Something About Nothing............ #14

Day 3 of the great office dry out. I am trying to do homework but it’s hard to concentrate with these loud fans going.

Nothing else interesting going on. This would have been a good week for a vacation.

Hope it gets a little quieter so you can do some schoolwork.

Is it bad I have no clue who or what Figment is :blush:

Maybe? JK He was the highlight of Epcot for me in the early days of the park. Not quite sure what that says about my mind :upsidedow

they ‘dreamed’ him up in early 80’s. Figment is the literal embodiment of the phrase "figment of the imagination". A little trippy, Seth Rogan is probably the perfect person to produce the new movie in development.

Speaking of movies, After sharing my theory yesterday alluding nefarious things afoot as retaliation due to our country’s aid to Ukraine’s efforts to defend themselves; thot of this old movie. Anyone remember it? Dated and bit of a farce. Note to self to view again

View attachment 738341
Charade I hope servicepro remediates the issue. Last thing u need to do is sit in office with breathing potential mold. :wizard:

Oh, I thought it was from a movie I’d never heard of…..lol……that explains it, it’s been 15 years since we visited Epcot! I guessed it was something to do with the word figment, but assumed he was a character! I’m not much up on Disney stuff…….

I remember that movie! Love Alan Arkin.

I decided to make sushi for lunch…….not a great success, but edible so that was ok. We bought some very fresh salmon and tuna to make it this morning while on our walk, it was delicious but my rice didn’t turn out as it should and my avocado was a little too mushy. I did enjoy the store bought sushi ginger and wasabi. It’ll be a while before I make that again.

Walk was good, reached 2 and a half miles in a good time, it was a gorgeous morning so the sea looked lovely, quite busy though.

Going to have the rest of the salmon tonight for dinner and try to make some ahi tuna with the small bit of tuna we have left as an appetiser.

Time for tea…….

My kids both loved figment. Purple guy. I think we have a stuffie of him somewhere or had. Little one was very little when she got it, and I think almost no stuffed animals was years ago now.

Sunny ☀️. Woot! Eh, back to routine I have to go.

Ugh Charade. I, for one, so not like the sound of large fans. Hope all does dry out and not only mold, but not stink.

It's hump dy....and the weekend is in sight!

Quiet evening last night. Whipped up the stir-fry - that is NOT a family favorite, but everyone ate it, as they didn't have to cook it. It didn't surprise me that larger than normal night snacks were being prepared and eaten :rolleyes1

I got a short session in at the gym on the dreadmill. By the time I got my butt in gear after I sat down after dinner, it was pretty late. But any movement is better than no movement ;)

We bright clear beautiful skies here this AM. The blue this morning reminds me of warmer tropical climate skies. 23 days until Vegas :banana: and 75 until Orlando. Crossing my fingers that the Orlando trip goes ahead. Work is extremely busy for dh...so I am hoping that timelines of projects line up right and we can get away :sad1:

I am not a fancy cook, but I can do up a fine chicken dinner.
Chicken dinner is a favorite in our household.
Going to laze around hotel pool then, dinner at The Boathouse and onto Epcot for the late night event
:beach: That sounds like a perfect way to spend the day. Technology is great when it works...but a PIA when it doesn't. I'm sure you meal at the boathouse was amazing. Dh and I still talk about our meal we had there. Have the " Shipwreck" drink for me please :drinking1 That was probably the tastiest drink I had the whole trip - I still talk about it lol. Happy Anniversary!
planning a walk again, will try and walk longer than 2 miles, we were used to doing anything from 6 - 10 miles in a day, so it feels as though we`ve got a lot of building up to do. We did go a lot faster yesterday and the knee survived it, but will concentrate on distance now by extending a little every day.
IT sounds like you have a great plan for getting your knee back in shape. Physio is hard work...but so is living with a part of your body that doesn't /can't work right either and hinders things you like to do.
And no need to put those shorts away. Seeing 60’s in our 7 day forecast. We are in February, right? Though the little bit of snow, .03 inches, we got when we were away, has been the only snow we have seen for 325 days before that snow last week. I’m not complaining. No more snow this winter? Okay with me.
That sounds like my kind of winter!!!! Enjoy those temps!
Day 3 of the great office dry out. I am trying to do homework but it’s hard to concentrate with these loud fans going.
I sure hope there is no mold starting to happen. HOpefully it dries out soon, and the fans are gone - making it easier to concentrate.

Well, I should go track down some papers to shuffle. My tea is gone...so it's time to get some work done.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Carl Reiner movies always a good hit.
So we’re his tv shows

Many stars in that above listed movie
I liked those all-star casts. It’s a mad, mad world another I loved of that genre
decided to make sushi for lunch…….not a great success, but edible so that was ok.
Points for trying. I gave up After 2nd attempt, tasted fine. The wrapper didn’t hold it all correctly when it got to slicing. Somebody said likely I didnt use the correct rice. I just used short grain. :confused3
I'm sure you meal at the boathouse was amazing. Dh and I still talk about our meal we had there. Have the " Shipwreck" drink for me please :drinking1
Tonight, we’ll I moved it up to 4 pm as we found out getting 3 snack vouchers each for the Dvc thing. Do t want to be too stuffed

Have been eyeing up reviews all day, drooling. I’m partial to the duck, duck raz…you only need one and get a free mini rubber duckie…what’s not to love?

My youngest DS, who honed his drinking skills in college, had one shipwreck. Wound up going back to room after dinner in lieu of walking over to see harmonious afterwards from our room. We still tease him for not being able to hang with the big dogs. Actually, he developed ashellfish allergy when he hit his late teens. thinking the air in there just May have been enough to set him off :confused3

It's hump dy....and the weekend is in sight!

Quiet evening last night. Whipped up the stir-fry - that is NOT a family favorite, but everyone ate it, as they didn't have to cook it. It didn't surprise me that larger than normal night snacks were being prepared and eaten :rolleyes1

I got a short session in at the gym on the dreadmill. By the time I got my butt in gear after I sat down after dinner, it was pretty late. But any movement is better than no movement ;)

We bright clear beautiful skies here this AM. The blue this morning reminds me of warmer tropical climate skies. 23 days until Vegas :banana: and 75 until Orlando. Crossing my fingers that the Orlando trip goes ahead. Work is extremely busy for dh...so I am hoping that timelines of projects line up right and we can get away :sad1:

Chicken dinner is a favorite in our household.

:beach: That sounds like a perfect way to spend the day. Technology is great when it works...but a PIA when it doesn't. I'm sure you meal at the boathouse was amazing. Dh and I still talk about our meal we had there. Have the " Shipwreck" drink for me please :drinking1 That was probably the tastiest drink I had the whole trip - I still talk about it lol. Happy Anniversary!

That sounds like my kind of winter!!!! Enjoy those temps!

I sure hope there is no mold starting to happen. HOpefully it dries out soon, and the fans are gone - making it easier to concentrate.

Well, I should go track down some papers to shuffle. My tea is gone...so it's time to get some work done.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Exciting countdowns for you.....I think we are at 80 days till Orlando.....not that I count of course.......I hope you do make it for that trip.

Skies are gorgeous when they`re like that, even in the cold.

Enjoy some more tea......

I liked those all-star casts. It’s a mad, mad world another I loved of that genre

Points for trying. I gave up After 2nd attempt, tasted fine. The wrapper didn’t hold it all correctly when it got to slicing. Somebody said likely I didnt use the correct rice. I just used short grain. :confused3

Tonight, we’ll I moved it up to 4 pm as we found out getting 3 snack vouchers each for the Dvc thing. Do t want to be too stuffed

Have been eyeing up reviews all day, drooling. I’m partial to the duck, duck raz…you only need one and get a free mini rubber duckie…what’s not to love?

My youngest DS, who honed his drinking skills in college, had one shipwreck. Wound up going back to room after dinner in lieu of walking over to see harmonious afterwards from our room. We still tease him for not being able to hang with the big dogs. Actually, he developed ashellfish allergy when he hit his late teens. thinking the air in there just May have been enough to set him off :confused3

lol..... "It was under a big W. Say what is a big W?"

I loved that movie, I imagine it would be quite dated now, haven`t seen it for years and yes, quite the all star cast. I love the Peter Ustinov as Poirot movies, filled with genuine legends.

I need to try that cocktail if we get back to Boathouse, we did enjoy it there. Talking on hanging with the big dogs....one of my trips to New York, my aunt and cousins took mum and I over to Fire Island....told me of this cocktail one of the restaurants sold that you can only drink one of them called Rocket Fuel. Of course, Carole had to order one....they watched me like a hawk as I sipped it, then sipped some more, then drank the lot. Their eyes widened after every sip.....lol.....it wasn`t as strong as they described. One of the husbands ordered one and I ordered another.....I was fine, he was ok after he had something to eat......teased him about it for the longest time!! Apparently it`s well known for knocking folks out...... 😁

I used sushi rice as generic rice is something I never really have in the store cupboards.....I cooked it as usual, or so I thought, but just didn`t work out. Ahi Tuna worked out better tonight, hard to go wrong there though.

Enjoy your meals at Boathouse......:wave2:

Dinner was lovely, ahi tuna was as rare as it should be, right amount of pepper and spice on the outside and salmon was nice as ever. Felt a very light and healthy dinner for the time of year, we have a lot of casserole or winter warming dishes this time of year.

Got some washing out on the line for the first time this year, I love being able to hang it all out.

Next two days will be baking for the charity event on Saturday, everyone is doing their bit from what I hear. Went out today and stocked up on everything I was short of so I didn`t run out.

And Friday we get our flooring down in two of the bedrooms!! Getting closer to finishing......suggested to Tom today we get the place valued and maybe move.....:duck:

Last edited:
My youngest DS, who honed his drinking skills in college, had one shipwreck. Wound up going back to room after dinner in lieu of walking over to see harmonious afterwards from our room. We still tease him for not being able to hang with the big dogs.
:laughing: It hit me hard too!!!!! It was our arrival day, we had not really eaten besides what we got on the plane, and very little sleep as we took a red eye flight to Toronto, then Toronto to Orlando. Dh was laughing at me....I was soooo tired, that I could hardly keep my open on the way back to the hotel :rotfl: The meal and drinks were great! It is a heavy poured drink for sure. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so big either lol. IT was bigger than anything we get around here.
Next two days will be baking for the charity event on Saturday, everyone is doing their bit from what I hear. Went out today and stocked up on everything I was short of so I didn`t run out.
I love baking for things like that! Enjoy your baking!!!!

Ooh, yep, with a commuting day, was sound asleep when Mac posts.

After being in my office for an hour, still looks like this:
40CC110D-E119-4F33-9BAD-443E4D3A9837.jpeg

But no matter, the City is bustling, even in this early morning hours. I was not the only car coming into where I am. It’s an all hands in today, so here I am. At least I hope not seeing the rain they are saying to fall around dinnertime. But woot! Close to 60 this afternoon. 59 the high.

And so, hot water from a bottle tap, hot enough to steep my tea. Ah, and took my suit jacket off. Kinda warm already in the office, and will only get warmer with it so warm for February. Though he he, did feel my heater blowing some warmth into the vents. Was nice when getting out if the shower. Not as nice as I hurried out the door with jacket over my suit. Think that jacket and my suit jacket may be in the bag to go home, with my departure late afternoon. Heat of the day time leaving. Time of year, cool, 38 was the outdoor temperature from my outside thermometer, but warm enough in afternoon, feel like changing to lighter weight clothes. Or,
leave the jacket where you were. 😊

Thus, a day to drink up, no I’m that lightweight drinker. Can maybe hang with the teenie tiny dogs. But to be fair, I rarely drink alcohol, thus have no built up tolerance for such. Though have to say, was certainly built up during my college days. And so, my drink of the day is tea. Yep, tea drinker here. I was glad not all the tea was tossed into the sea. No English in me, but my mom only drank tea, never coffee, and I guess I like tea, from drinking it from a very young age. Though I do like coffee, and my dad was only a coffee drinker, so I got a very watered down with milk, coffee when very young. For a long time now, I drink my coffee it hot with nothing added. If iced, with some half and half, as not liking milk in my iced coffee since a teen.

So with that drinking. Hope Keisha enjoys her early dinner tonight, and hope still having a fabulous time.

Thirsty Thursday is here today. You know, the one I have to commute, and enjoy a three day weekend, as decided to end my work day routine today. Can’t have that full week, until next week, as shorter week after lazy week is certainly needed.

Terrific Thirsty Thursday.

:laughing: It hit me hard too!!!!! It was our arrival day, we had not really eaten besides what we got on the plane, and very little sleep as we took a red eye flight to Toronto, then Toronto to Orlando. Dh was laughing at me....I was soooo tired, that I could hardly keep my open on the way back to the hotel :rotfl: The meal and drinks were great! It is a heavy poured drink for sure. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so big either lol. IT was bigger than anything we get around here.

I love baking for things like that! Enjoy your baking!!!!

Thanks, I do like baking, my friends are much better bakers than I am. well most of them, so between us we do make a some lovely stuff.....as our waistlines show!!

I have no idea where my day went today!
I meant to check in here much earlier.

Most of the homies are sleeping now

sweet dreams for all!
See you in the morning.

Days are passing so fast!! Yep, we were all asleep when you posted.....no one is around when I get up usually, so it`s always nice to see you there some mornings!

It’s morning time now!
What a nice I had…

Good morning homies!

Good morning sunshine!!! Glad you slept well....... :sunny:

Well, the best laid plans....

Set out a walk this morning early with our friends and their dogs, Tom got a call from the floor/carpet fitters asking if they could put in the flooring around late morning today instead of tomorrow, well, the rooms had to be cleared first. So, Tom and Henry decided they`d manage it in a few hours, so they set off back to our home, happily Felicity and I kept walking.....avoided the hard work.....:rolleyes1

This is a view!!!! It is gorgeous.

i-8rW9HKT-XL.jpg

It is cold though, around 38F this morning, but so beautiful.

The dogs were brilliant too, I do enjoy walking them when we get the chance. The biggest of her 3 dogs is Kaiser, is a huge German Shepherd, he is their guard dog at the stables, but knows when he`s not working and is a softie.

Had a light lunch of seafood salads and then we walked back to her car and she brought me back here.

Flooring was all done, they did a fabulous job of clearing a lot of furniture!! Although the bed in our room was being dismantled....our huge four poster bed is going to someone who wanted it and hopefully it`ll be fine rebuilding it, these handmade items really aren`t meant to be taken apart.

I do love the flooring though.....in both rooms.

Now to put it all back together.......rather conveniently Henry and Felicity have gone.......lol....we can take out time getting it all back together, our new bed and furniture are coming on Monday, then we`ll be done.

So, busy afternoon, no baking today, but will get it all done tonight and tomorrow, well, after our walk tomorrow.

Dinner will be quick and easy, roast some chicken thighs coated in Nashville hot seasoning, served with spicy & fruity couscous with salad. Then sit down with a G&T as I bake tonight I think.

i-hCDmjk3-S.gif

cv3072-S.jpg

cv36-S.png

Happy Thursday :flower3:

Last edited:
It's the thirsty Thursday feeling.

Quiet evening last night. Talked to gd, as they are going away for a quick weekend getaway. Had to get in a little chat with her and dd before they head to Toronto for a surprise birthday celebration.

Getting excited now, we have tickets for a concert on Saturday in the city. We will be going down with my bil and his fiance. We are doing a big of a splurge and staying at a hotel next door to the area where the concert is. By the time we would pay for parking if taking the train or an uber to and from the concert if we stayed farther away - it would have cost us almost the same amount of money. So we splurged and are staying at a fancier hotel where we can hit an awesome steak house before the concert then walk a little farther to the concert! It will be a nice little weekend getaway for us as well. I am looking forward to seeing this one. Another performer crossed off my bucket list!

Dh and I were talking and about all we want to do while in Vegas. Other than race day - which we still have zero idea how we will get to the speedway - we will only have 2 days. I/We have a couple things we want to focus on. We still need to decide on where we want to have one nice dinner out at one of the many trendy restaurants in the city. So many places to see, and only so little time.

Well, off to find some papers to shuffle around. My tea is now gone, so it's time to get to work.

Have a great day everyone!

Quiet evening last night. Talked to gd, as they are going away for a quick weekend getaway. Had to get in a little chat with her and dd before they head to Toronto for a surprise birthday celebration.

Getting excited now, we have tickets for a concert on Saturday in the city. We will be going down with my bil and his fiance. We are doing a big of a splurge and staying at a hotel next door to the area where the concert is. By the time we would pay for parking if taking the train or an uber to and from the concert if we stayed farther away - it would have cost us almost the same amount of money. So we splurged and are staying at a fancier hotel where we can hit an awesome steak house before the concert then walk a little farther to the concert! It will be a nice little weekend getaway for us as well. I am looking forward to seeing this one. Another performer crossed off my bucket list!

Dh and I were talking and about all we want to do while in Vegas. Other than race day - which we still have zero idea how we will get to the speedway - we will only have 2 days. I/We have a couple things we want to focus on. We still need to decide on where we want to have one nice dinner out at one of the many trendy restaurants in the city. So many places to see, and only so little time.

Well, off to find some papers to shuffle around. My tea is now gone, so it's time to get to work.

Hi Pumpkin! We have gone to Vegas several times, and it always seemed like we missed a lot to see and do. We haven't been for several years, but did enjoy staying at the Mirage and seeing the white tiger compound. We usually toured all the casino's we could just to see their decor. The only one we missed was the Luxor. I really wanted to see that but didn't have the time. We took the side trip to the Hoover Dam which was frightening and interesting. LOL
We never ever came out of there ahead! We usually lost everything we brought, but had a great time with good food and shows:). There are a lot of shows at each casino that are fun, and concerts too.

I know you will have fun and can't wait to hear how it all goes:)

ruth

Thanks, I do like baking, my friends are much better bakers than I am. well most of them, so between us we do make a some lovely stuff.....as our waistlines show!!

Days are passing so fast!! Yep, we were all asleep when you posted.....no one is around when I get up usually, so it`s always nice to see you there some mornings!

Good morning sunshine!!! Glad you slept well....... :sunny:

Well, the best laid plans....

Set out a walk this morning early with our friends and their dogs, Tom got a call from the floor/carpet fitters asking if they could put in the flooring around late morning today instead of tomorrow, well, the rooms had to be cleared first. So, Tom and Henry decided they`d manage it in a few hours, so they set off back to our home, happily Felicity and I kept walking.....avoided the hard work.....:rolleyes1

i-8rW9HKT-XL.jpg

It is cold though, around 38F this morning, but so beautiful.

The dogs were brilliant too, I do enjoy walking them when we get the chance. The biggest of her 3 dogs is Kaiser, is a huge German Shepherd, he is their guard dog at the stables, but knows when he`s not working and is a softie. We stopped off for an early lunch together in one of the cafe`s that allow dogs, when we sat down weirdly he kept nudging my knee and licking it, as if trying to let me know there was something wrong with it. He is gorgeous.

Had a light lunch of seafood salads and then we walked back to her car and she brought me back here.

Flooring was all done, they did a fabulous job of clearing a lot of furniture!! Although the bed in our room was being dismantled....our huge four poster bed is going to someone who wanted it and hopefully it`ll be fine rebuilding it, these handmade items really aren`t meant to be taken apart.

I do love the flooring though.....in both rooms.

Now to put it all back together.......rather conveniently Henry and Felicity have gone.......lol....we can take out time getting it all back together, our new bed and furniture are coming on Monday, then we`ll be done.

So, busy afternoon, no baking today, but will get it all done tonight and tomorrow, well, after our walk tomorrow.

Dinner will be quick and easy, roast some chicken thighs coated in Nashville hot seasoning, served with spicy & fruity couscous with salad. Then sit down with a G&T as I bake tonight I think.
Hi Carole:

Your early morning walk along the waterfront looks wonderful, even though it's 38 degrees out. I usually don't get out to walk much in the winter. It's too dangerous with all the ice and packed snow, so I stay away from that and I do miss it. Maybe this year we will be able to go on our path through our woods again, IF the bears stay away! Last year I only walked the path once and missed that. I'm hoping that was an only incident, as we couldn't enjoy our yard much with all the bears coming around!

I'm so glad you got your floors done and all is coming together for you. :) It sounds beautiful.

You know I don't like to cook much, but I LOVE to bake. I just made a walnut cake today and am gong to ice it with a caramel icing. Yum! Our oven was on the fritz for 2 weeks but we finally got it fixed and I am baking now!

I can't stop thinking about your comments about your casseroles not containing much cheese?! I think we are talking about 2 different things here, as most of our casseroles have cheese in them. Roger hates most cheese and I had to learn how to cook without cheese, mainly casseroles. We also call casseroles hot dishes up her in N. Minnesota. So, maybe a hot dish is different in the UK too? It's interesting to hear the differences between our countries in baking or cooking. I still don't get how cookies can be called biscuits??? LOL! I think of fluffy biscuits with gravy or traditionally with breakfast foods. Anyway, I find it all interesting.

Have a good day,

ruth

i-hCDmjk3-S.gif

cv3072-S.jpg

cv36-S.png

Happy Thursday :flower3:

I realised we haven`t been to a concert for ages! And yes, we love staying in hotels and eating in nice restaurants......bliss!!! Hope he concert is fun!

Hi Carole:

Your early morning walk along the waterfront looks wonderful, even though it's 38 degrees out. I usually don't get out to walk much in the winter. It's too dangerous with all the ice and packed snow, so I stay away from that and I do miss it. Maybe this year we will be able to go on our path through our woods again, IF the bears stay away! Last year I only walked the path once and missed that. I'm hoping that was an only incident, as we couldn't enjoy our yard much with all the bears coming around!

I'm so glad you got your floors done and all is coming together for you. :) It sounds beautiful.

You know I don't like to cook much, but I LOVE to bake. I just made a walnut cake today and am gong to ice it with a caramel icing. Yum! Our oven was on the fritz for 2 weeks but we finally got it fixed and I am baking now!

I can't stop thinking about your comments about your casseroles not containing much cheese?! I think we are talking about 2 different things here, as most of our casseroles have cheese in them. Roger hates most cheese and I had to learn how to cook without cheese, mainly casseroles. We also call casseroles hot dishes up her in N. Minnesota. So, maybe a hot dish is different in the UK too? It's interesting to hear the differences between our countries in baking or cooking. I still don't get how cookies can be called biscuits??? LOL! I think of fluffy biscuits with gravy or traditionally with breakfast foods. Anyway, I find it all interesting.

Have a good day,

ruth

Yes, biscuits is something sweet we have with a cup of tea, be it chocolate or a plain style, although still sweet.

Casseroles here are usually mostly liquid, whether it be chicken/beef stock in white wine, cream or red wine, ale or similar......we thicken it to serve usually. One of the dishes I love in America is sweet potato casserole....which is not a casserole to me, just a side dish.....but I agree, we speak the same language, but with massive differences. I`ve never heard the term hot dish, other than the actual dish food is served in is hot......lol.....

Biscuits in the States is more like our scones, not served with gravy but with butter, cream and jam......very different dishes......a cookie is a special type of biscuit here.....lol....

Our weather although cold, we don`t get the extremes you do for sure, but we don`t have to worry about bears!! Our Keisha posted a picture a few years ago of a bear near her home....scary indeed! We have foxes and deer, some foxes are quite tame and will wander up to you, deers are the same but it`s rare. We have fruit trees so the deers do like them, but although we know we`d never hurt them, they don`t always know that.

I forget when this was taken but they do wander close to us. Not the best quality as it was from a phone, they can be a little blurry.

cv56-M.jpg

Enjoy that cake, love caramel icing!!! Not fond of nuts in anything unless they`re flavoured and served as a savoury snack! But, glad your oven is back in working order again.

Yes, we are pleased the way everything has worked out, everything looks so new and fresh.

We are whooped!

But, everything that can be put back in it`s place, is in it`s place. Gotta love new flooring when everything has been decorated with new drapes, blinds and all new bedding, although that will wait till Monday. Only a few more nights of sleeping in one of the spare rooms.

Dinner is over and going to have a very large pink gin tonight, Tom is going to have a beer.....I think we deserve it and laze along the sofa`s with the tv on........ ::yes::

Good evening. I am having a quiet night at home. I will probably spend most of the weekend on homework.
Today was hopefully the last day with the fans. Someone from my boss' insurance company came by to document the damage. Hopefully we will avoid any mold problems. We got ServPro in the same day that we got the water damage.

they ‘dreamed’ him up in early 80’s. Figment is the literal embodiment of the phrase "figment of the imagination". A little trippy, Seth Rogan is probably the perfect person to produce the new movie in development.
I didn't know there was a Figment movie in the works. I have a friend who loved Figment. She is going to love this.

Beautiful picture. That beach always looks so tranquil.

Dh and I were talking and about all we want to do while in Vegas.
Oooh...so many choices. I've only been to Vegas once and that was 22 years ago.

I've gotten a little more planned for our Disneyland vacation. They are still requiring park reservations, so I have made all of ours taking care to avoid grad nights. Next up will be dining reservations, but I won't be able to do those until Apri.

I have never been to disneyland, only have done Disney in Orlando.
Charade ( and anyone else who has) is the park bigger and better in CA?

I thought I would have a peaceful evening watching tv this evening but did not

My cats have been fighting with each other and for the last two hours have them in separate rooms for a time out.

It’s kind of like reliving when my boys would fight and had to do a time out in separate rooms.

Charade ( and anyone else who has) is the park bigger and better in CA?
Disneyland is smaller than Disney World. There are 2 parks in CA, Disneyland and California Adventure. DL and CA are close together. You can easily get walk from one to the other. DL and WDW have many similarities, but there are enough differences to make the visit to DL worth it. B wants to visit DL again because they now have a section devoted to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Thanks charade.
I know very little of Disneyland and was curious.
I imagine many like to hit all the Disney parks.

When I was a kid used to watch Wonderful World of Disney and thought it was a huge park.

I have only gone to the Orlando Disney parks.

I forgot to buy a valentines card today.
Went out for an errand without my list

I am not waiting for the last minute this year like I tend to do.

Nothing like a little romance on Valentine`s Day.

We never go out on the night itself, menu`s are often set and we prefer more choice, but I will be cooking a special romantic dinner for us.......candles, nice wine, the lot. I always get flowers from Tom although he does still get me fresh flowers every Friday....has done since we met. He`s very much the romantic too.

So Chateaubriand for us Tuesday night with all his favourite foods. I doubt it`ll be as good as the one Chef Carlos cooked for our anniversary in Strong Water Bar, but we`ll do it nicely I hope.

Good evening. I am having a quiet night at home. I will probably spend most of the weekend on homework.
Today was hopefully the last day with the fans. Someone from my boss' insurance company came by to document the damage. Hopefully we will avoid any mold problems. We got ServPro in the same day that we got the water damage.

I didn't know there was a Figment movie in the works. I have a friend who loved Figment. She is going to love this.

Beautiful picture. That beach always looks so tranquil.

Oooh...so many choices. I've only been to Vegas once and that was 22 years ago.

I've gotten a little more planned for our Disneyland vacation. They are still requiring park reservations, so I have made all of ours taking care to avoid grad nights. Next up will be dining reservations, but I won't be able to do those until Apri.

We have gorgeous beaches here, we`re very lucky where we live and I`ve always lived beside the sea apart from when we lived abroad for a time, wouldn`t choose to live anywhere else. Although I do think our West Coast beaches are more scenic as we have palm trees along them. It is very tranquil and runs for miles.

Thanks charade.
I know very little of Disneyland and was curious.
I imagine many like to hit all the Disney parks.

When I was a kid used to watch Wonderful World of Disney and thought it was a huge park.

I have only gone to the Orlando Disney parks.

Folks ask why we never go to the California parks, even the Uni parks there don`t seem to hold an appeal for us. One of our friends who works at Universal put us off the parks there when he described them to us. I think even if we do venture out that way, I doubt it would be for the parks.

Hope those kitties behaved themselves!!

Looks like another mildish day.....into the low 50`s but will be extra windy by lunchtime.

Managed to get a whole load of baking done last night, more than I thought I would, so will finish off this afternoon and this evening and get out and do some shopping this morning. Still looking for four bedroom lamps that will go with all the changes and compliment the rather large lampshades I bought for the ceiling lights, might get away with three lamps though.

Will drop off the baking I`ve already done before we head off this morning. It`s hard not to nibble!!!

Coronation chicken in a wrap for lunch today and got a couple of steaks for tonight for us.....filet for me, T-Bone for Tom, he`ll cook them while I prepare the sides.

Time for breakfast.......and tea, lots of tea of course. 😁

i-WhVjxpz-S.jpg

cv37-S.jpg

cv38-S.png

Happy Friday 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter