Something About Nothing............ #14

Safe travels to the parks today, Robo. And lots of fun with HHN too.

Ah kids are up? Haven’t seen them yet. Though older one works soon enough, I should be hearing him first. DH went out to do some errands. When he comes back, we’ll go to the store, as with his truck, the fence panel should fit, rather than tying it on my roof. Plus, he can carry the bag of cement too. And his old trimmer is not working right, so I told him, he can look while we are at the store, as I’m sure they sell several models of those. Eh, may be more expensive trip then I first thought. But I’d much rather not use a manual cutter.

Follow on homies. It is a beautiful sunny day.

sad day today for sure. I think everyone remembers what they were doing. It was unbelievable that something like that could happen. I was just waking up, to get the kids ready for school when my friend phoned me and told me to turn on the tv. I remember asking what channel? She says any channel. We hung up, me not having the foggiest of what she was going on about…until I turned on the tv!
Of course the news here today is covering the day, and talking about Gander, Newfoundland, the town all flights were diverted too. If anyone hasn’t seen the show, Come From Away, highly recommend it.

Looks like I fell asleep before I hit post! My eyes really were at half mast last night lol.

Thanks for those who weighed in on the air fryer.

Keisha it sounds like air fryer does great veggies. Noted, need 8qt! Jury still out.
Realfood, sounds like a perfect thing for the Caravan! I can’t believe the second delivery box came damaged too, ugh. How frustrating.

Schumi hope you’re enjoying a nice bacon breakfast! I had a weird dream too last night.

Lynne enjoy your morning tea! I found the site, thanks. Yes, no specials at the moment. I should have started looking earlier after I booked. I’ll monitor maybe something will turn up. Will have to think about it.

Charade, no way I could pack last minute. I have to have everything laid out, debate, lol, wash everything, this time I vow not to overpack! Yesterday I pulled out my Universal tees and washed. Next will pull shorts/capris, wash and set out. It’s a process. Will also have to find my Universal masks. Won’t pack as many this time cause I end up washing them in sink as I go anyway every couple of days. I will be wearing them on ride queues, shows, and inside stores, etc. I definitely don’t want to get Covid while there and be stuck having to quarantine in a hotel room before I can fly home. You getting it was a real wake up call for me.

Robo glad you had a good trip. Enjoy Universal tomorrow!

Coffee time, will also have some toast, then get out on the water!

:tilt:

Cool...I haven't been very adventurous yet but I can cook a steak. ;)

That's what I'm going to make.

Today is a sad day and you are right Lynne....we should never any of the lost.

Todd.....steak is all you need sometimes!

Charade encouraging progress fir you!

Nice. Was considering baking as jr coming for dinner. Stir fry I’m thinking? However, high 70s into 80s the next few days. Pit that idea on back burner. I like a chill in the air when making cookies for some reason

Same. My idea of a bug out bag

I came hime & ahem fixed bangs.

Bonus points when they are given free reign to leave their seats to have free range in venue.

Cooks in half to 2/3rd the time. Healthy as just a spray of oil for same sort of crunch bite. There is a learning curve.

we enjoy wings, fries, zucchini sticks, crab cakes etc. hot dogs that were never requested here in past, now a nice last minute option. They come out perfectly

great for reheating leftovers including pizza.

Small ones basically useless, Need an 8 quart to do any serious cooking

Oh yeah, with the ground freezing a great idea

Same as today. It’s a truly somber day of remembrance.

flight 93 passed slightly south of us after being diverted and went down not much further, after it cleared major population areas. RIP

I had to Google what 8 quarts was in real money.......I can`t even remember what size the one I had was.

Wondered if that plane would have been close to you a few years back.

Good Saturday morning Sans family :wave2:

View attachment 603986

View attachment 603988

View attachment 603989

Thank you I love pumpkins especially Halloween 🎃.

We had such a nice visit. I wanted to get my aunt out and she loves the restaurant we went to. It was so nice to see her smile. Losing my uncle was so very hard for her.

I do enjoy salon time too. Everyone should pamper themselves. I had the works......LOL......Hair, manicure and pedicure. Happy hair, happy hands, Happy feet. I had a Nursing Professor who said every Nurse should pamper her feet. I took her advice.

You are a special lady. It is so nice you are there to listen for them.

I remember reading once that we earn the jewels in our heavenly crowns by the acts of kindness and service we do on earth.

I remember you said the sister (vegetarian) of your friend that you are not fond of thinks your a princess. Next time you hear of it tell her no “I’am a Queen and I have earned all the diamonds in my crown”.

People either have it within themselves to be kind to others or they don’t. There are a lot of kind souls on the Sans here.

I had a dream someone broke in my house and I was frozen and could not move. I did wake up.....LOL.

Sounds delicious. I like melons, mangoes and grapes. I really like pineapple, but it blisters my tongue so no pineapple for me. Muffins sound delicious too.

I left at 12:30 am Thursday morning. I’am at my house in Florida. Will go up to Universal tomorrow.

So glad you are feeling better. I hope you get your taste and smell back soon.

LOL........I remember the Happy Meal toys. I have some of the Disney glasses from Mickey D’s.

Thank you. I’am thinking of doing a trip report. I will take lots of photos and share for sure.

I like the Popeyes chicken sandwich.

You are having Florida weather.

I waved when I went by Mac :wave:

What a wonderful keepsake.

We still have a few Trick or Treaters

It’s nice to have treasured friends you can share things with.

LOL........makes me think of a professor I had in college. She was always a little tipsy and she reeked of cigarettes and had dog and cat hair all over her polyester pants she would always wear.

Great news. Also the Dark Arts show.

Hey! Monykalyn always like reading about your chickens. I think you have Diva Hens....LOL

Yep......trees are up. Get out the Halloween decorations. My niece said my decorations are scary and her moms are more happy decorations for Halloween.

We are required to keep our bins in the garage or behind the property. They can’t not be viewed from the street on none trash pickup days.

Yeah! For Halloween decorations. Share some pics when you get done. I love looking at Halloween and Christmas decorations.

That is a awesome idea. You are so sweet to come up with all these special ideas for his birthday.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your cabinets. It’s a big ordeal to deal with returning those things.

Sounds delicious. My hubby really likes German potato salad.

What a wonderful treasured gift to get some of your hubby’s grandmas cookbooks.

Can you take another pic of your Apple Oatmeal cookie recipe. It was not real clear. I would like to make those. They sound delicious. Thank you for sharing it.

It will be here before you know it.

The pavlovas sounds so good.

Wow.......everyone is baking. Sounds good.

KStar...........I think everyone can remember that fateful day as if it was yesterday, but I know it was extremely difficult for those who live so close. Lots of hugs today all around.

Thank you Schumi......official vacation starts tomorrow.

Beautiful sunny Saturday morning after a good lightning and rain yesterday evening.

I drove down to my home in Florida. Went to bed early Wednesday and I left 12:30 am Thursday morning. So I could make it through Nashville Chattanooga and Atlanta. The trip was pretty uneventful, but tiring.

I will head up to Orlando for HHN fun tomorrow.

View attachment 603985

I have some things to do today so I need to get moving.

I forgot you were going home first.

Yes, she`s called me worse than Princess too lol.....good answer though. I usually tell her I wear the crown well......haha......if I didn`t adore my friend so much I`d be a little more honest with her, but seems there are times I can hold my tongue.....who knew!!!

I love when we have teachers that were a little off the wall compared to the norm....they just make life a little better, nothing worse than a dull educator.

I know what you mean about pineapple,I`m better with cooked pineapple......and yes, I wish it was a rule you had to keep trash bins out of sight when it`s not trash day......I haven`t found out the outcome yet.......it`s a small village but news travels slow at times......

Safe travels and hope you have a lovely time.

sad day today for sure. I think everyone remembers what they were doing. It was unbelievable that something like that could happen. I was just waking up, to get the kids ready for school when my friend phoned me and told me to turn on the tv. I remember asking what channel? She says any channel. We hung up, me not having the foggiest of what she was going on about…until I turned on the tv!
Of course the news here today is covering the day, and talking about Gander, Newfoundland, the town all flights were diverted too. If anyone hasn’t seen the show, Come From Away, highly recommend it.

Looks like I fell asleep before I hit post! My eyes really were at half mast last night lol.

Thanks for those who weighed in on the air fryer.

Keisha it sounds like air fryer does great veggies. Noted, need 8qt! Jury still out.
Realfood, sounds like a perfect thing for the Caravan! I can’t believe the second delivery box came damaged too, ugh. How frustrating.

Schumi hope you’re enjoying a nice bacon breakfast! I had a weird dream too last night.

Lynne enjoy your morning tea! I found the site, thanks. Yes, no specials at the moment. I should have started looking earlier after I booked. I’ll monitor maybe something will turn up. Will have to think about it.

Charade, no way I could pack last minute. I have to have everything laid out, debate, lol, wash everything, this time I vow not to overpack! Yesterday I pulled out my Universal tees and washed. Next will pull shorts/capris, wash and set out. It’s a process. Will also have to find my Universal masks. Won’t pack as many this time cause I end up washing them in sink as I go anyway every couple of days. I will be wearing them on ride queues, shows, and inside stores, etc. I definitely don’t want to get Covid while there and be stuck having to quarantine in a hotel room before I can fly home. You getting it was a real wake up call for me.

Robo glad you had a good trip. Enjoy Universal tomorrow!

Coffee time, will also have some toast, then get out on the water!

I loved Come From Away. I was unsure how it would work, but they did it beautifully and I`d happily go see it again on Broadway. I can`t wait to visit NYC next time and will visit Ground Zero again.....one of the most emotional places we`ve ever been to. The water pools were stunning, more so at night and definitely something everyone should see if they`re in NY.

Oh dreams are incredible aren`t they.......mine involved an ironing board being dragged through town as I was meeting a friend for coffee and my mum calling me with sad news as she was in the bathroom of another place, but I could see her.....so may other elements of the dream.......my mind must just not switch off at night.

Yes, late bacon breakfast/lunch was lovely thank you......and last minute packer here too......I could pack in moments if I had to. But, it`s nice planning what`s going in and what we`re not taking........

Another glorious day here today. It was lovely this morning, hot but a nice breeze which kept us cooler as we walked.

Two of our friends and one of their daughters joined us, managed 8 miles before coming back here for rolls with bacon and fried eggs for those that wanted them, I think I ate two....I was ravenous by then!

Got a load of laundry done, dried, ironed and put away this afternoon....got some things baking including a lime and coconut loaf which will be enjoyed with pots of tea.

Decided on spicy chicken stir fries tonight for dinner, mine will be with a ton of fresh ginger, pineapple and green onions with plum and sweet chilli mixed together, Tom is having store bought Teriyaki sauce mixed with my home made sweet chilli sauce.....hot, sweet and very spicy.

And going to watch The Devil made me do it, new Conjuring movie.....hope we`re not disappointed, I want to have lots of scares! Low lighting and candles again tonight......Dark and Stormy cocktails tonight too.

Time for something to sip.....well it is Saturday........ 🍹

We had such a nice visit. I wanted to get my aunt out and she loves the restaurant we went to. It was so nice to see her smile. Losing my uncle was so very hard for her.

I really like pineapple, but it blisters my tongue so no pineapple for me.
https://www.bonappetit.com/story/pineapple-tongue-burn-trick
Saw this hack other day. Haven’t tried it yet
will head up to Orlando for HHN fun tomorrow.
Sweeeet
They do have combo insta pot ones too. Haven’t felt the need for one of those & pressure cookers scare the beJesus out of me
Won’t pack as many this time cause I end up washing them in sink as I go anyway every couple of days. I will be wearing them on ride queues, shows, and inside stores, etc. I definitely don’t want to get Covid while there and be stuck having to quarantine in a hotel room before I can fly home.
Don’t think it’s encouraged but I sprayed mine lightly with Lysol when In MCO
mine involved an ironing board being dragged through town
Nwahaha. If only it was a magical flying carpet one
spicy chicken stir fries
I settled on stir fry too, tossed in hoisin, hot chili sauce & usual suspects into sauce. Hope it’s a hit, like to switch it up

decided to make the boy’s favorite yeast rolls. Trying another hack if using a heating pad under the tin to help them rise. Set up Looks quite strange

Good afternoon. My body must be trying to catch up on missed sleep. I woke up around 7:00, got up, fed the cat, and then decided it was too early to be up. I went back to sleep and slept until 11:30.

20 years ago today started out as just another ordinary day for me. B was almost 10 months old. I was completely oblivious to what was going on until I sat down to check my email. I had belonged to an email group at the time. Suddenly there were messages about the plane flying into the tower. At first my friends thought it was just a horrible accident. When I got to the emails that were discussing that it was not an accident, and there was more than just the one plane, I turned on the TV and watched in stunned, horrified silence.

It certainly was a little bit of a disaster, I may try it again one day as it is a gorgeous dessert, or maybe I`ll just order one if I need one. It was funny though as about 10 of us stood still while watching it sink further down.
I had a similar baking disaster many years ago. I tried to recreate a cake I saw in a magazine. It was a chocolate cake, but instead of frosting they had put chocolate pudding between the layers and topped it with whipped cream and cherries. Mine ended up looking like it had been through an earthquake. I think I have a picture of it somewhere.

Up early as replacement damaged item was due for delivery. Well it arrived but box is really bashed again. Took photos in front of the driver and also pointed out it had arrows on to keep it upright - which were upside down. Will unpack it shortly!
Hope the second wasn't damaged in spite of the negligence.

I like a chill in the air when making cookies for some reason
But it's always a good time to bake cookies. :)

LOL........I remember the Happy Meal toys. I have some of the Disney glasses from Mickey D’s.
My husband still has some superhero glasses he got from one of the fast food places decades ago.

I drove down to my home in Florida. Went to bed early Wednesday and I left 12:30 am Thursday morning. So I could make it through Nashville Chattanooga and Atlanta. The trip was pretty uneventful, but tiring.
Glad it was uneventful. I hate driving through Atlanta.

For me, everything is already washed, I just have to toss them in a suitcase. I'm only going for a couple of days, so packing should be easy. I'm not even going to check a bag on this trip. I will be bringing disposable masks. I have plenty leftover from my Disney trip. No, you do not want to get Covid. Even a mild case like I had is a pain to experience.

I guess I should go find something to do today. I think I will wash all the clothes I wore last week.
Dh will come home tomorrow. It will be nice to have him home. The cat is not much of a conversationalist.

Just wanted to share, GD first paying gig…she’s an extra on one of the movies currently being filmed here

almost shocking how they dolled her up. She’s playing View attachment 604068a guest at a bar mitzvah

She is beautiful Keisha......but, it`s terrifying how grown up she looks!! And so like her mum there......I usually see her dad, but my goodness!!!

Hope she has a blast doing it, sounds like a lot of fun for her......

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/pineapple-tongue-burn-trick
Saw this hack other day. Haven’t tried it yet

Sweeeet

They do have combo insta pot ones too. Haven’t felt the need for one of those & pressure cookers scare the beJesus out of me

Don’t think it’s encouraged but I sprayed mine lightly with Lysol when In MCO

Nwahaha. If only it was a magical flying carpet one

I settled on stir fry too, tossed in hoisin, hot chili sauce & usual suspects into sauce. Hope it’s a hit, like to switch it up

decided to make the boy’s favorite yeast rolls. Trying another hack if using a heating pad under the tin to help them rise. Set up Looks quite strange

I think that`s why I can eat hot pineapple easier than cold....makes sense.

Sounds a good mix for stir fry.....we love hoi sin too. I did plop some teriyaki in with my plum and sweet chilli.....worked well together.

Hope the rolls work out well......and have a lovely dinner!

Afternoon all! Just passing by to say hello. I tried watching some of the 911 reports this morning but had to turn it off....too emotional for me.

I hope everyone is having a nice day! :)

It`s hard to watch, even after 20 years.

Good afternoon. My body must be trying to catch up on missed sleep. I woke up around 7:00, got up, fed the cat, and then decided it was too early to be up. I went back to sleep and slept until 11:30.

20 years ago today started out as just another ordinary day for me. B was almost 10 months old. I was completely oblivious to what was going on until I sat down to check my email. I had belonged to an email group at the time. Suddenly there were messages about the plane flying into the tower. At first my friends thought it was just a horrible accident. When I got to the emails that were discussing that it was not an accident, and there was more than just the one plane, I turned on the TV and watched in stunned, horrified silence.

I had a similar baking disaster many years ago. I tried to recreate a cake I saw in a magazine. It was a chocolate cake, but instead of frosting they had put chocolate pudding between the layers and topped it with whipped cream and cherries. Mine ended up looking like it had been through an earthquake. I think I have a picture of it somewhere.

Hope the second wasn't damaged in spite of the negligence.

But it's always a good time to bake cookies. :)

My husband still has some superhero glasses he got from one of the fast food places decades ago.

Glad it was uneventful. I hate driving through Atlanta.

For me, everything is already washed, I just have to toss them in a suitcase. I'm only going for a couple of days, so packing should be easy. I'm not even going to check a bag on this trip. I will be bringing disposable masks. I have plenty leftover from my Disney trip. No, you do not want to get Covid. Even a mild case like I had is a pain to experience.

I guess I should go find something to do today. I think I will wash all the clothes I wore last week.
Dh will come home tomorrow. It will be nice to have him home. The cat is not much of a conversationalist.

It`s handy if you can fit everything into hand luggage and don`t need a large case for sure. I wish I was as restrained....not for American trips, but even if I go somewhere for a few days, I take far too many outfits. My excuse is, who knows what the weather will be.

I think we all have a disaster don`t we.....lol.....as long as it`s edible at the end, all good.

Good to hear your DH is home tomorrow......

Stir fries done and enjoyed. Have to cook them seperately as Tom doesn`t like fresh ginger. I love it! But, they were very nice.

We only ate one of the pavlovas, they were bigger than I planned :blush: Not quite the individual ones I thought. Lovely though. Ate dessert outside as it was still warm with a glass of prosecco, but headed in soon after as all of a sudden we felt the slight early evening chill.

Movie time soon......will wait for it to be dark.

Hope everyone`s having a lovely Saturday.......

Just wanted to share, GD first paying gig…she’s an extra on one of the movies currently being filmed here

almost shocking how they dolled her up. She’s playing View attachment 604068a guest at a bar mitzvah
Wow. How cool is that? B would be so jealous. She would love to have a part in a movie. Any part.

The conversation about packing got me thinking. I started looking for some of the odds and ends that I need, and I can't find my extra phone charging cord. Time to search the house. It has to be here somewhere.

Cat probably hid it charade ..
Cats do things like that
:rolleyes1

lol……that would make a cool horror movie idea!

Cats are naturally creepy at times……..

Just finished watching Conjuring 3 The Devil made me do it…….it was a very good movie, especially as it was based on a true story. Looked at the real story after it. Pretty amazing. Glad we bought the dvd as I’d watch it again.

still so mild tonight, windows all still open which is nice, fresh air is streaming in gently.

Think we may have a day off of walking tomorrow, May sleep late which means around 6.30am…..you never get out the habit of being an early riser.

Enjoyed a Dark and Stormy too…….love a rum cocktail!

Absolutely devastated. My best friend - who we had a long weekend with in Yorkshire last week - has lost her husband suddenly today. Can’t get my head round it at all. She had only been out for an hour and returned to a silent house and found him on the floor. We are truly shocked and bewildered. Charles was so kind and Kev’s best friend. Please hold her in your thoughts she is bereft.

Absolutely devastated. My best friend - who we had a long weekend with in Yorkshire last week - has lost her husband suddenly today. Can’t get my head round it at all. She had only been out for an hour and returned to a silent house and found him on the floor. We are truly shocked and bewildered. Charles was so kind and Kev’s best friend. Please hold her in your thoughts she is bereft.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll keep you and your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry. Prayers for your friend and her family.

Dropped over $1000, well husband did since he has the job now, at the eye doctor today for all 3 of us. Son had to get regular and sunglass frames/lenses. He is learning to drive and will need sunglasses. Husband and I had to get new lenses. We have insurance, but it just doesn't cover much. Can't wait to get my old glasses back with new lenses. Both hubby and I are sitting around sort of blind/fuzzy using old glasses.

I made taco salad tonight, sans tortilla chips for me. I haven't made this in a while. It takes a bit of time on a weeknight if I am working. I like to make extra ground beef to have later for lunches and freeze. I forgot the cilantro though. We had some really good hatch green chile salsa that I used. I like to mix it into the ground beef and into ranch dressing. I made sure to get unripe black olives for my husband. They are unbrined. My husband calls them bobos; it's the name his father uses for them. My father-in-law is from Chile and has an accent, so we always have to say it with a similar accent. I think we will have grilled fish and steamed broccoli for dinner tomorrow.

Started my fall smelling wax melts. Mmmmm. Fall, sort of. I will start the HHN candle about 2 weeks before we go.

Just finished watching Haunting of Bly Manor. It was really good. We started a Netflix streaming subscription so that we would watch Haunting of Hill House for HHN. Hill House was really good too. I am excited for the house. I have read the books and seen older movies that both of these are based upon. I like the new takes, but they were still faithful to the intent. We are not trying to watch as much as we can on streaming without having to pay for the subscription for too long. We already have the Netflix DVD subscription. We are tight when it comes to streaming subscriptions :rotfl2: I just hate having to pay for every darn show.

That is terrible! My heart goes out to your friend, her family, and you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter