 2 hour wait at that point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter