Southern California adventure

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
So I have I dilemma of booking too much things (very early) that look like they may be cancelled or I’m thinking we just won’t be able to go to... I have some a Tauck credit I want to use by 2022 and I also have an ABD Christmas Danube trip booked which I’m thinking we won’t be able to go to ( DS will be 7 and doesn’t look like vaccine is ready for kids). Anyway, I’m thinking of moving the Christmas Danube cruise to Southern California. My question is do they have any dates available during the summer? I can’t see any listed right now but was hoping I just don’t see it because of the shut down?

*Normally* (what a word) they have tons of departures of this trip during the summer months. You're currently not seeing any for Summer of 2021 because of the COVID-19 shutdown. If you are talking about scheduling it for Summer of 2022, then *hopefully*, if things are back to relatively normal, you should see summer dates when they open up the 2022 schedule (usually in May of the previous year).

Sayhello

There was conversation about this in another thread -

https://www.disboards.com/threads/cancellation-of-backstage-magic-tours-through-august.3826410/
Since Tuesday, when summert trips were still listed, looks like they have now been removed. Here in CA, based on current state guidelines & criteria required for reopening, all large theme parks are a long way from being able to open.
*Normally* (what a word) they have tons of departures of this trip during the summer months. You're currently not seeing any for Summer of 2021 because of the COVID-19 shutdown. If you are talking about scheduling it for Summer of 2022, then *hopefully*, if things are back to relatively normal, you should see summer dates when they open up the 2022 schedule (usually in May of the previous year).

Sayhello
Sorry yes! I was looking at summer 2022, to move my Dec 2021 river cruise to! We’re all locked down too here so totally understand nothing is really opening in the near future.

Was thinking of doing Red Rocks and Painted Canyons with Tauck and Southern California with ABD next summer (2022) if that were doable in terms of timing... does anyone have experience withred rocks and painted canyons with Tauck? I think there is an ABD equivalent, too or something similar...

Sorry yes! I was looking at summer 2022, to move my Dec 2021 river cruise to! We’re all locked down too here so totally understand nothing is really opening in the near future.

Was thinking of doing Red Rocks and Painted Canyons with Tauck and Southern California with ABD next summer (2022) if that were doable in terms of timing... does anyone have experience withred rocks and painted canyons with Tauck? I think there is an ABD equivalent, too or something similar...
I haven't looked at the Tauck trip, but I believe it's similar to ABD's Arizon & Utah trip, which is the first ABD I did, and still very high up on my list of favorites. It's a fabulous trip!

You'll have to wait until the 2022 schedule comes out (hopefully May of this year) to see if the times mesh for doing two trips one after another. That would be a very cool trip with either Tauck or ABD for the Southwest!

Sayhello

So I have I dilemma of booking too much things (very early) that look like they may be cancelled or I’m thinking we just won’t be able to go to... I have some a Tauck credit I want to use by 2022 and I also have an ABD Christmas Danube trip booked which I’m thinking we won’t be able to go to ( DS will be 7 and doesn’t look like vaccine is ready for kids). Anyway, I’m thinking of moving the Christmas Danube cruise to Southern California. My question is do they have any dates available during the summer? I can’t see any listed right now but was hoping I just don’t see it because of the shut down?

When were you planning on doing the Southern California trip? Was your goal to use the credit by the end of the 2022? If you are interested in doing the Southern California ABD trip in 2022, they should have more trips posted after April, but whether or not those trips actually happen in 2022 is unknown. I think by sometime in 2022 things should be back to normal more or less. Most people will get vacinated during 2021, so by 2022 most of the population should be vaccinated, and the later in the year you book the greater the chance things will be more normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter