Splitting FCCs into Two Sailings

GrnMtnMan

DIS Veteran
Our August 2021 cruise costs significantly less than the one we were booked on in July 2020. As a result, we have enough FCCs to PIF the August 2021 sailing, plus a deposit for a spring or summer 2022 sailing. Can we do this? Our individual (wife, 2 kids, +me) FCCs are sized appropriately to do so, but I’m not clear on the rules for FCC use.

Yes! We were able to split up our FCC for multiple cruises. If you login to your account and try to make a payment, it will give you several options, including the option to use your FCC. when you select FCC, it shows your balance for each passenger and you can specify how much you want to use. The only caveat is you have to make sure all FCC money is put where you want it before the first sailing because anything not used will go towards your on board account on the first cruise. It sounds like you have a plan so that probably won't be an issue.

It was nice to be able to login and do it myself and know exactly how much money I have left without having to call in. If you have a travel agent, you would need to call them to do it for you but it's still possible.

Yes! We were able to split up our FCC for multiple cruises.
Thanks!
The only caveat is you have to make sure all FCC money is put where you want it before the first sailing because anything not used will go towards your on board account on the first cruise.
Thanks for this too. Do you happen to know if, after I cruise the first time on FCCs, I can get a refund on the second cruise if we later decide to cancel it? If there's someplace I can go to find these details out, please point me there.

Yes! We were able to split up our FCC for multiple cruises. If you login to your account and try to make a payment, it will give you several options, including the option to use your FCC. when you select FCC, it shows your balance for each passenger and you can specify how much you want to use. The only caveat is you have to make sure all FCC money is put where you want it before the first sailing because anything not used will go towards your on board account on the first cruise. It sounds like you have a plan so that probably won't be an issue.

It was nice to be able to login and do it myself and know exactly how much money I have left without having to call in. If you have a travel agent, you would need to call them to do it for you but it's still possible.
Were you able to see on your account if you had a OBC or do you still have to call in to speak with a cast member about making sure your OBC gets moved with your FCC?

Thanks!
Thanks for this too. Do you happen to know if, after I cruise the first time on FCCs, I can get a refund on the second cruise if we later decide to cancel it? If there's someplace I can go to find these details out, please point me there.

That I don't know. They should be able to tell what portion of that payment was FCC and just reduce the refund by 25%. But I feel like the policy will be that once you use any part of it, you have to use all of it. Which I guess I can't blame them. The whole reason for the FCC is to avoid cancellations. I would definitely call on that one to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter