I should of had dogs
They sound cheaper to keep

Two weeks ago was cat week in our house for semi yearly vet check

$357 for Bluer on check up and shots
$1200 for Luna for same as above plus dental surgery

Its similar to putting a kid through school
Lol
Oh wow!
Anytime its surgery, or an emergency vet visit....those dollars add up fast!

Hope Luna is doing ok after her surgery!

Luna is being a very busy brat
Very clingy just like a toddler...

I keep thinking it will get better tomorrow....
(still waiting for tomorrow)

She had more teeth removed but found an issue with the jaw bone so I am giving her some slack as we would have to let her go to sleep if it gets worse.

In the meantime, she prefers sleeping in middle of my bed more than her cat bed .....

mac...hope Luna picks up soon. She`ll be well looked after for sure, and there will be a tomorrow.....just might not be anytime soon when she`s so comfy......lol......

Another gorgeous and sunny morning here.....we`re being spoiled with sunshine, just wish it was a tad warmer...or a lot warmer!

No shopping required today, grocery delivery coming tomorrow afternoon and will visit butcher Friday, fruit and veg place too. I think next week I`ll brave a regular store that sells household items. I could be doing with some new items and a new stock pot. Didn`t want to order online as I like to see them before I buy.

This morning is another walking morning, sunshades and warm hat is still very weird.

And counting down to new hair do.....simple things. Need to think about what`s for dinner tonight. Croissants with preserves for breakfast, shrimp sandwiches for lunch but dinner....hmm.

i-VQHqgQ5-S.gif

2F60A0A1-0670-4D3E-9DBB-4F0D048498F8-S.jpg

cv29-M.jpg

cv55-Th.jpg

😉

Happy Wednesday :)

BEC24977-ACD7-480C-B87C-ECA25153031C.jpeg

Ah yes, a clear morning start. Camel reminder here, as while 45 out, they are enjoying this beautiful sunrise of a Wednesday. Yay!

So homies, welcome to this middle of the week. Woot! Means that fabulous Friday greetings will be 2 days from today. Hump of a day as surely most have already enjoyed our first three days of this new week. Hoping all enjoy the last three days of our week, and have a wonderful Wednesday. Woot!

Yeah, that clear sky start will not be for long. Clouds to come soon, then those place your bets chances of rain starting in the afternoon. Hence, while lunchtime walk will hopefully be a dry one, may take an umbrella instead of my sunglasses. But hey, as with most rain we get, high temp will be 64. So maybe also a jacket or none, will see if close to that high temp by around noon.

And so, as booted up, doves could be heard cooing. Aww, I guess I woke them up. Either way, I do enjoy hearing their cooing. But as screen has been on for some time now, time for tea refill and my not so excited breakfast.

Hope Luna is doing better today, Mac. Yep, always an expense when a vet visit, particularly with surgery costs included.

Finally, yay, Schumi’s grocery deliveries will keep her pantry well stocked. Hope you are enjoying your tea and hope your walk was nice. Woot, as your hair salon visit is tomorrow.

:wave2: Good Morning homies.

Good Wednesday morning Sans family :wave2:

0C683627-E0B9-492D-A5B9-24837497A343.jpeg

8FDD5CDA-4C71-45C2-A3C1-962353152D95.jpeg

5E006BE8-DE37-4A17-B9AF-473890A79F5D.jpeg

Robbie, they are beautiful!!!

Truly, I am so impressed with what you have done there......your granddaughter and everyone involved wi

Thanks Schumi. I hope she will like her Bridal Shower.

Robbie could set up the shingle and make a whopping business for special events

She has the touch to impress !

Your gd will be in awe with the shower :love:

Thanks Mac.

Was tickled to run into a few old friends tho...apologies for the picture quality/picked up mirror reflection from backgrou

Love the Zombie pics.

Beautiful! You have such a great talent for decorating.

Thank you.

Love poached eggs with canadian bacon on an english muffin, topped with hollandaise sauce. Yum!

Eggs Benedict Count me in.

Tomorrow will be conecuh and shrimp with red beans and rice. I adore conecuh sausage! I first tried it in Alabama, and I think it is only available regionally.

I haven’t heard of about that sausage. Looked it up online and it said that it was Alabama’s gift to the world. I looked at ingredients and it has MSG so I couldn’t have it.

Have you ever had Boudin sausage? It’s delicious. I had this while in Louisiana.

Smokers yuk......I hate even following someone in front of us smoking, you can smell it for miles. And as for while eating....bleurgh.......Not a single one of our friends smoke, and have never, ever allowed anyone to smoke in our homes. One aquaintance does, but he only smokes outside their home, so the house doesn`t stink of smoke. One of our friends does have the occasional cigar....or the stink sticks as we call them....but not anywhere near anyone else.

No one is allowed to smoke in our house either. Not a fan of smoke in outside dining areas. Not sure if those Electronic cigarettes are popular over UK, but they stink too.

Oh yes I did get an appointment....Thursday morning, an early one at 8.30........woooohoooooo!!!! Highlights and a cut and blow dry.......might need to see what kind of day it is and see if it`s warm to sit outside somewhere for lunch as I`ll have a new do`.......even just one of the fish and chip shops......we`ll see.

Yeah.....for hair appointment.

I finally got a response this morning from our health authority about a job I had applied to. Because of covid, I am doing a written interview. I am super excited to get a response, and know that at least they are looking at my resume and it's not just being tossed or overlooked. I guess we will see what happens next!

Good luck on the job written interview.

Those are beautiful decorations!!!!! You definitely have a talent for that.

Thank you.

I can’t sleep. Too much to worry about. I got a call from my cousin this afternoon. The nursing home plans to release my mom on Thursday. My cousin thinks it is too soon. Mom hasn’t had enough physical rehab, and my cousin doesn’t think that my Aunt is capable of caring for my mom by herself. My aunt is about 14 years younger than Mom, but diabetic, and recently suffered a concussion. My cousin is looking into home health care services, but in not sure what Mom’s Medicare plan will cover. Apparently it is not a very good plan. On the one hand I think Mom would be better living in a nursing home where she has professionals caring for her. On the other hand, I know that is the last place she wants to be. I think if she had to move to a nursing home she would just give up and would not be around much longer.
Taking an emergency trip to Georgia today to sit down with my siblings and discuss the future of Mom’s healthcare.

Great sound advice from Keisha. As family you can appeal the discharge from Rehab. You can let the Medicare discharge person or Social Worker at the facility know that you all do not feel she is ready to be discharged. Medicare will pay for a certain number of days if the person has a skilled need ie..needs physical therapy, wound care etc. I think it used to be 120 days.

The rules for Home Health used to be that if a person was Home
Bound (except for MD follow up visits) post hospitalization and had a Doctors order and had a skilled need they could receive Nursing visits, Home Aides to help with bathing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Social Worker to help with any needed advice.

Some places have transitional possibilities for people like Keisha was talking about. They have assisted living and when needed they can transfer to next building when Nursing Home care is required. My brother in law was in one of those places and it was awesome. It was expensive, but worked for him.

I know this is not a easy thing to have to go through. I wish you, your family and Mom the best as you work through this decision.

Walked into the village then down to the shore and walked for miles today, it was so gorgeous........

Beautiful beach to walk on. Sunshine and blue sky.

And making mango fool for dessert as I have a glut of them to use up.

Looked that up. Looks yummy.

Took both dogs to the vet this morning. And $535 later.....
Barney eats a special food, so bought a 27 pound bag of that. He needed a complete blood panel for his allergy med. Also needed a lyme test and another booster vaccine of some sort.
Hatley had her nails trimmed, a fecal sample done for the heartworm meds. I bought 6 months of heartworm pills for both dogs. She also needed lyme test and another something to two!!
I think they are both set for a good, long time!!

Yep, fur babies are like little children they do cost money to care for, but when you love your fur babies you do what ever is needed to care for the. I have 6 fur baby grand dogs.

And counting down to new hair do.....simple things. Need to think about what`s for dinner tonight. Croissants with preserves for breakfast, shrimp sandwiches for lunch but dinner....hmm.

Sounds like yummy meals. Love the memes.

Our daughter is having eye surgery Friday. She has been having issues with her left eye since January after receiving the Moderna vaccine. She is a Respiratory Therapist in the hospital. She is one of the rare few they have acknowledged with post vaccine induced vitritis that has worsened even after aggressive treatments with oral meds and eye drops. It has caused infection, swelling and fluid accumulation and her retina to tear.

She had suspected it was the vaccine from the beginning, but no one would confirm it until this past week it was acknowledged a few other cases have been linked to Moderna and confirmed.

So we are praying the surgery will help.

Staying busy with things around here. I cleaned off screened in porch yesterday. I took all patio furniture and cleaned it and cushions and the large rug. I scrubbed the patio and planted some grass seed in some areas that needed filled in the yard. Then laid down some new grass fertilizer. Will see if the grass will germinate in this cooler weather.

It’s supposed to be cooler here for the next week. Low sixties. Not much sun yesterday and looks like not much for today.

This has been a big change here on the weather front for me. Florida had been in the 80’s and sunshine everyday here we can fluctuate pretty good.

Mandates are being lifted slowly here Mac, but everyone is still wearing masks in stores. The restaurants in Florida and here are open for inside and outside dining.

I’am making masks for granddaughters shower. Keeping with Tiffany theme colors. Each guest will get a gift bag with a mask, small bottle hand sanitizer and some other goodies.

859FD950-10A7-4174-BBC1-190E7244045B.jpeg

My Canadian neighbor from Florida called yesterday and said it was hot there and the sun was shining. She is getting things pulled together to leave and go back to Canada. She is not looking forward to returning to Canada as everything is shutdown.

Overcast today. May just go for a walk if it does not rain.

Shout out to Tink and all the Sans family who do not post much anymore.

Lynne hope your tea is hot and tasty this morning.

Just talked to elderly neighbor in Florida she is going to be 87 in May and she looks like she is 65. I brought her a birthday present before we left. She is always so nice to remember others birthdays. She is a fun person to be around. I always enjoy talking to her.

Have a great Wednesday Sans family.

Oh Robo, I hope your daughter’s surgery goes well. Sending some good thoughts her eye is good when over the surgery. Sad it caused such an effect from the vaccine. My tea has been quite nice, thank you. Hope you are enjoying a cup of coffee in your HHN mug. Very pretty masks. Your masks are so nice to have. And yes, I have a friend in Fla, and she also said it’s been hot. Phone said FLA red flag warning the other day, so must be dry enough down there, and with the heat, hotter feeling.

Saw what they called gorilla sized hail that fell in Texas. Ack, never luckily had that sized hail. Though have seen golf ball sized one years ago. Here, we are in what is called unsettled weather. Hence, rain and more rain in our recent forecasts. But more tea for me, and kids are in their online classes. So busy house right now.

Robbie sending hugs and prayers your daughter will recover completely.

anything about the eyes being effected is very scary
Praying all will be fine and healed in time

the masks you made are fantastic
You have a true gift with what you make!

when we moved from the north, we gave away many things to neighbors as no room on the moving van
Sewing machine was one thing that went to a neighbor
Miss that machine ..

I need to buy more boxes of masks so will call around for stores that have supplies
Our town/ area rarely has peeps wearing masks since Georgia is mask free

when I launder my cloth masks I made a mistake and put them in the dryer
Big opps

live and you learn..

it is alwaysso nice to catch up and read how others are doing when I look at the sans each morning

hope all the homies are fine and plan on having a great day!

Way behind on posts. Hope everyone is well.

I have been working on getting our taxes done. Ours are not very complicated but I offered to do my brother and nephews. I think they think I know what I am doing....the joke is on them. :rotfl2: Two down, one to go. Waiting on more docs from nephew. Glad the deadline was extended.

I am going to a scrapbooking event with my friend and her mom this weekend. I haven't scrapbooked in several years so I need to get my stuff together for that. I am so unorganized so that is going to take a while.... It is a two day event starting Friday night. It will be fun just to get out of the house and spend the day with friends. My friend and I have known each other since we were 7, when I moved in next door. She was my matron of honor at my wedding and one of my best friends. Our moms have been neighbors for 40 years so she is like a second mom to me. I am looking forward to spending time with them.

Like Mac, we have been getting quotes on a new HVAC system. Wow, the prices are much higher than I was anticipating but I our unit is old and is not putting out cold air on those hot summer days so it is time.

Sunny day today but I think rain for this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi Cam. Good to see ya here. Have fun scraping this weekend. Neat to know someone that long. I have one like that, and a few from my college days. Yeah, we did our heater one year, our AC the next, and the next year, after that our roof. Yeah, house poor is a good thought after those home expenses. But hey, at least cool air will be ready when the heat comes. Will be nice to have new too.

Off to my lunch walk, still bright enough, and feels warm enough, pants, but short sleeve shirt and sunglasses. Woot!

Like Mac, we have been getting quotes on a new HVAC system. Wow, the prices are much higher than I was anticipating but I our unit is old and is not putting out cold air on those hot summer days so it is time.

Prices are in a better range where we live
When we were in Chicago everything was expensive!

View attachment 568398

View attachment 568397

View attachment 568396

Thanks Mac.

Love the Zombie pics.

Thank you.

I haven’t heard of about that sausage. Looked it up online and it said that it was Alabama’s gift to the world. I looked at ingredients and it has MSG so I couldn’t have it.

Have you ever had Boudin sausage? It’s delicious. I had this while in Louisiana.

No one is allowed to smoke in our house either. Not a fan of smoke in outside dining areas. Not sure if those Electronic cigarettes are popular over UK, but they stink too.

Thank you.

Great sound advice from Keisha. As family you can appeal the discharge from Rehab. You can let the Medicare discharge person or Social Worker at the facility know that you all do not feel she is ready to be discharged. Medicare will pay for a certain number of days if the person has a skilled need ie..needs physical therapy, wound care etc. I think it used to be 120 days.

Bound (except for MD follow up visits) post hospitalization and had a Doctors order and had a skilled need they could receive Nursing visits, Home Aides to help with bathing, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Social Worker to help with any needed advice.

Some places have transitional possibilities for people like Keisha was talking about. They have assisted living and when needed they can transfer to next building when Nursing Home care is required. My brother in law was in one of those places and it was awesome. It was expensive, but worked for him.

I know this is not a easy thing to have to go through. I wish you, your family and Mom the best as you work through this decision.

Yep, fur babies are like little children they do cost money to care for, but when you love your fur babies you do what ever is needed to care for the. I have 6 fur baby grand dogs.

Our daughter is having eye surgery Friday. She has been having issues with her left eye since January after receiving the Moderna vaccine. She is a Respiratory Therapist in the hospital. She is one of the rare few they have acknowledged with post vaccine induced vitritis that has worsened even after aggressive treatments with oral meds and eye drops. It has caused infection, swelling and fluid accumulation and her retina to tear.

She had suspected it was the vaccine from the beginning, but no one would confirm it until this past week it was acknowledged a few other cases have been linked to Moderna and confirmed.

Staying busy with things around here. I cleaned off screened in porch yesterday. I took all patio furniture and cleaned it and cushions and the large rug. I scrubbed the patio and planted some grass seed in some areas that needed filled in the yard. Then laid down some new grass fertilizer. Will see if the grass will germinate in this cooler weather.

It’s supposed to be cooler here for the next week. Low sixties. Not much sun yesterday and looks like not much for today.

This has been a big change here on the weather front for me. Florida had been in the 80’s and sunshine everyday here we can fluctuate pretty good.

Mandates are being lifted slowly here Mac, but everyone is still wearing masks in stores. The restaurants in Florida and here are open for inside and outside dining.

I’am making masks for granddaughters shower. Keeping with Tiffany theme colors. Each guest will get a gift bag with a mask, small bottle hand sanitizer and some other goodies.

View attachment 568405

My Canadian neighbor from Florida called yesterday and said it was hot there and the sun was shining. She is getting things pulled together to leave and go back to Canada. She is not looking forward to returning to Canada as everything is shutdown.

Just talked to elderly neighbor in Florida she is going to be 87 in May and she looks like she is 65. I brought her a birthday present before we left. She is always so nice to remember others birthdays. She is a fun person to be around. I always enjoy talking to her.

Oh Robbie, all good wishes for your daughter on Friday. What a worrying reaction to the Moderna vaccine. I don`t think we`ve even heard of any reactions like that over here. All good wishes sent her way for Friday and massive hugs to you and Mr Robo. What a worry for you all.

Yes, your masks are gorgeous too.....it will be spectacular.......

Yes, sadly vaping and E Cigs are as popular over here too....and yes they also stink so bad. I`ve often thought the car in front was on fire as you see a plume of vapour coming out the drivers window.....one of my friends bought a house that had heavy smokers in it. She redecorated everything, removed everything including the windows, doors....I swear you can still get that odour when you walk in, she thinks so as well. Completely disgusting.

I`m allergic to MSG too Robbie......it`s in so many things you don`t expect at times.

Hope you`re doing good......

I have been working on getting our taxes done. Ours are not very complicated but I offered to do my brother and nephews. I think they think I know what I am doing....the joke is on them. :rotfl2: Two down, one to go. Waiting on more docs from nephew. Glad the deadline was extended.

I am going to a scrapbooking event with my friend and her mom this weekend. I haven't scrapbooked in several years so I need to get my stuff together for that. I am so unorganized so that is going to take a while.... It is a two day event starting Friday night. It will be fun just to get out of the house and spend the day with friends. My friend and I have known each other since we were 7, when I moved in next door. She was my matron of honor at my wedding and one of my best friends. Our moms have been neighbors for 40 years so she is like a second mom to me. I am looking forward to spending time with them.

So good to see you post cam......

Oh aren`t friends like that just wonderful!! How lovely you still keep in touch and both mums are close too. You did remind me I haven`t spoken to my matron of honour in too long.....will call her tomorrow.

I`ve never got into scrapbooking. It`s so popular and many friends do it......

Hope you don`t get too much rain and can enjoy a walk.

Ended up with a couple of friends round this afternoon.....managed to sit in the garden which was swathed in sunshine and no cool breeze, so it was very nice. Had a good old chatter and passed the afternoon nicely. All four of us are at the salon tomorrow, different salons and times, but may try and meet up for an outdoor lunch if we can, long as the weather is still as nice, which it`s supposed to be.

Ended up making beefburgers tonight and some sweet potato wedges. Couldn`t finish mine as we had nibbles this afternoon....made a few little appetisers up. But what I had was lovely.

Sun is still shining brightly tonight, we`ve had the nicest week or so weather wise and more to come. But, tree pollen is high right now and my eyes are stinging at night now from about 9pm onwards. Not as bad as grass pollen coming next. That annoys eyes and nose.

Hair salon tomorrow.....cannot wait!!

cam we started searching last fall and was on a wait list for a company and yesterday was set up to start the hvac job
we have two floors and two separate hvac systems (heat and air)
Downstairs is $ 6600 and second floor at $6200 for costs
This includes carry out and disposal of our old ( original)
units

There are a few companies in our near area but they book up quickly

The fly by night companies are much easier to book and customers never are satisfied with the work

Good evening (here) all.

First of all prayers and positive thoughts to Robo’s daughter. Just so sad surgery is required.

Hoping Charade is coping and things getting sorted out.

Good wishes to everyone else busy and organising jobs now things are opening up a little. Same here I believe with getting people to do jobs for you. All so busy. I’m lucky Kev is so handy. Definitely have a go at most things though as we get older I try and persuade him we will have to use others eventually.

We have been a bit shell shocked this week that another dear friend has been diagnosed with kidney cancer. I introduced them to each other 15 years ago and the rest is history. They look after Louie when we are travelling (I won’t kennel him) and us their dog. We have offered to care for their dog any time it’s needed. Possibly lungs are also involved but the Christie will investigate that further after his kidney removal. The Christie is an amazing specialist cancer hospital in Manchester.

Blessed with beautiful weather here since the grandchildren came home. Easter hunt on Sunday was good fun. Monday Em took them for shoe fitting and of course both grown. School shoes and trainers nearly £200. Yesterday I had J for a few hours on my own as Em and L went walking with a school friend. We collected a grocery order then went to a popular clothing store - bought him new jeans but disappointed age 13-16 now by order only. He is nearly 12 but tops need to be age 13 so I will go to a bigger store to look another time. Like old times singing together in the car. Certainly did me good and I hope him too. Our song is Frank Sinatra “You make me feel so young”. He particularly likes the line “and even when I’m old and grey” 😂

Today we did a brilliant trail built in woodland at Mottram Hall - a hotel and golf course nearby. I used to be a member there but this was run by an outside company not the hotel. Called Totally Roarsome the beginning and end areas were dinosaurs and in between Superheroes, Alice in Wonderland, Bears, Wild Animals etc. All with quizzes we were lucky to snap up tickets as people were travelling from all over the area. Very well organised and socially distanced.

Tomorrow a National Trust property with an Easter trail and weather looks to remain nice.

So nice to get them out and about.

Kev should have had dental surgery on Monday but they have decided to refer him to the hospital for a scan of his jaw. He was disappointed but may be for the best eventually.

Lori......are you online??

Can you send me an email please when you get a chance....I`ve just deleted most of my contacts!!! I have most backed up but yours isn`t in there???? Not sure how I missed yours......

:wave2: making a quick mid day stop in!!!!

I'm trying to stretch out the paper shuffling today. Not too much sitting on my desk right now. It is our slow season now...so I will enjoy less paperwork. I just ran to the bank and it is absolutely gorgeous out for us in April. I will take all the beautiful weather we can get!!! I will NEVER complain about it being too hot....EVER :rotfl: It is currently 14C or 57F It is glorious and I'll take it!!!! 57F might not be too warm for you...but in April in northern Canada...I'll take it!!!!

She had more teeth removed but found an issue with the jaw bone so I am giving her some slack as we would have to let her go to sleep if it gets worse.
I hope you Luna rebounds quickly. She sounds like a sweety!!!!
Gm Lynne....I always look forward to you camel posts.
Sending lots of prayers to you and your daughter. I hope that it goes smoothly for her. That is a very weird side effect. I haven't heard of that one here either, but I will be putting that into my mental file of things to watch for. Our eyes and eyesight is NOTHING to fool around with.
am going to a scrapbooking event with my friend and her mom this weekend. I haven't scrapbooked in several years so I need to get my stuff together for that. I am so unorganized so that is going to take a while.... It is a two day event starting Friday night. It will be fun just to get out of the house and spend the day with friends. My friend and I have known each other since we were 7, when I moved in next door. She was my matron of honor at my wedding and one of my best friends. Our moms have been neighbors for 40 years so she is like a second mom to me. I am looking forward to spending time with them.
That sounds like a fantastic way to spend a weekend!!!! That certainly is a special friendship. The dh and I have a couple of friendships like this as well. We don't get to see them often, but when we do...watch out lol.
Kev should have had dental surgery on Monday but they have decided to refer him to the hospital for a scan of his jaw. He was disappointed but may be for the best eventually.
I hope you get another date for that surgery soon. I'm very sorry about the news about your friend. News like that takes the wind out of your sails.

Well, I should get to shuffling more papers. Turkey taco budha bowls are on the menu for tonight.
Have a great afternoon everyone!!!!!

Lori......are you online??

Can you send me an email please when you get a chance....I`ve just deleted most of my contacts!!! I have most backed up but yours isn`t in there???? Not sure how I missed yours......
Hey, Carole! Was in and out all day. Probably left this site up on my computer. I will send an email. I owe you one for sure!

Edit: email sent

Last edited:
Keisha, I think I’ve had both. Had the good stuff in NY that did look more like pork, and what I believe to a cheap imitation in Orlando......I think I just prefer our bacon over any other......although American bacon......mmmmm!!

Not a fennel fan here either.....almost as bad as soap tasting cilantro......yes, looking forward to hair do Thursday........

Lori, they’re wave breakers, used to stop too much erosion along the beaches in the UK, or some areas of the UK. They stop the waves from scooping up too much sand. I’m sure there’s a better explanation somewhere.....but that‘s what they are.

Love mango fool or ice cream......not diet friendly, but gorgeous!! Oh yes, weren’t the Golden Girls wonderful.......

Ouch on the vets bill.......
Thanks for the explanation about the wave breakers. I wouldn't have guessed it, but definitely makes sense!!

:wave2: Making a nice mid day stop in!!!!

Not too many papers to shuffle on my desk today. Probably do a little shredding today...and watching more youtube videos.

I got to go for a nice walk last night. I have been trying to get out most evenings if the weather is not too cold or gross. Last night was beautiful. I just had a thin little zip up hoodie. Tonight I'll probably head out again.

Finished my written interview...received an email this morning to send them my references. So I'll do that tonight when I get home. There are probably 60000 steps and i'm on step 2 lol. But like I said, at least I know they are seeing and liking my resume!!!! I know I'll snag a job sooner or later. Persistence pays off.

that is frustrating!!!!! I sure hope you get the sorted soon. I'm due for an upgrade too. I have heard that some are coming soon to our branch.

Sending you lots of hugs and hope your able to come to an agreement and that she is able to keep recovering.

What beautiful scenery!!! Your very luck to have such great views!

Yup....those furry children can be expensive!!!

Well, I should try to look a little busy seeing as they are paying me to actually work ;). I took out some beef steaks that are great in the instant pot. Not sure what I'm going to make with them yet, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Have a great afternoon everyone!
Hey, another step forward on the job! That's great!

Luna is being a very busy brat
Very clingy just like a toddler...

In the meantime, she prefers sleeping in middle of my bed more than her cat bed .....
Oh poor baby! That sounds rough. i'm sure she's enjoying lots of extra love and cuddles!!

mac...hope Luna picks up soon. She`ll be well looked after for sure, and there will be a tomorrow.....just might not be anytime soon when she`s so comfy......lol......

Another gorgeous and sunny morning here.....we`re being spoiled with sunshine, just wish it was a tad warmer...or a lot warmer!

No shopping required today, grocery delivery coming tomorrow afternoon and will visit butcher Friday, fruit and veg place too. I think next week I`ll brave a regular store that sells household items. I could be doing with some new items and a new stock pot. Didn`t want to order online as I like to see them before I buy.

This morning is another walking morning, sunshades and warm hat is still very weird.

i-VQHqgQ5-S.gif

2F60A0A1-0670-4D3E-9DBB-4F0D048498F8-S.jpg

cv29-M.jpg

cv55-Th.jpg

😉

Happy Wednesday :)
Bravo on the daily walks!! I need to get out for more walks. But today was barely 40 and I just didn't have it in me. (did go to the gym tho)

View attachment 568387

Ah yes, a clear morning start. Camel reminder here, as while 45 out, they are enjoying this beautiful sunrise of a Wednesday. Yay!

So homies, welcome to this middle of the week. Woot! Means that fabulous Friday greetings will be 2 days from today. Hump of a day as surely most have already enjoyed our first three days of this new week. Hoping all enjoy the last three days of our week, and have a wonderful Wednesday. Woot!

Yeah, that clear sky start will not be for long. Clouds to come soon, then those place your bets chances of rain starting in the afternoon. Hence, while lunchtime walk will hopefully be a dry one, may take an umbrella instead of my sunglasses. But hey, as with most rain we get, high temp will be 64. So maybe also a jacket or none, will see if close to that high temp by around noon.

And so, as booted up, doves could be heard cooing. Aww, I guess I woke them up. Either way, I do enjoy hearing their cooing. But as screen has been on for some time now, time for tea refill and my not so excited breakfast.

Hope Luna is doing better today, Mac. Yep, always an expense when a vet visit, particularly with surgery costs included.

Finally, yay, Schumi’s grocery deliveries will keep her pantry well stocked. Hope you are enjoying your tea and hope your walk was nice. Woot, as your hair salon visit is tomorrow.

I needed that camel reminder Lynne! I woke this morning thinking it was Tuesday....
I have a lot going on before I leave for Alabama next week. I feel a time crunch coming upon me!

View attachment 568398

View attachment 568397

View attachment 568396

Thanks Mac.

Love the Zombie pics.

Thank you.

Thank you.

View attachment 568405

Alabama's gift to the world.....I love that! Also, those are great masks!

I will be thinking of your daughter on Friday. I pray her surgery will be a total success!!

Oh Robo, I hope your daughter’s surgery goes well. Sending some good thoughts her eye is good when over the surgery. Sad it caused such an effect from the vaccine. My tea has been quite nice, thank you. Hope you are enjoying a cup of coffee in your HHN mug. Very pretty masks. Your masks are so nice to have. And yes, I have a friend in Fla, and she also said it’s been hot. Phone said FLA red flag warning the other day, so must be dry enough down there, and with the heat, hotter feeling.

Saw what they called gorilla sized hail that fell in Texas. Ack, never luckily had that sized hail. Though have seen golf ball sized one years ago. Here, we are in what is called unsettled weather. Hence, rain and more rain in our recent forecasts. But more tea for me, and kids are in their online classes. So busy house right now.
Had to look up gorilla sized hail....yep, it fits...
Nature can be cruel sometimes.

Scrapbooking was such a craze for a while. Such fun!! Hope you have a great time!!

Oh Robbie, all good wishes for your daughter on Friday. What a worrying reaction to the Moderna vaccine. I don`t think we`ve even heard of any reactions like that over here. All good wishes sent her way for Friday and massive hugs to you and Mr Robo. What a worry for you all.

Yes, your masks are gorgeous too.....it will be spectacular.......

Yes, sadly vaping and E Cigs are as popular over here too....and yes they also stink so bad. I`ve often thought the car in front was on fire as you see a plume of vapour coming out the drivers window.....one of my friends bought a house that had heavy smokers in it. She redecorated everything, removed everything including the windows, doors....I swear you can still get that odour when you walk in, she thinks so as well. Completely disgusting.

I`m allergic to MSG too Robbie......it`s in so many things you don`t expect at times.

Hope you`re doing good......

So good to see you post cam......

Oh aren`t friends like that just wonderful!! How lovely you still keep in touch and both mums are close too. You did remind me I haven`t spoken to my matron of honour in too long.....will call her tomorrow.

I`ve never got into scrapbooking. It`s so popular and many friends do it......

Hope you don`t get too much rain and can enjoy a walk.

Ended up with a couple of friends round this afternoon.....managed to sit in the garden which was swathed in sunshine and no cool breeze, so it was very nice. Had a good old chatter and passed the afternoon nicely. All four of us are at the salon tomorrow, different salons and times, but may try and meet up for an outdoor lunch if we can, long as the weather is still as nice, which it`s supposed to be.

Ended up making beefburgers tonight and some sweet potato wedges. Couldn`t finish mine as we had nibbles this afternoon....made a few little appetisers up. But what I had was lovely.

Sun is still shining brightly tonight, we`ve had the nicest week or so weather wise and more to come. But, tree pollen is high right now and my eyes are stinging at night now from about 9pm onwards. Not as bad as grass pollen coming next. That annoys eyes and nose.

Hair salon tomorrow.....cannot wait!!
Nice you were able to host some friends!!! I bet that was a blast!
Enjoy that hair salon appointment!!

Good evening (here) all.

First of all prayers and positive thoughts to Robo’s daughter. Just so sad surgery is required.

Hoping Charade is coping and things getting sorted out.

Good wishes to everyone else busy and organising jobs now things are opening up a little. Same here I believe with getting people to do jobs for you. All so busy. I’m lucky Kev is so handy. Definitely have a go at most things though as we get older I try and persuade him we will have to use others eventually.

We have been a bit shell shocked this week that another dear friend has been diagnosed with kidney cancer. I introduced them to each other 15 years ago and the rest is history. They look after Louie when we are travelling (I won’t kennel him) and us their dog. We have offered to care for their dog any time it’s needed. Possibly lungs are also involved but the Christie will investigate that further after his kidney removal. The Christie is an amazing specialist cancer hospital in Manchester.

Blessed with beautiful weather here since the grandchildren came home. Easter hunt on Sunday was good fun. Monday Em took them for shoe fitting and of course both grown. School shoes and trainers nearly £200. Yesterday I had J for a few hours on my own as Em and L went walking with a school friend. We collected a grocery order then went to a popular clothing store - bought him new jeans but disappointed age 13-16 now by order only. He is nearly 12 but tops need to be age 13 so I will go to a bigger store to look another time. Like old times singing together in the car. Certainly did me good and I hope him too. Our song is Frank Sinatra “You make me feel so young”. He particularly likes the line “and even when I’m old and grey” 😂

Today we did a brilliant trail built in woodland at Mottram Hall - a hotel and golf course nearby. I used to be a member there but this was run by an outside company not the hotel. Called Totally Roarsome the beginning and end areas were dinosaurs and in between Superheroes, Alice in Wonderland, Bears, Wild Animals etc. All with quizzes we were lucky to snap up tickets as people were travelling from all over the area. Very well organised and socially distanced.

Tomorrow a National Trust property with an Easter trail and weather looks to remain nice.

So nice to get them out and about.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. So much sadness lately... Maybe it will be limited to the one kidney, and if it's removed the cancer will be gone too. Fingers crossed...

I'm trying to stretch out the paper shuffling today. Not too much sitting on my desk right now. It is our slow season now...so I will enjoy less paperwork. I just ran to the bank and it is absolutely gorgeous out for us in April. I will take all the beautiful weather we can get!!! I will NEVER complain about it being too hot....EVER :rotfl: It is currently 14C or 57F It is glorious and I'll take it!!!! 57F might not be too warm for you...but in April in northern Canada...I'll take it!!!!

Sending lots of prayers to you and your daughter. I hope that it goes smoothly for her. That is a very weird side effect. I haven't heard of that one here either, but I will be putting that into my mental file of things to watch for. Our eyes and eyesight is NOTHING to fool around with.

That sounds like a fantastic way to spend a weekend!!!! That certainly is a special friendship. The dh and I have a couple of friendships like this as well. We don't get to see them often, but when we do...watch out lol.

I hope you get another date for that surgery soon. I'm very sorry about the news about your friend. News like that takes the wind out of your sails.

Well, I should get to shuffling more papers. Turkey taco budha bowls are on the menu for tonight.
You had a lovely weather day, good for you!
And your dinner sounds yum!!

My BFF called...her dad is in the hospital. He was found on the bathroom floor this morning. His heart is quite weak, but he's a fighter. Has survived 3 strokes already.
Hoping his strength will carry him through again.

This family has endured an awful lot... BFFs sister died this past summer due to cancer. It would crush us all if they have to go through an other loss...

Hug your loved ones a bit tighter tonight

Sending hugs to Julie and Paris. So sad to read of cancer and heart issues.

Rainy by lunchtime and still raining now. A night to just relax and enjoying my evening tea.

May all have a most pleasant and good night. 💤

lol......Turkey taco budha bowls sounds so good!!! And I don`t like tacos....

Still keeping fingers crossed you get good news soon on the job!

Hey, Carole! Was in and out all day. Probably left this site up on my computer. I will send an email. I owe you one for sure!

Edit: email sent

:thumbsup2

Thanks!! Had a real panic on last night.......got your email though, so it`s now in contacts, written in my back up book and my 2nd back up back up book.....lol.....funny thing is I found a man`s name (full name) and have no idea who it is......Tom doesn`t recognise it, I don`t have a clue, but I had added it for some reason, and must have been a very, very long time ago?? First name Kevin rather weirdly......

Thanks for the explanation about the wave breakers. I wouldn't have guessed it, but definitely makes sense!!

Hey, another step forward on the job! That's great!

Oh poor baby! That sounds rough. i'm sure she's enjoying lots of extra love and cuddles!!

Bravo on the daily walks!! I need to get out for more walks. But today was barely 40 and I just didn't have it in me. (did go to the gym tho)

I needed that camel reminder Lynne! I woke this morning thinking it was Tuesday....
I have a lot going on before I leave for Alabama next week. I feel a time crunch coming upon me!

Alabama's gift to the world.....I love that! Also, those are great masks!

I will be thinking of your daughter on Friday. I pray her surgery will be a total success!!

Had to look up gorilla sized hail....yep, it fits...
Nature can be cruel sometimes.

Scrapbooking was such a craze for a while. Such fun!! Hope you have a great time!!

Nice you were able to host some friends!!! I bet that was a blast!
Enjoy that hair salon appointment!!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. So much sadness lately... Maybe it will be limited to the one kidney, and if it's removed the cancer will be gone too. Fingers crossed...

You had a lovely weather day, good for you!
And your dinner sounds yum!!

My BFF called...her dad is in the hospital. He was found on the bathroom floor this morning. His heart is quite weak, but he's a fighter. Has survived 3 strokes already.
Hoping his strength will carry him through again.

This family has endured an awful lot... BFFs sister died this past summer due to cancer. It would crush us all if they have to go through an other loss...

Hug your loved ones a bit tighter tonight

Oh Lori I`m so sorry about your lovely friend`s dad. He`s been through so much already as has the whole family. I remember your friend`s sister passing away.

It`s surprising what people can come through at times when you least expect it......will be thinking of him and everyone who loves him too :hug:

I didn`t know what those things were on beaches for the longest time. I think I always thought they were alkways that had rotted over the years......then someone explained it to me. Yes, it`s only obvious when you know.......

You have been so good with the gym though. I think I`d be like the kid from The Omen going into a church if I ever tried to go into a gym!!!!

Sending you many hugs again.......

cv32%20%282%29-M.jpg

Yes, today is the day I get my hair cut, styled and highlighted again.......just a tad excited :cheer2:

Another beautifully sunny and crispy cold morning out there. We really have been spoiled with the weather despite it being a little chilly all the same. If the sun is shining....fine by me.

First appointment of the day at the salon, so breakfast will be early and then off. Not sure about stopping off for fish and chips along the seafront afterwards......if we eat that for lunch will have no room for dinner.....we`ll see.

When I get home, we have the grocery delivery coming, then I think we`ll head out a walk as it will be gorgeous again.

But, bread roll with bacon for breakfast this morning.......and a big mug of tea.

Dinner will fall into place after we decide what to do for lunch.

Oh one of the ladies from the Book Group chose her classic movie.....something new we`re doing in the group between books......can`t believe she chose Whatever Happened to Baby Jane. I hate that movie......love Bette Davis in most things, but that is such a dark movie. I`ll watch it as this lady is one to quiz you on every part of her chosen book, so I guess she`ll be the same with her choice of movie.

i-s253XLr-S.gif

cv23-S.jpg

cv6-L.jpg

Have a happy Thirsty Throwback Thursday 🍹

Yay, Schumi, should be nicely blonde again and hope you enjoyed your hair salon visit. Yay, food delivery and a walk. Glad to hear weather has been nice.

Very dark start to this morning, and had a good night’s sleep. Heard little one go to bed, so said goodnight then promptly went back to sleep.

Ah yes, me too, tea morning sipping. Glad to hear Schumi had a big mug of her tea this morning.

Cloudy, and still in the mid 40’s, but at least that rainy weather only has a random chance of rain this afternoon. But an overcast day, with the wind starting to pick up to be that blustery day. So probably will at least take my jacket on that lunchtime walk. Maybe sunglasses, but will see how bright and hope that afternoon rain chance is after I return.

Ah yes, a Thirsty Thursday is here. Yay, as that means a fabulous Friday will be here, and so ready for this week to end. And yep, as home feels a bit cool, will be throwing back quite the number of cups of tea. Hoping older one is in a grilled cheese mood for lunch, but as been up for hours now, Time to do that breakfast item search.

A totally terrific Thirsty Thursday homies. And a Good Morning to you too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter