Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

Great job on the PP borders, Cynthia- the one where Mary Ellen has Minnie legs and feet is so cute.

Love, love, love the pictures of the Yacht Club. The ones of the marina and lighthouse are my favorites. Great perspective. But you also got some great shots of the exterior of the resort.

I am so glad you went to Captain's Grille, and enjoyed it!!!

That is one of the few restaurants we will be dining at in July.

A couple of things-

For those not on DDP and without TiW, there is a 10% discount on meals if you use your Disney Visa

Many places also offer an AP discount, or DVC. At least ne of my apps shows which are offered at each location and it's incredibly helpful!

Did you happen to see the paintings on the wall where a ship sails from one painting to the next? Dawnbu40 is the one who alerted me to those after her trip. Can't wait to check that out myself!

No but I'll need to look for it! I absolutely adore the YC and really wish they had villas.

I've looked at the Mickey strainer, but it is too cute to cover up with icky stuff, and it is also too expensive. I'd be curious to know how well they sell. I have several Disney kitchen items, but they are more seen and/or practical.

I agree, I couldn't bear to see Mickey all slimey!

You guys got a good start to the day! I've never joined the initial TSM fp rush, what a line!
RnR is my favourite ride too! (Well, depending on the day... :rolleyes1)
Love all the t-shirt pics, makes me want some more!

I had fun with it and so did the boys. Jeff got tired of the texts.

LOL!

that line was nuts

Great additions, Cynthia. You got some great pics of the performers at the Studios.

And I love the various t-shirts you kept taking pictures of for the E's. I hope at the end you let us know which ones you ended up purchasing.

I will! We've got a few more shirts to go first :lmao:

I love that sink stopper and think I'm going to get it on the next trip and tell the men in this house to take it out and use the old one when doing dishes, etc

Good idea!

I love the photos of the walk from the Studios to the BW; we only took the boat when we were there in December after meeting Nicki and Todd at the Dolphin; we'll have to try the walk since we are staying at the BWV in December.

it is such a lovely walk

Cynthia what a shame no one had any T shirts !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: Seriously Great Update !!!

definitely a shame!

If anyone deserves the "Amazing Feats of Juggling" t-shirt, it's you!

GET IT!!!

:lmao: not anymore than anyone else but it is darn cute and I still really want it.

The picture of the strollers and your caption are hilarious! Wow! I'm so glad I'm past having to go to those shows.

It was a great day at HS- I especially appreciate the timing info for TSM and the FP return window.

Oh my gosh, those strollers. YIKES! Made me glad my kids are older

I also enjoyed seeing the merchandise inside of Fittings & Fairings. I haven't been in there. Didn't even know about the gift shop there at the YC until I started working on the FAQ thread. :confused3

It is a GREAT gift shop and much as I hate to say it to you, I think better than the Marketplace.

Thanks for sharing the Margarita menus. What a great poolside "Welcome Home" drink.

Can't wait to see what your home looks like, and looks onto.

It was a good welcome home drink, who knew then it would actually become a "real" home for me!

I've never stepped into the yacht club but it looks beautiful!! I love seeing the different set ups they do for weddings at Disney I think I need to renew my vows there!!!

The YC is so pretty and I love that Marina setting for functions

I saw you kissing Pat's boyfriend there in Hollywood studios Cynthia !! :rotfl:

:lmao: I thought it was Chelsea's boyfriend, it was actually Mary Ellen's idea of me to kiss Bo and post it on Jackie's wall on FB.

Thanks for the margarita menus! We're on the countdown and I'll be day dreaming about which oneS to choose!

The Classic was delish!

So - not exactly sure when I will get to replies. Maybe I should take my computer with me tomorrow.

Great update Cynthia. Love it!

Relax, no rush!

All caught up! All caught up, again! :rolleyes1 (the question is, for how long. :rotfl2:)

Love all the updates, ladies! So many awesome and fun photos to look at.

DHS sounds like a lot of fun. And I love all the pics of the T-shirts. We love to walk back to BW too! Such a relaxing walk (if you do NOT take it in the August noon heat ;))
The YC is beautiful, isn't it. We SO loved our stay there. And I am with you on the resort merchandise - so nice to see reappear. Unfortunately when we were there in February, the Contemporary had NONE!!!!

I truly adore the YC. I can't imagine using points to stay there but really would love to stay again someday but now that we are DVC I don't really see that happening, we will just have to wave from the Boardwalk. I had a lot of fun with the T's.

I love all the updates. Such great pictures!

How sad to leave WL... but I have to say where you were headed was pretty darn cool!!!

You got so much done in such a short amount of time that morning! I am in awe.:worship:

It was a very fun morning with some nice downtime at the pool.

In planning for a falls girl trip myself, I am tucking away little tips about restaurants each time you mention one that was a good choice to use the TIW card. We most likely wont be on the dp, and since I have an AP now... my thought is to get the TIW card and then maybe that will save us. However... I am wondering if we should make more ADRs if a ts will come out to be not a lot more than a cs (since cs wont have any discount)

Definitely look at one of the apps (I can see which shows what if you like) as they will show which places have DDP, TIW, AP, DVC discounts and for what meals, it's pretty cool! We probably won't do the DDP on our next family trip and I need to determine whether getting TIW makes sense or not. My issue with the TIW is exactly that, very very few discounts on CS. Which normally would be great for us but with the mix of kids we will be doing more CS than my family normally would and so...spreadsheet time!

Love that you got to see the set up for a wedding reception. How cool to have a wedding and or reception there!!! So jealous of those people!!!

I stayed once... only once at the YC. so we could have used that walkway between DHS and Epcot....but we didn't. I never knew were it was and I figured it would be too long of a walk. This last trip I finally was able to walk it. It is actually not long and a really nice walk, especially on a beautiful day!

And last but not least... your tshirt pics are cracking me up!

It is such a lovely walk and not long at all. Even closer from the BW! I had a lot of fun with the T's...there are more to come.

I have to say, this post made me SO excited for the wedding planning...not only were you taking pictures of our ceremony and reception areas, but you happened to also take pictures of the 3 areas we had just been deliberating between for our rehearsal dinner! (Boardwalk croquet lawn, Boardwalk quiet pool lawn, and the Yacht Club Marina) Too funny! (Spoiler alert, we ended up choosing the Boardwalk Croquet Lawn - and your photos along the path next to it were super-helpful! :goodvibes)

What a lovely set of locations to choose from!

Okay marking my spot kinda like you guys on the Doggie Trail:rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

Mary Ellen,
I am playing catch up again...Love the Halloween party pics (hat and all). LOL at the Belle pics with random guest comments! Thanks for the good laugh! Can't believe you stayed up to midnight, I also would have forgotten my mode of transport by that time as well!

College acceptances - congrats to Nick. Connor has 2 of those top three (did not apply to Maryland, applied to the smaller UMBC instead), but accepted to VA Tech and honors at UD engineering. Also accepted to Villanova and awaiting decision from Lehigh. He will be down to that May 1 deadline to decide. Keep us posted on Nick's decision!

On to finish your excellent trip report!

Congrats to Connor!

Mary Ellen & Cynthia - Wow your last MK / WL day, you sure were busy. Love, love the New Fantasyland pics! Beautiful. And the the Poly pool and Citricos dinner AND back to MK. Very impressed.

Look forward to seeing your view from BWV. The quiet pool looks so relaxing.

Rebecca

It was a fun day and honestly, didn't really feel busy at all! Nice pace actually.

Great updates MEK and eandesmom!!

Way to get in there and ride the big rides before things got busy! I can't believe that line for FPs....We usually get there after the line dies down and the FP return time for TSM is like...8pm!:rotfl2:

I love the merchanidise and t-shirt pictures. I too have walked past the HAMM shirt a time or two, but never bought it! Maybe this summer...

MEK, I must say your BW/YC pictures are incredible! We went over there and took pictures but they werent nearly as clear and beautiful as yours. How sneaky of you to catch a pic of the bride and groom! hehe...:wave2:

Captain's Grill is a restaurant I always hear about, but never get over to try. I'm glad you enjoyed it. In general, I have heard that the Epcot resorts have excellent food.

Can't wait to see room pictures!! Happy St. Paddy's!!

Hope you survive your busy, busy weekend!

Thanks! I am waiting while Denny and Nick watch the college basketball rankings. Then its out to diner.

Now you are talking!!! As you may have guessed, I love the EPCOT resort area!

I know you do. It's such a fabulous area! I just love it there!!!!! :cool1:

I enjoyed reading about your continuing morning at HS. Beautiful pictures as always. Especially the walk from HS to BW.

I love that walk, especially in the good weather. It was so enjoyable.

Mike W. may have only one eye, but he looks like he is all hands!

:rotfl2: Oh that Mike! :rotfl2:

Great job on the PP borders, Cynthia- the one where Mary Ellen has Minnie legs and feet is so cute.

I gave up on the borders because everything was loading SO slow, so I appreciate her perseverance!

Love, love, love the pictures of the Yacht Club. The ones of the marina and lighthouse are my favorites. Great perspective. But you also got some great shots of the exterior of the resort.

It's such a pretty resort. I think the YC is a little easier to photograph than the BC and the BW, so I was looking for some interesting vantage points.

I am so glad you went to Captain's Grille, and enjoyed it!!!

That is one of the few restaurants we will be dining at in July.

A couple of things-

For those not on DDP and without TiW, there is a 10% discount on meals if you use your Disney Visa

Did you happen to see the paintings on the wall where a ship sails from one painting to the next? Dawnbu40 is the one who alerted me to those after her trip. Can't wait to check that out myself!

I did not see that, but I wish I had. It sounds so cool and so appropriate for that resort.

Great pictures of the wedding setup, bride and groom and the quiet pool. You are so right. The area back there is beautiful!

It's a great, secluded area. I could definitely see picking that for a reception venue. When I first went back there in June I remember thinking "Am I allowed to be here?" It seemed so exclusive.

Can't wait for you to show the room!

Coming Up Soon!

So much to comment on...

Seeing the pictures of the Epcot resorts definitely made me smile, as I will be there in just a few days! :cool1:

That's right! I forgot! Are you there now? Enjoy! I hope its a wonderful trip!

I've looked at the Mickey strainer, but it is too cute to cover up with icky stuff, and it is also too expensive. I'd be curious to know how well they sell. I have several Disney kitchen items, but they are more seen and/or practical.

I bet they don't sell well at all. I didn't pay attention to the price, but if I am going to spend money on a kitchen gadget it won't be something that is going to get all yucky.

The lounge chairs in the shade - such an inviting sight! Great place to relax and talk with family and friends.

So glad the wedding couple had a pretty day for their festivities. :)

Such a lovely area for a reception. And it really was a perfect afternoon. I hope they had a wonderful time. I don't know how they couldn't.

Thanks for all the pictures!

Your welcome!

:rotfl2: It certainly appears that way!

It sure does, doesn't it? :rotfl2:

Can't wait to see pics of the room!

Coming up soon!!!!!!

I don't know that I would have thought of Captain's Grille either but it's sure been added to our list on the day we're planning B and C!!! We have only eaten there for dinner but it is also on our list for breakfast this year....we figured we'd give it a try and see what it's like!

I have heard good things about Captain's Grille. It sounds like they are pretty consistent and I was pleased with the food and service. I'll definitely be back.

Love that quiet pool....serenity!!!!

Serenity is the perfect word to describe that pool!

Awwwww Mike and Sully! I want to meet those two so bad some day!!

They were so cute. It was a fun character meet!

And the Osbourne lights!! I would want to find the "On" switch! :rotfl:

:rotfl: Me too! I wonder where they hide that?????

I enjoy watching the Streetmosphere in DHS. Those little acts are actually my parents' favourite thing about the park.

They really do add a great layer to the existing entertainment. Sort of like the icing on a cake!

Gotta love when a simple burger just hits the spot just right. Nothing better than that feeling, no matter what the food is!

You got that right. That burger was so enjoyable, especially since I was starving by then.

Love that quiet pool. It looks so... well, quiet! Haha and relaxing!
Hope you gals got an awesome room!

Very quiet and relaxing and fun to think about how close it is to Epcot....as the bird flies it must be right next to it.

We did get an awesome room - stayed tuned. :cool1:

Great massive update, MEK. Thank you for NO clown picture at the pool (I so want to avoid him when we are there in Decembeer :rotfl2:).

See how I tastefully ignored the clown! :rotfl: When I actually sat on the pool deck the clown was not nearly as creepy as it appears in pictures! I know - hard to believe!

I don't remember seeing postcards at that shop, but I'll have to be on the lookout because I do like collecting them.

They have some really cute postcards. Definitely worth a look!

I have heard great things about Captain's Grille for breakfast and lunch...perhaps we will be able to try it while we are there in December.

I enjoyed our meal there and I hope to go back. I wouldn't even mind wondering over there for lunch during a break from Epcot. I can't imagine that it ever gets real crowded there.

I like the look of that quiet pool...you'll have to explain to me when I see you exactly where it is; you can tell me when I see you in approximately 84 days or so. :)

:cool1: Woo Hoo! It will be here before you know it. It's actually easy to find. Just go to the lobby, hang a left and walk outside towards the inn rooms and keep on walking. Can't miss it. Perfection!

Love the photopass pictures.

Thanks!

IMG_1233.jpg

[/I]

Awwwww - that's cute! Did you get Bo to blush?

You really are the T-shirt queen! Great advertising for Disney.

I can't believe our FP time wasn't until 11am. Sheesh! :faint:

PA207116.jpg

It was quite good!

Similar pricing. I'm not a fan of the whole "skinny" drink marketing.
PA207119.jpg

And with that, our room was ready! Drinks in hand we headed up. What would we see??

Hmmmmm - that looks good.

And I agree - I do NOT like that whole skinny drink idea. It's a joke!

You guys got a good start to the day! I've never joined the initial TSM fp rush, what a line!

It's ridiculous - but at least it moves really well.

RnR is my favourite ride too! (Well, depending on the day... :rolleyes1)

One of my favs too. I love everything about it - the queue is fun and its a fun coaster!

Love all the t-shirt pics, makes me want some more!

I enjoy looking at Cynthia's T shirt pictures better on line then when I am there in person. I can study them better!

I dropped off the disboards for a bit, but I'm back and all caught up on your TR. sounds like you were able to accomplish a lot at HS that morning. Sorry that cookie was too sweet; it's never good when you mix coasters with a sugar high.
The walk from the park to the BWV looks so gorgeous and peaceful, and your pictures of the resort are gorgeous. Makes me want to visit the place on my next trip.
I'm sure it was a pain not having your room available until the actual designated check in time, but on the plus side, you both were able to kick back and relax for awhile. Always nice to take advantage of down time at Disney.

Hey, Is Mike Wasowski getting fresh with me?

IMG_1061_zps0c599ac7.jpg
You're asking US??? I would think it would have been obvious to you!!! :rotfl:

Tempting, but I resisted

IMG_1062_zps5b207a93.jpg
Maybe, but after that little character meet incident, I'm guessing you went for a new Mike Wazowski (with one good eye) plush toy to take home............ :rolleyes1

Looks like we scored another photo here

IMG_1069_zps6668ca43.jpg
What? No castle in the background??? :confused3

On the way out the park it was time for a little Bo action

IMG_4392_zps17f223ad.jpg
Mike action AND Bo Action??? You're gonna get a reputation around here if you aren't careful.......... :rotfl2:

Some really great pictures of your walk back, and around Boardwalk! Too bad the room wasn't ready yet.

Bad picture, but posted to prove that the restaurant was empty.

IMG_4413_zps60130643.jpg
Never tried Captain's Grille for anything other than dinner, but the two times I ate there were really great experiences, and the food was fantastic!!! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed your burger. Need to try breakfast and/or lunch there sometime.

I thought this was a cute little Christmas cup. Smart of Disney to start putting out the Christmas merchandise in mid October!

IMG_4416_zpsbc4fb08d.jpg
:thumbsup2

You got some great pictures of the marina area! I really need to spend a little time away from the parks and explore this area more!

I seriously love this pool. It's absolutely one of my favorite quiet pools. So secluded. So relaxing. So sparkly. Should I go on?

IMG_1139_zpsdd365f3d.jpg
Definitely looks like a great pool to relax and unwind so you are ready for more park time! :woohoo:

On the way to/from the Boardwalk look who I saw

IMG_4427_zpsda133676.jpg

I was really trying NOT to stalk, but I had to grab one picture. Ahhh - wedded bliss.
Stalker!! :lmao:

The crowds speak for themselves.

8:21.

Not bad all things considered!
Not bad. What a crazy FP line for TSMM, and boy can those FPs go quickly sometimes! Love RnR and that is usually at the top of the list after hitting TSMM for me too!

Favorite ride T shirt picture time!

IMG_1212.jpg
Looks like Goofy should have been holding his hat during the ride too!!! :rotfl:

Ah yes, more for my target audience

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg
Finally, some quality T-shirt ideas..........NOW we're talking!!! :yay:

You both got some great pics of the Streetmosphere, and nice job on the TSMM scores!!!

Hello (and goodbye) handsome!

IMG_1233.jpg
:eek: With all the pictures of women I see on the DIS hanging all over him, I have GOT to find out what special attraction that guy has going for him............. :scratchin

More great pictures of the walking trail back, and around the resorts, Boardwalk and lake! Like I said, I really like Captain's Grille, so great choice IMO!

Many places also offer an AP discount, or DVC. At least ne of my apps shows which are offered at each location and it's incredibly helpful!

I need to know what that app is..... :rolleyes: With TIw going up I may need to start working the DVC, AP and VISA discounts more.

:lmao: I thought it was Chelsea's boyfriend, it was actually Mary Ellen's idea of me to kiss Bo and post it on Jackie's wall on FB.

YES Chelsea started it..... :rolleyes:

Definitely look at one of the apps (I can see which shows what if you like) as they will show which places have DDP, TIW, AP, DVC discounts and for what meals, it's pretty cool! We probably won't do the DDP on our next family trip and I need to determine whether getting TIW makes sense or not. My issue with the TIW is exactly that, very very few discounts on CS. Which normally would be great for us but with the mix of kids we will be doing more CS than my family normally would and so...spreadsheet time!

Spreadsheet alert!!!! :eek:

:eek: With all the pictures of women I see on the DIS hanging all over him, I have GOT to find out what special attraction that guy has going for him............. :scratchin

Okay lets see....

He is reliable - I always know where to find him ... except for one summer trip.
He is quiet, and does not complain about having to hang around while I ride or shop.
He is ready with a refreshment- sio I know he cares.

He always greets me with a great smile.

I will say he is not perfect but he is a welcome sight when I enter DHS.;)

Way to get in there and ride the big rides before things got busy! I can't believe that line for FPs....We usually get there after the line dies down and the FP return time for TSM is like...8pm!:rotfl2:

I love the merchanidise and t-shirt pictures. I too have walked past the HAMM shirt a time or two, but never bought it! Maybe this summer...

I do really like that shirt, we will see if it makes it home next trip or not.

I dropped off the disboards for a bit, but I'm back and all caught up on your TR. sounds like you were able to accomplish a lot at HS that morning. Sorry that cookie was too sweet; it's never good when you mix coasters with a sugar high.
The walk from the park to the BWV looks so gorgeous and peaceful, and your pictures of the resort are gorgeous. Makes me want to visit the place on my next trip.
I'm sure it was a pain not having your room available until the actual designated check in time, but on the plus side, you both were able to kick back and relax for awhile. Always nice to take advantage of down time at Disney.

Welcome back! It is such a gorgeous walk. We would have done the pool either way, truly the only difference would have been unloading a little big of the things we were carrying around and...pool drinks made in the room :rotfl:

Holy updates Batman! I will be back later to try and catch up on everything!

Looks like Goofy should have been holding his hat during the ride too!!! :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Finally, some quality T-shirt ideas..........NOW we're talking!!! :yay:

You'd get along great with the target audience

I need to know what that app is..... :rolleyes: With TIw going up I may need to start working the DVC, AP and VISA discounts more.

Magic Guide is the one I really like for menus and what discounts there are. The My Disney Experience one is a lot slower to load and doesn't offer any discount info but...you can make a ressie from your phone. The Undercover Touris one also shows discounts, I just prefer the interface on Magic Guide.

Yes, I have 3 apps that do the same (sort of) thing. Plus one that predated the My Disney Experience one (Disney Parks) that I've get to delete...

YES Chelsea started it..... :rolleyes:

Jackie did get a kick out of it

Spreadsheet alert!!!! :eek:

Oh you KNOW I have one going already. Which really is silly until we chat menus with the family and since I can't even get the others to book yet, my hope for discussing dining at Easter (with ADR day not until July 2nd) I don't really see much happening too soon. Which I guess will be ok until I get back from Aulani....

Okay lets see....

He is reliable - I always know where to find him ... except for one summer trip.
He is quiet, and does not complain about having to hang around while I ride or shop.

Love it!

Thank you both for all the wonderful pictures of the walk from DHS to the Boardwalk Inn! I can't wait to try out this path in a few months, and it helps to know what I'm supposed to be looking for! :lmao:

Cynthia, thank you for all the great pictures of the t-shirts! I've seen quite a few that are pretty fun, and quite a few more that are pretty hysterical! I hope you have more of them? :goodvibes

Thanks for two great updates!

Okay lets see....

And...
-he is agreeable - never says no to any crazy idea one might have.
-he lets you put hats, scarves, leis, or whatever on him, and he wears them proudly while you take a picture.
-he's cheap to keep fed, and what other guy can you say that about???
-he is always careful to keep those white clothes white.

Anyone else want to sing Bo's praises? If I had time, I'd dig up some of my old Bo pictures, but I have to get this house in order and finish packing for a trip to Bo's world tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Great additions, Cynthia. You got some great pics of the performers at the Studios.

And I love the various t-shirts you kept taking pictures of for the E's. I hope at the end you let us know which ones you ended up purchasing.

Cynthia is definitely the T shirt queen. Her pictures make me realize exactly how many T's I completely missed.

I love that sink stopper and think I'm going to get it on the next trip and tell the men in this house to take it out and use the old one when doing dishes, etc

:rotfl2: Good luck with that! That would never happen in my house. :rotfl2:

I love the photos of the walk from the Studios to the BW; we only took the boat when we were there in December after meeting Nicki and Todd at the Dolphin; we'll have to try the walk since we are staying at the BWV in December.

You will love the walk. In the good weather it is so plesant. Much better than the boat. IMHO!

Cynthia what a shame no one had any T shirts !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2: Seriously Great Update !!!

The pickins were really slim, weren't they Rosie? :rotfl2:

If anyone deserves the "Amazing Feats of Juggling" t-shirt, it's you!

GET IT!!!

:rotfl:

The picture of the strollers and your caption are hilarious! Wow! I'm so glad I'm past having to go to those shows.

Me too!

It was a great day at HS- I especially appreciate the timing info for TSM and the FP return window.

That was helpful to me too since I am apparently clueless as to the time sequence of things. And I blame it ALL on photobucket! :rotfl:

Really loved your afternoon hanging out at the Boardwalk and Beyond. Glad to hear you enjoyed your lunch at Captain's Grille. I don't even think they get that busy at dinner time, at least the night we went there were seats.

It was a great spot for lunch. Really enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed seeing the merchandise inside of Fittings & Fairings. I haven't been in there. Didn't even know about the gift shop there at the YC until I started working on the FAQ thread. :confused3

It's a cute store. Definitely check it out.

Thanks for sharing the Margarita menus. What a great poolside "Welcome Home" drink.

Any drink would have been a good "welcome home" drink at that time of day, if you know what I mean. :rotfl:

Can't wait to see what your home looks like, and looks onto.

::yes::

I've never stepped into the yacht club but it looks beautiful!! I love seeing the different set ups they do for weddings at Disney I think I need to renew my vows there!!!

The YC is beautiful and the entire Epcot resort area is just lovely for a wedding/vow renewal venue. If you can justify the price tag for the vow renewal, I say "go for it". ::yes::

That Bo - what a two-timer! :rotfl:

Thanks for the margarita menus! We're on the countdown and I'll be day dreaming about which oneS to choose!

:cool1: woo hoo for countdown!

Always fun to choose your drinks ahead of time - and then change your mind on the spur of the moment! :thumbsup2

All caught up! All caught up, again! :rolleyes1 (the question is, for how long. :rotfl2:)

No worries - it might be awhile before I post again because I have a lot of extracurricular stuff going on right now. So, unless I can write an update on the sly at work, there won't be another any time soon.

Love all the updates, ladies! So many awesome and fun photos to look at.

Thanks! And many duplicates, too! ::yes::

DHS sounds like a lot of fun. And I love all the pics of the T-shirts. We love to walk back to BW too! Such a relaxing walk (if you do NOT take it in the August noon heat ;))

Exactly - you can NOT take that walk during the summer heat - its brutal. But if you can walk in the evening or during the cooler weather it is just perfect.

The YC is beautiful, isn't it. We SO loved our stay there. And I am with you on the resort merchandise - so nice to see reappear. Unfortunately when we were there in February, the Contemporary had NONE!!!!

I would love to stay at the YC, but I always say it probably won't ever happen because of owning DVC. AT this point I usually have enough points for all my planned trips so there's no need to stay anywhere else.

I do think that every resort should have it's own resort-specific merchandise. It's like bringing a piece of the resort home with you. Well, sort-of.

And...
-he is agreeable - never says no to any crazy idea one might have.
-he lets you put hats, scarves, leis, or whatever on him, and he wears them proudly while you take a picture.
-he's cheap to keep fed, and what other guy can you say that about???
-he is always careful to keep those white clothes white.

Anyone else want to sing Bo's praises? If I had time, I'd dig up some of my old Bo pictures, but I have to get this house in order and finish packing for a trip to Bo's world tomorrow. :thumbsup2

You mean like this?! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

535478_10152588469820486_611279683_n.jpg

or...this?!:rotfl2:

38878_10150245268350486_2720146_n.jpg

I had love for Bo even before I found the DIS!

Hey, Is Mike Wasowski getting fresh with me?

Tempting, but I resisted

Selective editing makes things more fun! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

We were both a little shocked to see the Osborne lights in place.

It takes a lot of time!

The outskirts of the BWV. Oh the anticipation! I wondered if our room would be ready, and more importantly, where it would be located??

With a great view of the Creepy Clown??

No creepy clowns were photographed in this shot

You know you want to see him.

By now Cynthia and I were both peaked from lack of protein. We figured we would head over to Beachs N Cream for a burger. Yes - BURGER - Mark. The real thing. Angus beef.

:cool1: :woohoo: You finally learned your lesson!

Best burger ever! I know it doesn't look like anything special, but it was fabulous and really hit the spot.

(because there was actual meat in it)

Let me just say that if you are planning a wedding with a reception in this area, you will get plenty of attention to detail. The whole entire time we were at the pool there was a flurry of activity setting up the venue.

NOW you tell me!:rotfl:

Yeah, 8 am would have been better. That is officially the longest FP line I have ever been in. It did move fast but yowsa.

:eek::faint: Never seen one that long!

You didn't think that we really pulled of the mad dash out of the lodge without coffee first did you?

We know better than that!

Now I had heard, I think from Pat, that the back row was extra turbulent and I think somehow we ended up there but I’m not positive. I LOVE what they did with it and couldn't wait to come back and see what new version I’d get!

The back row seems to be where the Rebel spies are located as well. :scratchin

Ah yes, more for my target audience

Now we're getting to my kinda shirts. :rotfl2:

I was honestly worried that this would really bug my elbow and, it did, but in the heat of the moment who cares. Seriously though, do that ride a bunch of times back to back and you could get carpal tunnel. LOL!

One of these days I'll figure out the proper wrist action on that infernal thing.

LOVE that they are coming out with resort specific stuff again

You and me both. It was needed. The shops are more interesting that way.

Arrgh. We did an Illuminations fireworks cruise in one of these in 2010 (a non pirate boat version) and it was one of the most magical things EVER. So incredibly cool.

That sounds VERY cool.

And with that, our room was ready! Drinks in hand we headed up. What would we see??

Creepy clown! Creepy clown!

aagh ALL OF MY MULTI QUOTES ARE GONE! :sad: I just caught up on like 20 pages and had some great photos to comment on. darn!!!

Now I'm going to have to come back & find the key pictures.

I don't remember a crystal store in MK and it looks like you both visited there separately. Like Cynthia, its probably a store I avoid when with Katie because I hate the idea of having to buy broken crystal.:scratchin

First, I love the Poly pics. Is that a zero entry pool? I didn't look that closely when we visited there last month. It does look like a fun slide - I could totally see going down that puppy with Katie. :thumbsup2

Mary Ellen I love your WLR photos. I truly think this is the prettiest resort. I just love the feel of it. I am relieved that JOe (in true fuzzy disney logic) feels that even though he's still "mad" at the WLR, he'd stay at VWL because you know, that's DVC, not the regular resort :rolleyes:. hey, whatever works because it really is one of my favorite resorts.

You and Cynthia really really lucked out walking into MK for MSEP - Your photos turned out awesome!

IMG_0921_zpsa99a25f5.jpg

Tell me, are those really people at the back of this float, all done up in lights? I zoomed in a few times but can't be sure. its very cool looking!!

and Yeah, this is the best part of the prade:
IMG_0935_zps5381fe4c.jpg

If there were a prize for most DisMeets in one trip, you two would have won!!
IMG_0957_zps71dccd62.jpg

Great photo! Love the dressy look!
Photo0837FiveBySeven.jpg

Very funny that you dozed of ME during CoP --- I personally always entertain the family by singing along and occasionally forcing them to sway along with me to the music :upsidedow Its probably good that we are not normally in there with a crowd of people to annoy.

what a good start to your DHS - RnR right away but holy cow that wait line for FP's for TSM is ridiculous!:faint:
IMG_1190.jpg

I hope the poor girl in line at ToT was okay.

I just love the setting in the lobby
IMG_1001_zps9a77601d.jpg

I don't think I've noticed the display cases because I always seem to be looking at all the little details.

Do you think they actually clean the furniture in this room &then reapply the cobwebs, or just let nature take its course?

Love that you got all the Twilight Zone shots -- that's the part that scared Katie. We are hoping she will get over the scariness of the pictures because she LOVES the bouncy part of the elevator falling.

If you like creepy elevator stories, take a ghost tour at Gettysburg -- there's a really good elevator ghost story in town in a building that used to be a hospital during the civil war.

Your leisure time at BW waiting for your room seems well spent. That burger looks delicious, how nice that there was no wait at all!

Can you use TIW discount at CS places, or only TS? just wondering. It definitely makes for a nicer meal when you get waited on, and if the price was almost the same, bonus!

Cynthia, did you actually buy any of those great tees? I loved the sparkly one from ToT (at least it looked sparkly in the photo. )
IMG_1213.jpg

great updates ladies! Can't wait to see your room!

I love all the updates. Such great pictures!

Thanks!

How sad to leave WL... but I have to say where you were headed was pretty darn cool!!!

I have to agree and, as you will see, the view is much better!

You got so much done in such a short amount of time that morning! I am in awe.:worship:

I think getting to half of EMH definitely helped checking things accomplished rather quickly, which was good since we never intended on spending the whole day there.

In planning for a falls girl trip myself, I am tucking away little tips about restaurants each time you mention one that was a good choice to use the TIW card. We most likely wont be on the dp, and since I have an AP now... my thought is to get the TIW card and then maybe that will save us. However... I am wondering if we should make more ADRs if a ts will come out to be not a lot more than a cs (since cs wont have any discount)

I think it probably ends up being a little bit more for the TS lunch meals that we did because of tip, but in the end it is so much nicer than having to stand in line . Being waited on is really nice when you are already sick of standing in lines.

Love that you got to see the set up for a wedding reception. How cool to have a wedding and or reception there!!! So jealous of those people!!!

Me too! I think it must be amazing to have a wedding there. Or be invited to one as a guest - even better. :rotfl:

I stayed once... only once at the YC. so we could have used that walkway between DHS and Epcot....but we didn't. I never knew were it was and I figured it would be too long of a walk. This last trip I finally was able to walk it. It is actually not long and a really nice walk, especially on a beautiful day!

It really isn't a bad walk at all. I figured out that it's about a mile from the Boardwalk to the entrance of DHS. And, seriously, a mile is nothing when you are walking all day anyway.

And last but not least... your tshirt pics are cracking me up!

Cynthia deserves a commission for the number of T-shirts she has posted in this TR. ;)

I have to say, this post made me SO excited for the wedding planning...not only were you taking pictures of our ceremony and reception areas, but you happened to also take pictures of the 3 areas we had just been deliberating between for our rehearsal dinner! (Boardwalk croquet lawn, Boardwalk quiet pool lawn, and the Yacht Club Marina) Too funny! (Spoiler alert, we ended up choosing the Boardwalk Croquet Lawn - and your photos along the path next to it were super-helpful! :goodvibes)

That is so awesome that you have your spot picked out. Each spot is wonderful and I think the croquet lawn will be just perfect. :thumbsup2 It's just gorgeous in that whole area. You can not go wrong. And I can attest to the fact that they put A LOT of effort into setting up. They were working hard. I think its save to say you will be in good hands.

Okay marking my spot kinda like you guys on the Doggie Trail:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: Rosie - You are TOO funny! :rotfl2:

Mary Ellen,
I am playing catch up again...Love the Halloween party pics (hat and all). LOL at the Belle pics with random guest comments! Thanks for the good laugh! Can't believe you stayed up to midnight, I also would have forgotten my mode of transport by that time as well!

Welcome back stranger! Glad you are getting all caught up again. The Halloween party was so much fun. I'm glad you enjoyed my random comments - I was on a roll. :rotfl:

College acceptances - congrats to Nick. Connor has 2 of those top three (did not apply to Maryland, applied to the smaller UMBC instead), but accepted to VA Tech and honors at UD engineering. Also accepted to Villanova and awaiting decision from Lehigh. He will be down to that May 1 deadline to decide. Keep us posted on Nick's decision!

Congratulations to Connor - those are awesome choices. Nick did not want to apply to Lehigh, which still bothers me. And then when he saw the campus recently he regretted his decision. Oh well. Live and learn. I know he is eliminating Maryland because he wasn't accepted directly into the engineering program, which seems to be somewhat common from all the reading I've done. That would be OK with in-state tuition, but not with out of state. He's also eliminated the smaller schools and is down to: VT, WVU, UD, and Rowan (full tuition offer). We just toured WVU and we really liked it and they have a combined mechanical/aeronautical program (4.5 years dual degree) that he is highly considering. It's part of our ACM, so the price is unbeatable. I am sort of torn because of the school's rep, but I actually really liked it there. There is just so much down to earth school pride and that really appeals to me, and more importantly, Nick.

On to finish your excellent trip report!

Read on and stay tuned for our room update! :thumbsup2

StPatricksDay.jpg

Just a quick reminder not to stress out about how quickly you are getting to replies!

This is supposed to be a fun hobby, not one with deadlines like in the real world, so just know we will all be here eagerly reading what you write, when you have time to do it!

:goodvibes

I do stress over getting to replies because I take my commitment to my TRs very seriously. Crazy, I know. But I feel like if I can't give 100% I shouldn't be writing one. :laughing:

Thank you for reminding this is simply a pleasurable pastime!

Mary Ellen & Cynthia - Wow your last MK / WL day, you sure were busy. Love, love the New Fantasyland pics! Beautiful. And the the Poly pool and Citricos dinner AND back to MK. Very impressed.

Look forward to seeing your view from BWV. The quiet pool looks so relaxing.

Rebecca

That was a really fun day with just the right amount of park, touring, relaxing, and eating. It's so great to be a veteran because you can just sit back and enjoy the little things. I think that's exactly what we did. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I actually didn't realize the line was THAT long, but I knew from previous trips not to panic because it does move really quickly.

They really do sell some creative T-shirts and, like I said above, Cynthia deserves a commission for all the free advertising she is doing. :laughing:

MEK, I must say your BW/YC pictures are incredible! We went over there and took pictures but they werent nearly as clear and beautiful as yours. How sneaky of you to catch a pic of the bride and groom! hehe...:wave2:

Thank you - so glad you like the pics!

I totally lucked out with the bride/groom picture. Glad I saw them BEFORE my hands were full with an adult beverage. :rolleyes1

Captain's Grill is a restaurant I always hear about, but never get over to try. I'm glad you enjoyed it. In general, I have heard that the Epcot resorts have excellent food.

I'll tell you what - this summer I would have no problem walking over for there for lunch during my Epcot day. It really is the perfect place for a little food and rest. Definitely on my radar now.

Can't wait to see room pictures!! Happy St. Paddy's!!

Thanks - same to you, although a little belated.

Room view in the next update!

Lovely morning in DHS! You seem like you got quite a bit accomplished before heading over to the new resort. Both of your photos with the Coca Cola man are adorable! :p

As always, Mary Ellen, loved your photo walk through of the Epcot resorts! Looks so beautiful there.

I dropped off the disboards for a bit, but I'm back and all caught up on your TR. sounds like you were able to accomplish a lot at HS that morning.

Welcome back stranger! I hope all is going well with you and you are feeling great.

Sorry that cookie was too sweet; it's never good when you mix coasters with a sugar high.

That cookie gave new meaning to the phrase "gag-me sweet" :rotfl:

It was a lovely walk. I am so glad we decided to walk instead of ride. It was a gorgeous day. Glad you like the resort pics as well. All 3 Epcot resorts are very cool (and so are the non-Disney resorts).

I was hoping our room would be reacy sooner, but it was nice being "forced" to spend all that time at the quiet pool. I just love it there.

Holy updates Batman! I will be back later to try and catch up on everything!

Nothing like multiple updates to keep you on your toes! Speaking of updates, I really enjoyed your last one. Hawaii is going to be amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter