Something About Nothing............ #14

Well.. I won’t know until 11:15 today if my flight is on
guest services tells me

They will be able to confirm it but later
I am sure it will work out fine

Think I will wander around in the hotel area then check out what to do for lunch

Carole - Loews has no mandatory lock down? Off as they did during Matthew. we had opposite experience last night . I took a video of the sound the wind started to make at 9 pm. It was quite unsettling. Only got worse. Difficult to sleep thru that sort of thing

Wild & wooly night here. On top floor, easily could hear many thumps until 6 am. Haven’t seen any trees down on our Savannah here. A few new ponds from all the rain as ground already saturated, will take time for the storm to be absorbed here

Swan & dolphin had flooding majority outside entry ways

Most highways have submerged areas, esp on on ramps. Much debris about as observed from news reports.

Most here are quite cozy in our tourist bubble. Many thanks to our hosts! Nice to be dry & safe with backup generators if needed to keep things humming Many locals here are without power and those on west coast in absolutely dire straits

WDW hasn’t lifted the hotel guest lockdown in place. Im absolutely Good with it. Think In addition to removal of debris from parks, many employees who live out near Sanford & beyond May still have issues with transportation. Need to play it by ear.

Authorities are urging all to not go out today to keep streets clear for emergencies & those who need to repair downed electric lines, lights & clear the roads to get back to normalcy

Ironic how so many puerto ricans left their island (where 45% still haven’t their power restored from their last big Hurricane event) for Orlando. At least here things are generally put right in a much more timely basis

SWA doesn’t seem to have any flights departing from MCO tomorrow before 3:30 pm at this point. Yesterday evening they did have AM ones still on schedule. Will keep a very close eye on mine & reschedule to Saturday if cancelled

Keisha, unless the airport cannot open tomorrow, the day should be clear and sunny. I hope your evening flight goes as planned.
Thanks, me too. If not, just gotta roll with it. If not, another day in paradise. Actually, cannot wait to see Orlando in my rear view mirror. Lol
am thinking to check in 3 hours out to be on the safe side
See above, ck to see if flight is cancelled up to
The point it’s time to leave for airport

Well, I'm extremely glad to hear you all weathered the storm well. It is great to see the hotels taking (not that they wouldn't) such great care of their guests. And to those who stay to work instead of going to be with their families at home:guilty: I don't know if I would want to see my dh or kids out working while that was happening. As dh and boys are blue collar tradesmen - they would be out working...and I don't know how I would feel about it. Kudos to all those who do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I should start the daily paper shuffle. My tea is delicious and I am thinking I am going to need another one. It's cool in the office today - and it's keeping my hands warm.

Stay safe everyone.. It was good to see all the check-ins and chatter!

Well to be fair, Keisha, was shocked to see two of WDW hotels opened their pools in Wednesday. Here, they were shut down at 2 pm on Wednesday. Very much hope you have clear roads and be on your Friday night flight.

I saw some locals checking out today. I guess they feel like they have to go home. Heard Patty’s house is okay, hope Robo’s is too. I have a family member have a home in Sarasota. Local friend said home has some flooding, but looks okay, and is still there. Good news, I hope for all people having a home or renting one in the path of the hurricane. Also heard Patty’s TM son is okay where he rents. So keep that good news coming.

Eek to JP damage, though. Saw a Tampa hospital have roof blown away, and all had to be wished to two of the four floors having 5 or more feet of water. What a scary time for the patients and medical staff.

Good Morning everyone.

CD9D6C19-A54A-4116-8ACB-F7BC5AEC75F0.jpeg

We’ll certainly make the most of the extra time once this storm passes, but we do feel incredibly grateful it was easy to change and of course the hotel have been wonderful.

Hope things are good where you are Robbie.

We are doing good here Carole. Thank you for asking, it is so kind of you.

I have great respect and admiration for all the staff at the resorts they always go above and beyond. They are truly special. I’am so glad to hear they were able to get your new arrangements sorted.

Had a lovely evening in Strong Water last night. We were spoiled with a special menu Chef Carlos had created for us…..a belated 30th Anniversary meal.

What a very special meal to have prepared for you and Tom. It sounded amazing. Such a nice special anniversary meal.

That is tooooooo funny. Really...people raised an eyebrow. I always comment really loud " how sad and lonely some people must be are if they have to constantly look down on others" I would rather see people out with their happy kids rather than them yelling at them because they are being horrible crotch goblins with no manners or respect for others.
Yes, we just kept on laughing. He is the sweetest little fella. Life is to short. We look for the joy that each day brings. I would happily go fart blasting through Target with my little buddy anytime.

I used to care what people thought many moons ago. Age and life experience helped me let go of that.

Hope you and your family are well.

Yes, usually ravenous with one lol. Was delicious
Looks like a yummy breakfast with lots of options.

Lots of characters and things to do for kids in both hotels’ ballrooms.
So incredibly kind of the resorts to make sure characters are out for the littles to enjoy.

Wow, outside path to RPR is underwater, the whole stretch I can see from where it starts to curve and as far as I can see. Looks up to about up to half of the fence.
Wow that water is high.

Major Blvd. flooding including some vehicles.
JPRA had a hole ripped out of the side.
Pictures are very telling of the damage that the wind and flooding can cause.

It is so good to hear you are all safe and well cared for, but we knew the Resorts would rise to the occasion. They always do. They are awesome.

I heard from my older sister this morning. They still have electricity, but are getting some high winds this morning about 70 mph as the hurricane moves on. She said the winds this morning are worse then the wind last night.

I have seen some of the devastation in the areas along the coast. In Ft. Myer’s there was a video of a shark swimming down the street.

Looks like there is quiet a bit of flooding around some the roads in Orlando.

My heart and prayers go out to those who have lost family and their homes.

I hope all of you who have had to extend your trips are able to get all your flights sorted to get back home soon.

Have a blessed Thursday everyone.

Open house in my room….
come on over and we will watch the trees and bushes sway… lol

Sitting in the lobby as room needs its service. No issue with that. Watched news, I4 and turnpike have flooded parts, turnpike is closed, and parts of I4 are closed. Hope all is cleared by Friday morning. Think that will also be when airport may reopen, when all can get there.
It is crazy. I am trying to picture all the areas from our last trip...and it's mind blowing seeing these areas under water or with so much heavy debris. I am glad your sitting in the lobby where your being taken care of, and that your not somewhere without power, flooding or damage.
We saw images of JP this morning, huge chunk out of the side!
I seen that too :eek:
Most here are quite cozy in our tourist bubble. Many thanks to our hosts! Nice to be dry & safe with backup generators if needed to keep things humming Many locals here are without power and those on west coast in absolutely dire straits

WDW hasn’t lifted the hotel guest lockdown in place. Im absolutely Good with it. Think In addition to removal of debris from parks, many employees who live out near Sanford & beyond May still have issues with transportation. Need to play it by ear.
It's great to be in that bubble right now I'm sure ;)
Yes, we just kept on laughing. He is the sweetest little fella. Life is to short. We look for the joy that each day brings. I would happily go fart blasting through Target with my little buddy anytime.
I'm afraid we (dh & I) would be the ones to initiate behavior like that :rolleyes1 :laughing: We want to have fun and create memories. I couldn't live my life as a Debbie Downer.
I heard from my older sister this morning. They still have electricity, but are getting some high winds this morning about 70 mph as the hurricane moves on. She said the winds this morning are worse then the wind last night.
It's good to hear that your family is safe.

Well, back to shuffling papers.

Well… was going to say I am happy I finally got a flight home for tomorrow

But now I found out, the remodeling work at my house has more work to be done
Mr Mac just told me there are glitches today

If I knew that 2 hours ago, I would have paid to stay Friday night at RP…

My biggest concern now is where do i go to eat tonight…

Last night did the special september deal at hotel restaurant
It was so good may consider it again
$38 for PH 3 course meal plus dessert

Anyone up for it?

I am glad I packed a couple of light and heavier jackets for the trip
It’s too cold for me in the hotel lobby during this stay

I had to walk outside to warm up an hour ago
I have the room temp set at 80 as it can’t go any higher

Room has stayed quite cool since I have been here
It feels like it’s holding at 72

I never did make it to the other park
It was

There are worse places to be stuck during a Hurricane. Have been toasting my toes in lobby since noon.
1FB56A4D-D914-4A2F-9231-ED43BE54DD5F.jpeg
DH & I agree. Atmosphere is same as a nonstop
cruise ship deck party lol. Going to
Have a Halloween costume parade later complete with trick or treating. Smart to keep the kiddos occupied, otherwise they’d turn on us like in lord of the flies :rolleyes1

Carole - Loews has no mandatory lock down? Off as they did during Matthew. we had opposite experience last night . I took a video of the sound the wind started to make at 9 pm. It was quite unsettling. Only got worse. Difficult to sleep thru that sort of thing

Wild & wooly night here. On top floor, easily could hear many thumps until 6 am. Haven’t seen any trees down on our Savannah here. A few new ponds from all the rain as ground already saturated, will take time for the storm to be absorbed here

Swan & dolphin had flooding majority outside entry ways

Most highways have submerged areas, esp on on ramps. Much debris about as observed from news reports.

Authorities are urging all to not go out today to keep streets clear for emergencies & those who need to repair downed electric lines, lights & clear the roads to get back to normalcy

Ironic how so many puerto ricans left their island (where 45% still haven’t their power restored from their last big Hurricane event) for Orlando. At least here things are generally put right in a much more timely basis

SWA doesn’t seem to have any flights departing from MCO tomorrow before 3:30 pm at this point. Yesterday evening they did have AM ones still on schedule. Will keep a very close eye on mine & reschedule to Saturday if cancelled

Thanks, me too. If not, just gotta roll with it. If not, another day in paradise. Actually, cannot wait to see Orlando in my rear view mirror. Lol

See above, ck to see if flight is cancelled up to
The point it’s time to leave for airport

Sorry Janet, I just meant we were meeting them at Islands for lunch.

Islands is open for a special buffet lunch, it was very good actually and we ate with Matt and Rob again. We are full to bursting now!!!

Yes, we feel very safe and secure here too.

Good Morning everyone.

View attachment 706431

We are doing good here Carole. Thank you for asking, it is so kind of you.

I have great respect and admiration for all the staff at the resorts they always go above and beyond. They are truly special. I’am so glad to hear they were able to get your new arrangements sorted.

What a very special meal to have prepared for you and Tom. It sounded amazing. Such a nice special anniversary meal.

I used to care what people thought many moons ago. Age and life experience helped me let go of that.

Hope you and your family are well.

Looks like a yummy breakfast with lots of options.

So incredibly kind of the resorts to make sure characters are out for the littles to enjoy.

Wow that water is high.

Pictures are very telling of the damage that the wind and flooding can cause.

It is so good to hear you are all safe and well cared for, but we knew the Resorts would rise to the occasion. They always do. They are awesome.

I have seen some of the devastation in the areas along the coast. In Ft. Myer’s there was a video of a shark swimming down the street.

Looks like there is quiet a bit of flooding around some the roads in Orlando.

My heart and prayers go out to those who have lost family and their homes.

I hope all of you who have had to extend your trips are able to get all your flights sorted to get back home soon.

Have a blessed Thursday everyone.

I saw the sharks in the street!!! How scary……..glad your sister is ok and no damage for them. Hope it’s the same for you.

Thank you…..it was very special indeed and yes, we are very grateful when the hotel go that extra mile.

There are worse places to be stuck during a Hurricane. Have been toasting my toes in lobby since noon.
View attachment 706467
DH & I agree. Atmosphere is same as a nonstop
cruise ship deck party lol. Going to
Have a Halloween costume parade later complete with trick or treating. Smart to keep the kiddos occupied, otherwise they’d turn on us like in lord of the flies :rolleyes1

That does look cosy!

Yes, lots of activities here for kids/families too. We just popped outside after we had lunch and it is cool to say the least. I’ll stay inside.

I have seen a lot of dogs in RP lobby
Assume locals are staying at the hotel

Yes, locals always check in during hurricanes, and all the staff ride out crew can all bring their animals and family while they stay here, yes, there are a lot of dogs around!

We are filled to bursting after Islands buffet lunch today……it was decent and had some good choices for everyone.

Chilling out for a while now……May snooze again!

Sorry Janet, I just meant we were meeting them at Islands for lunch.

Islands is open for a special buffet lunch, it was very good actually and we ate with Matt and Rob again. We are full to bursting now!!!
Duh missed that, just as well, it’s rather nippy out there today

Also missed Robbie’s sharks??? Gotta read back lol

Well I thought I posted this before, but don’t see it?

Oh well. Here’s a picture of RPR’s pool from the path I took:
D3E1CF22-68EE-4F98-8F79-453C6EA7AA31.jpeg

And nice they continue to have characters around, not counting the repeat of that one from before:
90321750-AE8A-41A2-9CB5-939358E5FB6E.jpeg

44B97FF7-320C-4812-979C-C95E69159CFE.jpeg

How fun is that? Tossed a ball with a kid in our ballrooms, and ate two cups of popcorn they were freely giving out, as smelled them popping it as I entered. So just had to eat that popcorn.

Seems still some rain to fall this evening, as if not too much has already fallen. Very windy now and will be throughout the night. But hoping the predicted clear sky and full sun tomorrow should hopefully help the clearing of the streets for airport to open, and people to travel safely.

Third gray looking day. Sigh. But agree there are much more worse places to be. And my family is nice. All calling to see if I’m okay.

Lynne I only saw one tree downed on Savannah. Pool area here needs cleaned up, pool itself looks clear.

F2DCA15D-4CB0-47B0-92C4-2FBCA9640D6A.jpeg

They didn’t put the pool furniture in pool as they did for Matthew @ RP

Seaworld announced closure tomorrow

Packed up after dinner at boma. At this point could care less about park time,

D3B27687-6533-4183-BD85-874DB077D615.jpeg

Agree, Keisha, I’m ready to go home as I planned. Saw Mac’s late morning flight was delayed until after lunchtime. Makes sense to me, as will take some time for the roads to clear and planes to return too.

Had a great meal in Islands tonight. Not very fond of their Asian style food, but my steak was delicious, and I just had to take back their cute little ying yang, white and chocolate cake. Will make a nice snack after I’m done being beached from that steak dinner. Will make an evening tea to go with it.

Interesting SW is closed tomorrow. I’m thinking Universal may not be far behind in that same announcement. Sad if true, as would be the last night I’d be able to take advantage of my free AP HHN night.

But not that sad, as did buy the fear pass, so was there 6 times, including one night where I had a private tour on a most beautiful weathered night. And Universal said because of the closures already announced, they would be putting out more nights where APs can use their free HHN night. Though have yet to say those additional dates. But since I’ve been here long enough, whatever extra days they say, I highly doubt I’d come back just to do that free night, as thinking will be only in the first week of October.

So another night of relaxing, and that’s fine with me. After all, on vacation, relaxing is what I go on vacation to be. Though a little bit stressing now about my return flight going as planned. But thinking it will, and other than that, what will be will be. I’ve had a great time, met up with friends, and relaxed. Hurricane or not, thankful I have been safe and entertained in the parks and at my hotel during my stay.

Hope all are doing well tonight, and for Mac and Keisha safe travel to airport and safe travels to you both tomorrow.

Yay, waking up tomorrow means a Friday will be here. Woot!

Duh missed that, just as well, it’s rather nippy out there today

Also missed Robbie’s sharks??? Gotta read back lol

lol…..they’re real!!! Going to get warmer though……

Lynne I only saw one tree downed on Savannah. Pool area here needs cleaned up, pool itself looks clear.

View attachment 706568

They didn’t put the pool furniture in pool as they did for Matthew @ RP

Seaworld announced closure tomorrow

Packed up after dinner at boma. At this point could care less about park time,

View attachment 706569

Love that meme!

Didn‘t need dinner tonight after a huge lunch, so we nibbled in the lounge a little and had some wine.

Met two lovely ladies who knew us from the trip reports……Joelle and Lynn…..lovely ladies who we’ll get a picture with tomorrow hopefully.

Maybe do a little bar hopping tonight.

RP pool is looking better already, guys have been clearing it all day and hope to open noon tomorrow along with the bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter