Something About Nothing............ #14

Just heard U is open for guests only tomorrow-hooray

Crickets from WDW😳

Maybe gatorland lol

Safe travels to all, at least we were able to login in for tomorrow’s late flight just now.

I just posted the tweet on another thread Janet, yes good news……

I’m sure I read Disney was opening on another board??? Although if that’s not correct it was someone called Gloria who told me…..:rolleyes1

Pleased for them, but gutted our friends Matt and Rob are going home tomorrow……we’ve spent almost every breakfast and evening in the CL together and laughed so much……but glad they’re getting home to their doggy….

Laziest night ever tonight……Orchids was mobbed beyond belief with waits for tables, Jake’s was also crazy, so we didn’t bother.

Will see what tomorrow brings us.

Yes, safe travels to mac and Keisha……..glad the flights are going ahead.

So glad everyone is safe and being taken care of. I was glad my daughter and I were home prior to the hurricane's arrival. The video from the SW of the state is just heartbreaking.
The couple who used to live for years across from my late parents' home on Cape Cod used to be snowbirds and go to Florida every winter. A few years after my dad died, they made the permanent move to Naples. I don't keep in touch with them anymore, but they were in my thoughts yesterday. He's an ex state trooper, so I'm sure they were informed and got out in time, but I worry about their home. One of my nurse friends moved to Venice about 10 years ago with her husband and family and I think about them as well.

Hi everyone :) We are here now at RPR, but struggling to keep our 5 kids (traveling w/friends) entertained over the last 2 days. The ballroom activities have been a godsend, idk what we would have done without that option open! I’m not sure the parks will be open tomorrow - When you go to buy tickets online (just tested, for science), it has IAO and USF marked as closed (and no ticket sales), VB and citywalk open (VB allowing for ticket sales). I wish they’d communicate with us more - if the parks are going to be closed, it is what it is and I totally understand why, but just put me out of my misery and let us know either way already 🤣😭 In all seriousness, the flooding in and around the parks looks pretty serious.

Hi everyone :) We are here now at RPR, but struggling to keep our 5 kids (traveling w/friends) entertained over the last 2 days. The ballroom activities have been a godsend, idk what we would have done without that option open! I’m not sure the parks will be open tomorrow - When you go to buy tickets online (just tested, for science), it has IAO and USF marked as closed (and no ticket sales), VB and citywalk open (VB allowing for ticket sales). I wish they’d communicate with us more - if the parks are going to be closed, it is what it is and I totally understand why, but just put me out of my misery and let us know either way already 🤣😭 In all seriousness, the flooding in and around the parks looks pretty serious.
Parks are open to hotel guests only tomorrow.

Universal Orlando Resort has made the following operational decisions due to Hurricane Ian:
We continue to conduct assessment and recovery efforts across our entire destination with the safety of our guests and team members being our top priority. We expect to begin a phased reopen of portions of our destination for our hotel guests only beginning Friday, Sept. 30. We will update our website and social channels with information on Park hours as conditions allow.

Universal Orlando Resort has made the following operational decisions due to Hurricane Ian:
We continue to conduct assessment and recovery efforts across our entire destination with the safety of our guests and team members being our top priority. We expect to begin a phased reopen of portions of our destination for our hotel guests only beginning Friday, Sept. 30. We will update our website and social channels with information on Park hours as conditions allow.
Maybe! The only hours listed tomorrow are for VB and Citywalk. Thinking that’s why they are saying ‘portions’ will open… but we’ll see. The people working the concierge desk do not think the parks will be open, just the water park :/ But, no official word from Universal yet, so who knows.

Maybe! The only hours listed tomorrow are for VB and Citywalk. Thinking that’s why they are saying ‘portions’ will open… but we’ll see. The people working the concierge desk do not think the parks will be open, just the water park :/ But, no official word from Universal yet, so who knows.
Wow. Yes, I guess we will have to see.

We were told as the pool was opening there are no more activities in the ballroom areas from tomorrow. I saw the schedules for the activities and it certainly did a good job keeping kids amused.

No parks as of yet.

I agree with ladyderks, the flooding was bad.

So glad everyone is safe and being taken care of. I was glad my daughter and I were home prior to the hurricane's arrival. The video from the SW of the state is just heartbreaking.
The couple who used to live for years across from my late parents' home on Cape Cod used to be snowbirds and go to Florida every winter. A few years after my dad died, they made the permanent move to Naples. I don't keep in touch with them anymore, but they were in my thoughts yesterday. He's an ex state trooper, so I'm sure they were informed and got out in time, but I worry about their home. One of my nurse friends moved to Venice about 10 years ago with her husband and family and I think about them as well.

Glad you made it home Aurora with your daughter.

I agree, some of the stories on the news are heartbreaking.

Fabulous Friday is here. And what a joy to see the sunshine pouring into my windows.

Will still keep my fingered crossed, but yesterday, SW was asking me to change my flight. Today, it says please check in 24 hours before your flight. Woot! Hoping I will be getting home tomorrow night, just as planned when I booked that time and day.

With that, very safe travels to Mac and Keisha today.

And whatever is open today, I will support going to whatever Universal says it’s opening today. VB time is okay with me. Will feel good to be in fresh air and sunshine today.

Yea! Same’ish’ down at WDW but In waves.

Mgm our res for today. On-site
Guests get in 2 hours early 10-noon, then all with a res can come on down

The comments as to U being closed to non resort guests on Twitter are beyond the realm of bad taste.

Unbelievable how people can be so clueless as to the plight of many of the park workers:sad2:

I’ve observed far more than my share of questionable behavior this trip. Maybe it’s the drop in the barometric pressure :rolleyes1?

Regardless, sick to death of seeing people (even in emergency sorts of situation such as this), still trying to get over on the resorts & parks as to perceived bumps in the road.

See you on the other side:wave:

Supposed as said by TM’s here, CityWalk should be open around 1 pm, doubt parks will be open, as lots of cleaning to do. Path is open, but they ask you not to go on it until clean and they say safe.

Offering buses to CityWalk before the boats open, whenever they do. As saw in picture above, there is a boat at our dock, so safe enough to move the boats, which is a good sign. VB is open. I may still go there soon. Waiting until room refreshed. So good weather. Light breeze and just warm enough, shorts are fine.

Lots of people milling about, and Amatista is busy with breakfast eaters, as is the quick service in the lobby. Noisy all around. It’s that stir crazy time. And poor kids, no characters or ballroom fun today.

Dad just told his kids we are going to the park today as he passed me sitting outside Amatista. Um yeah. Hehe, they just came back as walked by me yapping away.

Roll with the punches today. At least there is good signs in some areas in the parks and around here, the flooding is gone, and hope more can open soon. Highly doubt HHN tonight. Before the storm hit, saw them breaking down and take away all the kiosks and other they could remove, used in HHN. Will take time to drag that all back and set up. I would think they would take today and tonight to get the parks ready and clear and safe, to be open tomorrow,, and no time today.

Lobby is busy with those checking in and out.

Lucky you Keisha. Nope, not even VB is open. On a good note for all the kids, the pool should open soon. This morning, they pulled all the chairs and umbrellas out and set them up. So maybe some pool time today.

On Facebook, TMs some say they are to go in tomorrow, though one attraction TM said not to report tomorrow. Thus even if they do open some of the park, doubt many attractions will be open. If they do open part of CityWalk, will go just to see what food is open. Sigh, unlike Disney not real direction from Universal, as website still no update as to what is happening.

But at least the sun is shining brightly and a clear sky. So for all at staying and wanting to go to Universal, patience and make the best of knowing you are safe and things in the hotels are open.

It's great to hear that things are slowly moving forward and opening the parks is coming - even a partial opening is good ;) It kind of sucks for those who are now going to arrive and want to be in the parks - but if you look at the big picture - it's amazing with all the flooding and water that things are opening back up again. But then again. I really strive to see the glass as half full.

Quiet night in the house last night. I seem to have picked up another cold bug :headache: I have a feeling after not being sick in the last almost 2.5-3 yrs, I will pick up every cold that will go around now :worried: I'm always that person that picks up all the colds/flues. It's just making me tired and a super congested head - again. Oh well, at least my body fights them off

Not sure what is in store for the weekend. I need to get my flower planters cleaned out and ready for next year. I really need to get my windows washed. It doesn't take long to do, it's just the one chore that seems hard to get started doing. I think dh and boys will be packing up the boat for winter and get some of the fall yard prep done as well.

Well, I'm going to start the paper shuffle. My tea is almost gone now - darn it was good! Slower day again here at work.

Have a great day everyone! For those who are travelling - safe travels. I hope there are not too many delays.

Oh Charade, sending you more hugs, hope you find out about your mom’s status.

A8A90ABA-8C8E-48F1-8588-B9EBADD47FBB.jpeg

So close, but never so far. Hmm, will see if open for HHN tonight? TM said was a no, but now a maybe. He said check with media and they will know if a go or not, by mid afternoon. Cross those skeletons fingers all, that even if a scaled down HHN, they still have it tonight.

And as passed by the entrances to the garages at CityWalk, from the very crowded bus ride, have police and TM blocking all entrances to the garages. So seems all here are ones staying onsite.

Don’t know if walkways to Portofino, Royal and Sapphire are passable, but the walkway to get to Hard Rock, is open, and security is at entrance to CityWalk. So they are trying hard to open as much as can. VB is open until 5 tonight. Not sure what I feel like doing. For now, just relaxing outside the Studios, sipping my coffee, and looking at the huge line at guest services. I’m sure those TMs in guest services will certainly earn their pay with the huge amount of people needing help. Thanks to all those hard working TMs. Appreciate their service to us.

Hmm, lady passed by me and aid she saw opening at noon. Find that hard to believe. But Universal has been hard to definitively let us know, hour by hour, what they are doing re: reopening.

What a most pleasant day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!