Something About Nothing............ #14

Good Tuesday evening everyone.
View attachment 705825

Drink looks good. Looks like toasted coconut and Pineapple one the glass.

Wow…..That is a big crowd of people in Diagon Alley.

Good to hear you were able to get things taken care of.

Not good to have to rearrange things do to bad weather, but woot to longer vacation.

I saw that. Also saw a photo someone took of Universal disassembling the HHN food stands today

Those mobile trailers need straps with concrete imbedded tie down bars if winds are going to be as bad as they say. Pretty scary.

Talk to older sister and they are ready to hunker done. They have the generator ready and food and supplies. WInd is not only a concern but flooding is a a big issue with the ground being saturated with all the rain that has been going on.

Also when water ways and Creeks overflow then the reptiles that hide out in those areas are flushed out and that is a danger.

Prayers to all…….Lets pray that Ian looses strength before it makes landfall.

On another more cheerful note. I watched little J today and it was his actual 3rd birthday. His party is this weekend. We did some shopping at Target. I put him down out of the cart seat and he picked out some birthday presents. He is my little shopping buddy.

View attachment 705792

View attachment 705793

I showed him these birthday pictures and he liked them.

I brought Little J back one of the large Minion Fart Blasters in July when I was at Universal.

When I watched him last Wednesday we went on trip to Target and guess what he wanted to bring with him. He laughs and says tooted every time he fires the blaster. We merrily tooted through Target with a few raised eyebrows and lots of laughter. Always treasure spending time with my little Sweet great-nephew.

Yep, toasted coconut and pineapple. It was similar to a Pina Colada only it’s supposed to be incredibly strong……..er, not as strong as I expected, but still nice.

Glad the little one had a lovely birthday…..cant believe he’s 3 already……how’d that happen!!

We’ll certainly make the most of the extra time once this storm passes, but we do feel incredibly grateful it was easy to change and of course the hotel have been wonderful.

Hope things are good where you are Robbie.

Quick post. I see that the parks will closing in anticipation of the hurricane. Everyone please stay safe and check in if you can.

Certainly will. There was an issue with the internet all over yesterday, but seems to have been sorted now.

Continued good wishes.

Lol I’ve enjoyed those sans coconut flakes. Never had a bad drink at cheddars

The rum punch at millers tonight went down well enough too. I had already sampled it, long day & all lol

Was not a fan of the new entree of dumplings & ‘tenderloin’. I know sirloin when I chew it

View attachment 705880

That’s weird. I’m using my data on ATT as not a big fan of public internet due to perceived security concerns. Have solid 3 bars, thankfully.

Plan on keeping my two phone chargers fully fired up even tho I hope they have ample generators here

I couldn’t help but notice the drainage ditch on sherbeth rd was already full of water as we driving to Publix and millers. Figure the road will be covered by morning with lots of water & creepy crawlers ugh

That’s sweet. Fire away in the fart gun lol

lol……it was very nice……felt like a real ”Sue Ellen” lush when I said it wasn’t strong……lol…..

Big difference in both cuts, don’t like when they pass off something as something else. Sounds a nice idea for an entree though. Love the picture…….

Yes, have a cosy couple of days…….

came back for an update
Thursday departure changed to a friday departing

who knows if a friday departure will really be a saturday

inquiring minds, wants to know… maybe…

We took our rental car back yesterday and the airport was a madhouse…..never seen such a busy rental car return area ever.

It’s a weird feeling knowing we should be going home today but changing rooms instead.

We said we didn’t mind what room we move to considering the circumstances, but think it’s still a King Suite and maybe even another tower which isn’t an issue at all. Times like this we‘re just happy they could accommodate us.

Had a lovely evening in Strong Water last night. We were spoiled with a special menu Chef Carlos had created for us…..a belated 30th Anniversary meal.

It was beautiful.

Just a little spoiler……..

0B3CF9B3-5825-4548-A2B2-8EBDDB4BE9A2.jpeg

419B3028-8234-4C25-84F0-DAFF5A431C58.jpeg

We were incredibly touched they had gone to such an effort for us and Chef Carlos is amazing. He created the whole menu just for us.

They are such an incredible group of people who mean the world to us.

We we’re completely blown away by the meal and just the fact they did it all for us.

Today, we move rooms then watch and wait for Ian to pass.

Ooh a 5am noise blast on my phone as to note tornado warnings issued for the next 8 hours. Eh, as long as hotel has power, but really, I’m safe, and that’s all I ask for.

But today, it’s a Wednesday, and camel is here:
56DC31FB-0709-4E5B-9498-898BCE05E76E.jpeg
Aw, even in this hurricane rainy weather, camel is here to remind all that as we get over this hump of a day, looking forward to Friday is that much closer. And hoping this Friday means where I am is back to routine with no damage. I hope both Mac and Keisha do fly home Friday, as hope airport reopens as stated on Friday.

And so, with rainy weather or not, this early bird has been awake since that phone note. So just relaxing and watching tv, though more for background noise. Have both food and drink in my room, so lazy day for sure. And that’s okay. My time here, has been when I just want to relax and have some fun. And I have certainly done that up to today. And hope to do last of my fun Friday and Saturday, where I leave Saturday night. I hope my flight goes as planned.

So, hope everyone stays safe today, and hope all weather this storm successfully.

And thank you to all the hotel workers that are at work today, in the hotels in the hurricane hit areas, including mine.

Good morning homies. Weather? 74 degrees out and raining. And with all that rain to fall today, not a warm feeling day, with 78 degrees the high. Sunrise is to be about a half hour from now. Maybe then I’ll take a peak out my window.

who knows if a friday departure will really be a saturday

inquiring minds, wants to know… maybe…
I’ve not had a cancellation on our late Friday flight out. Only other NS crack of dawn on Saturday. Not much difference as to odds in my mind.

Playing it by ear, up to the fates
was very nice……felt like a real ”Sue Ellen” lush
If u want a strong one need to get a floater there. Drinks at millers pretty much the same sort
We were incredibly touched they had gone to such an effort for us and Chef Carlos is amazing. He created the whole menu just for us.
That is unheard of, very sweeet

Hoping our res is honored for breakfast im starving despite having a raging cold. Snorfel

Today’s activity on tap so far is the gym and finding the closest laundry. It’s been decades since I did it on vacation lol

I’ve not had a cancellation on our late Friday flight out. Only other NS crack of dawn on Saturday. Not much difference as to odds in my mind.

Playing it by ear, up to the fates

If u want a strong one need to get a floater there. Drinks at millers pretty much the same sort

That is unheard of, very sweeet

Hoping our res is honored for breakfast im starving despite having a raging cold. Snorfel

Today’s activity on tap so far is the gym and finding the closest laundry. It’s been decades since I did it on vacation lol

Hope you enjoyed breakfast! I still get hungry with a cold.

It was wonderful Janet, we were completely stunned when we saw what we had created for us, Chef Carlos had worked on the menu till it was perfect. He is a genius. Yes, there were a few tears……..of happiness of course.

Might get to the Ale House now we have extra nights…….we like a good cocktail or three…….:)

Winds are slowly picking up, rain is on but not dreadful yet and the highway is not as busy as it usually is.

They’ve asked we not leave property after 10am which I can easily follow that…..

Plan to hang around our new room or Club Lounge today……feels cosy though…….:)

Hope you feel better soon, Keisha, and find that laundry.

As confirmed this morning, their internet is down and no idea when will be fixed.

Ooh some how, I guess I now get 4 and 5 bars on my phone.

Very noisy in the hotel lobby areas.

It's that hump day...and the weekend is in sight now ;)

Woke up to a crisp fall morning. As I was heading to work, the skies were a magnificent pink and orange. If there is one thing about living where we do - we have amazing sunrise and sunsets.

Nothing much else to report here. Weather is beautiful! I am actually scared. We as a family at supper last night were talking and remarking about the amazing weather we have had...and because we have had such an amazing August and September now (especially September) it makes me scared we are going to have a long cold winter. It will come back to bite us in the b&tt.

On another more cheerful note. I watched little J today and it was his actual 3rd birthday. His party is this weekend. We did some shopping at Target. I put him down out of the cart seat and he picked out some birthday presents. He is my little shopping buddy.
Happy birthday little J!!!!
When I watched him last Wednesday we went on trip to Target and guess what he wanted to bring with him. He laughs and says tooted every time he fires the blaster. We merrily tooted through Target with a few raised eyebrows and lots of laughter. Always treasure spending time with my little Sweet great-nephew.
That is tooooooo funny. Really...people raised an eyebrow. I always comment really loud " how sad and lonely some people must be are if they have to constantly look down on others" I would rather see people out with their happy kids rather than them yelling at them because they are being horrible crotch goblins with no manners or respect for others.

They are such an incredible group of people who mean the world to us.

We we’re completely blown away by the meal and just the fact they did it all for us.

Today, we move rooms then watch and wait for Ian to pass.
that's amazing!!!!!!
But today, it’s a Wednesday, and camel is here:
And an appropriately dressed one at that! I hope you don't get too many phone warnings of tornadoes in the area. That is scary

I hope your cold doesn't last too long.

Well, I should try to get some papers shuffled around.

I hope everyone stays safe while riding out this crazy hurricane barreling in. Hopefully it doesn't stall and stay in place and keeps moving up the coast. I'm still watching all weather updates for all of you and sending tight hugs are you hunker down.

Hope you enjoyed breakfast! I still get hungry with a cold
Yes, usually ravenous with one lol. Was delicious
5978B735-DFB6-49CC-86CC-2640C3451043.jpegC4F6B944-F640-471C-8E6A-AC13B92B8761.jpeg

Yes, we are indeed on a wild ride lol.

Hope the thatched roof holds up
E5AED604-D068-46C5-9BBB-3014C013F72D.jpeg

Yes, people are in the pool
3A181ED5-10B4-4B5A-B13E-E17DC485EF3D.jpeg
And the hapless wilderbeasties (you watch enough nature programs, know what their typical fate is in the circle of life) have been out taking one for the team
7D133CAA-F219-44D2-B311-4B8B586BD940.jpeg

It's that hump day...and the weekend is in sight now ;)

Woke up to a crisp fall morning. As I was heading to work, the skies were a magnificent pink and orange. If there is one thing about living where we do - we have amazing sunrise and sunsets.

Nothing much else to report here. Weather is beautiful! I am actually scared. We as a family at supper last night were talking and remarking about the amazing weather we have had...and because we have had such an amazing August and September now (especially September) it makes me scared we are going to have a long cold winter. It will come back to bite us in the b&tt.

Happy birthday little J!!!!

That is tooooooo funny. Really...people raised an eyebrow. I always comment really loud " how sad and lonely some people must be are if they have to constantly look down on others" I would rather see people out with their happy kids rather than them yelling at them because they are being horrible crotch goblins with no manners or respect for others.

that's amazing!!!!!!

And an appropriately dressed one at that! I hope you don't get too many phone warnings of tornadoes in the area. That is scary

I hope your cold doesn't last too long.

Well, I should try to get some papers shuffled around.

I hope everyone stays safe while riding out this crazy hurricane barreling in. Hopefully it doesn't stall and stay in place and keeps moving up the coast. I'm still watching all weather updates for all of you and sending tight hugs are you hunker down.

Glad you have such good weather, but yes, it doesn’t bode well for a good winter!

Thanks, yes, it was amazing.

Yes, rude people have no place in my group of friends or my life generally……no need for it.

Have a great few days.

View attachment 706072View attachment 706073

Yes, we are indeed on a wild ride lol.

Hope the thatched roof holds up
View attachment 706074

Yes, people are in the pool
View attachment 706075
And the hapless wilderbeasties (you watch enough nature programs, know what their typical fate is in the circle of life) have been out taking one for the team
View attachment 706076

OMG!!! Not a big breakfast person here, but that looks gorgeous!

You do know how to choose breakfast items! Hope you’re feeling better after that little feast.

All checked into our new room, another King Suite so we have space.

Back in Club Lounge and awaiting flatbreads and soup from Jake‘s for lunch. There’s a really good vibe around the place right now which is nice.

Trying not to eat the snacks that have been put out for usual lunch offerings, but I’m quite peckish apparently now.

Papers are shuffled....nothing is currently on my desk. Not sure what else to do this morning. My to-go cup of tea must have had a hole in it...it went down really fast today for some reason. I think it's time to start brewing some during the day now too. Hoping to find something to keep busy today.

That looked delicious. That view of the wildlife 😍
All checked into our new room, another King Suite so we have space.

Back in Club Lounge and awaiting flatbreads and soup from Jake‘s for lunch. There’s a really good vibe around the place right now which is nice.
It's great you're settled into the new room. Enjoy your lounge time!

Off to see what else I can find. Seems I might have to pull my e-reader out of my purse.

Papers are shuffled....nothing is currently on my desk. Not sure what else to do this morning. My to-go cup of tea must have had a hole in it...it went down really fast today for some reason. I think it's time to start brewing some during the day now too. Hoping to find something to keep busy today.

That looked delicious. That view of the wildlife 😍

It's great you're settled into the new room. Enjoy your lounge time!

Off to see what else I can find. Seems I might have to pull my e-reader out of my purse.

I do enjoy a real cup of tea…….stuff over here is fine, but it’s not real tea.

Yep, new suite is just dandy…….and love that Club Lounge.

Hope you enjoy a good read.

Hope everyone is doing alright. I'm seeing some scary stuff...from the west to east coasts.of Florida.

Sending prayers to all of you

Doesn’t seem so bad just yet in Orlando. Very windy and raining, had some thunder and lightning as we were eating dinner, but passed quickly.

Enjoyed dinner with Matt and Rob tonight in Orchids lounge, it was beautiful.

And nice to chat to @AlostPrincess again……have met her several times in the lounge with her family and she is lovely, nice family too.

Bed soon, then we’ll see what tomorrow brings………doubt we’ll go far again…….but ready for bed now after a lovely evening.

Once again I have been screaming over losing a flight home…

Tonight has been the third time I have had to change my flights and rebook in the last 24 hours
It’s midnight now and hope there are no more cancellations

My last text from the airline lists, I do have seats for flights returning home on Friday
not idea schedule but will take anything in order to get home
I have my fingers crossed I don’t get stuck in Atlanta due to weather

Since the parks are now closed not sure what i will do the next two days
Probably wander in the hotel or watch tv

Hopefully i won’t be juggling flight changes again!!

Had a great dinner at Islands early evening
Had the special September days meal

Server forgot my dessert as place was packed
and I didn’t think about it until after I paid my bill

For the homies that are at the hotels, anyone want to do card games tomorrow?
Or should I ask does anyone have a deck of cards?

Once again I have been screaming over losing a flight home…

Tonight has been the third time I have had to change my flights and rebook in the last 24 hours
It’s midnight now and hope there are no more cancellations

My last text from the airline lists, I do have seats for flights returning home on Friday
not idea schedule but will take anything in order to get home
I have my fingers crossed I don’t get stuck in Atlanta due to weather

Since the parks are now closed not sure what i will do the next two days
Probably wander in the hotel or watch tv

Hopefully i won’t be juggling flight changes again!!

Had a great dinner at Islands early evening
Had the special September days meal

Server forgot my dessert as place was packed
and I didn’t think about it until after I paid my bill

For the homies that are at the hotels, anyone want to do card games tomorrow?
Or should I ask does anyone have a deck of cards?
STAY SAFE! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Ooh other than flooding warnings, looks like that hurricane will be gone by later this afternoon. Then those coming next week it’s predicted to be a full week of sunny days.

Oh no Mac, when are you leaving now?

Keisha, unless the airport cannot open tomorrow, the day should be clear and sunny. I hope your evening flight goes as planned.

Yeah, still that early bird, watching the rain pouring down from my window. Sipping tea, and trying to be quiet for my neighboring rooms, but have the tv on.

I will say, the hotels tried hard to provide entertainment. Nice they opened some of the meeting rooms, and provided free access to characters and I saw they had games and crayon drawings and other crafts, while for mostly kids, was still fun to see. And stores, quick service, bars and restaurants we open and serving their normal hours.

Phone just flashed the flooding should end in an hour, but the flood watch is for all day. That rain has to go somewhere before the air and earth sucks it up. That’s good, as while said to be very windy by dinner time, that will be a drying time. I’ll say the parks will open on Friday, but maybe a later start, like 10 or 11 am. I do expect, that unless damage is found enough not not open. But I also think HHN will restart tomorrow night. To be a gloriously sunny 80 degree Friday.

I hope those in that flooding along the coast and that whole area around the Tampa extended area, have all that stayed, are all safe. Many will return to soaked homes. At least the storm is gone for them. I pray we hear no loss of life, and hope the flooding goes down fast.

For those wanting to go out, I don’t think safe until later today. Sure roads around here may be full of water, in parts, as the rain has been steady, though a few breaks, for over a day. This was a monster storm, so large as seen from the space station.

While it messed with the end of my stay, I am very thankful I am safe, and have electricity, and access to food and drink without leaving the building.

And as it’s a Thirsty Thursday, hope all enjoy a drink, water or other to raise a glass to celebrate that tomorrow is a Friday. Woot to that.

Good Thursday morning.

Lynne, my flight is tomorrow
I will check in later today

I am thinking to check in 3 hours out to be on the safe side
Have no idea if that is stupid on my part.
What do you think?

I used ODC the other day to Walgreens to get medicine pick up
I ran out of meds as my stay here was extended
I set up with them for tomorrow’s transportation and feel all will go smooth

I am now people watching in the lobby…
Just maybe a handful of guests, well 3 peeps sitting in the lobby now talking on their phones

What is every one up to today?

Open house in my room….
come on over and we will watch the trees and bushes sway… lol

Sitting in the lobby as room needs its service. No issue with that. Watched news, I4 and turnpike have flooded parts, turnpike is closed, and parts of I4 are closed. Hope all is cleared by Friday morning. Think that will also be when airport may reopen, when all can get there.

95307851-4C81-4BB2-B8D7-8685D932AD8B.jpeg

Wow, outside path to RPR is underwater, the whole stretch I can see from where it starts to curve and as far as I can see. Looks up to about up to half of the fence.

So all, stay safe today.

Mac, good you are still flight scheduled, and got your meds. Relax, it’s a good day to do so.

Ooh I smell coffee. Eh, I have my bottle of soda to sip on. Very noisy and lots of people in my lobby. Also met a nice couple from NJ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter