Splash pad closed

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We got here yesterday and didn’t know the splash pad and water slide are both closed. We have a 12 month old so we were really looking forward to it 😕

It was closed for repainting when we went in July 2019. I don't know why they schedule this type of maintenance in the hot months.

It was closed for repainting when we went in July 2019. I don't know why they schedule this type of maintenance in the hot months.
It’s 93 out right now and Ds hates the normal pool. He’s 12 months and walking so he doesn’t like that he can’t move in the pool. We were so excited for the splash pad

It’s 93 out right now and Ds hates the normal pool. He’s 12 months and walking so he doesn’t like that he can’t move in the pool. We were so excited for the splash pad
we had a similar feeling. Our younger one could manage the pool, but it wasn't as much fun for him since he couldn't swim. He was excited about the splash pad, then we learned it was closed. :(

we had a similar feeling. Our younger one could manage the pool, but it wasn't as much fun for him since he couldn't swim. He was excited about the splash pad, then we learned it was closed. :(
We lasted 10 minutes in the normal pool. He hates it. We have a pool at home and he does this there too. It just started in the last two weeks

Sorry for you inconvenience. Kids want what they want, especially the littles!

Disney has had a message about this up for a while on the Fort Wilderness reservation page.

These things usually always last a bit longer than they say they will.

Please Pardon Our Pixie Dust

From April 12 through May 2021, the Meadow Swimmin’ Pool waterslide and water play area will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, the Meadow Swimmin’ Pool, Wilderness Swimmin’ Pool and other outdoor recreational activities at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will remain available.

Before long, the Meadow Swimmin’ Pool waterslide and water play area will be back to offer their 67-foot-long corkscrew slide and space for little ones to make a splash.

Disney has had a message about this up for a while on the Fort Wilderness reservation page.

This. It not only comes up on the reservation page but on EVERY tab on the official Fort website except "Dining" under the picture. Been there for a while.

FW Pool Closed.PNG

Bama Ed

Please Pardon Our Pixie Dust

From April 12 through May 2021, the Meadow Swimmin’ Pool waterslide and water play area will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, the Meadow Swimmin’ Pool, Wilderness Swimmin’ Pool and other outdoor recreational activities at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will remain available.

Before long, the Meadow Swimmin’ Pool waterslide and water play area will be back to offer their 67-foot-long corkscrew slide and space for little ones to make a splash.
This. It not only comes up on the reservation page but on EVERY tab on the official Fort website except "Dining" under the picture. Been there for a while.

View attachment 574264

Bama Ed
Thank you! I totally missed that when booking so that’s all on us. Idk how I missed it. I wish they would’ve done it earlier in the year when it wasn’t 90+ outside

I do agree that April through May for repairs to a pool slide and a children's splash pad, seems a little odd or "sus," as the kids say. We are there the last week in May. FINGERS CROSSED, the slide is open.

I do agree that April through May for repairs to a pool slide and a children's splash pad, seems a little odd or "sus," as the kids say. We are there the last week in May. FINGERS CROSSED, the slide is open.
We haven’t even seen anyone working on it. It just has caution tape

Blizzard Beach is open and it has a kiddie area. If you have park hoppers, I don’t it’s much more to add in the waterpark.
We thought about that but decided not to go. We have APs so I think we’d have to buy tickets to blizzard beach. We just hung out in the cabin, did playgrounds, and the ranch. I’m hoping he gets over this hating the pool phase soon. It’s because he wants to climb out of the pool instead of swimming

Throw the kiddie life vest thing on them with the loops on the arms. Then tow them into the pool, they may not like it at first, but then they might. Or it could scar them for life. It worked with my daughter.
I’m actually planning to put him in survival swimming lessons to see if it’ll help him. We also have a pool so it’s probably a good idea. Dh isn’t sure about it yet

Lol, i took my daughter to mother daughter swim class, i was the only dad :oops: . She was maybe 9 months old, and as soon as she was in the water she took a nap. After that she hated the water, thus the just throw them in theory with life vest thing and supervision of course. Now shes 9 and a so so swimmer, but she likes the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!