Yesterday was not bad as temps held at 84 in the afternoon so left ac on

today will back to 90 so no turning ac off
This is not a complaint as ac I do like

it is nice when temps do drop and hold at one level
I do enjoy fresh air with windows opened

nice start for the weekend for many of you
And trips are becoming days closer for some homies here

I`d have it on constantly too......

Everyone gets annoyed at me in the winter when the heating is on.....I love to have the windows open for fresh air too.......lol....apparently it`s not the done thing......who cares, I like to be comfortable!

I simply LOVE chocolate pudding! I could eat it all day...any day! :bounce:

lol....I hate it! Not a chocolate fan at all........

I do make an amazing flourless chocolate cake which is my guys favourite and the richest and silkiest chocolate ganache......surprising since I don`t like either......

An 8 mile walk was fun this morning......warm with a little breeze which made it pleasant.

Had a turkey sandwich for lunch with some of the bread left over, popped it in the toaster as I don`t like it next day usually, made up some mayo with English mustard for a real zing with friends tomatoes and some rocket our gardener has been growing, so very nice lunch indeed.

Dinner is now scallops and langoustines.....couldn`t resist a visit to the fish shack as we finished our walk. Will make up a butter sauce to go with them and add some saffron to it.

Making some meringues for tomorrow night. Going to make individual mango and passion fruit pavlovas. The farm store had a glut of mango`s to use up, she said they`d be wonderful to pulp down, hope I can resist and there`s some left over for tomorrow.

Dulling down a little here, supposed to be lightning around, it is still humid but not as bad as last few days.

Time for tea.

Can't get to sleep tonight. I need to get my sleep cycle back on track.
I got a call from the state health department this afternoon. I guess they are tracking people's symptoms and recovery process.

How frustrating. I hope it doesn't take too long to get replaced.

Quality Control.

Today I am 3 weeks away from leaving fro my trip. 🙂
3 weeks!!! It's coming so quickly now!!

Tom hates Brussel sprouts, but for years on the odd occasion I shred them up and stir fry them with pancetta and he does enjoy them that way. I think it`s from growing up when our mothers would boil all veg for 3 weeks before serving, nothign was appetising......

Hope your appetite springs back soon, especially before your trip!

Some pubs just ban children altogether, some let them in but never at the bar area which we like, and most have a curfew on no kids after X time.......it`s nice to have some places that are adult only.

lol.....I have a tiny amount of Italian, not much all German and Swedish apparently.....but we love Everybody Loves Raymond and Tom says sometimes a line from the show when I cook....Carole you`re a pickle away from being a deli......lol......but like you, I love cooking.

One of my nieces thinks putting some chicken tenders and fries in the oven is cooking......I gave up with her years ago :confused3

Now I want to watch Everybody Loves Raymond......I think we have the box set somewhere in among all those dvd`s. I love those actors and think Doris Roberts is brilliant in her smaller role in Christmas Vacation. I remember her also in Remington Steele years ago with Pierce Brosnan. Very 80`s show, but a lot of fun.

We had some heavy rain last night, but this morning it`s just dull but still so humid.

I prefer walking with a little breeze, but when the wind starts on this coast, it forgets to stop, so we`ll enjoy it when we can.

Made some dinner reservations last night for our week in the Cotswolds for October. I saw someone mention on another board I read that they couldn`t get booked for somewhere they like near where we`re going, so as we know three places we want to go back to in the town we will stay, just got them booked last night. Will call another today and at least we`ll have the places we want and look at more soon.

Might have Tom drive to the next town tonight and get us fish and chips from the chippie for dinner, haven`t done it in a while. Friday is their busiest night so there`s always a line even if you call ahead, but we prefer to get it as freshly cooked as possible, so he`ll stand in line and you shout your order when you arrive. The owner is quite a character.

Hope your Friday is a good one......

i-XCtQBwd-Th.jpg

cv111-S.jpg

cv71-S.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday.........:cheer2:
Oh yes, Doris Roberts was a great actress!
I've never watched Remington Steele....may have to give a look....Pierce Brosnan is quite easy on the eyes, lol!

Thanks dental appt went well. He’s the best dentist ever. Been going to him for over 35 yrs. Saw hygienist for cleaning, polishing, floride then him for checkup.

AC isn’t a thing in the pacific NW. We usually have nice summers, but not excessive heat. However the past few years we’ve broken temp records. The June heat wave lasted almost 2 weeks. One day was 104 in the shade 🔥 Then I heard we had another, shorter heat wave in Aug while I was in Wdw. We only have a portable unit. Lived in the basement! I think only 30% have AC but with climate changes more are getting it.

pubs are a thing here too. A leftover from our Brit Heritage?
I was always brown as a kid too. No sunscreen back then. There were Suntan lotions but no sunscreen in it! I recall my mom had Ban de Soiel not even sure of spelling. As young teens we used baby oil with iodine mixed in. The original self tanner!

We have a 3 bin system. Garbage, kitchen & yard waste, then another for paper and plastics. Actually a 4th small container for glass. We aren’t a big city. Pop 33,551

Boring is good! Rest up. Brussels Sprouts I think you either love it or hate it! I love how they do it roasted and with crispy bits.
Despite my miss spent youth I wear sunscreen now! Lol. I grew up on a beach, I can only imagine how much sun damage I have! I’m only surprised I don’t look like an old dried up shoe!

I did take that walk, but much later in the day. After dinner in fact! By the time I got home around 1ish it was too hot to go. So we waited till it cooled down.
No plans tomorrow. Have to go get a few groceries and clean house. Exciting day.
Saturday going out for an outrigger paddle. An ex teammate who moved to Vancouver Island is coming over for the weekend so we’re getting together for a paddle and breakfast.
Also have to help daughter get her vaccine passport online. Since I’ve already done mine. Don’t know if I’ll need it flying home? But it’s done.

Does anyone know how to find the Universal Photos website or FB page. I tried looking for the page on FB. That’s where I found the packages to buy. Had good AP discount. Can’t find it anymore.
Sounds like a fun Saturday planned! Have fun!

Another fan of Everybody Loves Raymond here. I’m a Christmas movie fan and love Doris in the Mrs Miracle movies. My favourite episode is the one when they go to Rome! That being our favourite city destination.

Same as you Schumi it’s our first Fishy Friday for a while. I ring the order through to George and then Em and I go to collect. The best one around us there’s always a queue at weekends. Not for me unfortunately but I’ve been into town for my hair done and called at the fishmonger and got a nice piece of plaice for me. Also some pesto from M&S that is Keto friendly so I’ll be having that with some courgetti too.

Quite a nice day here but not working in the garden today. Few things to sort out so after lunch I’ll get on with the paperwork.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Everybody Loves Raymond is on cable tv all the time....as well as Golden Girls, The Office, Seinfeld, etc. All the classics are aired constantly.

Ah yes, a Friday is here, and a touch of Fall feeling today. But glorious sunshine has been shining through my windows since early. Love seeing the sun.

We have both pubs and bars. Most have a dining room, or a few tables and chairs, so as long as underage not sitting on a bar stool at the bar, kids are usually welcome.

Sue, a paddle and breakfast tomorrow sounds perfect. And yeah, as a kid, my mom used to use baby oil too.

I’m so pale, while I like the sun and warm, I use lots of suntan lotion, and wear a hat to shade more of my face. Still annoyed my kids both tan so nicely, they both got their dad’s dark tanning olive Mediterranean skin, with little one more closer to his color than older one. But since he’s been working outside, for the last month or so, he’s tan. And with little one outside most of this Summer, she’s very tan. She always gets so tan, what is not, looks so much lighter.

And with a lazy Friday here, a very quiet morning. And enjoying a cup of tea, as made bacon and eggs for DH and I. We both are early birds.

Charade, I hope you are feeling good now, and taste and smells have returned.

Nice Schumi and Julie both having a fish Friday dinner. Many around here, particularly in the Spring, fish Friday is a known dinner choice. Tonight? Not sure. Maybe pizza? Yeah, on Friday night, many go out to eat or take out. And while I do cook brussel sprouts, they are rarely on our meal menu. As expected, only little one won’t eat them. The other three of us will eat them.

Metro, I hope your weekend is not a washout. I know there was many concerned about the rain last night, as saw online many said going to HHN last night. Glad it was just a light rain.

Sue, try googling Amazing Pictures Orlando. Best I saw was around $135 for a year, no AP rates. Though they offer different sales all the time. I thought my photo pass I bought for two years, a great deal I had got, had expired in this August when I activated it two years ago. Well, I guess with the closings, it’s now got a this December expiration. As when I said can I add a new year to my photo pass card, when I went to a photo place in the parks, she said no need because it expires in this December. Surprised me, but yay, will get this month’s trip and also used it in our August trip. So I hope you find a good photo pass deal.

Tea for me, and ooh maybe will make some chocolate pudding, as bought fresh milk last night. Yay, a Friday here. Means the weekend starts early for me. Woot!

Have a Fabulous Friday and a most wonderful weekend. Smile homies, a favorite day of the week, a Friday is. Yay!
It's always a good night for pizza!
Chocolate pudding sounds yummy!

Well I still have the ac on day and night

Yesterday was not bad as temps held at 84 in the afternoon so left ac on

today will back to 90 so no turning ac off
This is not a complaint as ac I do like

it is nice when temps do drop and hold at one level
I do enjoy fresh air with windows opened

nice start for the weekend for many of you
And trips are becoming days closer for some homies here
We still have our AC on too. It runs during the day, but not too much on the cooler evenings.
And no heat has been needed at night yet, since it hasn't dipped down very low.

The elk was a success!!! After much reading online, I decided to cook in my cast iron skillet. I was able to achieve the perfect medium rare!!
DH and I both thought it was one of the best meals we've eaten in a long time!

I might check into getting some elk steaks for Xmas eve. I do 'traditional' food for Christmas Day, so I like to prepare something less traditional the evening before.

Feeling a bit like baking today..... which never happens, lol! Think I will make DH some molasses cookies, a favorite of his. And some apple oatmel, my favorite. I can freeze some and bring to DD and her roommates.

For someone who doesn't enjoy baking, I have an abundance of dessert/holiday cookbooks.
They were given out free to customers each year
My favorite cookie recipe is on the bottom right.

Good morning everyone. I finally gave up and took a sleep aid. I slept until 7 this morning.

I am happy today because I just bought my TSO tickets. The venue is only 1.5 hours away, but we will probably get a hotel room for tonight. Neither dh nor I feel like driving back home that late at night. NowI just need to find a nice restaurant in Charlottesville for my birthday dinner.

Tom hates Brussel sprouts, but for years on the odd occasion I shred them up and stir fry them with pancetta and he does enjoy them that way. I think it`s from growing up when our mothers would boil all veg for 3 weeks before serving, nothign was appetising......
Ugh, boiling has got to be the worst way to cook food. I recently had some Brussels sprouts that were cooked with a light honey glaze. They were really good. I just wish I could remember which restaurant served them.

I love those actors and think Doris Roberts is brilliant in her smaller role in Christmas Vacation. I remember her also in Remington Steele years ago with Pierce Brosnan. Very 80`s show, but a lot of fun.
I love Remington Steele. I never missed it when it was originally on.

Boring is good! Rest up. Brussels Sprouts I think you either love it or hate it! I love how they do it roasted and with crispy bits.
Despite my miss spent youth I wear sunscreen now! Lol. I grew up on a beach, I can only imagine how much sun damage I have! I’m only surprised I don’t look like an old dried up shoe!
Oddly they are one of the few vegetables that I like as long as they are cooked well. I used to tan when I was a kid, but the older I got the less time I spent outdoors. Now I burn very easily.

Charade, I hope you are feeling good now, and taste and smells have returned.
Unfortunately not yet, but I am holding out hope they return before my trip.

Speaking of the trip, it is too early for me to start packing, but I have started putting the clothes aside that I plan to take with me.

Last edited:
Several of you were posting while I was posting.

Thought you guys might enjoy this. I won't be buying one.
Cool. If I still lived in FL I would probably get one. I have a VA vanity plate, but it's kind of a generic vanity plate if that makes sense. It's a scenic mountains plate.

I do make an amazing flourless chocolate cake which is my guys favourite and the richest and silkiest chocolate ganache......surprising since I don`t like either......
Sounds yummy. I love chocolate.

I've never watched Remington Steele....may have to give a look....Pierce Brosnan is quite easy on the eyes, lol!
It was a fun show. I highly recommend.

That cake sounds lush and gorgeous! :teeth:

I think you were the first person to point out I used that word Lush a LOT!!! It kind of stuck really.......

3 weeks!!! It's coming so quickly now!!

Oh yes, Doris Roberts was a great actress!

Sounds like a fun Saturday planned! Have fun!

Everybody Loves Raymond is on cable tv all the time....as well as Golden Girls, The Office, Seinfeld, etc. All the classics are aired constantly.

It's always a good night for pizza!
Chocolate pudding sounds yummy!

We still have our AC on too. It runs during the day, but not too much on the cooler evenings.
And no heat has been needed at night yet, since it hasn't dipped down very low.

The elk was a success!!! After much reading online, I decided to cook in my cast iron skillet. I was able to achieve the perfect medium rare!!

I might check into getting some elk steaks for Xmas eve. I do 'traditional' food for Christmas Day, so I like to prepare something less traditional the evening before.

Feeling a bit like baking today..... which never happens, lol! Think I will make DH some molasses cookies, a favorite of his. And some apple oatmel, my favorite. I can freeze some and bring to DD and her roommates.

For someone who doesn't enjoy baking, I have an abundance of dessert/holiday cookbooks.
They were given out free to customers each year
My favorite cookie recipe is on the bottom right.
View attachment 603722

Glad the elk was such a success!! Yes, it`s always nice to try something a little different...and even better it works!

You and I are twins at times.......baking isn`t my favourite thing, but I do have successes and enjoy it when I do. My one big disaster a while back was when I tried a Croquembouche......lol....it was devoured with relish, but did not look like it was supposed to.....more like an avalanche.......:rotfl:

I love cookbooks and although Mediterranean cookery isn`t our favourite, books by Elizabeth David are amazing. She writes so beautifully, if ever you see one have a look, you`d enjoy it.

Yes Remington Steele was fun and Doris Roberts stole the show at times....yes even from the lovely Peirce.......

Hope everything goes well tomorrow Lori, just in case I don`t catch you before.....will be thinking of you.

Hey Charade popped in........yes boiled veg can be gross.....and brussel sprouts are the worst for overcooking. Stir fried works well when they`re shredded.

Glad you got the tickets you wanted......and good luck with the restaurant choice.

I`d have it on constantly too......

Everyone gets annoyed at me in the winter when the heating is on.....I love to have the windows open for fresh air too.......lol....apparently it`s not the done thing......who cares, I like to be comfortable!

lol....I hate it! Not a chocolate fan at all........

An 8 mile walk was fun this morning......warm with a little breeze which made it pleasant.

Had a turkey sandwich for lunch with some of the bread left over, popped it in the toaster as I don`t like it next day usually, made up some mayo with English mustard for a real zing with friends tomatoes and some rocket our gardener has been growing, so very nice lunch indeed.

Dinner is now scallops and langoustines.....couldn`t resist a visit to the fish shack as we finished our walk. Will make up a butter sauce to go with them and add some saffron to it.

Making some meringues for tomorrow night. Going to make individual mango and passion fruit pavlovas. The farm store had a glut of mango`s to use up, she said they`d be wonderful to pulp down, hope I can resist and there`s some left over for tomorrow.

Dulling down a little here, supposed to be lightning around, it is still humid but not as bad as last few days.

Time for tea.
You are making me drool, Carole! Scallopes AND langoustines?? OMG!!
The pavlovas sound divine too!

Good morning everyone. I finally gave up and too a sleep aid. I slept until 7 this morning.

I am happy today because I just bought my TSO tickets. The venue is only 1.5 hours away, but we will probably get a hotel room for tonight. Neither dh not I feel like driving back home that late at night. Noe I just need to find a nice restaurant in Charlottesville for my birthday dinner.

Ugh, boiling has got to be the worst way to cook food. I recently had some Brussels sprouts that were cooked with a light honey glaze. They were really good. I just wish I could remember which restaurant served them.

I love Remington Steele. I never missed it when it was originally on.

Oddly they are one of the few vegetables that I like as long as they are cooked well. I used to tan when I was a kid, but the older I got the less time I spent outdoors. Now I burn very easily.

Unfortunately not yet, but I am holding out hope they return before my trip.

Speaking of the trip, it is too early for me to start packing, but I have started putting the clothes aside that I plan to take with me.
YAY for the TSO tickets!! I hope you love it! Good idea to stay over....when DD saw them, they played for over 3 hours with only 1 short break.

Several of you were posting while I was posting.

Cool. If I still lived in FL I would probably get one. I have a VA vanity plate, but it's kind of a generic vanity plate if that makes sense. It's a scenic mountains plate.

Sounds yummy. I love chocolate.

It was a fun show. I highly recommend.
I will check it out!

I think you were the first person to point out I used that word Lush a LOT!!! It kind of stuck really.......

Glad the elk was such a success!! Yes, it`s always nice to try something a little different...and even better it works!

You and I are twins at times.......baking isn`t my favourite thing, but I do have successes and enjoy it when I do. My one big disaster a while back was when I tried a Croquembouche......lol....it was devoured with relish, but did not look like it was supposed to.....more like an avalanche.......:rotfl:

I love cookbooks and although Mediterranean cookery isn`t our favourite, books by Elizabeth David are amazing. She writes so beautifully, if ever you see one have a look, you`d enjoy it.

Yes Remington Steele was fun and Doris Roberts stole the show at times....yes even from the lovely Peirce.......

Hope everything goes well tomorrow Lori, just in case I don`t catch you before.....will be thinking of you.

Hey Charade popped in........yes boiled veg can be gross.....and brussel sprouts are the worst for overcooking. Stir fried works well when they`re shredded.

Glad you got the tickets you wanted......and good luck with the restaurant choice.
I tried a Croquembouche at a celebration when I was in France many years ago. WOW!!
So incredibly beautiful and delicious!
Bravo to you for giving it a try....I bet it tasted great, even if it was an avalanche, lol!

Thank you for the good wishes for tomorrow:hug:

LOL...I always enjoy when you use lush to describe good food.

I had the Jamestown plate when I lived there. They have a lot of different ones as does Florida.

:wave2:doing a morning pit stop before I'm off shuffling papers.

Beautiful day here. It was very cool this morning - not much above freezing. There was a slight fog on my windows that needed me to use defrost air to be able to see out. Hopefully it gets as warm as the weatherperson says. Weekend weather looks great too. I'll take whatever good weather we get.

Not much planned for the weekend. I'm sure I'll find a way to keep busy ;) That is never a problem for me.

What a great idea. Who is his favorite driver?
He doesn't have a favorite driver right now. He was a Jimmy Johnson fan...and we were supposed to go see him last fall in one of his last races. He retired last year. He is cheering for both the fords and chev's. I found Aric Almirola ( chev #10 ) Hubby always comments about him. Also I seen that Jamie Little - she interviews the drivers in pit row, track and medic stations. I would love to have Kurt Bush send him a message...,but for $300.00 (plus exchange) it is a little out of my price range of what I had budgeted for his birthday surprises.
Saturday going out for an outrigger paddle. An ex teammate who moved to Vancouver Island is coming over for the weekend so we’re getting together for a paddle and breakfast.
Also have to help daughter get her vaccine passport online. Since I’ve already done mine. Don’t know if I’ll need it flying home? But it’s done.
How fun!!!!! Enjoy your time together. I will need to look at getting our vaccine passports done as well.
Yay!!!!!!!!!! That's great. I will be looking at getting one of those cast iron griddle skillets that I can put into the oven for out venison meats. I don't think they will do well in the air-fryer.

Well, I should get to shuffling some papers.

Take care everyone...and stay safe. Have a great day :flower:

got a call from the state health department this afternoon. I guess they are tracking people's symptoms and recovery process.
encouraging to hear they are following thru there!
my mom cooked them in a pressure cooker, then she’d top them with cheez whiz & bacon bits. Those toppings make anything palatable.

When i do rarely make them, crisp them up with balsamic Had them servedvery thinly sliced on top of a salad…um, just say no.
Some pubs just ban children altogether, some let them in but never at the bar area which we like, and most have a curfew on no kids after X time.......it`s nice to have some places that are adult only.
Yes, it’s a completely different situation when there are distinct areas, even if separated by a partial wall sort of thing. A curfew is a wonderful compromise.
One of my nieces thinks putting some chicken tenders and fries in the oven is cooking......I gave up with her years ago :confused3
lol I was thrilled when my DSs learned to use air fryer to make the above & burgers.
Thanks dental appt went well. He’s the best dentist ever. Been going to him for over 35 yrs. Saw hygienist for cleaning, polishing, floride then him for checkup.
a reliable dentist is worth his weight in gold…filings lol
I recall my mom had Ban de Soiel not even sure of spelling. As young teens we used baby oil with iodine mixed in. The original self tanner!
been there lol. That sustain lotion was the fancy stuff back in the day.
I’ve been into town for my hair done
always such a lift to the spirts. went to a different salon to get my bangs & blunt cut freshened up the end of June as my regular girl moved out of state. was a bit creeped out that nobody was wearing a mask but me. To her credit, the stylist put one on after she saw me wearing one. i was still uncomfortable with the whole process as such close quarters.

We have both pubs and bars. Most have a dining room, or a few tables and chairs, so as long as underage not sitting on a bar stool at the bar, kids are usually welcome.
I‘m sure I’m preaching to the choir here as to PAs liquor laws. However, the LCB is absolutely no joke. Their agents rightfully enforce things strongly in our area. all the better to keep out the riff-raff! I‘m hearing they amped up even more during the pandemic, as to masking when not actively eating & drinking.

Moonlighting, I managed a bar (that served food) back in the day. A very popular one In nearby town. The LCB rules struck me as very Confusing & archaic.

if i had a dime for every person I’ve carded in my life :rolleyes1

Owner decided to simplify things & institute a no minors at the bar edict Thank you very much, kids take up valuable real estate of the bartenders who rely on tips.

Bar didn’t have food sales account for 50% of gross, so another layer of rules popped up:crazy2: If a minor seated at a table, could only serve them food if there was a qualifying guardian (25+ present). no liquor served to others in the party until ID’d. Resulting in those not regulars, often storming off in a huff

ugh to the sorts that feel stated rules don’t apply to them & it‘s ok to berate the waitstaff for following the laws. don’t let the door hit you on the way out...go find a sketchy place

PSA aside here, I’ve seen some unfortunate incidents pop up out of nowhere:confused3far better to take your kids to a restaurant that serves food & liquor, leaving bars for the ’adults’ IMO

I simply LOVE chocolate pudding! I could eat it all day...any day! :bounce:

Thought you guys might enjoy this. I won't be buying one.

https://myfloridaspecialtyplate.com/disneyworldorder.html
Saw that it passed a bit ago, would love to have that one. In PA we only have rear plates, Had a plate that spelled out doombugy on front of my then small black SUV that made me smile.

All this talk of baking makes me want to bake! I used to bake every week and do our bread too. Our favourite chocolate cake is a recipe Nigella Lawson brought to popularity but I Tweeted her a page from my Mum’s handwritten recipe book with the same recipe - dated 1959! Chocolate Guinness Cake. She very kindly replied so that made my day.

Love to hear all your ticket buying and planning news. The longer we go confined to no flights the more we get used to it. Though we have Dubai booked for next May even that might not happen as certainly wouldn’t put baby at risk but DIL returns to Virgin Atlantic in January so the prospects of travel must be on the horizon…..eventually.

Raining here tonight but it’s been pleasant snd warm all day.

my mom cooked them in a pressure cooker, then she’d top them with cheez whiz & bacon bits. Those toppings make anything palatable.

When i do rarely make them, crisp them up with balsamic Had them servedvery thinly sliced on top of a salad…um, just say no.

Yes, it’s a completely different situation when there are distinct areas, even if separated by a partial wall sort of thing. A curfew is a wonderful compromise.

lol I was thrilled when my DSs learned to use air fryer to make the above & burgers.

always such a lift to the spirts. went to a different salon to get my bangs & blunt cut freshened up the end of June as my regular girl moved out of state. was a bit creeped out that nobody was wearing a mask but me. To her credit, the stylist put one on after she saw me wearing one. i was still uncomfortable with the whole process as such close quarters.

I‘m sure I’m preaching to the choir here as to PAs liquor laws. However, the LCB is absolutely no joke. Their agents rightfully enforce things strongly in our area. all the better to keep out the riff-raff! I‘m hearing they amped up even more during the pandemic, as to masking when not actively eating & drinking.

Moonlighting, I managed a bar (that served food) back in the day. A very popular one In nearby town. The LCB rules struck me as very Confusing & archaic.

Owner decided to simplify things & institute a no minors at the bar edict Thank you very much, kids take up valuable real estate of the bartenders who rely on tips.

Bar didn’t have food sales account for 50% of gross, so another layer of rules popped up:crazy2: If a minor seated at a table, could only serve them food if there was a qualifying guardian (25+ present). no liquor served to others in the party until ID’d. Resulting in those not regulars, often storming off in a huff

ugh to the sorts that feel stated rules don’t apply to them & it‘s ok to berate the waitstaff for following the laws. don’t let the door hit you on the way out...go find a sketchy place

PSA aside here, I’ve seen some unfortunate incidents pop up out of nowhere:confused3far better to take your kids to a restaurant that serves food & liquor, leaving bars for the ’adults’ IMO

Saw that it passed a bit ago, would love to have that one. In PA we only have rear plates, Had a plate that spelled out doombugy on front of my then small black SUV that made me smile.

Yes, not really a fan of brussel sprouts in any shape to be honest, can`t eat them now anyway, but usually I`d say balsamic vinegar helps many things.....maybe.....but in a salad......er, no.....

Airfryers......lol....I just can`t find the appeal......I know many love them, but not for me.......for kids yes, they seem ideal. Although you did tempt me with your crab cakes......

Kids in bars.....I remember one evening we were sitting at the bar in Cowfish, one couple sat their 4 kids along the bar with an electronic game thingy each......ordered them water and they sat with whatever they had......taking up 6 seats and the bar staff were annoyed. Then they didn`t tip correctly....there`s another tale!! I agree, leave bars/pubs for the adults......

cv2-S.jpg

Yep, heard that comment a few times!!

We have rain. And it`s much needed after the dry hot spell we`ve had recently. Still no lightning, but not unusual, they promise us thunder and lightning and it never transpires.

it`s been dark for a while now, so the house feels very cosy with lamps and candles on. Going to watch the final Insidious movie soon......then it`s lamps off in here and candlelight only.....it`s the rule for watching scary movies...... ::yes::

Blackberry gin and fizzy lemonade for us tonight....just the one though......

Not a big gin fan, probably because I’ve never had other than unflavored in a gin & tonic but…

almost tempted to run to
Liquor store! Sounds amazing, 🍻

Janet, it`s weird....I detest gin with a passion and hate tonic water........but flavoured gin is a completely different beast! We both enjoy them....and I have tried a few now........:rolleyes1

Purely for research of course........:thumbsup2

lol.....mac....yep no sprouts please.......but.....if you did want to share a certain dessert.........::yes::::yes::::yes::

Tom just that`s first on the list from Publix!!

:wave2:doing a morning pit stop before I'm off shuffling papers.

Beautiful day here. It was very cool this morning - not much above freezing. There was a slight fog on my windows that needed me to use defrost air to be able to see out. Hopefully it gets as warm as the weatherperson says. Weekend weather looks great too. I'll take whatever good weather we get.

Not much planned for the weekend. I'm sure I'll find a way to keep busy ;) That is never a problem for me.

He doesn't have a favorite driver right now. He was a Jimmy Johnson fan...and we were supposed to go see him last fall in one of his last races. He retired last year. He is cheering for both the fords and chev's. I found Aric Almirola ( chev #10 ) Hubby always comments about him. Also I seen that Jamie Little - she interviews the drivers in pit row, track and medic stations. I would love to have Kurt Bush send him a message...,but for $300.00 (plus exchange) it is a little out of my price range of what I had budgeted for his birthday surprises.

How fun!!!!! Enjoy your time together. I will need to look at getting our vaccine passports done as well.

Yay!!!!!!!!!! That's great. I will be looking at getting one of those cast iron griddle skillets that I can put into the oven for out venison meats. I don't think they will do well in the air-fryer.

Well, I should get to shuffling some papers.

Take care everyone...and stay safe. Have a great day :flower:
Brrr....barely above freezing? Not ready for that yet! Keep snuggly and have a good weekend!

Doombuggy, that's cute!

All this talk of baking makes me want to bake! I used to bake every week and do our bread too. Our favourite chocolate cake is a recipe Nigella Lawson brought to popularity but I Tweeted her a page from my Mum’s handwritten recipe book with the same recipe - dated 1959! Chocolate Guinness Cake. She very kindly replied so that made my day.

Love to hear all your ticket buying and planning news. The longer we go confined to no flights the more we get used to it. Though we have Dubai booked for next May even that might not happen as certainly wouldn’t put baby at risk but DIL returns to Virgin Atlantic in January so the prospects of travel must be on the horizon…..eventually.

Raining here tonight but it’s been pleasant snd warm all day.
The apple oatmeal cookies are done, now on to the molasses!!

Yes, not really a fan of brussel sprouts in any shape to be honest, can`t eat them now anyway, but usually I`d say balsamic vinegar helps many things.....maybe.....but in a salad......er, no.....

Airfryers......lol....I just can`t find the appeal......I know many love them, but not for me.......for kids yes, they seem ideal. Although you did tempt me with your crab cakes......

Kids in bars.....I remember one evening we were sitting at the bar in Cowfish, one couple sat their 4 kids along the bar with an electronic game thingy each......ordered them water and they sat with whatever they had......taking up 6 seats and the bar staff were annoyed. Then they didn`t tip correctly....there`s another tale!! I agree, leave bars/pubs for the adults......

cv2-S.jpg

Yep, heard that comment a few times!!

We have rain. And it`s much needed after the dry hot spell we`ve had recently. Still no lightning, but not unusual, they promise us thunder and lightning and it never transpires.

it`s been dark for a while now, so the house feels very cosy with lamps and candles on. Going to watch the final Insidious movie soon......then it`s lamps off in here and candlelight only.....it`s the rule for watching scary movies...... ::yes::

Blackberry gin and fizzy lemonade for us tonight....just the one though......
Still haven't made it to the big liquor store to search for the blackberry gin. I do have my pink strawberry gin to make a fun drink!

If we ever do a sans potluck dinner as a group, I’ll remember not to bring Brussels sprouts as assume I would be the only one that would eat them

We have that vegetable weekly
I like brussels sprouts!! Seasoned and roasted in the oven, yum!!

Janet, it`s weird....I detest gin with a passion and hate tonic water........but flavoured gin is a completely different beast! We both enjoy them....and I have tried a few now........:rolleyes1

Purely for research of course........:thumbsup2

lol.....mac....yep no sprouts please.......but.....if you did want to share a certain dessert.........::yes::::yes::::yes::

Tom just that`s first on the list from Publix!!
It's not for everyone....but I do love my Bombay Sapphire gin and tonics! Lime and olives too!

The house is smelling like fall with the first batch of cookies! Time to start the second kind. I love the cinnamon, ginger, clove combo....so fragrant!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter