Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting Than You!*6/8* NEW Trip Report Link p154

I probably took exactly the same pictures in June, but you can never have too many ToT pictures, right? Right!
Well, it wouldn't exactly look old and abandoned if they had different things to take pictures of every time. :lmao:

Once we got inside we observed a strange occurrence. A mom, standing a few people behind us, suddenly started yelling "help us…help us…."
So sorry to hear about something like this happening. I hope everything turned out ok.

Can't you just hear that music in the back ground ……do..do..do..do………do.do.do.do……. (Ok, enough already)
::yes::

Eveything about that ride from the sights to the sounds just set the tone perfectly. And that music is a big part of it.

Must have been all that sugar. I was a little disappointed in my score, since I had done a lot better in June. Oh well. Next time. Maybe.
I'd think that the sugar should help you in TSM. I mean it is about speed, not accuracy. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I have to start this update by saying it was a real pleasure to have some spring weather this past weekend. I loved it. And in four weeks I will be in Hilton Head. Yeah! I already started packing.

:cool1: Always great to have a trip on the horizon. I wish mine was closer!

With luggage transfers and worrying about leaving in a timely manner, I never took any more pictures of the WL. I wanted to go in the parking lot and get a picture of the WL from the front, but it just never happened.

That's ok. The trees make it hard to get a good picture from that direction anyway.

I probably took exactly the same pictures in June, but you can never have too many ToT pictures, right? Right!

The theming in there is pretty incredible. Your pictures are great!:thumbsup2

Once we got inside we observed a strange occurrence. A mom, standing a few people behind us, suddenly started yelling "help us…help us…." She was holding her young teenage daughter who looked OK, but just a little unsteady. She tried to walk her daughter outside and from I could see /remember, she had her daughter sit down and then her daughter started to experience some type of a seizure. Either that or she fainted, but there appeared to be some shaking involved. It was pretty hard to see what was going on, but help arrived quickly in the form of a CM who called for medical help.

:scared1: Hope she was ok. That would definitely be unnerving, especially in line for that ride!

Notice my look of disgust? Look again…..

I'm not sure why I always seem to be in pain while I am on this ride because I like it - really I do!

Uh huh. You really share my feelings. Admit it! :rotfl2:

My thoughts - It was just too sweet. Yeah - never thought I hear myself say that, but the filling was sickening sweet. It probably wasn't the best choice for my only food of the morning. You can imagine the results - instant sugar high and crashing sugar low not soon after. Not good.

Well, you could always wash it down with some Beverly next time.

Cynthia crushed me. Must have been all that sugar. I was a little disappointed in my score, since I had done a lot better in June. Oh well. Next time. Maybe.

I'm with Andy. I think you actually needed more sugar. :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing the bonus pictures of Tracy. I'm sure you must have been really pleased to discover them!

I was. I completely forgot that we were in the same pp share back in 2010. I wish I had discovered that sooner because I would have used the character photos in her video.

Great morning at Hollywood Studios. Do you know approx when your FP time for TSM came due? And the times were out into the evening by then? Sheesh!

It looks like we were in line at 11:15, but our FPs may have come due before that. I wish I could remember but I know I didn't look at a clock once during the morning. Hopefully Cynthia can check her time stamp and figure it out.

Great pictures of the ToT queue and inside the elevator. I see something new all the time too. In your pictures, I have never seen the display of flags on the bureau next to the Concierge Desk. I think I must always be looking (or photographing) the desk. I actually find I am always moving pretty quickly through that part.

There is always something new I see as well. It's also cool to know that they make subtle changes every so often. But you're right - you do move through pretty quickly and its hard to take it all in.

That is scary about the teenage girl. I'm glad to hear help came quickly. I'm sure the folks at Disney are very (perhaps overly) cautious and she got top-notch help.

My whole memory of the event seems somewhat surreal. But I do know tht she got help pretty quickly.

I'll have to ask Claire, but she took the chicken exit the 2nd time we rode it and she went back stage with a CM to meet us later. She said she used a different elevator and went through some rooms. Maybe she was int the sunset room!

Loved the Parade Pix !!I( am still a Spectro gal.But MSEP is very good too!!!I don't think I would have LOVED the food at Citricos either !! But that appie did look very appealing !!!

The appie was good!

I so would have guessed Citricos by the lighting!! We had Lonzy last week as our server and he was awesome! He's been working for Disney for 25+ years and really is a kind man.

Speaking of casual dressing for Signatures... I can completely understand the parks but we were at Jiko and Citricos and noticed the shorts and t-shirts thing going on. I suppose I shouldn't be so quick to judge but I do admit that my first thought wasn't 'oh, maybe they don't have their luggage yet and had to wear shorts' versus 'what the heck?' :rolleyes:

Yay for BW! I love all the Epcot resorts.

He was sweet, frazzled and busy but super sweet. Possibility on the maybe they don't have their luggage but I guess for me, if that were the case, I'd be at the regular bar, or the pool bar. Same thing at Jiko, why not be up at Victoria Falls?

I agree with other members of your Photopass Picture fan club- the ones of you two in front of the castle are really nice. I like how you are coordinated with the black dress and black and white dress.

PP fan club :rotfl2: coordination was NOT planned.

I haven't been to Citricos (or to the GF) (or to a signature restaurant) for that matter.

You had a great ending to the night at MK. I'm glad it worked out like it did for the parade.

Nice opportunity to see CoP. I think we took the boys on our first trip together in 2004, but haven't been back since.

One of these days you should try a siggie, maybe a date night at some point?

Great updates ladies!
MEK -- gorgeous pictures around the resort! I've said it before and I'll say it again, what a stunning place.
Sounds like a pretty nice meal. I'm never in the mood to do a fancy restaurant while in Disney. Maybe some day DH and I will do something romantic but for now we're still too silly. :rotfl:
Great timing walking in on the parade! Great photos from you both also. Love the Photopass pics!

Date nights are awfully fun, if you can do one at a siggie I highly recommend it. We've not managed it yet but hopefully this next trip.

just stopping by...

Hi Tammie!

That might sound more tempting if I knew what the heck half of it meant.......... :confused: :blush: :rotfl2:

Well I'm looking at the description from all ears and my picture and thinking that this isn't exactly right.

Pan-seared Florida Black Grouper - Pappardelle pasta, palacios chorizo, taggiasca olives, marinated sun dried tomatoes, white wine and aglio e olio $38.00

means...

White fish, pasta (Portuguese pork sausage which has dried smoked red peppers in it, sun dried tomatoes, white wine, garlic and olive oil.

Basically a boring white fish that they tried to add lots of stuff to, to make it interesting.

:rotfl2:

This looks like grouper with, squid ink linguine, clams, mussels, shrimp, chorizo, sun dried tomatoes, white wine, garlic and olive oil. At least I think I see some chorizo in the picture. May also have tomatoes.

I will say the linguine and the broth were by far the best part. I am fairly positive I soaked up the rest of my broth with bread.

Sparkly flip flops.............exactly what you would need to wear with Mary Ellen's "lighted dress!" :rolleyes1

Glad the two of you finally decided to get a picture together in front of the castle.......... ;)

Wow, the original Tiki Room AND CoP in the same trip!!! :banana:

Yeah, cuz we are short on pictures in front of the castle and we didn't get anymore for the rest of the trip

:rotfl:

I had a list of must do's and wants and it usually includes classics I've not made it to. On this trip I did really well in the MK, ok at DHS and bombed everywhere else.

I agree. Food is hands down the most important part.

It really is. The rest can be lacking and you still go back for the food

Probably because that float is so long that it is about half the length of the parade itself.

:lmao: good point

Wow... you're getting quite a few first time classics in on this trip.

I have to admit, it isn't the best ride to experience at the end of the day. I love it and it can just about lull me to sleep when it is late and I'm tired. I'm glad you got to see it and enjoyed it.:thumbsup2

Sad isn't it? All that I still haven't done? Need more trips.

I am going to guess that we made pretty good time to HS (although I am certain Cynthia will know exactly when we arrived).

:rotfl2: we will see

Yup - typical morning line, except this morning we are following Jack from Jack and the Giant Beanstalk and Pink.

:lmao:

Hold on to your hat there Cynthia. We are about to go on a wild ride!

Hey I had to protect bad hair day #2 in a row! I have a strategy you know. Hat in the am means I can skip the shower till after pool time. It was wedged on pretty tight, no clue why I felt the need to hang onto it. You do look disgusted, what is up with that?

Here we split one of these little beauties

IMG_4379_zpsd48344f0.jpg

My thoughts - It was just too sweet. Yeah - never thought I hear myself say that, but the filling was sickening sweet. It probably wasn't the best choice for my only food of the morning. You can imagine the results - instant sugar high and crashing sugar low not soon after. Not good.

I was kind of bummed. I'd had the same experience when I bought a whole one for myself, and couldn't finish it. I'd hoped splitting it would do the trick. It is good....but really I need 1/4 or less of it to avoid a sugar coma.

Cynthia crushed me. Must have been all that sugar. I was a little disappointed in my score, since I had done a lot better in June. Oh well. Next time. Maybe.

And with my tennis elbow to boot! :rotfl2: Probably was all the sugar and caffeine, I'm sure that had a lot to do with the fact I was craving protein in a major way by the time we finally got to lunch.

You two got quite a few things accomplished that morning! I sure hope that the teenager simply fainted and wasn't having a seizure. As the wife of a husband who suffers from seizures, I can attest that seizures are certainly not something that you get used to and I freak out every time.

How did you and Cynthia stay so calm looking when plummeting down down down in the Tower of Terror elevator? I'm always hanging onto John like a monkey and screaming like crazy. :rotfl:

I really couldn't see well enough to have a feeling at all for what was going on with the girl but mom was definitely shaken. I know I have fainted before in the heat, several times as a tween/teen and it was always low sugar. I'd just go down though, freak my mom out. I really hope she was ok and was happy to see it handled very quickly, or if not handled at least getting the right kind of atttention.

Clearly I was focused on my hat :rotfl2:

How scary with the mom and the teenaged girl. I guess for timing having whatever happened to her is better in line before the ride rather than further into the queue, or actually on the ride. :scared1:

I had that exact same thought, that they really were at a good access point both for them to get out of the crowd and for help to get to them.

:thumbsup2 for Boardwalk!

Great update! Love all your photos of ToT and DHS. Now the incident with the girl sounds pretty scary.

IMG_1038_zps65a670c2.jpg

If I am not completely mistaken this is a toothbrush holder. I know I had it in my hands in Paris and am pretty sure it is. :goodvibes

The Toy Story Mania mad dash is necessary, predictable or not! :laughing:

Your ToT pictures are all great!

Ugh, that must have been a scary thing to witness. When I was a senior in high school I witnessed one of my best friends having a seizure and it was one of the scariest moments of my life. She was diagnosed with epilepsy. BUT, another time my mother started shaking a little bit and we thought she might have had a seizure too (which was also incredibly scary) but it turned out she had a reaction to some new medication she was taking and had fainted. One thing I will say is that the aftermath of the two situations was completely different. My friend was extremely out of it and answered every question that the paramedics asked her with her name. My mom, however, just wondered why we were freaking out. She didn't remember the incident, but everything else was completely fine. SO, all that to say, I hope the girl was just fainting. Hopefully everything turned out okay for her and her mom!

Sounds like a great morning. I love all the pics of ToT. I may be too chicken to ride but I love seeing pics of it :rotfl:

It really is a great queue, isn't it? I love it. It's worth taking a walk through and going out the chicken exit!

Looking forward to seeing your pics of BWV and the Epcot resort area :)

Well get ready because I sure took a lot of pictures! I wonder if I got any pictures of your last room location.

Well, it wouldn't exactly look old and abandoned if they had different things to take pictures of every time. :lmao: :

True. Very true. But I notice something new every time I take pictures in there. It's an amazing queue.

So sorry to hear about something like this happening. I hope everything turned out ok. :

I hope so too. It was definitely a tad unnerving.

::yes:: Eveything about that ride from the sights to the sounds just set the tone perfectly. And that music is a big part of it.

It is such a well themed attraction. Really one of the best in WDW, IMHO.

I'd think that the sugar should help you in TSM. I mean it is about speed, not accuracy. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

So do you suggest I down a couple of pixie sticks before I play the next time? :rotfl:

:cool1: Always great to have a trip on the horizon. I wish mine was closer!

I am really look forward to HHI. It's such a great place. I am sure your Hawaiian adventure will be here before you know it! :thumbsup2

That's ok. The trees make it hard to get a good picture from that direction anyway.

I could have sworn I got a better view than that, but I guess my memory failed me - again. :laughing:

The theming in there is pretty incredible. Your pictures are great!:thumbsup2

Thanks. I just love that queue. It's really one of my favorites!

:scared1: Hope she was ok. That would definitely be unnerving, especially in line for that ride!

Unnerving is the exact word and the people around her seemed to be pretty unconcerned. It was just strange. And disturbing.

Uh huh. You really share my feelings. Admit it! :rotfl2:

Let's make that our secret! :rolleyes1

Well, you could always wash it down with some Beverly next time.

Now there's an idea! :lmao:

I'm with Andy. I think you actually needed more sugar. :rotfl:

Well I just that's two votes for pre-TSM pixie sticks. Lots of them. :rotfl:

I'll have to ask Claire, but she took the chicken exit the 2nd time we rode it and she went back stage with a CM to meet us later. She said she used a different elevator and went through some rooms. Maybe she was int the sunset room!

Hmmmmm......I wonder. I think I would like to go down the chicken exit once just to see what it's like. The first time I rode ToT two boys went out that way and left their mom on the ride. That woman screamed the entire time. I was sure she was going to completely freak out. It was crazy.

Hey I had to protect bad hair day #2 in a row! I have a strategy you know. Hat in the am means I can skip the shower till after pool time. It was wedged on pretty tight, no clue why I felt the need to hang onto it. You do look disgusted, what is up with that?

Hey - no judgement here. You're lucky you can wear a cap and look so cute it in. I look ridiculous.

I always look disgusted - but in reality it's my fear of the ride. I have never completely settled into that ride. It really used to scare the heck out of me before the dumbed it down a bit.

I was kind of bummed. I'd had the same experience when I bought a whole one for myself, and couldn't finish it. I'd hoped splitting it would do the trick. It is good....but really I need 1/4 or less of it to avoid a sugar coma.

And with my tennis elbow to boot! :rotfl2: Probably was all the sugar and caffeine, I'm sure that had a lot to do with the fact I was craving protein in a major way by the time we finally got to lunch.

OMG - me too! That is what I remember most about walking over to B&C and being told there was a 45 minute wait. I remember thinking...no way!!!!!!!!

I really couldn't see well enough to have a feeling at all for what was going on with the girl but mom was definitely shaken. I know I have fainted before in the heat, several times as a tween/teen and it was always low sugar. I'd just go down though, freak my mom out. I really hope she was ok and was happy to see it handled very quickly, or if not handled at least getting the right kind of atttention.

Clearly I was focused on my hat :rotfl2:

I had that exact same thought, that they really were at a good access point both for them to get out of the crowd and for help to get to them.

I would like to think she just fainted, but who knows. I guess if she had a pre-existing medical condition the mom wouldn't have freaked so much.

Great update! Love all your photos of ToT and DHS. Now the incident with the girl sounds pretty scary.

IMG_1038_zps65a670c2.jpg

If I am not completely mistaken this is a toothbrush holder. I know I had it in my hands in Paris and am pretty sure it is. :goodvibes

I think you're right! That is so cute. Now I really want one!!!!!!

The Toy Story Mania mad dash is necessary, predictable or not! :laughing:

So, so true! :rotfl:

Your ToT pictures are all great!

Thanks! You know I love taking ToT pics. It's one of my favorite queues!

Ugh, that must have been a scary thing to witness. When I was a senior in high school I witnessed one of my best friends having a seizure and it was one of the scariest moments of my life. She was diagnosed with epilepsy. BUT, another time my mother started shaking a little bit and we thought she might have had a seizure too (which was also incredibly scary) but it turned out she had a reaction to some new medication she was taking and had fainted. One thing I will say is that the aftermath of the two situations was completely different. My friend was extremely out of it and answered every question that the paramedics asked her with her name. My mom, however, just wondered why we were freaking out. She didn't remember the incident, but everything else was completely fine. SO, all that to say, I hope the girl was just fainting. Hopefully everything turned out okay for her and her mom!

You're right - those are two different scenarios. Now that I replay it in my mind I'm pretty sure she just fainted. Because I think we was awake again by the time we moved out of that spot.

OMG - that must have been so scary for your mom. I can't imagine.

I hope you don't mind me sharing...I believe this

Is modeled after this

469_zps7dfe0802.jpg

But Disney definitely does the inside better!

594_zps380ebef3.jpg

I love the ToT queue!! Wouldn't it be awesome to have gardens like the outside? I will however pass on the dustiness of the inside!

Yup - typical morning line, except this morning we are following Jack from Jack and the Giant Beanstalk and Pink.

IMG_4366_zpsef98b836.jpg

:rotfl: This had me laughing out loud while sitting at the kitchen table all by myself. The family thinks something is a little wrong with me.....;)

Exactly! :thumbsup2

Goodness, what a scary event involving the mom and daughter! I hope everything turned out okay!

Pink and Jack - hilarious! :rotfl2:

No, you can never have too many pictures from the Tower of Terror! All of you pictures are fabulous (as always!), but I think my favorite is this one:

What a spectacular view of the ceiling! (And the light fixture with the dusty spider webs!) While at Disney, you always need to remember to look up! ;)

What a great update, Mary Ellen. You really went to town on the pictures at TOT (I hope that young girl was okay). TOT is my absolute favorite ride (I just wish I didn't have to do it by myself most times :sad:) and I never noticed that case you posted either and never paid attention to the ceiling...great job.

You do look like you are not enjoying yourself on TOT!

I'm not big on sweet things in the morning (well, except for my Krispy Kreme's), and that looked sweet.

Can't wait for more.

****Oh, and the Pink & Jolly Green Giant are hysterical.

****And I loved the pictures of Tracy...I think of her every day.

What great a great update. Thank you! I am too much of a chicken to ride ToT. I rode it once and can't again. I have rode the actual service elevator (chicken exit) a couple times just so I could stay in the queue with my family. However... obviously, I am still nervous since I don't remember anything inside the queue. So again..thanks for sharing. I can look from the comfort and safety of my own home. ;)

I do hope that mom and daughter were ok. I can understand how that would be unnerving to those around too... just such a scary situation...even if it was just that she was fainting.

Hi Ladies! I'm all caught up again after another move. We've left a nightmare in AZ and are in Texas enjoying a glorious Spring with our son and fam, which means lots of hugs from our grandbabies! Not all bad. :goodvibes

So many great updates! Love the Gaston story! :lmao: So amazing how you kept bumping into so many DISers! Of course F&W will draw them, I guess. ;)

I really am enjoying the dual perspective, with a little Pat thrown in here and there! You each seem to focus on different aspects, which gives a very well rounded report!:thumbsup2

So cool you got to get in on a soft opening for NFL!:cool1: DGD,5 really enjoyed your pics of LM today.

Congrats to Nick also, Mary Ellen. Any decision yet? I might have missed some chatter.

I hope the girl in the TOT queue was ok!! How scary!!

Your photos of TOT are gorgeous! I'm never ever going back near that ride (big chicken here!), but it is pretty to look around (through your photos, safely many many miles away from the actual ride!) :rotfl:

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the carrot cake cookie!!! It can be a bit sweet if you're already approaching a sugar rush though!!

Not much DIS time for me this week, but I am scrolling through pictures as I can. Don't want to miss anything! ;)

Thanks for sharing the pictures of Tracy. :goodvibes

I'll take a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie over a carrot cake cookie any day. The cake part is okay - although I have had better - but the cream in the middle is too sweet and there is too much of it for me personally.

Sure hope the young girl is okay now.

So do you suggest I down a couple of pixie sticks before I play the next time? :rotfl:
::yes::

I also suggest that you have something with a lot of caffeine in it to drink with them. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Just make sure it is near the end of the day so you can go right back to the room when you crash. :thumbsup2

:rotfl: This had me laughing out loud while sitting at the kitchen table all by myself. The family thinks something is a little wrong with me.....;)

I have experience that same reaction from my family while reading the DIS boards. The "what can possibly be so funny" look! :rotfl:

It's absolutely one of my favorite queues and I can't go through it without taking a bunch of pictures!

Goodness, what a scary event involving the mom and daughter! I hope everything turned out okay!

I hope everything turned out OK, too and that it wasn't the onset of a new medical condition. Hopefully she just fainted. But what a way to put a damper on the day for that family.

Pink and Jack - hilarious! :rotfl2:

Glad you thought so.

No, you can never have too many pictures from the Tower of Terror! All of you pictures are fabulous (as always!), but I think my favorite is this one:

What a spectacular view of the ceiling! (And the light fixture with the dusty spider webs!) While at Disney, you always need to remember to look up! ;)

I really like that pic too. I am surprised it came out as good as it did. I like how sharp and crisp the lines are.

What a great update, Mary Ellen. You really went to town on the pictures at TOT (I hope that young girl was okay). TOT is my absolute favorite ride (I just wish I didn't have to do it by myself most times :sad:) and I never noticed that case you posted either and never paid attention to the ceiling...great job.

I hope the young girl was OK, too. It always makes me so sad to think that something can affect what is supposed to be a happy day and awesome vacation. Just seems wrong.

I did take quite a few pics, didn't I. I just clicked the whole time we were in the queue. That part of the ceiling was really neat.

You do look like you are not enjoying yourself on TOT!

:rotfl: I know - I look seriously in pain or something. My goal for next time is to make myself laugh no matter what. :rotfl:

I'm not big on sweet things in the morning (well, except for my Krispy Kreme's), and that looked sweet.

Can't wait for more.

I'm sure Cynthia will be posting soon. :thumbsup2

****Oh, and the Pink & Jolly Green Giant are hysterical.

Glad you like!

****And I loved the pictures of Tracy...I think of her every day.

I do too. And it was so heartwarming I found those pictures because I forgot we were in the same PP share even though it was only 3 years ago - not even.

What great a great update. Thank you! I am too much of a chicken to ride ToT. I rode it once and can't again. I have rode the actual service elevator (chicken exit) a couple times just so I could stay in the queue with my family. However... obviously, I am still nervous since I don't remember anything inside the queue. So again..thanks for sharing. I can look from the comfort and safety of my own home. ;)

The first time I rode ToT I wasn't expecting much and it really scare the bejesus out of me. So after that I have always been a little fearful. I really do think they have "toned it down" because I always get off thinking - "that was nothing". But I will never forget how scared I was on that first ride.

I do hope that mom and daughter were ok. I can understand how that would be unnerving to those around too... just such a scary situation...even if it was just that she was fainting.

I hope they were OK, too. I hate to see stuff like that happen at Disneyworld. It just seems so wrong.

Hi Ladies! I'm all caught up again after another move. We've left a nightmare in AZ and are in Texas enjoying a glorious Spring with our son and fam, which means lots of hugs from our grandbabies! Not all bad. :goodvibes

So glad you are all caught up again.

Wow - I had no idea you were undertaking such a big move. Glad to hear you are all settled in in Texas and enjoying the nice weather. I'm also happy to hear you are getting daily hugs from your grand babies. That is awesome!

So many great updates! Love the Gaston story! :lmao: So amazing how you kept bumping into so many DISers! Of course F&W will draw them, I guess. ;)

We really did bump into a lot of DISers, which was so cool. Having never visited in October before I can definitely see what that is prime DIS time to visit. It was just perfect. I hope to make it regular thing!

I really am enjoying the dual perspective, with a little Pat thrown in here and there! You each seem to focus on different aspects, which gives a very well rounded report!:thumbsup2

Well, clearly I am the most forgetful of the group. But I'm the oldest, so I have an excuse! :rolleyes1

So cool you got to get in on a soft opening for NFL!:cool1: DGD,5 really enjoyed your pics of LM today.

Neat - I'm so glad she liked them. It really was a gorgeous queue and a lovely ride. I look forward to riding it again in June!

Congrats to Nick also, Mary Ellen. Any decision yet? I might have missed some chatter.

Thank you! No decision yet. He has ruled out a couple schools and he has two more visits plus the decision day at UD. I really want him to decide soon. Hopefully the decision will be made by the beginning of April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter