Something About Nothing ... #12

I’ll try to find out why
Maybe they are still tweaking the boards???

Thanks mac......I did wonder if it was still a work in progress....

I also sent klmall a pm asking if she has issues....she posts from smugmug too.....but hasn't posted since the new Dis arrived…...

I hate change!!! Even if it`s for the better...…I`m such a technophobe...…..👾

A big congrats to the homies that had children graduating!

Charade, that was not very mature for the male student’s actions during graduation

Think his parental units noticed?

[/QUOTEI certainly hope so. If B had behaved like that her summer would have gotten very interesting.

Hi, homies. Pretty down here. Friends took their 6 year old daughter to the ER this morning with what they thought was a migraine. She's being flown to Memphis tonight to St. Judes where she'll undergo surgery tomorrow on a 3cm cancerous mass on her frontal lobe. Things like this should never happen to a child.

Oh my goodness - going to have to get used to the new board!
Hope all doing ok I will have to catch up in a few weeks as a lot happening at the moment.

Very sad to say we lost my wonderful Mum last weekend and we are all devastated but particularly hard for my Dad - he’s 92 and they were happily married for 67 years. Going through old photos my husband and I have wept buckets - Dad is blind now and so sad he can’t reminisce with the pictures. I am spending lots of time with Dad while also dealing with arrangements etc.
Funeral will be on Friday 7th - we are being well supported by their Baptist Church which is much appreciated.
I will pop back in when I can but meanwhile love and hugs to those in need x
Sympathies to you and your family
Can`t post pictures from smugmug the way I used to...…..?????

Hope it`s a glitch as I don't like posting direct from laptop......
Ok so thus far its a no go on pics from iPhone, iPad & picture hosting sites.

Maybe from laptop?

Perhaps new boards not equipped to Host pics? :earseek:

I’ll try to find out why
Maybe they are still tweaking the boards???

Any info appreciated

Yeah, not from a picture service place like Schumi, but I used to easily post from my phone or pad, have been trying to post a picture with my phone without success.

Oh, and had to scramble to remember my password to log into the boards when first got in.

MonyK, glad flights were not too delayed. Hehe, chicken sounds like a dog. We had to get a secure sealed container for dog treats. Otherwise, whole box of treats were happily being raided.

Home, and since rain at late afternoon, oh so muggy again. AC is running, both was in car, now in house. DH was like, no need for AC. Um, too bad, it is on, and he’s already asleep.

Have a peaceful evening, all.

Oh Pooh, that is horrible. I hope the child’s surgery is successful. I hate any news of cancer, even worse when it is a child. Sending lots of hugs and loving support to Friend’s family and young daughter..

Let's see if this works....20181216_173301.jpg it posted sideways...

This is going to take some getting used to.

RFF...so sorry to hear about your mom :hug:

My post keeps disappearing...guess I'll try again later

Have a wonderful night everyone

:wave2:

Evening Sans family :wave2:

You always have a grand time at UO!

Yes, Mac we go love our time here. Hope your tests came out well.

Fun with grandson, sounds wonderful Robo. So happy you are enjoying.

We are having a great time Lynne. SF had been busy for Memorial Day weekend.

Loving the new wheels!!! Wow......this is one mean machine.....got back home around 4pm yesterday...

Great to hear you are enjoying your new wheels.

Very sad to say we lost my wonderful Mum last weekend and we are all devastated but particularly hard for my Dad - he’s 92 and they were happily married for 67 years.

So sorry to hear your mum passed RFF. My sympathies to you all dear lady :grouphug:

Hey Robo sounds like a nice day!

We are having a very nice time. You leave for you vacation soon.

Boy is Orlando hot today……...that is like sitting on the sun according to one of friends who lives there……..

It was very hot here today. Supposed to be 96 tomorrow.

Happy graduation to B

573717C0-D397-4EE4-9CBF-985E7830B0CB.gif

Last edited:
Well, boards are back now
Don’t see how this is mobile friendly yet

Have not been able to open threads to last post yet

Guess I need more practice with the new system

Hope to see all the homies soon on the boards !
It’s going to take me awhile to get used to the new look. But yay we’re back.
Thanks Lynne

Hope you don’t get hit with storms tonight

For this afternoon, pool time is a must with your hot weather

Not loving the new system yet
I can’t connect often and when I do, it has been dropping me once I post with the “can not connect to safari” message
I haven’t had connection issue, but I waited till late afternoon to try it out.
Quick drive by.....literally.......:car:

Happy Birthday Sue........hope it’s a great day for you.......

Loving the new wheels!!! Wow......this is one mean machine.....got back home around 4pm yesterday.......out to friends house for dinner......I offered to drive of course.......for once! Then out most of today.......already racked up over 300 miles........and mpg aren’t funny with this car......lol.......but it’s fun!!!

Hope all are enjoying the holiday weekend.......

Liking the look of the new forums.......I very rarely if ever go on my phone to post here, but looks good for iPad and laptop.......

Thank you for the birthday wishes, it was very nice! Glad you’re enjoying the new ride!
I’m on iPad right now, so far it’s ok.
We love the pool grotto there yes aTR is a good idea

Can’t get on here w iPad and my internet only on iPhone using data ???

Yesterday’s entree came out perfect.

Posting a pic of it here directly from my photos is a failboat arrrgh
Hmmm, I’m posting on iPad. So far it’s good. But it’s late afternoon here so maybe they worked out some glitches.
Oh my goodness - going to have to get used to the new board!
Hope all doing ok I will have to catch up in a few weeks as a lot happening at the moment.

Very sad to say we lost my wonderful Mum last weekend and we are all devastated but particularly hard for my Dad - he’s 92 and they were happily married for 67 years. Going through old photos my husband and I have wept buckets - Dad is blind now and so sad he can’t reminisce with the pictures. I am spending lots of time with Dad while also dealing with arrangements etc.
Funeral will be on Friday 7th - we are being well supported by their Baptist Church which is much appreciated.
I will pop back in when I can but meanwhile love and hugs to those in need x
I’m so sorry for your loss. Maybe your dad can’t see the pics but he can reminisce with you talking about what pics you’re looking at. Prayers for you and your family.
oooh we are back!
Checked this am an got the not back yet.
Took oldest to airport this am-of course her flight was delayed due to lightning and that was going to cause her to miss her connection in DFW-luckily she got ahold of her travel agent right away who got her on a later flight, timing was going to be better going into Albuquerque anyway, as it gave her more time to catch the shuttle to her orientation. She managed to get her stuff organized and boxed and ready to ship when she is back from orientation too.

Sue-no the dang chickens aren't supposed to be on the deck at all-we have a swing gate but it will sometimes get nudged open and stay that way-and that chicken takes full advantage. In fact she has snuck in house twice already this afternoon. Think DH left John Deere room doors open a smidge (have to bang shut and lock or they tend to pop open) - silly thing was found with her head in the meal worm bucket-it's why I am always yelling at kids to put the lid on the bucket! Had boy put her back out, he grabbed his packing list off computer and came back up, and here comes Ellie again!

Stopped and got another new suitcase this am-ours are pretty old (have maybe 2 that aren't ancient)

Hey Robo sounds like a nice day!

LOL sounds fun
Sun is out now, should work on garden-instead I'm trying to stay awake-already took snooze while raining. And boy scared chicken and she is now snoozing on me. I have to finish laundry but feel bad disturbing her. She really is like a cat...
Glad flights were able to be changed!
Oh those chickens! Their shenanigans are too fun! I don’t think they know they’re chickens! More like house pets!

Yay! We’re back. I have been checking the board all day and this is the first time it has let me in.
Graduation 👩‍🎓went very well yesterday. (I see we have new emojis to choose from.) There was one really odd incident. B’s school puts the students into two groups. First the regular and honor students walk, then the high honor graduates get recognized separately. They called the name of the last student of the first group and he just sort of slumped across the stage like he wanted to be anywhere else. (I watched the video later and he looked very angry.) He walked back to his seat and threw his diploma at a faculty member and then just slumped down into his seat still looking very angry. I have no idea if he got reprimanded in any way. I asked B about him and she told me that he was weird and very annoying.

Sue- Happy birthday! How was Aladdin? We are planning to see it in Hollywood.

Lynne - I’m a bit envious. I would love to see Lion King on Broadway.

Patty - Love the pictures of the Swan. I remember the first time I went to Disney the Swan and Dolphin were still under construction.

Robo - Have a great trip.

Real - So sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers for you and your family. Good to hear that her church is being supportive.

Schumi - I’m always up for a HP marathon.

Okay, I think I am more or less caught up. I think tomorrow we will go to the Richmond zoo. I want to get there when they open so we will have a little bit of time to explore before it gets too hot. The zoo is about an hour and a half away, so it will be an early start for us.
Yikes, what awful behaviour at grad. He has some growing up to do!
Thanks for the birthday wishes. We enjoyed Aladdin. Both my daughters came, youngests boyfriend, her bff (since gr 9) and fiancé. Everyone thought it was good. Oldest liked it but likes the original best. However she rarely things the remakes more. Hard to top Robin Williams but Will Smith did a good job.
Hope you enjoyed the zoo!
Sending you hugs RFF!
Very hard to lose a parent

You are a great daughter and know you will be helping your dad in the days and weeks that come

Good to read you had people helping you for your mom

Sue, hope your bd went great!
Did you have a cake with candles?

Schumi, sweet you got your new wheels!

To all the other homies, glad to see you made it here!

Don’t know how much I will be on the next few days as keep having an issue connecting with my iPhone to the Dis

Noticed the headers for our 4 sections changed but it is not letting me edit and correct it

It is hot here....
Stayed inside much of today
AC is my friend
Stay cool! Yes! What’s a birthday without cake! And candles! Husband went overboard with a large Costco cake. So much leftover. Made daughter take some home. We froze some.
Hi, homies. Pretty down here. Friends took their 6 year old daughter to the ER this morning with what they thought was a migraine. She's being flown to Memphis tonight to St. Judes where she'll undergo surgery tomorrow on a 3cm cancerous mass on her frontal lobe. Things like this should never happen to a child.
What awful news to get. I hope surgery goes well for her. St. Jude’s has a great reputation.
Let's see if this works....View attachment 403116 it posted sideways...

This is going to take some getting used to.

RFF...so sorry to hear about your mom :hug:

My post keeps disappearing...guess I'll try again later

Have a wonderful night everyone

Pic worked! Yes, going to take some getting used to for sure. I haven’t even checked out the new emojis yet!

Weather is improved today, wish we had this weather for Birthday bbq! Took dogs for a walk this afternoon on trails around a pretty area I’ve wanted to explore but haven’t up to now. Only walked around 30 min, dogs were getting hot. Next time I’ll go earlier, not mid day!
This week have 2 more get together with friends for my birthday!

OMG Pooh...how horrible! Sending prayers.

Oh how scary! St Jude’s is fanatastic thought, and the place to be if you need services. The foundation our clubs brag basket (members start the meeting by paying a dollar per “brag” or good thing that’s happened to them) is going to this year was started by a friend when their dtr was diagnosed with 2 kinds of cancer when she was 5 or 6. Given a very low chance of surviving. family had to declare bankruptcy of course, but all are doing well now. She’s a senior and cancer free and thriving. They started the foundation to help families in similar situations. Hope this girls story has this ending!
View attachment 403123

Pool time. Yay, seems to like my phone photo.
. Gorgeous!
Heard them running the audio for Hagrid’s Motorcycle yesterday evening when walking to Hogwarts Express

View attachment 403125
Any word from TMs on soft openings.? I don’t wanna wait til September LOL!

Wrote out kids chore list for next two days while I work, started packing, cruise tags done. Couple last minute items to get tomorrow including chicken food.
Ack need to get ready for bed

Went ahead and booked our flights for September tonight...finally found a price I could live with at $133 RT. I had a $400 SW giftcard so it worked out well :cool1:

A belated :bday: to Sue.

Pooh...sorry to hear about your friend's daughter...praying for a good outcome.

Hi to mac, keisha, Patty, Carole, Lynne, Robo, monyk, Charade and all the Sans family...good night...sweet dreams 💤:cat:

How dreadful. Really hope the outcome is positive....when it`s a child it is so hard to understand...yes, shouldn't happen at all. Prayers.

Sympathies to you and your family

Ok so thus far its a no go on pics from iPhone, iPad & picture hosting sites.

Maybe from laptop?

Perhaps new boards not equipped to Host pics? :earseek:

Any info appreciated

Got on with ipad this morning and thanks to one of our lovely posters @klmall :worship: I can now post through smugmug (fingers crossed it continues) It`s just a slight difference in posting that my little brain couldn't work out.....pics look smaller though???

Yeah, not from a picture service place like Schumi, but I used to easily post from my phone or pad, have been trying to post a picture with my phone without success.

Oh, and had to scramble to remember my password to log into the boards when first got in.

MonyK, glad flights were not too delayed. Hehe, chicken sounds like a dog. We had to get a secure sealed container for dog treats. Otherwise, whole box of treats were happily being raided.

Home, and since rain at late afternoon, oh so muggy again. AC is running, both was in car, now in house. DH was like, no need for AC. Um, too bad, it is on, and he’s already asleep.

Have a peaceful evening, all.

Hope you manage to sort that out today Lynne.....it`s frustrating when things change and doesn't quite work out.....I`m sure today they`ll have niggles worked out.....

Thank you for the birthday wishes, it was very nice! Glad you’re enjoying the new ride!
I’m on iPad right now, so far it’s ok.

Hmmm, I’m posting on iPad. So far it’s good. But it’s late afternoon here so maybe they worked out some glitches.
Weather is improved today, wish we had this weather for Birthday bbq! Took dogs for a walk this afternoon on trails around a pretty area I’ve wanted to explore but haven’t up to now. Only walked around 30 min, dogs were getting hot. Next time I’ll go earlier, not mid day!
This week have 2 more get together with friends for my birthday!

Yes, Ipad working now and pictures seem to be working from hosting site......yay!!
Glad you had such a lovely birthday......always the best to spend time with family...….
We had some rain yesterday too.....not sure about today yet, haven't looked out.....that's my usual weather forecast....

Went ahead and booked our flights for September tonight...finally found a price I could live with at $133 RT. I had a $400 SW giftcard so it worked out well :cool1:

Woohoo!!!!! Congrats on the flights!!! Always good to tick another box for a trip....:wave2:

Charade....glad the graduation went well......young man sounds like he has a few issues.....

MonyK…….glad DD travel plans worked out.....and your trip is so close now!!!! You must be so excited...and very organised!!! ::yes::

Holiday Monday...…..

I`m sending my guys out with a shopping list today while I get on with housework....although not quite sure why as I`m sure it`s going to get dusty round here once they start ripping up the driveway and some of the front area...….it`s right up to two of the front windows and main door so I`m dreading the dust!!!

Looks to be an alright day here......should get all the bedding done......and guys will enjoy the car to themselves........they can argue over who drives which way...….:car:

Breakfast is assorted melon, little pastries and mini croissants.....need to stock up on bacon....usual place we buy it is closed today with it being a Bank Holiday...will go sometime this week......

Have a great Holiday Monday.........

Why is there so much blank space to the side of the posts????

Had a mooch around the boards and it seems good, like the new emoji things....but surely the posts could be bigger instead of all the empty blank space to the side......

Why is there so much blank space to the side of the posts????

Had a mooch around the boards and it seems good, like the new emoji things....but surely the posts could be bigger instead of all the empty blank space to the side......

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it....but now that I see it, it does look weird....like something's missing.

Thanks, everyone. Just gutted. They flew her and her mother out last night. We're just waiting on word of surgery.

Holiday Monday for us too. And the low weather system that brought that rain is gone, so a lovely, lower humid 82 the high, mostly sunny day.

Yay, Tink. Good price for your Fall flights and gift card too. Sweet!

MonyK, yay, the just before I leave mode is starting. Will enjoy reading how your cruise went, pictures, yes please.

Schumi, hope the paving does not cause much mess for you. Will be nice to have a new driveway for the new car. Very nice of you to let the guys use the new car for some errands. Breakfast sounded lush. I need to get bacon too, though not from a butcher, as not many around sell, unless I drive a bit.

Sun is up, and enjoying some tea and a quiet house.

May all those remember all those that served and gave their life.

4F407BD5-D8A2-4A29-A6B4-685FC1AD7FE0.jpeg

3085AAB7-B245-41A6-83F4-EB5EACD78F2C.jpeg

Hope Robo is enjoying another nice day enjoying that Florida heat.

Later homies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter