Something new -- multiple park, same day FPs

Unless they bring back some form of the in park to in park shuttles they tested for a small fee. I would definitely pay some to have some form of shuttle that takes me from inside one park to inside another without having to go through security or the front entrance again.

Is that was Express Bus was? It must have happened during our 5 year Disney sabbatical so I always wondered what it was.

It wasn't that popular (except around here). Which I blame because it wasn't advertised well (at all). But sometimes busses left with only a handful of people (in my experience it was usually 5-10 at most).
The buses left every half hour if I remember correctly. One time we missed a bus by 2 minutes and had to wait 30 minutes until the next one which sort of sucked.

The buses left every half hour if I remember correctly. One time we missed a bus by 2 minutes and had to wait 30 minutes until the next one which sort of sucked.

That is a good point, but at least we (disboards) figured out the schedule... From what I recall, it wasn't posted for a long time. With the schedule you could plan around when it would be going to the park you wanted. But yeah, they came infrequently enough that it would be bad to miss the one you wanted/needed.

But being able to do things like: EMM @ MK, some MK rope drop, and then express bus to another park (where my FP were waiting for me...)... without spending a lot of time hopping... that was awesome.

I maintain that if they advertised it properly, it would be popular. And maybe they would still lose a bit of money on the actual transportation costs, but they would more than make it up in selling additional PHs.

That is a good point, but at least we (disboards) figured out the schedule... From what I recall, it wasn't posted for a long time. With the schedule you could plan around when it would be going to the park you wanted. But yeah, they came infrequently enough that it would be bad to miss the one you wanted/needed.

But being able to do things like: EMM @ MK, some MK rope drop, and then express bus to another park (where my FP were waiting for me...)... without spending a lot of time hopping... that was awesome.

I maintain that if they advertised it properly, it would be popular. And maybe they would still lose a bit of money on the actual transportation costs, but they would more than make it up in selling additional PHs.
Bypassing security was the best part. No need to take that extra time in line.

Unless they bring back some form of the in park to in park shuttles they tested for a small fee. I would definitely pay some to have some form of shuttle that takes me from inside one park to inside another without having to go through security or the front entrance again.

Bypassing security was the best part. No need to take that extra time in line.

With the changes being made to the security entrances (at least at MK and Epcot), I'm wondering if they will find a way to increase the "security bubble" enough that some of the hopping can occur within it? For example, if they could make it so at least you could hop between MK and Epcot, via monorail, without having to go through security again? That would be awesome. I think that will be next to impossible with AK.

My trip will be after the dates listed, but this is something I’ve always wanted them to implement. I hope they do and I’ll be following the post for updates!

With the changes being made to the security entrances (at least at MK and Epcot), I'm wondering if they will find a way to increase the "security bubble" enough that some of the hopping can occur within it? For example, if they could make it so at least you could hop between MK and Epcot, via monorail, without having to go through security again? That would be awesome. I think that will be next to impossible with AK.
I am so confused, I hopped between EPCOT AND MK without going through security a second time in January and that was in both directions.

Yes express bus was park to park and you bypasses security.
Why can't they let the Minnievan do that? Drive people from park to park, skip the entrance search. Use the same parking location for the Express buses. There weren't enough people doing it with the buses, but the Minnievan is much more flexible.

Last edited:
For some people perhaps, but for others it would be worthwhile. No, I don't think they will allow multiple Tier 1 on the same day as part of the initial 3.
Agreed. I don't care about Tier 1. I just want to book the lower tier rides in other parks. Right now, say if I go to AK, I get FOP for the kids and get junk (that I don't go on) for the rest of the fastpasses so that the fastpasses are used up and I can use additional fastpasses in another park. But what I really want is not get junk in AK but rather get less popular rides in another park, like Figment. I mean, most of the time for Figment or Nemo, you don't need fastpasses, but you never really know. It's nice to have a fastpass, just in case, rather than have it wasted in AK.

Why can't they let the Minnievan do that? Drive people from park to park, skip the entrance search. Use the same parking location for the Express buses. There weren't enough people doing it with the buses, but the Minnievan is much more flexible.
Minnie vans are like an Uber. They pick you up outside the park and drop you off outside. They would have to have specific in park Minnie vans.

Minnie vans are like an Uber. They pick you up outside the park and drop you off outside. They would have to have specific in park Minnie vans.
They wouldn't have to have park specific Minnie Vans, just pickup and drop off locations inside the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter