Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Thank you for the responses to my dining reservation questions!

I thought Fantasmic viewing was part of the Adventure, but now that I'm looking the itinerary over again, I guess not?

Thank you for the responses to my dining reservation questions!

I thought Fantasmic viewing was part of the Adventure, but now that I'm looking the itinerary over again, I guess not?
In the past it was, now they typically do the main castle fireworks instead, along with World of Color.

For those of you who’ve been on this ABD, what (more obscure) movies do you recommend watching before going? Ex. I’ve heard you can possibly see the soldiers from Babes in Toyland and the characters from the stop motion animation of the opening sequence from the original Parent Trap.

Last edited:
Wow!! Enjoy it to the fullest!!
Let us know all the details!!

How far in advance did you receive your travel goodies?

Regards!!
I think we received the box just about a month ago? Honestly, I am not sure because it has been a blur since then, lol.

For those of you who’ve been on this ABD, what (more obscure) movies do you recommend watching before going? Ex. I’ve heard you can possibly see the soldiers from Babes in Toyland and the characters from the stop motion animation of the opening sequence from the original Parent Trap.
The imagineering story on Disney plus is a great primer for what you'll see in the second half of the tour. Saving Mr. Banks also has quite a few scenes at the Studios, and I'd recommend Cars just for the Carsland backstory.

For your question about the first dinner, it was served in a ballroom at the top of the Lowe's hotel and was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. We met at the ABD desk at 5 or 5:30 (can't remember) and took the elevators up together. We then saw Thor: Love and Thunder at the El Capitan from about 9 to 11 pm, but this can vary depending on what's in theaters at the time. If you're exhausted from travelling, it's also not the end of the world to miss a movie.

The imagineering story on Disney plus is a great primer for what you'll see in the second half of the tour. Saving Mr. Banks also has quite a few scenes at the Studios, and I'd recommend Cars just for the Carsland backstory.

For your question about the first dinner, it was served in a ballroom at the top of the Lowe's hotel and was pretty good, but nothing to write home about. We met at the ABD desk at 5 or 5:30 (can't remember) and took the elevators up together. We then saw Thor: Love and Thunder at the El Capitan from about 9 to 11 pm, but this can vary depending on what's in theaters at the time. If you're exhausted from travelling, it's also not the end of the world to miss a movie.
I would also recommend Behind the attraction and Mickey: the story of a mouse both on Disney+.

In fact any behind the scenes documentary on Disney+.

HAVE FUN!!!
Can I ask how the first dinner was? Do you remember what time it started & ended? Was there anything else last night? (Should we plan on staying up late?)
Dinner meet-and-greet started at 6:30, with the actual meal at 7:30. Most of us lingered for awhile afterwards, and I think we "had" to be out of the room by 8:30 or maybe 9(?). The buffet dinner was in a conference room within the hotel.

Everything so far has been stellar, by the way. I am so excited for you all who will be on this trip in the coming weeks/months -- you are in for a fantastic experience!

How was the lunch at Tam O'Shanter? We are studying this trip, and DW is a huge prime rib fan. Our last 2 ABD trips we had special (read that very limited) menus at the restaurants that were not special buffets. Was the prime rib available for lunch?
If I remember correctly (it's been a few years since I last went on the ABD backstage tour), you need to choose your meal from 2-3 choices, you can't just order anything.
I don't remember the options specifically.

How was the lunch at Tam O'Shanter? We are studying this trip, and DW is a huge prime rib fan. Our last 2 ABD trips we had special (read that very limited) menus at the restaurants that were not special buffets. Was the prime rib available for lunch?
The smaller cut of prime rib was one of the options, along with a chicken dish and veggie dish. It was pretty good.

As others have said, the guides asked that we pre-order a meal from a choice of a few options. If I recall correctly, there were three options in addition to the prime rib: a pork dish, fish & chips, and a vegetarian option. You could also select from the children's menu, if none of those options appealed. I went with the prime rib which I thought was quite delicious. You also get a salad, bread and butter, veggies, etc. Nobody seemed to leave hungry...

I loved the Tam O'Shanter. My husband and I are talking about making a special trip back there on our next trip to CA (we have family in Orange County, CA and go out there about once a year). But honestly, the whole trip was just wonderful.

Last edited:
Are transfers included even if your family is arriving/departing at different airports or at substantially different times? And how early in the morning do transfers begin?

Are transfers included even if your family is arriving/departing at different airports or at substantially different times? And how early in the morning do transfers begin?
IIRC, on arrival your only choice is LAX unless you book some pre-nights at DL. On departure you can fly out of LAX or SNA. Transfers are scheduled according to your light times. Its an individual thing, not a group kind of shuttle.

IIRC, on arrival your only choice is LAX unless you book some pre-nights at DL. On departure you can fly out of LAX or SNA. Transfers are scheduled according to your light times. Its an individual thing, not a group kind of shuttle.
But what if you book one room and the parties are on different flights? That is double the transport cost for ABD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter