Split stay luggage question

AMK53

Mouseketeer
When moving from one resort to another during a split stay, is your luggage delivered to your room if you use luggage service?

When moving from one resort to another during a split stay, is your luggage delivered to your room if you use luggage service?
You would need to call Bell Services to have it sent to the room and be present when they deliver.

you have to call bell services and they will send to your new resort. I think you then need to call your bell services at your new resort to get it to your room.

No.
Once you are IN the new room, call Bell Services and they will deliver it to you. It is customary to tip for this service

Thank you!
Bummer, was hoping it would be in the room. Will just move them myself!

Thank you!
Bummer, was hoping it would be in the room. Will just move them myself!
it isn't quite as easy as the magic express, however, don't be discouraged, it really isn't a hard process. you have the suitcases ready for pickup at one side, call bell services, tehy come and get them. When you get back to the new hotel after your park day or whenever, you call bell services and tehy deliver to your room.

I guess if you don't have a big bag and you have a car, its no big deal to move yourself. However, I don't have a car, 3 kids, a stroller and some food, so, it is easier to have bell services move.

They did deliver it to our room before we even got to the resort once. I wouldn't expect it, though. We actually stopped at luggage services to pick it up on the way to the room and they told us it was already there (at Pop, luggage came from CSR).

Luggage from one resort to another is supposed to arrive by 4 pm. But we have always gotten them much earlier, I usually take our bags to bell services when I leave, tell them to send to new hotel, go do what I want and check in at new hotel later in the day. I have never not had luggage there. If you take it yourself, you need to drive or Uber to new resort, take them to bell services, go do what you want and then come back when room is ready. Or I guess just keep in car if you go to parks and then check into new hotel. We never do a park on a moving day and rarely have a car so I usually just check out at 11, take bus to Disney springs for lunch and shopping and then bus to new hotel.

Can you take your luggage from resort #1 to resort #2 in a Minnie Van if there are only two passengers? We are hoping to transfer to the second resort very early in the morning so we can visit Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours on that morning. I am thinking a Minnie Van might be our best option but I was hoping that we could just bring our luggage with us and leave it at bell services at resort #2.

Can you take your luggage from resort #1 to resort #2 in a Minnie Van if there are only two passengers? We are hoping to transfer to the second resort very early in the morning so we can visit Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours on that morning. I am thinking a Minnie Van might be our best option but I was hoping that we could just bring our luggage with us and leave it at bell services at resort #2.
We took our luggage with us from Pop to Wilderness Lodge last year. We had 4 people and three large suitcases and carry ons without an issue.

It might be quicker just to have bell services at your first resort move your luggage for you that way you can leave straight from resort 1 in a Minnie Van to MK and get dropped right at the front. Otherwise, you'd have to get to Resort #2 (looks like GF for you), drop your bags with bell services then hop on the monorail to get to MK. There may be a decent line at GF of people checking out that day trying to get bell services to hold their luggage while they hit the parks one last day. Our last trip, we were at CBR going to CSR and we had them come get our luggage to transport it around 7am, then took a Minnie Van to AK for rope drop.

It might be quicker just to have bell services at your first resort move your luggage for you that way you can leave straight from resort 1 in a Minnie Van to MK and get dropped right at the front. Otherwise, you'd have to get to Resort #2 (looks like GF for you), drop your bags with bell services then hop on the monorail to get to MK. There may be a decent line at GF of people checking out that day trying to get bell services to hold their luggage while they hit the parks one last day. Our last trip, we were at CBR going to CSR and we had them come get our luggage to transport it around 7am, then took a Minnie Van to AK for rope drop.
Great advice...It will be faster to have Bell services take our things over and head straight to MK! We can do online check in 😊 Thanks!

Sorry to hijack this thread but I thought it might be better than starting a new one. I am also doing a split stay. I am staying at Pop Century for only one night. The morning of our first night at AKL, we are leaving bright and early to rope drop MK and then attending a party, so we won't get to AKL until VERY late. How is luggage handled in this situation? Do we need to take our luggage somewhere the morning we are checking out of POP? Will we be able to get our luggage if it is after midnight when we get to AKL? I was thinking of having a few groceries delivered on our first day but that is just more stuff to move!

Sorry to hijack this thread but I thought it might be better than starting a new one. I am also doing a split stay. I am staying at Pop Century for only one night. The morning of our first night at AKL, we are leaving bright and early to rope drop MK and then attending a party, so we won't get to AKL until VERY late. How is luggage handled in this situation? Do we need to take our luggage somewhere the morning we are checking out of POP? Will we be able to get our luggage if it is after midnight when we get to AKL? I was thinking of having a few groceries delivered on our first day but that is just more stuff to move!

Bell Services is open 24/7. You can stop by at Pop on your way out to drop off your bags to be sent to AKL, and then go to bell services at AKL when you arrive to pick them up, or call them when you get up to your room.

We always stop at Bell Services and pick up our own luggage when we have had it transferred for a split stay. We usually go through the lobby on our way to our room anyway, so we just pick it up instead of having to wait in our room to have it delivered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter