SPOILER...Anyone going to the opening of Mickey's Runaway Railway Tomorrow (01/27/23)?

Ah, unless it is a particularly hot day. I'm pretty certain this has to be the longest indoor queue at DL/DCA? The indoor section of Indiana Jones might come close -- but they no longer allow you to truly linger indoors until just before movie-screening room. I see this ride as being "high on my list" if I need to hang out in A/C. Grab a cold drink ... and cheerfully stand in a long, indoor queue. Hmm, could be good!
I've wondered about this... it was to accommodate a faster fastpass line, right? Such a shame to walk past all the nice theming and wait outside instead.

I've wondered about this... it was to accommodate a faster fastpass line, right? Such a shame to walk past all the nice theming and wait outside instead.
It’s because the ride open before fast pass was installed in the late 90s/early 2000s and there is no way to have the merge further in so it changed up how the queue flowed.

They used to let the line back up all the way through into the cave area, but recent changes since covid back up only 1/2 way into the film room.

They even changed the film room loop for whatever reasons (which saddens me since really loved that british lady clip)

It’s because the ride open before fast pass was installed in the late 90s/early 2000s and there is no way to have the merge further in so it changed up how the queue flowed.
Yeah, we rode it many times back then... its what I figured.

🎶“Nothing can stop us nowwwwww!!!”🎶

Super cute ride! Love the pre-show so much!

The wait was sooooooo long though! Took us about one hour to get to the ride vehicles. It was a little painful being in the outdoor overflow queue with no cute things to look at.

🎶“Nothing can stop us nowwwwww!!!”🎶

Super cute ride! Love the pre-show so much!

The wait was sooooooo long though! Took us about one hour to get to the ride vehicles. It was a little painful being in the outdoor overflow queue with no cute things to look at.

Yeah, that was the first time I've ever been into that. And it made zero sense since there were giant sections of the queue that were not filled when I went through. Like entire rooms we just bypassed 🤔.

Did not like that part. Sun was a bit much there even with the umbrellas.

Yeah, that was the first time I've ever been into that. And it made zero sense since there were giant sections of the queue that were not filled when I went through. Like entire rooms we just bypassed 🤔.

Did not like that part. Sun was a bit much there even with the umbrellas.
Yes, I noticed the same thing. It was so odd. It just feels better being inside the queue with so much to look at versus being out in the sun and concrete like a cattle call (here’s looking at you Webslingers).

Yes, I noticed the same thing. It was so odd. It just feels better being inside the queue with so much to look at versus being out in the sun and concrete like a cattle call (here’s looking at you Webslingers).

I'm surprised my friend is still my friend after I convinced her to stand in that line for like 90-120 minutes on a really hot day in August 2021 😂. In my defense it was my first time on the ride and I had no idea how miserable that line would be for minimal reward in comparison.

I don't know what caused them to open that overflow and not utilize the rest, but maybe it was just that full earlier? And they hadn't adjusted the flow yet? I just hope that's not going to be a regular occurrence 😬. It's at least only a small section I guess? But ugh that was terrible.

I'm surprised my friend is still my friend after I convinced her to stand in that line for like 90-120 minutes on a really hot day in August 2021 😂. In my defense it was my first time on the ride and I had no idea how miserable that line would be for minimal reward in comparison.

I don't know what caused them to open that overflow and not utilize the rest, but maybe it was just that full earlier? And they hadn't adjusted the flow yet? I just hope that's not going to be a regular occurrence 😬. It's at least only a small section I guess? But ugh that was terrible.
I won’t do Webslingers standby anymore unless it’s a ridiculously low wait like 15 minutes. I had a baaaaaadd time once due to the LL bringing the standby queue to a complete and total halt … never again! And I do actually love Webslingers.

I feel like they were testing that back area. They also had tape on the ground and ropes out in front the ride entrance despite a bunch of the inside queue areas being roped of (and CM standing in some of the empty space … weird!). It was just a really, really long line. There were also periods of time that we didn’t move at all for a long time so maybe the ride was having issues today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter