Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

LOVED your final thoughts, firsts, pictures, wrap-up and best-ofs!!!

Thanks for reposting a lot of your fantastic pictures. There were some either I missed/forgot about or were never posted. I don't remember seeing the picture of the pictures in EPCOT or the random toe shot.

It has been a great pleasure joining you and Cynthia in your amazing adventure- next best thing to being there!

I wish you a safe and wonderful trip- STARTING :cool1: TOMORROW :woohoo: and I can not wait to read all about it!!!

Safe travels! Have an awesome time. :goodvibes

Thanks! I'm up bright and early this morning and we don't leave for awhile. But I've still got to clean house and do some misc errands.

Awww... I missed your send off...:sad2: I hope you have a fabulous time...:thumbsup2

In the mean time I'm going back, back, back to catch up...;)

No you didn't! We leave today. Our flight doesn't leave until 2pm, so plenty of time for a sendoff! :wave2:

Have a great trip, Mary Ellen! I cannot wait to hear about all your magical adventures. :goodvibes

Thanks Karin! I'm up bright and early to finish packing and I think I am going to post the first update on my new TR!!!!

Wow... great wrap up :thumbsup2

(I love being able to go back and see the new things and best of s of a trip...)

So glad you had time to go back to read. So glad you liked my wrap up. I enjoy doing that, even though its time consuming!

Denny's shirt is awesome ...:thumbsup2

I love that shirt. I just reminded him to pack it NOW! :thumbsup2

Seriously the chairs... really have names? I thought they were made up names... and there they are bold as brass on their backs... & I never noticed those creepy little feet before...:eek:

Yes - they have names - Todd and Paul are the names of the Imagineers that made the chairs. Pretty creative, right? Anyway - I am sure you are going to enjoy saying hello :wave2: to Todd & Paul next month. :rolleyes1

Also loving those photos of the sights along the East Coast... tug boat in the Delaware Bay... pretty darn cute...

I totally scored on the row to myself and you KNOW I had to take pictures. It really was run having a window seat - FINALLY!

Looking forward to hearing about the trip you are currently on...;) and Cynthia getting over to your Hawaiian adventure...popcorn::

The adventures are about to start! Yeah! And Cynthia's Hawaiian adventure is off to a great start. I guess she will be due for an update soon!

Joining in WAY late, but can't wait to catch up!!! :wave2:

:welcome: Tracy! It's never too late to joining. Hopefully our handy, dandy links will help you get caught up. And make sure to check out Cynthia's newest TR. Thanks for joining in!

Just popping in to say: have a very magical trip! :goodvibes

party: Tomorrow!!! party:

:rotfl2: I love you Jenny! You KNOW how to celebrate!!!!!!!

TODAY!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Happy travels!!!

Thanks MeMom and same to you - One week from today, right? :woohoo:

Safe travels Mary Ellen! Have a fabulous trip!!!

Thanks Pam! I hope we have a great time and no unexpected trips to the hospital this trip! :rotfl:

LOVED your final thoughts, firsts, pictures, wrap-up and best-ofs!!!

Thanks! And thanks so much for joining in and leaving so many great comments!

Thanks for reposting a lot of your fantastic pictures. There were some either I missed/forgot about or were never posted. I don't remember seeing the picture of the pictures in EPCOT or the random toe shot.

That's what I like about recaps. You always notice something new or see it in a new light. I think I posted all those pictures before, but honestly I can't swear to it. It was fun going back and looking at all my pics again!

It has been a great pleasure joining you and Cynthia in your amazing adventure- next best thing to being there!

Thanks! TR's really ARE the next best thing to being there. I think that's why I enjoy them SO much!

I wish you a safe and wonderful trip- STARTING :cool1: TOMORROW :woohoo: and I can not wait to read all about it!!!

TODAY!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Safe trip Mary Ellen!!

Thanks Rosie! Stay tuned for another TR!!!!! :thumbsup2

Hey Guys. I leave today. I have a bunch of stuff to do this morning so I'll be signing off the DIS now.

But first I wanted to post a link to my newest TR which had officially started.

I Told You Driving Was Bad For Your Health

I hope you will come on over and join me as I write about our adventures in HHI and this trip that we are about to embark on!

Also -

Here is a very special guest appearance from Practically Perfect Patricia who I met at Longwood Gardens this week.

We had a great time and we even remembered to take a picture to prove it.

Here's just a couple pictures from our adventure

Gorgeous pictures at Longeood! I love that place, but sadly haven't been there in a couple years.

Hi guys! :wave2:

I posted all my new TR that we have arrived at our top-secret off site location and really like it as an alternative to on-site. I hope we continue to like it because traveling in and out of the bubble is a bit - well, you know.

It rained here - A LOT - yesterday, but we did manage to see Illuminations last night. The airport was insanely busy because of all the flight delays. We were delayed about an hour just circling. That hasn't happened to me in forever.

Any way - having some morning joe, off for a run, and then MK. Hope everyone has a great day!

I'm glad you made it! Have a great time!
If you see a Cars obsessed blonde headed 2 year old boy running around, say hi. My nephew and his mom and dad are there this week too!

Positively loved your wrap-up. Gorgeous photos, as always and from some really unique perspectives. You are really talented! And thanks for the giggles from some of your quite hilarious firsts and faves. :rotfl:

I absolutely loved going to the world during F&W. I certainly understand the appeal. It's just a fabulous time to visit. It gives a whole new dimension to the Disney experience. I think I have found my new favorite time to visit and I seriously can't wait to go back this October.

Isn't it just the best? I think we overlap for a few days this year so hopefully we can squeeze in a meet. :)

MEK said:
F&W is also a great time for DIS meets. Let's see - I think we had 6 impromptu or planned DIS meets including (in random order) the group meet, Melissa and her DH, Tracy, Christine, Pat, and Sheree. Oh -and Tina. That's 7!!!
Loved our DIS meets. Especially the impromptu one when I just ran into you on the path and then we enjoyed some F&W and caught up with Cynthia. Never fails to crack me up that the DIS has made WDW like my neighborhood and it is totally normal to just run into people I know along the way. :goodvibes

MEK said:
I did neglect to mention that we used the TIW card for all our table service meals and that resulted in a nice savings.
Such a great value! :thumbsup2

MEK said:
What's cool is the more times I go to Disney the more I really feel like its my home away from home. I used to feel like I was a visitor, but now I feel like I really own a little piece of the magic. It's such a great feeling of freedom. I walk around with my head held high feeling that this is "my place", but I'm kind enough to share it with everyone else.
Well said. And thanks for sharing!! ;)

MEK said:
Lastly, I want to mention how grateful I feel to have gotten to spend a little time with Tracy on this trip. I knew there was a chance I might not see her again, but she looked so good and seemed so healthy that, at the time, it seemed improbable that she would do anything other than make a full recovery. Next time you're in Disney world don't forget that Tracy's spirit is there and, no doubt, its there in full force. RIP Tracy!

I totally agree. I am absolutely sure her spirit is there and I'm really looking forward to raising a glass (or two... or ten) in her honor. So grateful we had that last trip. She had a blast.

Thanks, ladies, for such a fun TR. I had a great time following along! :goodvibes

Really great TR wrap up MEK! I have really enjoyed this TR from Cynthia and you. It makes me that more excited for our first F&W this October and to meet Denny and you! :thumbsup2 Any thoughts yet on what we shall do in October? :woohoo:

Glad to see you made it safe to the "safe house" :lmao:
Have a blast and I'm hopping over to the new TR.

I got in on this TR toward the end and it was the first one I've ever read all the way through! You're a wonderful and engaging writer and I loved hearing about your trip. It definitely gives me the itch to take a girl's trip with my friends! :wizard:

Tina!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Do you know how many times I have asked you to come back on the boards. I know we are both so thrilled you stopped by, especially since you were the inspiration for this TR title!

I hope you doing great and enjoying your summer. I also hope you get back on the boards and soon!

You are the sweetest! I've missed it around here...I have to say! But goodness, the last few months have been crazy and I was very much out of Disney-mode and this can be a weird place to hang out when you're not planning a trip and I was sort of feeling a little sorry for myself...despite all the wonderful things that have happened for us in the last couple months, I was still feeling bad about not having a trip in the works! But, with some careful planning, it looks we could be headed back in July of 2014, a year earlier than I had previously anticipated.

But enough about me...I absolutely agree with you about October being a wonderful time to visit. The weather was just about perfect. And Food and Wine is just amazing! If I weren't a teacher, it would certainly be right up there with my favorite time of the year to go. I could see having another "wedding" to attend in October several years from now... :thumbsup2

I'm really bummed I missed out on this TR. It was wonderful that I got to meet up with you and Cynthia, no matter how randomly. And you really were much more interesting than Gaston. :rotfl2: While I did have a great trip with my extended family, I've often wondered what it would have been like to do that trip alone, as I had originally planned. There was so much more at Food and Wine I would have loved to have checked out and it would have been super cool to spend more time getting to know you and Cynthia.

I hope you're having a a great time there now and I promise to be around for your next TR. Your pictures are just too beautiful to stay away any more!

It's amazing to me how you can know someone from the DIS, having never met in person, and get choked up when their trip ends! Fortunately, you posted all those PR pics for Southwest and that made me crack up a little.

I love your list of favorites! What a great way to end a trip report. I'll definitely be signing on for your new one. Thank you for sharing your travels. I enjoyed them thoroughly!

Thank you so much for the wonderful disney writing--trip report seems too limited. I cannot tell you how much fun I had reading it and seeing the pictures. Going in Dec, but now I want to go in Oct too! (Ok, that is NOT good for the budget with two kids in college)

You are the sweetest! I've missed it around here...I have to say! But goodness, the last few months have been crazy and I was very much out of Disney-mode and this can be a weird place to hang out when you're not planning a trip and I was sort of feeling a little sorry for myself...despite all the wonderful things that have happened for us in the last couple months, I was still feeling bad about not having a trip in the works! But, with some careful planning, it looks we could be headed back in July of 2014, a year earlier than I had previously anticipated.

But enough about me...I absolutely agree with you about October being a wonderful time to visit. The weather was just about perfect. And Food and Wine is just amazing! If I weren't a teacher, it would certainly be right up there with my favorite time of the year to go. I could see having another "wedding" to attend in October several years from now... :thumbsup2

I'm really bummed I missed out on this TR. It was wonderful that I got to meet up with you and Cynthia, no matter how randomly. And you really were much more interesting than Gaston. :rotfl2: While I did have a great trip with my extended family, I've often wondered what it would have been like to do that trip alone, as I had originally planned. There was so much more at Food and Wine I would have loved to have checked out and it would have been super cool to spend more time getting to know you and Cynthia.

I hope you're having a a great time there now and I promise to be around for your next TR. Your pictures are just too beautiful to stay away any more!

Your ticker says New years...are you going to be there?????????????????

I know what you mean, it can be a very weird place when you aren't planning a trip, alternating between tiding you over and depressing as heck lol!

I loved meeting you now matter how brief it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!