Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

You're asking US??? I would think it would have been obvious to you!!! :rotfl:

I didn't feel a thing. No lie! :rotfl:

Maybe, but after that little character meet incident, I'm guessing you went for a new Mike Wazowski (with one good eye) plush toy to take home............ :rolleyes1

If only I could have found one!!!!!

What? No castle in the background??? :confused3

Sad, but obviously true!

Mike action AND Bo Action??? You're gonna get a reputation around here if you aren't careful.......... :rotfl2:

I tried not to let my DH see the evidence. :rolleyes1

Some really great pictures of your walk back, and around Boardwalk! Too bad the room wasn't ready yet.

Thanks! It was a gorgeous day. I would have loved for our room to be ready a couple hours earlier, but we made out just fine so no complaints!

Never tried Captain's Grille for anything other than dinner, but the two times I ate there were really great experiences, and the food was fantastic!!! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed your burger. Need to try breakfast and/or lunch there sometime.

:thumbsup2

I will definitely be going back to the Captain's Grille! It was a very enjoyable meal and a great way to get away from it all.

You got some great pictures of the marina area! I really need to spend a little time away from the parks and explore this area more!

If you never had, you really should check it out. It's a wonderful area and I love staying in the vicinity.

Definitely looks like a great pool to relax and unwind so you are ready for more park time! :woohoo:

It its definitely on the list of my top 3 quiet pools. Love it!

Stalker!! :lmao:

Who me??? :rotfl: Guilty as charged.

Not bad. What a crazy FP line for TSMM, and boy can those FPs go quickly sometimes! Love RnR and that is usually at the top of the list after hitting TSMM for me too!

RnR is always my number one ride. I like the adrenaline rush so its great to get that out of the way. Plus the line usually gets longer than ToT so it makes sense.

Looks like Goofy should have been holding his hat during the ride too!!! :rotfl:

I totally agree!

Finally, some quality T-shirt ideas..........NOW we're talking!!! :yay:

Commission - I tell you they out to be paying her commission! ;)

You both got some great pics of the Streetmosphere, and nice job on the TSMM scores!!!

Thanks....and....well.....my TSM was less than stellar. I want a rematch, but it won't be until 2014!

:eek: With all the pictures of women I see on the DIS hanging all over him, I have GOT to find out what special attraction that guy has going for him............. :scratchin

He's tall, thin, and never disagrees. He's got the the perfect vibe going on.

More great pictures of the walking trail back, and around the resorts, Boardwalk and lake! Like I said, I really like Captain's Grille, so great choice IMO!

We really enjoyed our walk. I'm not often there when I can really enjoy a walk mid day with perfect weather. Usually its just too blazing hot. Today - perfection. :thumbsup2

I absolutely love the Boardwalk area!! :cloud9: I'm glad you had a nice lunch at Captain's Grille - it really is a hidden gem! I've only been there once but will definitely be back!

I need to know what that app is..... :rolleyes: With TIw going up I may need to start working the DVC, AP and VISA discounts more.

I am very disappointed that the price is being raised to $100. I really think that's a little steep. But I am going to purchase one this summer because I will use it for three trips again, so I guess it's worth it.

YES Chelsea started it..... :rolleyes:

Oh that Chelsea!

Spreadsheet alert!!!! :eek:

Shocking? NOT!!!!!!!

Okay lets see....

He is reliable - I always know where to find him ... except for one summer trip.
He is quiet, and does not complain about having to hang around while I ride or shop.
He is ready with a refreshment- sio I know he cares.

He always greets me with a great smile.

I will say he is not perfect but he is a welcome sight when I enter DHS.;)

I think you summed it up just perfectly. Right on Sister!

Thank you both for all the wonderful pictures of the walk from DHS to the Boardwalk Inn! I can't wait to try out this path in a few months, and it helps to know what I'm supposed to be looking for! :lmao:

I know the first time I walked that path I really wasn't sure what it looked like, how long it was, or where to find it. So I am glad that the pictures helped!

Cynthia, thank you for all the great pictures of the t-shirts! I've seen quite a few that are pretty fun, and quite a few more that are pretty hysterical! I hope you have more of them? :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure she went back to MK and bought some for her boys so I suspect more pictures are in the works.

Thanks for two great updates!

You're welcome!

And...
-he is agreeable - never says no to any crazy idea one might have.
-he lets you put hats, scarves, leis, or whatever on him, and he wears them proudly while you take a picture.
-he's cheap to keep fed, and what other guy can you say that about???
-he is always careful to keep those white clothes white.

:rotfl2: He is all that and so much more! :rotfl2:

Anyone else want to sing Bo's praises? If I had time, I'd dig up some of my old Bo pictures, but I have to get this house in order and finish packing for a trip to Bo's world tomorrow. :thumbsup2

I would love to see some old Bo pictures, but packing definitely comes first. Sorry I missed your send-off. Right now I hope you are having an absolutely awesome first night in the world and don't forget to say "hi" to Bo for me!

You mean like this?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

535478_10152588469820486_611279683_n.jpg

or...this?!:rotfl2:

38878_10150245268350486_2720146_n.jpg

I had love for Bo even before I found the DIS!

Ashley - these pictures are awesome!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for posting them!!!!!

Selective editing makes things more fun! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

It can! I can always count on you (and Glen) for keeping it real with the editing.

It takes a lot of time!

With a great view of the Creepy Clown??

Hmmmmmm........I guess you'll have to wait to find out!

You know you want to see him.

You know - there is something I realized this trip and that is that the clown is not nearly as creepy when you are actually sitting on the pool deck.

:cool1: :woohoo: You finally learned your lesson!

I knew you would be proud! :rotfl2:

(because there was actual meat in it)

:rotfl2: Yeah - I have to admit that changing the main ingredient to meat really did help.

NOW you tell me!:rotfl:

There is always that opportunity for a vow renewal. Just sayin'

aagh ALL OF MY MULTI QUOTES ARE GONE! :sad: I just caught up on like 20 pages and had some great photos to comment on. darn!!!

Now I'm going to have to come back & find the key pictures.

I was having trouble with quotes a couple weeks ago. I couldn't copy anything. If you are still having a problem trying resetting the cache or clearing the cookies - clear the history off your browser and see if it works.

I don't remember a crystal store in MK and it looks like you both visited there separately. Like Cynthia, its probably a store I avoid when with Katie because I hate the idea of having to buy broken crystal.:scratchin

As expensive as it is, broken crystal would NOT be good. Better to avoid.

First, I love the Poly pics. Is that a zero entry pool? I didn't look that closely when we visited there last month. It does look like a fun slide - I could totally see going down that puppy with Katie. :thumbsup2

Yes - its zero entry. I did not go down the slide so I can not attest to its fun factor.

Mary Ellen I love your WLR photos. I truly think this is the prettiest resort. I just love the feel of it. I am relieved that JOe (in true fuzzy disney logic) feels that even though he's still "mad" at the WLR, he'd stay at VWL because you know, that's DVC, not the regular resort :rolleyes:. hey, whatever works because it really is one of my favorite resorts.

It really is a special resort and I am also relieved that Joe that will consider staying at VWL. Now that you belong to DVC you definitely have to try all the resorts. Its a right of passage!

You and Cynthia really really lucked out walking into MK for MSEP - Your photos turned out awesome!

IMG_0921_zpsa99a25f5.jpg

Tell me, are those really people at the back of this float, all done up in lights? I zoomed in a few times but can't be sure. its very cool looking!!

We really did luck out several times during this trip. I'm thrilled that we got a great parade spot.

As far as the back of the float - I don't think they are real people. Maybe just statues. I guess I better look again.

and Yeah, this is the best part of the prade:
IMG_0935_zps5381fe4c.jpg

It's totally the BEST part of the parade!

If there were a prize for most DisMeets in one trip, you two would have won!!
IMG_0957_zps71dccd62.jpg

:lmao: Too bad no one gives out that prize. We did have a lot of luck with the DIS meets. That was a big fun factor in our trip. I mean, after all, Cynthia and I are a DIS meet!

Great photo! Love the dressy look!
Photo0837FiveBySeven.jpg

Thanks!

Very funny that you dozed of ME during CoP --- I personally always entertain the family by singing along and occasionally forcing them to sway along with me to the music :upsidedow Its probably good that we are not normally in there with a crowd of people to annoy.

Sway to the music??? Good for you. I want to see CoP with you. It sounds like fun!

what a good start to your DHS - RnR right away but holy cow that wait line for FP's for TSM is ridiculous!:faint:
IMG_1190.jpg

I hope the poor girl in line at ToT was okay.

I do too! Hopefully she just fainted and after some rest and some food she was as good as new.

I just love the setting in the lobby
IMG_1001_zps9a77601d.jpg

I don't think I've noticed the display cases because I always seem to be looking at all the little details.

I think that room is really cool. Heck - I love the entire queue. It's awesome.

Do you think they actually clean the furniture in this room &then reapply the cobwebs, or just let nature take its course?

I don't know - that's actually a really good question because I'm sure they have to do something to maintain the look.

Love that you got all the Twilight Zone shots -- that's the part that scared Katie. We are hoping she will get over the scariness of the pictures because she LOVES the bouncy part of the elevator falling.

If you like creepy elevator stories, take a ghost tour at Gettysburg -- there's a really good elevator ghost story in town in a building that used to be a hospital during the civil war.

Your leisure time at BW waiting for your room seems well spent. That burger looks delicious, how nice that there was no wait at all!

Can you use TIW discount at CS places, or only TS? just wondering. It definitely makes for a nicer meal when you get waited on, and if the price was almost the same, bonus!

Cynthia, did you actually buy any of those great tees? I loved the sparkly one from ToT (at least it looked sparkly in the photo. )
IMG_1213.jpg

great updates ladies! Can't wait to see your room!

:lmao:

I don't think I would've said THAT!!!

Talk about your opportunities for selective editing............. :rolleyes1

He IS the master! No doubt about it! :rotfl2:

Lovely morning in DHS! You seem like you got quite a bit accomplished before heading over to the new resort. Both of your photos with the Coca Cola man are adorable! :p

We did have a great morning. It was great to get a early start and get all the big rides under our belt.

Glad you like our Bo pics!

As always, Mary Ellen, loved your photo walk through of the Epcot resorts! Looks so beautiful there.

Thanks! It really is an awesome resort area. I love all the Epcot resorts. YC is especially fun to take pictures of.

I absolutely love the Boardwalk area!! :cloud9: I'm glad you had a nice lunch at Captain's Grille - it really is a hidden gem! I've only been there once but will definitely be back!

I know you are a big boardwalk fan. Seriously - what's not to like. It's an awesome place.

I agree that the Captain's Grille is a hidden gem. It will definitely be a new "go-to" place for me.

I have been reading along just no time to post on all my threads !!!

I am glad you are still hanging with us Rosie! :thumbsup2 I know all about the limited time! I'm right there with you.

In Disney my favourite policy is See, Want, have (Sulley would have come home with me lol)

Luvin all the Boardwalk pics. I haven't made it to Boardwalk yet.. next time.

I also need a man to marry me in Disney World :)

I'm happy to see the stupid stage is gone from the front of the Hat in HS

I need the meet the monsters inc characters! The wazowski character looks so short but i think its an illusion from that hat! Your knees look to be in the same spot as his :) Funny!

That outfit you are wearing with that white tank is super cute and looks comfy!

Thank you both for all the wonderful pictures of the walk from DHS to the Boardwalk Inn! I can't wait to try out this path in a few months, and it helps to know what I'm supposed to be looking for! :lmao:

You can't miss it, promise! You can however get turned around if you try to cut through and don't have your bearings...but that's within the BW itself

Cynthia, thank you for all the great pictures of the t-shirts! I've seen quite a few that are pretty fun, and quite a few more that are pretty hysterical! I hope you have more of them? :goodvibes

Thanks for two great updates!

Not even close to done. You will all be quite sick of T shirts by the end.

And...
-he lets you put hats, scarves, leis, or whatever on him, and he wears them proudly while you take a picture.

Anyone else want to sing Bo's praises? If I had time, I'd dig up some of my old Bo pictures, but I have to get this house in order and finish packing for a trip to Bo's world tomorrow. :thumbsup2

He doesn't talk back, snore, or forget to to unload the dishwasher :rotfl:

:eek::faint: Never seen one that long!

I hadn't either, thank heavens it moved quickly

We know better than that!
I'm really not sure anyone would want to meet up with either of us before coffee

The back row seems to be where the Rebel spies are located as well. :scratchin

I'll remember that and stash the E's there

Now we're getting to my kinda shirts. :rotfl2:

Yes, you'd fit right in with the target audience

One of these days I'll figure out the proper wrist action on that infernal thing.

Or end up in a sling

Creepy clown! Creepy clown!

He is surprisingly un creepy when close up.

aagh ALL OF MY MULTI QUOTES ARE GONE! :sad: I just caught up on like 20 pages and had some great photos to comment on. darn!!!

Now I'm going to have to come back & find the key pictures.

I don't remember a crystal store in MK and it looks like you both visited there separately. Like Cynthia, its probably a store I avoid when with Katie because I hate the idea of having to buy broken crystal.:scratchin

First, I love the Poly pics. Is that a zero entry pool? I didn't look that closely when we visited there last month. It does look like a fun slide - I could totally see going down that puppy with Katie.

The E's would love that slide too, maybe we can hop at the end of our trip, hopping is blocked out for most of it...:sad:

Mary Ellen I love your WLR photos. I truly think this is the prettiest resort. I just love the feel of it. I am relieved that JOe (in true fuzzy disney logic) feels that even though he's still "mad" at the WLR, he'd stay at VWL because you know, that's DVC, not the regular resort :rolleyes:. hey, whatever works because it really is one of my favorite resorts.

You and Cynthia really really lucked out walking into MK for MSEP - Your photos turned out awesome!

Joe cracks me up, why is he "mad" at the WL?

If there were a prize for most DisMeets in one trip, you two would have won!!
IMG_0957_zps71dccd62.jpg

Great photo! Love the dressy look!
Photo0837FiveBySeven.jpg

We really had a ton of wonderful meets. It was really fun to dress for dinner most nights. Very girly :thumbsup2

what a good start to your DHS - RnR right away but holy cow that wait line for FP's for TSM is ridiculous!:faint:
IMG_1190.jpg

Do you think they actually clean the furniture in this room &then reapply the cobwebs, or just let nature take its course?

Love that you got all the Twilight Zone shots -- that's the part that scared Katie. We are hoping she will get over the scariness of the pictures because she LOVES the bouncy part of the elevator falling.

Good point on the cobwebs, I wonder! That line was nuts.

Can you use TIW discount at CS places, or only TS? just wondering. It definitely makes for a nicer meal when you get waited on, and if the price was almost the same, bonus!

Only a couple of CS, it's almost 100% TS only.

Cynthia, did you actually buy any of those great tees? I loved the sparkly one from ToT (at least it looked sparkly in the photo. )
IMG_1213.jpg

Not sparkly, that would have been cooler, lots of white dots basically. I did buy the boys a Tee, as did Santa and a couple for myself. Whether any of what I ended up with has been seen yet in the trip...remains to be seen

:lmao:

I don't think I would've said THAT!!!

Talk about your opportunities for selective editing............. :rolleyes1

:lmao: priceless

Lovely morning in DHS! You seem like you got quite a bit accomplished before heading over to the new resort. Both of your photos with the Coca Cola man are adorable! :p

As always, Mary Ellen, loved your photo walk through of the Epcot resorts! Looks so beautiful there.

Gotta love Bo!

I'd go back to CG, someday I would like to try it for breakfast. Maybe we will do that instead of Kouzzina on arrival day after the red eye in Dec.

I have been reading along just no time to post on all my threads !!!

I feel your pain Rosie!

In Disney my favourite policy is See, Want, have (Sulley would have come home with me lol)

LOVE your Policy! I'm glad the stage is gone too.

I am so far behind but will catch up this week.

Me too

I need the meet the monsters inc characters! The wazowski character looks so short but i think its an illusion from that hat! Your knees look to be in the same spot as his :) Funny!

I'm glad we found them, I'd never done a photo with them before.

Okay lets see....

He is reliable - I always know where to find him ... except for one summer trip.
He is quiet, and does not complain about having to hang around while I ride or shop.
He is ready with a refreshment- so I know he cares.

He always greets me with a great smile.

I will say he is not perfect but he is a welcome sight when I enter DHS.;)
I think you summed it up just perfectly. Right on Sister!
Did you consider you always know where to find him because all he does all day is hang out on the street and never works? And has he actually ever given you that refreshment, or does he always keep it for his own enjoyment?

Just askin'................ :rolleyes2

And...
:rotfl2: He is all that and so much more! :rotfl2:
What about stiff, unwilling to change, and really if you look at him overall, he's quite shallow! :scratchin

And none of you ladies seem to consider that Bo is a playah! He stares and smiles at every woman that walks by, and he will let any woman that comes along hug and kiss and hang all over him.

Of course I know some women fall for that sort of thing.......... :rolleyes1

He doesn't talk back, snore, or forget to to unload the dishwasher :rotfl:
Okay, okay........but has he ever actually UNLOADED the dishwasher? Or loaded it??? :confused3

Okay, I'm back catching up! You guys had a great morning at DHS! Lots of cool pictures too, as usual.
I'm so excited to see your BW pictures of your room - we were "this close" to calling on a resale contract there the other day. I've yet to stay there though, probably should try it once! Both of your resorts this trip are on my list for next trip!

I have been :rotfl2:with the exchange about Bo and Mike. I needed a good laugh today! Maybe now I can go get some work done.

Always nice to see my girls' smiling faces on someone else's TR.

Think I might do one with an abridged October TR and then roll it into one for HHI. Not sure if I want to do October or not. I better get my a$$ in gear if I'm going to!

Great T-shirts and resort specific merch! That makes me very happy!:goodvibes

That's a great policy to have, except that I am certain it would put me over my weight limit. But this summer when we are driving - well, then all bets are off. :rotfl:

You must - it's a great area. I do think its more fun to stay there then just visit, but if you like it then you put the Epcot resorts on your bucket list for a future stay.

Hmmmm ........I hope you can arrange that! A Disney wedding sounds like so much fun!

Me too!

I am so far behind but will catch up this week.

Welcome Back! HOpe you had a great visit to the world. The way you crank out the Trip Reports its a wonder you ever have time to catch up!!!!!

:rotfl2: I was thinking the same thing. Like - is there a midget in that costume? I am a tad curious as to whose actually in there.

Thanks! I bought that shirt on clearance right before we left so I wasn't sure whether I really liked it or not. But I do like the way it looks in pictures, so thanks!

Did you consider you always know where to find him because all he does all day is hang out on the street and never works? And has he actually ever given you that refreshment, or does he always keep it for his own enjoyment?

Just askin'................ :rolleyes2

I know he would share....if only....he could!

What about stiff, unwilling to change, and really if you look at him overall, he's quite shallow! :scratchin

Shallow! :lmao: Yup - I'll have to agree with that!

And none of you ladies seem to consider that Bo is a playah! He stares and smiles at every woman that walks by, and he will let any woman that comes along hug and kiss and hang all over him.

He is clearly a playah, but I have decided to overlook that small fault. :rolleyes:

Of course I know some women fall for that sort of thing.......... :rolleyes1

That would be me! :rotfl:

Okay, okay........but has he ever actually UNLOADED the dishwasher? Or loaded it??? :confused3

Somehow, I doubt it!

Okay, I'm back catching up! You guys had a great morning at DHS! Lots of cool pictures too, as usual.
I'm so excited to see your BW pictures of your room - we were "this close" to calling on a resale contract there the other day. I've yet to stay there though, probably should try it once! Both of your resorts this trip are on my list for next trip!

Welcome Back!!!!! Hope you had a wonderful time. I know you loved Charleston, but I'm dying to know what you thought about HHI.

I toyed with an add-on at BWI before I ever stayed there and I regret that I didn't follow up on it more activity before I purchased VWL. It's an awesome resort. You MUST stay there. I have a feeling you will love it.

I have been :rotfl2:with the exchange about Bo and Mike. I needed a good laugh today! Maybe now I can go get some work done.

We always aim to please with our antics over here.

Always nice to see my girls' smiling faces on someone else's TR.

Your girls are adorable and I always enjoy seeing them as well!

Think I might do one with an abridged October TR and then roll it into one for HHI. Not sure if I want to do October or not. I better get my a$$ in gear if I'm going to!

You definitely should. I really want to read about both of your trips, but specifically the HHI trip!

Great T-shirts and resort specific merch! That makes me very happy!:goodvibes

Shopping makes us all very happy. Even window shopping is fun at Disney.

Yay! I'm officially all caught up:cool1:

I noticed that you're going to HHI. My DH really wants to go there next Summer (since there was no availability this Summer) but what is there to do for a non-golfer (aka me)?

I love all the artistic shots you got of Gaston's fountain. Very nice!

:rotfl2: Yes, Mike is definitely trying to cop a feel it looks like!

Ooh I can't wait to see what your view is like! :cool1:

Yay! I'm officially all caught up:cool1:

:thumbsup2 Thanks for reading!!!!!!

I noticed that you're going to HHI. My DH really wants to go there next Summer (since there was no availability this Summer) but what is there to do for a non-golfer (aka me)?

HHI is amazing. I am used to the midatlantic beaches and the beaches in Florida. HHI is home to the most amazing Spanish Moss on all the trees. The beach itself is very, very hard packed and you can easily ride bikes on it. The island has a very, very upscale feel because of very strict regulations on building and signage. The landscaping is impeccable.

HHI has the greatest tide fluctuations along the entire east coast except for the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.

HHI is 45 minutes from Savannah - which is an absolutely amazing city. Even more beautiful is Charleston - which is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. Definitely both cities are day trip worthy. There is a lot of history in both cities. Wonderful carriage rides and historic house tours.

The resort itself has plenty of activities including a marsh walks, bird walk, and kayaking - which is super easy and fun. The beach house is about 1.5 miles away. There are activities scheduled all day long every day of the week.

There a ton of great places to eat.

Should I go on?

Another DISer said to me before I went "Disney's HHI is a special place" and that about sums it up. I have a lot of pictures from my last trip there in the TR below called "Why Not Queue Up Another Disney Trip?"

I love all the artistic shots you got of Gaston's fountain. Very nice!

Thank you.

:rotfl2: Yes, Mike is definitely trying to cop a feel it looks like!

That Mike! :rotfl2:

Ooh I can't wait to see what your view is like! :cool1:

Coming very soon.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for reading!!!!!!

HHI is amazing. I am used to the midatlantic beaches and the beaches in Florida. HHI is home to the most amazing Spanish Moss on all the trees. The beach itself is very, very hard packed and you can easily ride bikes on it. The island has a very, very upscale feel because of very strict regulations on building and signage. The landscaping is impeccable.

HHI has the greatest tide fluctuations along the entire east coast except for the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.

HHI is 45 minutes from Savannah - which is an absolutely amazing city. Even more beautiful is Charleston - which is about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away. Definitely both cities are day trip worthy. There is a lot of history in both cities. Wonderful carriage rides and historic house tours.

The resort itself has plenty of activities including a marsh walks, bird walk, and kayaking - which is super easy and fun. The beach house is about 1.5 miles away. There are activities scheduled all day long every day of the week.

There a ton of great places to eat.

Should I go on?

Another DISer said to me before I went "Disney's HHI is a special place" and that about sums it up. I have a lot of pictures from my last trip there in the TR below called "Why Not Queue Up Another Disney Trip?"

Thank you.

That Mike! :rotfl2:

Coming very soon.

Wow! Thanks so much for your review of HHI! I'll definitely be checking out that TR then, since I haven't seen any TR's for HHI. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Wow! Thanks so much for your review of HHI! I'll definitely be checking out that TR then, since I haven't seen any TR's for HHI. Thanks! :thumbsup2

You're welcome. There are a few HHI TRs but you have to search for them. I am sure I will write about this year's trip to HHI as well. I will probably combine it with my June TR.

So - I just have to say that it's two weeks until HHI! Very excited. I am hoping that Nick will have his college choice firmed up by then.

We visited WVU on Monday and he really liked it. He is going back to the engineering open house at Rowan University (South Jersey) today where he was offered a complete academic scholarship and then we attend University of Delaware decision days right before we leave for HHI.

Unfortunately, I think he is going to decide against Virginia Tech because of the expense compared to these other choices. WVU, UDEL, and Rowan would make it possible for him to attend without any loans. Nick is practical. Almost too practical sometimes. There are a couple WVU programs that he is interested in that are part of the academic common market. This would make him eligible for instate WV tuition plus scholarships.

One of the things I like about WVU is its a university that really gives back to the community. WV is probably one of the most impoverished states in the country. Even though its only 4.5 hours from the East Coast, there is an entirely different vibe there. I think it might be good for Nicholas to get involved in projects for underserved kids and there are plenty of opportunities like that. Some involve reduced tuition and stipends.

Nick also applied to Georgia Tech back in October. This was his reach school and he ended up wait listed there. Honestly - I feel like that is so much better than getting DENIED! I am very proud of him.

So, I digress, but this college choice stuff is really pre-occupying me right now.

A Room With a View

I know you are going to find this hard to believe, but I barely have any pictures left for this update. Yup, that's right - I actually didn't use my camera for the rest of the day. Well, I used it for a couple room shots, but then I gave it a rest.

Is that possible?

Apparently so.

But don't worry - I definitely have pictures of our room view. We exited the elevator on the 4th floor and walked in the same direction as during my stay in June (remember - standard view, ground level). The anticipation was building as we approached the room - Apparently enough so that I did not take a picture of our room number. I was just so excited to have a high floor and it was obvious it was going to be a pool view.

Upon arrival to our room I took the necessary bed picture

IMG_1150_zpsf4b6801a.jpg

Cynthia and I took turns on who would sleep in the beds during this stay. She got the bed for VWL and it was now my turn to get the bed since I was staying one night longer than her. Woo hoo for an extra bonus day!

Necessary Vanity Picture

IMG_1151_zps32cd1ef4.jpg

and kitchen picture

IMG_1157_zps6da4a840.jpg

Picture on the wall

IMG_1152_zpsab9c93b8.jpg

Another bed picture

IMG_1158_zpseb5e5b15.jpg

And now...drum roll please...what you've been waiting for...the first of many view pictures.

View straight ahead

IMG_1159_zps605a3622.jpg

IMG_1156_zps6e9c2595.jpg

View to the left

IMG_1154_zpsd5e0cdb3.jpg

IMG_1169_zps42b572a8.jpg

When we walked out on the "verandah" and saw this, well&&you can just imagine the response. Better than a Boardwalk view, IMHO! I was in love, for sure. And I know Cynthia was too!

View to the right

IMG_1155_zps24d2b599.jpg

Tired of the view yet. How could you be?

IMG_4430_zps3a143a23.jpg

IMG_4431_zpsc1576674.jpg

IMG_1160_zps931100ab.jpg

I took this picture later in the evening before dinner because I see the lights coming on

IMG_1162_zps7b2bfe78.jpg

So, honestly, in all the views I have ever end (with the exception of my spectacular view in Vero Beach) this was hands-down the best ever. I could have lived on that balcony. Ok, so I am exaggerating, but you get the idea.

Hi Swan. You are so close.

IMG_1166_zps8ed4d059.jpg

Hi Dolphin

IMG_1167_zps4bfcdf90.jpg

Hi Clown Pool

IMG_1168_zps44ac1642.jpg

Oh - and just in case you were wondering - We did get a towel animal

IMG_1170_zps781294fb.jpg

Once we were unpacked and showered it was time to get ready for dinner. Checking myself out in the mirror. So serious.

IMG_4433_zps5e3b5ba3.jpg

IMG_4434_zps511258b4.jpg

IMG_4435_zpscc4dbef1.jpg

I wasn't sure which pic I liked better, so I posted all of them. See what happens when you are short on pictures for an update - you get to see me three times. Yikes!

Continued In Next Post........

Continued From Previous Post......

Dinner tonight was extremely convenient. We needed only to walk outside and head straight to the Flying Fish. Once our wait list for BWV came through we switched our ADRs so that we ate at Citricos while still lodging at VWL and FF once we arrived at BWV. Always thinking! Yes, we are!

I decided that a wine flight was in order

IMG_4438_zpsedce5b97.jpg

Here's what I drank

IMG_4439_zps53bc3028.jpg

I think Cynthia, my personal sommelier, picked my flight and she was right on the money!

The first time I ate at FF I wasn't a big fan of the interior, but from a slightly different seating angle I developed a different opinion. I found our table to have a cozy feel to it and I felt right at home. I loved the restaurant. Funny how a table location can change your opinion of a restaurant's interior.

Our view of the rest of the restaurant

IMG_4441_zpsbd85f468.jpg

Now - On to the Food!

Appetizer

Fresh Mozzarella di Bufala - Florida Yellow Beefsteak, Ugli-ripe and tiny grape Tomatoes, aged Balsamico, Exotic Peppercorns, Petite Basil, and Sicilian Olio Verde $15.00

IMG_4442_zps3581103e.jpg

Very tasty!

Entree

Ginger and Teriyaki Char-Crusted Yellowfin Tuna - bok choy, Asian mushrooms, carrots, snap and snow peas, with a lightly curried carrot-coconut lemongrass infusion $38.00

IMG_4444_zpsab4efea3.jpg

If I am not mistaken, and you know I definitely could be, I think Cynthia and I ordered the same thing.

I really enjoyed my meal here. There is my second visit to the FF and the food has been very, very good both times. FF - I will be back. One of my favorite signature restaurants - for sure.

We passed on dessert - or at least I did since we were heading into Epcot to watch Illuminations. Time wise, we had ample time to grab dessert there.

Now, here's where I might give you a little TMI. On the way into Epcot I started to feel my stomach "rumble", shall we say. I do have a touch of IBS that is really well managed with probiotics, but the occasional change in diet can sometimes cause a bit of havoc. So when we hit the IG entrance (Christine's private entrance) I told Cynthia to head on in without me. I ducked into the restroom.

And...well...nothing.....Just stomach cramps.

OK, maybe I am OK, I thought.

So I went into Epcot and decided to head over to the champagne booth. I don't really recall what type of champagne I had except that it was the most expensive one on the menu. Big spender that I am!

After I got out of line, which seemed to take forever (who knew it was so hard to pour glasses of champagne) I met up with Cynthia and we started to walk back towards England to find a spot for Illuminations.

Just as I had finished my champagne and as Illuminations was about to begin, that all-too-familiar stomach "rumble" came back again with a vengeance and I suddenly found myself hustling to the restroom right at the beginning of Illuminations. Talk about terrific timing.

Oh well, I consoled myself by the memory that I had since Illuminations not once, not twice, but three times in June.

Fortunately, I did catch the end of the show. But all I have to prove it are crappy cell phone pictures. And when I say crappy - I mean it.

See for yourself

IMG_4451_zpse40b2128.jpg

IMG_4462_zpsdf8f34dd.jpg

IMG_4465_zpsced606ab.jpg

Actually -This next one isn't half bad for a cell phone pic

8248ae1f-c41a-4124-93d7-4271fc07775f_zps308230f6.jpg

To make up for my lackluster photos here are some real pictures from June (in reverse order thanks to Photobucket)

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

The craziest thing about Illuminations is there were tons of drunk people around. It reminded me of the crowds that hang out in Dewey Beach in the middle of summer. Everyone was having a great time. Clearly no one was feeling any pain - at least not until tomorrow.

See what I mean - Group shot

IMG_4455_zpsd0becb24.jpg

AT the conclusion of Illuminations we walked home. And I am here to tell you that there is NOTHING better than walking out of Christine's private entrance and heading back to the Boardwalk.

It was a great day and now it was time to hit the hay and get up and do it all over again tomorrow.

Up Next - 3 parks in one day!

What a view !!! Fabulous !!!Sorry about the IBS kicking up !!!Timing is always the worest with it !!! Loved the room pix too !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter