SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it does open up for fall trips/anniversary!

We are going week of Christmas, so if it does open we might get lucky! Went January 2020 and canceled last years Christmas trip.
Seeing a menu sure would be nice.

It isn't run by Disney, it's run by a restaurant company. They aren't concerned with other staffing issues on-site, just that they can make their opening day. Here's hoping there's a soft opening in September or August.

I get that Patina doesn't care about Disney's general labor shortage. But I still don't get why a private restaurant company would put a cashier on the payroll in June for a restaurant that's opening in October. I can't imagine that the training would take longer than a couple of days. And if they won't actually go on the payroll until the fall, why would they be hiring now? Not that many cashiers or food runners are looking to make a commitment now for a job that won't start for months.

I'm hoping you're right that this might suggest an earlier soft opening. But I wonder whether that would do my family any good.

When Disney restaurants have had soft openings in the past, what did they look like? I assume it was walk-ins only, with little to no publicity? That's not ideal for those of us who aren't local and will be making ADRs well in advance. Can't take a chance on a long-shot soft opening. And can't back out of an ADR at the last minute if there happens to be a soft opening.

Great news about the Fall Opening!!! But remember, fall could mean so many things!!! Hopefully it will be open by your trip? 🤞🏻🤞🏻Thanks for posting!
Yes, but remember they were advertising that is was opening "this Winter!" in 2019..and a lot of us were saying "Winter could be March 2020". So Fall, 2021 could be March 2022...lol.

Tip wise, it will be a much better gig than a local Applebees or burger place, so some may be willing to commit to it early. Advertising jobs on your website doesn't hurt.
Might be looking good for our February-March trip 2022. Here's hoping if so we can get a reservation.

In Disney terms, fall could start mid August. And hiring now could mean actually starting mid- late July. By the time they get interviews done, jobs offered & accepted, mid/ late July training makes sense. Mid July isn’t that far off. I know a lot of people who have gotten new jobs with start dates a month or so away.

Hiring now doesn’t necessarily mean they go on the payroll today. Lots of companies hire for positions that start a month or so later.
I have accepted jobs like that myself. But they were very different jobs. Hiring salaried employees for jobs that will start a month later is not uncommon. Hiring waiters or cashiers in that way was unheard of back when I used to wait tables. Who knows, maybe things have changed.

I know people who work at restaurants who have 3-4 weeks of training. People don't understand the amount of things you need to learn, and taste for that matter. The wine lists, allergies from the food, tasting the food to explain what it is, etc etc. Higher end restaurants test the new applicants at the end of training ( if this is indeed that kind of place )

It's not just " hey do this and your good after a week "

Not to mention, they don't have current employees there right now to train them and ghost them while training. It's a long process

And lastly, I know people who own restaurants and can't even find servers right now ( due to some making more off unemployment, or general lack of wanting to be a server )

So Fall makes sense to me to get everything into place..

OMG, could it be finally opening in a few months? I crossed my fingers for Oct 2019, and then for Feb 2020, and then for July 2020.

I think that the “Fall” means there’s a good chance of soft openings for September (who knows, maybe even earlier, after all WDW does start Halloween parties in August). I don’t have a trip planned right now, but crossing my fingers for all of you going in August and September!

Great news about the Fall Opening!!! But remember, fall could mean so many things!!! Hopefully it will be open by your trip? 🤞🏻🤞🏻Thanks for posting!

Disney celebrates Halloween starting in August so who knows what they really mean about "Fall Opening." Hope means by October 1st but I am not counting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter