Something About Nothing............ #14

Well....continued good wishes to our mac and her mister......hope you both improve soon and you get plenty of rest. The boards aren`t the same without you.......:grouphug:

I found out what my prize is for winning the competition.....my friend txt me to say I was a lucky ducky and a prize couldn`t be more suited to someone.......:cheer2:

A case of very nice champagne!!!! 🍾🥂

It`ll be dropped off tomorrow afternoon, looking forward to it! My other friend won a set of gardening tools.......lol.....her gardener will love them I`m sure, as she is as green fingered as we are......not at all!!

Tom is off to pick up the food for us, delivery takes too long from there, then we plan to watch Deadpool......I think I`ve seen it before, but must have liked it.

I`m starving now.......and making vodka-coladas tonight too! Nice quiet Saturday evening......🥰

Oh no, sick bay at the Mac house, Mac and Mr. Mac, sending lots of mummy dust well wishes. Please take care, thinking of you both, to be well soon.

Seems weather fireworks stayed North of us, no rain nor thunder even heard. Thus, warm night, and neighbors setting off fireworks again. Okay, a Saturday night, but to me, it’s getting late. Hope they stop soon.

Phone saying light rain may be coming in 10 minutes, to end within the hour. Eh, I’m almost ready for bed.

Hope all have a great night, and are enjoying this holiday weekend. Family get together tomorrow. Picnic time. No dinner cooking for me tomorrow.

Ended up with chicken and rice, with fresh tomatoes and a salad for dinner tonight. Was so warm out today, no one felt like anything heavy to eat.

Oh no Mac so sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. Get well soon to you and Mr. Mac :grouphug:

Good to see you Elsa.....hope things are good with you. I`ll let mac know you popped in to wish her well......

Reasonable Sunday morning here, not cold, not overly warm, would have been perfect for walking but got a friend popping round before she sets off on her travels to South America on Tuesday, definite trip of a lifetime for her and one of her closest friends.

This afternoon will be the British GP, might watch without sound as it`s a commentators love in for the driver we don`t like this race.

And not surprised to see the Christmas movie channel is back on the list!!! July 3rd and we have constant Christmas movies on their own channel!!

Croissants and fruit for breakfast, turkey slices with some salad for lunch and doing the smallest rib roast I have ever seen for dinner, but will work for us with some garlic & Rosemary parmentier potatoes and steamed veg. Making a lemon syllabub too and that`s food sorted for the day.

Will be checking in on mac again today......hope she can reply.

i-FVrkD5N-S.png

cv56-Th.jpg

cv21-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday :)

Ah, a Sunday. Just relaxing, then heard, what phone said light rain. Um, if I can hear the rain, I don’t consider that light rain. But that weather radar showed green went over us, most of the dark green and a big blob of yellow passed by well South of me. Quick and done already.

Early news said some thunderstorm cells around this early morning, but the cold front has mostly gone, and by lunchtime, we should see that 90 degrees and full sun, and all thanks to that cold front, as low humidity predicted for today.

Yay, that rain hopefully watered the garden, and hopefully washed that bird poo off my car. Hehe, while still bird poo bombed on my front window, those dirty birds left much more poo on the side windows this time. I sometimes swear they aim for my car. Could be this time of year, like to park near a tree, in an open store parking lot. Any chance to have your car shaded while it is parked, is a good thing when it’s so hot out.

Thus, will be heading to our family get together by lunchtime. Hehe, food coma starting at lunchtime. Will be nice though, as may be first time me and all my siblings are together, since over a year ago. And my family likes to have quite the spread, with all bringing food to share. Bbq pot luck meal is our usual spread for the good weather get together times. And since my little town is having their 4th of July parade tomorrow, shutting down the main drag we have to use, after we turn out of our cul de sac, is nice to have our family get together today. Told little one, maybe we will wander down to watch some of the parade. If the weather is great, and it should be, we should at least see some of it. Early news weather lady said weather should be perfect on Monday, for all the parades and fireworks in the area. That will surely bring the crowds to my little part of the area. Thankfully, no need to drive. The parade turns to go down that main drag, a block away from us. We will walk, and find the shady side of the street. I may go early and put up chairs and put a blanket down. Most honor seating set up earlier, when arriving to watch. But if the weather is that gloriously sunny, and hot feeling Monday as predicted on this early morning news, yep, suntan lotion will be on me, as becomes routine for me to put it on, as I get ready for the day when that sun is stronger this time of year. And if so hot as predicted, will see if the traditional seeing of the fire trucks spraying the crowds with water from their hoses will occur. Even if you get a little wet, with it that hot out, drying should be quick.

Thus, with the holiday, no trash to the curb tonight. But you can be sure, with hearing not only the fireworks from the school yard up the street from us, tomorrow night, you’ll also hear the trash cans being rolled down for pick up on Tuesday morning.

Finally, hope all are having that true day of rest, and hope Mac and Mr. Mac are feeling better today. Sending more get well thoughts your way. Take care, Mac.

Serene Sunday all. Enjoy the holiday cheer this weekend brings. Time really does fly, as July already. Deserves a woot, though, as the month Sue gets to fly for vacation fun. Woot to the countdown for Sue getting much lower now.

Tea. Copious amounts? Yep, house feels almost cool, but not complaining. Comfortable, and tea is so nice to be sipping while I do some times channel surfing. But since DH is just gone, and the kids are still asleep, that channel watching is on our big screen. Yay!

What a difference day makes wow! Yesterday was brilliant. Morning paddle, brunch on a patio, BBQ dinner with 2 other couples on our patio. Today, nope! Cold and raining :sad2:
I’m glad the past few days were so nice with all the outdoor celebrations for Canada Day.
Kinda tired today. Yesterday was busy but think it’s more to do with the weather. Always feel more energized when it’s sunny.

Mac I’m so sorry to hear you have Covid now too. Hope its mild.

Breakfast this morning was bacon! Yum. No idea about dinner yet.

In an hour going to Apple store with oldest daughter to have her iPad battery checked. She doesn’t feel like it’s charging properly.

What a difference day makes wow! Yesterday was brilliant. Morning paddle, brunch on a patio, BBQ dinner with 2 other couples on our patio. Today, nope! Cold and raining :sad2:
I’m glad the past few days were so nice with all the outdoor celebrations for Canada Day.
Kinda tired today. Yesterday was busy but think it’s more to do with the weather. Always feel more energized when it’s sunny.

Mac I’m so sorry to hear you have Covid now too. Hope its mild.

Breakfast this morning was bacon! Yum. No idea about dinner yet.

In an hour going to Apple store with oldest daughter to have her iPad battery checked. She doesn’t feel like it’s charging properly.

Glad you had a good day Sue....yes, mixed weather for us too today.....sun is always lovely to be out in. Good luck with Apple......

Will tell mac you`re asking after her, she`s not doing great.

Lovely day today. Had a nice little morning with our friend who is going away for a good while on this trip. Then watched the GP and chatted to my cousin in LI who is coming over to Scotland next month for a visit, first time in 35 years. We`re going up for a few days while she`s here, looking forward to that.

Ended up walking in to the village to meet some friends for an after dinner drink, we all commented how silent everything was, not a peep around our little hamlet. Had a couple of gins then walked home, it was nice to walk off that rib of beef which was delicious.

Tonight, we`ll sit back and spend some time on ipads with music on....we have some 70`s stuff playing, and yes, then drink copious amounts of tea as usual........I like that word, seems I use it a lot.

Still keeping an eye out for HHN multi night tickets........they enjoy keeping us waiting I think. 🎃

i-V63CgsC-S.gif

i-PTzKvVq-S.gif

And a very good morning.......😁

Dull and grey here, but will pick up later, not as breezy as predicted which is good to see. Apart from the cold, the wind is one thing that`s not pleasant to walk in, so we`re good to go this morning.

Made courgette (zucchini) muffins last night......they don`t sound wonderful (not as good as blueberry) but they are nice for breakfast, most folks have them with poached eggs, but just fruit for me.

After walking we may go and get some new sofa cushions for the front room. It`s grey leather sofa`s and chairs we have in there so will try and find something to stand out again. I do like cushions. Lunch, no idea yet, might be something with salad and dinner is lasagne with salad.

And Monday again........have a good one whatever you may be doing......

i-wGqCWh6-S.gif

Nooooooo, not Mac down with Covid too!:sad1::sad::sad2:

Happy 4th of July to all. Onto Epcot today, did grab guardians of galaxy slot. Pressure is off, phew. Will be taking a Dramamine lol

Burning candle both ends, wearing out. Changed some plans around to enjoy more time here
00920DDB-0870-4219-A835-BD2F6911B97A.jpeg

did rope drop, resort break, then closed out MK yesterday
A5F31C23-1DC6-4952-825B-0A7B91CD78C2.jpeg

Dinner first at a place Carole will recognize. The catsup shenanigans are back lol. Steak slayed, complete with
the devil’s green beans :p

F36E461F-9A55-41F6-9B50-DCEB5521CD61.jpeg

Attachments

• D4F2A766-985B-4B0C-8721-25C39320814D.jpeg
    D4F2A766-985B-4B0C-8721-25C39320814D.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 2
Nooooooo, not Mac down with Covid too!:sad1::sad::sad2:

Happy 4th of July to all. Onto Epcot today, did grab guardians of galaxy slot. Pressure is off, phew. Will be taking a Dramamine lol

Burning candle both ends, wearing out. Changed some plans around to enjoy more time here
View attachment 681563

did rope drop, resort break, then closed out MK yesterday
View attachment 681556

Dinner first at a place Carole will recognize. The catsup shenanigans are back lol. Steak slayed, complete with

View attachment 681558

Love it!!! And love the pictures too......

I do certainly recognise that lovely place we enjoyed dinner last time out.......darn those devil green beans though 😉

Pictures are lovely Janet, sounds like you are all having the best time!!! I`m always amazed at how GD is just so grown up looking....

Yup.....take that dramamine and enjoy!!! And thanks for the updated pictures......always good to see!! Enjoy burning that candle too :wave2:

Mom is doing well, but not happy about being at the rehab center.
Well, surely better there than in assisted living! Good luck to her
Pumpkin, the booster kinda knocked me out, couldn’t keep my eyes open last night. Are still sore. DH calling me a baby
Same, surprised me. The mr was fine lol
Keisha beautiful beach! Which one is it? I’m a tad behind the news!
That was the TradeWinds they insist it’s Treasure Island but, not far from Loews don ce sar. Couple of blocks down the beach
C22B65AD-8766-4685-9AAE-180D59609224.jpeg

Yep, highlights, cut, style and blow dry this morning. Going to try something new today, if I don`t like it.....will revert back end of August appointment.
Ooh need pic
We leave July 29 for Seattle where we’ll overnight for flight on 30th! I did manage to switch my Portofino stay to Royal Pacific, hoping for a T3 park view!
Nice! Will be at margaritaville resort with the fam. No U time again, tho darn it Will catch u at some point to say hi!
Must remember to send it to Janet.
Please
I was a natural platinum blonde in my youth until puberty darkened me to medium blonde!
Same, funny how many here
Our mac has managed to contract covid last day or so.......mr mac is also poorly, so sending them some good wishes for a quick recovery for both of them..
Hard not to share it with household. Sigh

Happy 4th of July Monday to all.

Glorious sunshine has greeted us today. Cannot think of such perfect weather for this holiday. 90 the high, medium humidity and a full day of sunshine. What a great time to be outside, with a cool drink.

Yesterday was awesome. So great to see all my siblings and all my nieces, and two of the four great nieces, including the youngest, who will be a year old next week, and one of my two great nephews. Only missing was my nephew and family as they are in Canada, enjoying time with his wife’s family. Pool was 92 degrees, almost cool feeling when you got out in the 86 degrees air. And the food coma did come. Food grazing as lunch, and didn’t stop until after dessert. Delicious all, with the grill being spot on, with bbq chicken, cheeseburgers and hotdogs as main dinner choices. All the salads, sides and noshing items, and some ice cream and fruit pops, with fresh sliced watermelon, and just made chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate covered pretzels, with festive jimmies on them, home made coffee cake, candy from a favorite chocolate place, seasoned assorted nuts and cupcakes. We have leftovers, but not much. Older one got home not much before we did. He was hungry.

And so, maybe a parade viewing today? Will try to get over to my MIL today, to deliver the rest of the leftovers, as DH forgot to bring them when he went over earlier this morning. Did bring her the waffles that I made, though, so breakfast for her too.

Yay, Keisha alive, and moving fast. Great pictures, thanks for sharing. We did eat at that place once too. Did get quite the number of bottles on our table. Kids were young then, and for some reason, was a one and done. I guess we had other places wanted to eat. But haven’t been back lately, as now both have been at Universal more lately. Enjoy the parks and woot for scoring that SW ride time. GD is getting older looking, and happy. Lucky kid running her grandparents all around the parks.

Quiet until older one is up, as he does work today. Will try to get little one up not much after he leaves, as want to visit MIL at lunchtime, as will park in street when we return, hoping there is parking in front of our home. Then, when older one comes home, with road closings, so he’ll have to make a detour, and hope to get in our driveway. I highly doubt there will be any street parking on our cul de sac, given its closeness to the parade and fireworks. And hehe, as drove by the parade route near us on the way home last night, saw chairs already set up on the sidewalk. Little one said crazy, she wanted to stop and grab them. I said, well, nothing like staking out your place early. We will most likely wander down, I guess.

Thus, a most Marvelous Monday. And yeah, have to commute tomorrow. But thankfully, a short week as yay, today, the lazy day off holiday.

Good morning and hope the Mac household is finding both Mac and Mr. Mac feeling better today.

Well, surely better there than in assisted living! Good luck to her

Same, surprised me. The mr was fine lol

That was the TradeWinds they insist it’s Treasure Island but, not far from Loews don ce sar. Couple of blocks down the beach
View attachment 681566

Ooh need pic

Nice! Will be at margaritaville resort with the fam. No U time again, tho darn it Will catch u at some point to say hi!

Please

Same, funny how many here

Hard not to share it with household. Sigh

I`ll pop the pic off later...I thought I had included you in the email, obviously hadn`t.....I do like it, think I`ll stick to being slightly darker and everyone likes it better. Looking through my trip pictures I am glad I did change it, hair was too brassy after being in the sun for too long.......::yes::

And I blinked and it was Monday and my holiday weekend is over :sad:

We had a great weekend with the whole family in the city.

Gd was a hoot. We sure had fun with her. Maybe a little spoiling happening too :rolleyes1 But isn't that what Grammie's are supposed to do!

We enjoyed some Canada Day festivities, had a great meal out, and then an evening of board games lol. Saturday was shopping. Both boys had some shopping to do, so all the kids went out and we stayed back with the little one while they had a kid free day. Then a delicious meal and another night of board games.

Yesterday we were sad to go home. It gets harder and harder to go home. This time she cried when we left :sad2: So that makes it a little harder. Grammie's sweetpea. :love:

I'm all caught up at work. I have a few papers to shuffle this afternoon, and I will drag that out as long as I can. Good thing I don't get paid per paper shuffled lol.
Got lots of compliments on how natural looking my hair was this afternoon from friends who popped in for a cuppa, so I`m quite happy with that, especially from him as he`s not one for sharing compliments.......

I do really like this shade, and for ME.......I`m too old to be quite as blonde as it was going with the sun......I like it much better on ME. One of my friends is too pale to be so white, but, her hair...who gives a rats patootie what anyone else does with their hair......😉
It's always great to get compliments on hair :flower:That means it's perfect for you!
Our mac has managed to contract covid last day or so.......mr mac is also poorly, so sending them some good wishes for a quick recovery for both of them........:hug:
Sending @macraven and Mr Mac lots of healing wishes. I hope they both recover easily. I am praying it doesn't hit them too hard.
I found out what my prize is for winning the competition.....my friend txt me to say I was a lucky ducky and a prize couldn`t be more suited to someone.......:cheer2:

A case of very nice champagne!!!! 🍾🥂
Nice!!!! I love it when things like that happen!
The catsup shenanigans are back lol. Steak slayed, complete with
Looks like you guys are having a blast!!!! Have fun!
esterday was awesome. So great to see all my siblings and all my nieces, and two of the four great nieces, including the youngest, who will be a year old next week, and one of my two great nephews. Only missing was my nephew and family as they are in Canada, enjoying time with his wife’s family. Pool was 92 degrees, almost cool feeling when you got out in the 86 degrees air. And the food coma did come. Food grazing as lunch, and didn’t stop until after dessert. Delicious all, with the grill being spot on, with bbq chicken, cheeseburgers and hotdogs as main dinner choices.
It sounds like it was a great gathering! It is so great you were able to get together with so many members of your family!

Well, I should go send one more spreadsheet before I head out for lunch.

I need to pick up a couple of things for my container gardening. Things are really starting to grow now!

Have a great day everyone!!! Happy July 4th

And I blinked and it was Monday and my holiday weekend is over :sad:

We had a great weekend with the whole family in the city.

Gd was a hoot. We sure had fun with her. Maybe a little spoiling happening too :rolleyes1 But isn't that what Grammie's are supposed to do!

We enjoyed some Canada Day festivities, had a great meal out, and then an evening of board games lol. Saturday was shopping. Both boys had some shopping to do, so all the kids went out and we stayed back with the little one while they had a kid free day. Then a delicious meal and another night of board games.

Yesterday we were sad to go home. It gets harder and harder to go home. This time she cried when we left :sad2: So that makes it a little harder. Grammie's sweetpea. :love:

I'm all caught up at work. I have a few papers to shuffle this afternoon, and I will drag that out as long as I can. Good thing I don't get paid per paper shuffled lol.

It's always great to get compliments on hair :flower:That means it's perfect for you!

Sending @macraven and Mr Mac lots of healing wishes. I hope they both recover easily. I am praying it doesn't hit them too hard.

Nice!!!! I love it when things like that happen!

Looks like you guys are having a blast!!!! Have fun!

It sounds like it was a great gathering! It is so great you were able to get together with so many members of your family!

Well, I should go send one more spreadsheet before I head out for lunch.

I need to pick up a couple of things for my container gardening. Things are really starting to grow now!

Have a great day everyone!!! Happy July 4th

Glad you had such a lovely weekend with family and yes, that little grandbaby will be a joy to be around. I remember when my mum and dad would come down to stay when Kyle was little, always a lot of tears when they left! Yes, grandma is supposed to spoil grandkids........of course! How old is your GD now?

Thanks.....I`m thrilled with my new hair.......and yes, the champagne was a thrill to win, it didn`t get delivered till this afternoon, but we`re not in a rush to drink it anyway.

Yes, our garden is glowing right now, everything seems to be flourishing.....herbs are growing faster than we can eat them too!

Have a great rest of your day......

Heard from mac briefly......she`s managing to drink some water and sleeping a lot. Hopefully she`ll pick up soon.....but we all send her our best wishes :grouphug:

Gorgeous evening here, little breezy to sit out so, kitchen bifold doors were wide open and we had been sitting with the sun streaming on us, but still inside......best of both worlds! Sun is slowly disappearing now.....but still warm, although doors are now closed over.....

Tonic water for me right now....very exciting.

What a perfect Holiday. Now watching the township fireworks. Parade was fun. and oh so warm feeling. Trash already at the curb. Have a good night all.

Quick good evening. Hope everyone had a nice day. I spent some of mine working on a photoshop project. I wasn't able to get it to do what it was supposed to do. I emailed my professor, but have not heard back from her yet and the project is due at 11:59 tonight. I managed to get something to work, but don't think it is my best work, but I had to turn in something.
I have been trying to work on anatomy tonight as my neighbors are shooting off fireworks. Caspian is hiding somewhere.

Hope the Covid hasn't hit Mac too bad and she is on her way to recovery.

I'm going to try to watch TV until all the noise stops.

Quick good evening. Hope everyone had a nice day. I spent some of mine working on a photoshop project. I wasn't able to get it to do what it was supposed to do. I emailed my professor, but have not heard back from her yet and the project is due at 11:59 tonight. I managed to get something to work, but don't think it is my best work, but I had to turn in something.
I have been trying to work on anatomy tonight as my neighbors are shooting off fireworks. Caspian is hiding somewhere.

Hope the Covid hasn't hit Mac too bad and she is on her way to recovery.

I'm going to try to watch TV until all the noise stops.

Maybe you`ve done better than you think Charade....yes fireworks are a pest, pure and simple.....

I`ll tell mac you`ve been asking after her, she`s not doing so good yet, but hopefully she`ll improve soon.......

Tuesday again.......weeks are flying past so quickly! Sign of getting old apparently.....lol.....

Heading out an early walk, sky doesn`t look so good and not as warm as yesterday, but hey ho, it`s still decent weather for us.

Then, have no idea what we`ll do the rest of the day. Tom might go do some driving for the food delivery from church if they need him, they usually do and that`ll pass a few hours. I have some emails to catch up on, some family to catch up with and will do some baking today, some for us, but tomorrow the church are having a gathering with some other churches in the area, around 40 people all in, so baking will be appreciated.

Pork fillet tonight, will marinade it in some seasonings, maybe bbq flavours or maybe Chinese style......will see what I have to go with it first. Maple bacon with croissants for lunch today....not so healthy but oh so tasty.

But, first, breakfast muffins with tea.......and copious amounts of that!!!

i-3JvzBgd-S.gif

cv33-S.jpg

cv94-S.jpg

Hap-Hap-Happy Tuesday ::yes::

Ah yes, that back to week day routine.

But quick enough commute today, and oh so muggy out. 74 degrees now, high humidity and the sunrise was beautiful, as mostly sunny start. Will be so hot and humid, early morning weather news lady said that so humid, 90 degrees is the high, will see thunderstorms later in the day. Seems we are now in our Summer days routine. Hazy, hot and humid, with so humid, you’re almost glad when it’s raining, hoping to cool it down.

Charade, ugh, with school work and all the fireworks noise. We did enjoy the township one, but our neighbors were setting off fireworks before and after the township did. At least they were done by around 11 last night. And was glad the commute this morning was even more quiet than usual. Guess everyone is sleeping it off from all the weekend fun. Hope your mom is doing well. And hope the cat relaxed after the noise stopped. Good luck with all your classes.

Schumi, nice of Tom to help with church deliveries. And hope you enjoyed some tea this morning.

Mac, hope you and the Mr. are feeling much better today. Sending lots of mummy dust well wishes to you both. Thinking of you, and sending my good thoughts.

Ah yes, Taco Tuesday it is. Can go to a Taco Bell or not, but all can enjoy a taco or two today.

So, welcome to Taco Tuesday all. Hope all of those like Mac, that are not feeling well, get rest and get well soon, and all stay hydrated in this hot weather. Good morning all. And yes I have tea. Office almost feels too cool. But not complaining about that. With that muggy and hot out, AC is always appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter