Spirit Airlines for October ($170 R/T).. but I have a Question..

KBFinFan

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

I am going down to WDW on 10/20 to 10/24 and have been checking out some airfares. Everything I am looking at now (All NYC airports and EWR, as well as ALB and BDL) are over $200 a person. I am tempted to go ahead and book Spirit this far in advance, as the total for two comes to $344.40 which is a good deal I think (and with good times 8:00 departure from LGA and 2:30 departure from MCO).

However, I got such a good rate for spring break, around $150 R/T a person on Song (which I loved and seems more reliable, especially since I am scared of Spirit's possible delays since its only a 4 night stay).... I am hesitant.

Should I just book instead of gambling....? I'd really like to try JetBlue but their one-way rates on that Sunday 10/24 are over $100 pushing up the rate to over $200 a person. I was thinking about Southwest from BDL or ALB, but they haven't released their fall schedule.

I like searching for the best deal... but I don't want to miss out. As of right now I am thinking Spirit but am just going to wait until mid-week which is usually when the 'magic happens' as far as price movements.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

We are going the 23-30th..
Im hoping that when Southwests Prices come out maybe just maybe JetBlue or Song will Drop there prices. I would HATE HATE HATE to spend 200 a person, when there is 8 of us going!

I just want to make a comment about Spirit Airlines. I flew Spirit from Detroit to Las Vegas two weeks ago. Everything went smoothly. My flights left on time (in both directions) and we actually arrived early on the return. At the gate in Las Vegas, we were offered an upgrade to their business class (Spirit Plus) for $40 and I took it. Nice big leather seat, etc. Since this is 3.5 hour flight, I felt it was worth it. Anyway, everything was fine and I would fly Spirit Airlines again without hesitation.

I agree with the previous poster. I have never had a problem with Spirit. If the times and price are good for you, I wouldn't hesitate!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: princess: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter