Space 220

Been following this thread for a long time.

We ate there a few days ago. It wasn’t very good for us. I had the Buffalo cauliflower appetizer and burger. The app was pretty decent. The burger and fries were bad. Worst burger I’ve ever had. Seriously. Very tasteless unseasoned meat and I asked for medium well. It was unevenly cooked with blobs of very red/pink mixed with more cooked meat. Had a weird slaw and slimy bacon on it. Just gross IMO. The fries were so so salty I couldn’t do it to myself. Didn’t want to raise my BP that much for meh food.

I rarely say anything to waitstaff about food quality but this was so disappointing (and spendy) I actually spoke up. She brought me less salty fries. = No salt. (No table salt either) Bland unsalted unseasoned charred fries. I was grossed out by the burger so just passed on any redo.

The manager came and we chatted. He didn’t charge us. ( i felt kind of bad then for speaking up. I wasn’t looking for a freebie just giving feedback but he insisted) My husband had a salad which he liked fine and the pasta thing which he ate because he was hungry but it wasn’t particularly good. We won’t be back I’m pretty sure. Ever.

There was a weird funky smell like somebody was smoking. I kept smelling it off and on throughout our lunch. Come to find out thats part of the wow factor of the salmon dish. It was close to cigar smoke smell. Kind of unpleasant to me.

The music in there was cool. The ambiance of the place was neat for about 10 minutes then it was just boring. Not enough to watch. Not much going on in space. Just overall disappointing. JMO. And we were very much looking forward to it for years and so excited to finally get a seating.

Just our experience. Maybe others enjoyed it more but :/ We had delicious food at homecomin and house of blues and a couple other places. Space was a bust.

Glad that you spoke up !! As far as the Salmon--- heard its smoked with green tea leaves

We ate there a few days ago. It wasn’t very good for us. I had the Buffalo cauliflower appetizer and burger. The app was pretty decent. The burger and fries were bad. Worst burger I’ve ever had. Seriously. Very tasteless unseasoned meat and I asked for medium well. It was unevenly cooked with blobs of very red/pink mixed with more cooked meat. Had a weird slaw and slimy bacon on it. Just gross IMO. The fries were so so salty I couldn’t do it to myself. Didn’t want to raise my BP that much for meh food.

I rarely say anything to waitstaff about food quality but this was so disappointing (and spendy) I actually spoke up. She brought me less salty fries. = No salt. (No table salt either) Bland unsalted unseasoned charred fries. I was grossed out by the burger so just passed on any redo.

The manager came and we chatted. He didn’t charge us. ( i felt kind of bad then for speaking up. I wasn’t looking for a freebie just giving feedback but he insisted) My husband had a salad which he liked fine and the pasta thing which he ate because he was hungry but it wasn’t particularly good. We won’t be back I’m pretty sure. Ever.

There was a weird funky smell like somebody was smoking. I kept smelling it off and on throughout our lunch. Come to find out thats part of the wow factor of the salmon dish. It was close to cigar smoke smell. Kind of unpleasant to me.

The music in there was cool. The ambiance of the place was neat for about 10 minutes then it was just boring. Not enough to watch. Not much going on in space. Just overall disappointing. JMO. And we were very much looking forward to it for years and so excited to finally get a seating.

Just our experience. Maybe others enjoyed it more but :/ We had delicious food at homecomin and house of blues and a couple other places. Space was a bust.
With all the hype behind this restaurant, that is very disappointing to hear.
We were not able to get ADRs. Still looking, but if your experience is similar to others, maybe not a great loss.

I've got a reservation for November but I'm worried how long the dinner will take with the Prix Fixe menu. Can I use my reservation to sit at the lounge with my kids?
If the time to eat is an issue, I would cancel the ADR. I can't justify rushing through an expensive meal. YMMV.
As others have noted, an ADR is for the restaurant, not the lounge. Best case if you didn't cancel, is they would charge you a no show fee.

So if we have a 5 night stay onsite, how likely is it we can get reservations? Should I change it to a 6 night stay?

Thanks for the review! I am very sensitive to smells and the smoke smell would really bother me.

I had a reservation for tomorrow 9/29 and got a call that they are closed tomorrow! They offered to move my reservation to a different day!

Same! We rescheduled for Thursday over the phone, though I worry there won't be any record when we show up!

Last edited:
How does the lounge work? Do you have to go to the actual restaurant and get your name on a list? What’s that kind of wait time like?

Same! We rescheduled for Thursday over the phone, though I worry there won't be any record when we show up!

I have to say I was a bit frazzled when I arrived As I definitely wasn’t planning to dine there today and it was really a last minute change. I got off the phone with them at 3:45pm with no given time just that I would head there now as i had the pass holder preview for Remy at 6pm And didn’t want to be rushed after to make a reservation. I went to the podium told them the story and it was in their system! Was seated by 4:15! Great experience….. but a bit of a whirlwind with the change up!

I'll still at least go for Sci-Fi and if Space 220 magically shows up, then great! It was more about timing because I'd have to get up extra early on a work day (we're talking 4am. 🥲) and if Space 220 wasn't gonna be available, I'd sleep in until my normal time and book Sci-Fi at work. Lol I wasn't expecting Sci-Fi to be hard to get since I've never had an issue getting an ADR for it, but I also haven't been to WDW during the pandemic or during the week after Thanksgiving so I could be wayyyy off. I'll get up a little earlier and see how it goes. Thanks again! ☺
We have always had problems getting Sci Fi, but we always go at busy times, ie Thanksgiving, Summer, Spring Break. There really isn't that much seating because of the cars. Also, in July, they were only seating one party/car. There was 3 of us, and they put us in a car for 6. So a lot of wasted space.

I have to say I was a bit frazzled when I arrived As I definitely wasn’t planning to dine there today and it was really a last minute change. I got off the phone with them at 3:45pm with no given time just that I would head there now as i had the pass holder preview for Remy at 6pm And didn’t want to be rushed after to make a reservation. I went to the podium told them the story and it was in their system! Was seated by 4:15! Great experience….. but a bit of a whirlwind with the change up!

Were you on time for the preview?! Wondering how long the Prix Fixe is taking.

Last edited:
We had lunch on Friday. It is peaceful in the restaurant. The place settings and presentations are pretty. I'm glad I went but no worries if you don't get an ADR. There are better meals.

No Bread Service! Although my lasagna was good, it needed bread. So did my husband's chicken dish. My calamari app was too chewy to eat so I returned it for buffalo cauliflower. But no bread service for a prix fixe price? With lasagna?? Am I expecting too much?

And we almost didn't notice that 18% gratuity was added to the bill. The suggested gratuity was listed on the receipt....

I might try the lounge one day.

I’ve read several comments here that there would be “no substitutes” allowed & you had to take the entrees as is. I don’t know where that info came from, but just FYI: we ate dinner there Thursday. My DH ordered the fillet which came with a potato leek croquette as the starch. There are fried potato wedges listed on the optional sides menu. He asked if he could sub the fried wedges for the potato croquette. The server said “of course”. There was no issue at all, no checking with a manager, no need to fake an allergy, no extra charge. Just asked & was accommodated.

I also overheard a man at the table behind us ask to purchase the souvenir rocket cup that’s on the kids menu. Didn’t want the drink, just asked if he could buy the cup. That she had to check with manager for, saying usually they don’t sell it to adult, but she did bring him one. I didn’t hear details about the price etc. But I heard him thank her profusely so I know she was able to get him one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter