Specific Question about Hotels

Version 6

Mouseketeer
Hello All
My family (2 adults, 2 kids, 6 and 8) are in the early stages of planning our first trip to Tokyo Disney Resort in 2022.

We are deciding on our resort and are leaning towards Miracosta, due to the proximity to Disneysea and the private entry.

However, both of my kids have dietary issues (gluten and dairy intolerance). When we stay at the Grand Californian, I'll wake up early and grab a quick take away breakfast from downstairs in the hotel, or in Downtown Disney, and bring it up to the room for my wife and kids to eat while getting ready (fruit, gluten free toast etc). We don't like to waste too much "park time" sitting down to breakfast.

My only concern - is there somewhere to grab a quick takeaway breakfast in or near Miracosta? Or would we be better off staying elsewhere?

No, but then I don’t think there is anything like that in any of the official Disney hotels... at least not MiraCosta or Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, I’m not sure about the others. You’re probably better off grabbing something the night before and keeping it in the room to eat, maybe from the conbini. Just be aware that if you go the conbini route, the food labels won’t be in English and the clerk won’t have a single clue what you’re asking about, so you might want to go armed with the Google Translate camera.

You could also do room service. I’m almost positive I’ve seen allergy plates listed.

In any event, MiraCosta is a beautiful hotel and I definitely wouldn’t pass up the chance to stay there just because you can’t buy toast :)

Thanks - appreciate your response.

So, excuse my ignorance - what do most people do for breakfast when staying at MiraCosta?

Thanks - appreciate your response.

So, excuse my ignorance - what do most people do for breakfast when staying at MiraCosta?
We do room service or Oceano. I’m sure plenty of people eat something they have in the room and a lot of people probably just don’t bother with it at all and have a snack in the park or on the way home, because most people are not staying more than one or two nights.

Thanks - we would happily do a sit down meal, provided that we have time to do so before park opening. Thanks for your responses.

The Ambassador might work better. It’s right by Ikspiari and there’s several counter places there that might provide a ”to go” breakfast. We stayed concierge at Sheraton our first trip to TDR and enjoyed the morning breakfast. I don’t remember what we did for breakfast when we stayed at the DL hotel on our second trip; maybe we just grabbed something in the park.

The Hilton has a nice convenience store inside the hotel. We went there a lot for quick snacks and breakfasts. It’s super quick and easy to get to the park from there too

The Hilton has a nice convenience store inside the hotel. We went there a lot for quick snacks and breakfasts. It’s super quick and easy to get to the park from there too

I've heard that from a few people - but I really like the idea of the Extra 15. Seems like it's a nice opportunity to get on a big E Ticket and jag a fast pass for another, ahead of the crowds.

I've heard that from a few people - but I really like the idea of the Extra 15. Seems like it's a nice opportunity to get on a big E Ticket and jag a fast pass for another, ahead of the crowds.
I think you’ll have to decide what’s more important for your family. I’ll add that Dh and I got to ride everything we wanted and most rides multiple times even without the extra 15. For us the price tag that comes with staying at a Tokyo Disney resort was just too high

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter