SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My app kept failing - and didnt recognize me so it wanted me to hard enter a CC#....I did get through on my laptop using Firefox, but it took 3 or 4 times and it was a S...L....O....W process...

like, it would get to one screen and the webpage would circle....then we'd get to the next screen and it would circle...I had to reach deep down into my bag of patience to get through that booking!!

:rotfl2:

Ended up with a party of 4 when there are only 2 of us. Do I need to call Disney to get them to modify it to just 2 people? Or does it not matter?
it does not matter - when you get there and check-in on your phone it will ask you to verify how many in your party and just change it to 2 people.

Its VERY hard to find ADRs for 2....so DH and I usually book for party of 3 or 4 and change it..

Congratulations!!

Ended up with a party of 4 when there are only 2 of us. Do I need to call Disney to get them to modify it to just 2 people? Or does it not matter?

Doesn‘t matter. There is no penalty to have less people than the ADR is for.

edit: we are a party of 2 usually. We often have to make ADRs for 4 in order to get restaurants we want & decent reservation times. It’s a game you have to play.

You know…if they have so much demand for this that the website crashes to keep up with demand, and all they are offering is a bit of sound effects, a video clip on loop, and some simple decor—I think we will be seeing a pretty heft dining cost increase in 2022.

perhaps all the changes and cost increases we have seen is actually Disney restraining themselves and being cautious…

You know…if they have so much demand for this that the website crashes to keep up with demand, and all they are offering is a bit of sound effects, a video clip on loop, and some simple decor—I think we will be seeing a pretty heft dining cost increase in 2022.
Let the reviews begin...

AFAIK, the only a la carte menu is in the lounge. There are no individual big ticket items on the regular dining room menus, just supplementary charges for upgrades such as adding shrimp or lobster to the filet dinner or getting the big ribeye or stuffed lobster as the entree. Base price for dinner is $79 (most entrees), $97 (ribeye), $99 (crab-stuffed lobster). To that, you can add additional sides (potatoes, etc.). Lunch is $55 to start, with extra charges for sides, lobster upgrade and dessert.
There’s a lounge???

After 2 years and 2 failed attempts at getting a reservation to go through this morning....I am SO VERY HAPPY to report that we will be going into Space for Halloween dinner this year! So, this has been a journey....kind of like astronaut training. Galactic Goodness to all of you. I'm out! :tink:

After 2 years and 2 failed attempts at getting a reservation to go through this morning....I am SO VERY HAPPY to report that we will be going into Space for Halloween dinner this year! So, this has been a journey....kind of like astronaut training. Galactic Goodness to all of you. I'm out! :tink:
Congrats. I tried Oct.31 and Nov. 1 our only dates and no luck.

edit: we are a party of 2 usually. We often have to make ADRs for 4 in order to get restaurants we want & decent reservation times. It’s a game you have to play.
I'm prepared for this to be the next thing to go - new policy, $10 charge per person for no-show coming 2022!

I got in before 6:00 (just luck on my part) using the browser. My ADR is on My Plans, but I have not received the confirmation email. Anyone else like that?

I got in before 6:00 (just luck on my part) using the browser. My ADR is on My Plans, but I have not received the confirmation email. Anyone else like that?
I got my initial confirmation email very quickly (before the first site crash), but not for a second res and for two modifications to those reservations. So I'm three confirmation emails behind. All for activity that occurred an hour and a half ago.

EDIT: The correct reservations are appearing in My Plans on the website and on the app, so I'm not too concerned. I did take screen shots though...

Last edited:
I thought I didn't get a confirmation but it was because I was looking in the wrong email box. Anyway you should have a confirmation # showing in your 'my plans'.

Last edited:
Will be at Disney later this week and thinking I may try to get into the lounge Thursday. My sister was able to book us lunch there for our November trip this morning. I’m interested to see how “walk up” is going to work this week. Hoping it’s a virtual queue you can join in the park. Don’t think I’ll do it if it means getting in line at park open. Will enjoy the booths instead if that’s the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter