Something About Nothing ... #12

Good morning. Up early today so we can get to the zoo when it opens. I have not been to this zoo before.

Pooh - Sending prayers for your friend’s daughter.

Why is there so much blank space to the side of the posts????

Had a mooch around the boards and it seems good, like the new emoji things....but surely the posts could be bigger instead of all the empty blank space to the side......
Maybe news feed or that’s where the advertisements will be placed lol

Ok, pic working from ipHone. Say hello to my little friend, not.

Had to share jr’s BD cake I ordered which he loved, a pun on the Blues beating the Sharks.

Attachments

• 32834F74-A8A0-4F1A-B6EA-BA54F94D0FA2.jpeg
    32834F74-A8A0-4F1A-B6EA-BA54F94D0FA2.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 8
  • B00C82B5-4CCC-4F51-A412-2C1D49AE1782.jpeg
    B00C82B5-4CCC-4F51-A412-2C1D49AE1782.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I am seeing the news feed at the bottom of the pages

Came to say how to post pics from
iPhone but read you and Schumi already received the info

Both of your pictures are awesome

When trying to unstick the 4 temp alerts I put up when the boards were going dark this past saturday

I think they went through as this is still a learning process for the moderators

Did notice one section I totally deleted my posts
Oops.....

Well, it is all behind us now

Have tried to change the header of Universal’s parks / Seaworld but have been unable to do so

Think this might be out of my hands but still figuring it out
Don’t want newbies thinking the two parks are steps away from each other as they are different parks

Another hot day for me in GA
Trying to get errands done before 11 when it gets hotter here

Hope all have a fun day!

No holiday here! We have Veterans Day in Nov. Everyone getting a holiday today enjoy! Charade is going to the zoo! Sounds fun.

Pooh prayers for your friends child.

Schumi, now that you mention it, there sure is a lot of empty space. One other thing I notice is the post count is gone under name!

Tink thanks for birthday wishes! It’s not over lol! Tomorrow meeting up with a friend, I think we’re walking around the inlet park trails then icecream! Thurs going out or being taken out to dinner with other friends.

Looks like a sunny day out there. Have to go downtown with oldest daughter. Doing our last US taxes. We have been dual citizens but she’s never lived in the US and I haven’t since my late 20s. We both renounced this year, nothing for political reasons. Just too stressful trying to be tax compliant. And it’s been a very stressful process, glad to be putting it behind us! Wish us luck today.

I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it....but now that I see it, it does look weird....like something's missing.

There are ads there now o some of it and the news feeds up top....but surely the posts need to be larger...doesn't look good at all.

Schumi, hope the paving does not cause much mess for you. Will be nice to have a new driveway for the new car. Very nice of you to let the guys use the new car for some errands. Breakfast sounded lush. I need to get bacon too, though not from a butcher, as not many around sell, unless I drive a bit.

They`ve been open and honest and said it will be a mess as it is a big job and they go very far down, not just a top layer.....so it wont be fun but it`s been needing doing for a while....the new car just made us think why not...…we do use the garages for our cars at night, but it was just time to get this done.

We buy bacon from wholesale farm place......no water comes out of it the way grocery store bacon cooks at times......or local farm shop....so you have to drive far to get bacon???

Maybe news feed or that’s where the advertisements will be placed lol

Ok, pic working from ipHone. Say hello to my little friend, not.

Had to share jr’s BD cake I ordered which he loved, a pun on the Blues beating the Sharks.

Nice cake.....not so nice friend....lol.....

Yes, more likely to be ads!!!

I am seeing the news feed at the bottom of the pages

Came to say how to post pics from
iPhone but read you and Schumi already received the info

Both of your pictures are awesome

When trying to unstick the 4 temp alerts I put up when the boards were going dark this past saturday

I think they went through as this is still a learning process for the moderators

Did notice one section I totally deleted my posts
Oops.....

Well, it is all behind us now

Have tried to change the header of Universal’s parks / Seaworld but have been unable to do so

Think this might be out of my hands but still figuring it out
Don’t want newbies thinking the two parks are steps away from each other as they are different parks

Another hot day for me in GA
Trying to get errands done before 11 when it gets hotter here

Hope all have a fun day!

It`s certainly an experience trying to navigate the new boards.....is everyone seeing white if you delete something......I can hardly see what I`m editing out???

The news feed for me on laptop only goes so far down then it`s just a load of grey......and orphans in need isn't an image you really want there all day......I thought I had installed an adblock on here...….hmmmm.

Stay cool after your errands mac......sounds ultra hot over there right now...….

No holiday here! We have Veterans Day in Nov.

Schumi, now that you mention it, there sure is a lot of empty space. One other thing I notice is the post count is gone under name!

Sue, we celebrate Armistice Day in November too, but today is just a Bank Holiday over here for us...…

You can still see your post count, you just have to click on your name......and it`s there.....

Not getting used to this at all yet...…..not very user friendly for posting trip report, but as long as it doesn't close me down half way through a long post I`ll be happy......that happened more than once...….hate the choices of colours for words on posts!!!!

I will stop grumbling for now...…..😁

Making chicken cooked in smoked maple syrup, English mustard, little cream, stock and few other little ingredients......little new jersey potatoes and peppers too....I cannot wait to taste this tonight.....

Hope all are having a lovely holiday...…..

That is awesome, MonyK. Great win for her.

Schumi, it is about a two hour car ride. So only do it once in awhile. But I agree, fresh cut bacon so much better than store packed.

Keisha, like those birthday cakes. Didn’t see a penguin on them , LOL

Sue, nice to get taxes done.

Not as humid, but still hot. Little one and some friends went to park, as the water park part of it opened this weekend. Great day to ride the coasters and water slides. Rest of us are chilling, as my DBros are helping us with the new sink and new hot water heater.

8-)

Our town has a 3 day event for Memorial Day

Flags up on every Main Street with soldier name on the base and dates they died

Another hot day but day but temps climb higher think it is Wednesday
Once it is 95, and rises, is hot no matter what the number is

I stay inside during the hottest times of
the day and avoid it when possible

Now I need to read back and see what I ha e missed

Hope all are doing fine this holiday!

Remember when I said DH’s oldest was getting a trip to Europe as she was in running for a major award? SHE WON!
View attachment 403367
Omg so proud of her! Amazing woman!

I’m supposed to be working but had to do a brag on her!

You do right to brag....what an amazing achievement.....you`re right to be so proud of her!!! She does sound an amazing woman...…..

That is awesome, MonyK. Great win for her.

Schumi, it is about a two hour car ride. So only do it once in awhile. But I agree, fresh cut bacon so much better than store packed.

Keisha, like those birthday cakes. Didn’t see a penguin on them , LOL

Sue, nice to get taxes done.

Not as humid, but still hot. Little one and some friends went to park, as the water park part of it opened this weekend. Great day to ride the coasters and water slides. Rest of us are chilling, as my DBros are helping us with the new sink and new hot water heater.

8-)

2 hours for bacon!!! wow...….

Our farm store who also supply the trade, is around 45 minutes away....but local deli`s maybe 20 minutes by car.....but bacon is worth it!! Yep, never buy grocery store bought stuff.

Glad you`re having a nice day.…...

Our town has a 3 day event for Memorial Day

Flags up on every Main Street with soldier name on the base and dates they died

Another hot day but day but temps climb higher think it is Wednesday
Once it is 95, and rises, is hot no matter what the number is

I stay inside during the hottest times of
the day and avoid it when possible

Now I need to read back and see what I ha e missed

Hope all are doing fine this holiday!

Sounds like a real hot one for you there too.....when we had 98F last week, we did think......maybe we should go inside for a while....lol......but we didn't.....:sunny:

Just spoke to my aunt on LI...she is so excited for us visiting next week......so are we. Cousin is arranging car service to pick us up and take us back to JFK.....

Lazy night tonight......watching the third Harry Potter.....

My button to edit and script type just disappeared....
Damn

Mac, it is is the little dots next to report. Click on it, drop down menu can select edit from. Hehe, don’t ask me how I know, but might have done it a couple of times. I am fat fingered.

Awesome your NYC trip is shaping up Schumi.

Left overs for dinner tonight. So no real cooking, just pick what you want, heat if you want, and let’s just say, more than enough for dinner tonight too. A burger is calling my name, so have a good one all.

Hot and beautiful day, with a wee parade from one of our local VFW posts. Bigger parades are for 4th of July. Candy throwing one at that time.

And a sighting of Buckeev. Hope you were not flooded, and all doing well our your way. Seems weddings are in your schedule if I can remember right.

Mac, it is is the little dots next to report. Click on it, drop down menu can select edit from. Hehe, don’t ask me how I know, but might have done it a couple of times. I am fat fingered.
Those dots don’t show up and the text style (for I) is shaded and so using regular text now

I use the iPhone for posting in case that makes the difference

Good evening everyone. We had a good day. The zoo was a nice, small zoo. Nothing fancy, but saw lots of animals. The animals were also very vocal today. I don’t think I have ever heard so much noise in a zoo before. I will try to post some pictures later tonight. I used my regular camera and not my phone.

Remember when I said DH’s oldest was getting a trip to Europe as she was in running for a major award? SHE WON!
Wow! Congratulations to her.

I haven’t seen any ads here yet and still have some trouble getting the site to load on my phone. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out soon.

Those dots don’t show up and the text style (for I) is shaded and so using regular text now

I use the iPhone for posting in case that makes the difference

Don’t know if availability on other, but I see it after I post on my iPhone. What I have to try is multi quoting. Have not mastered that.

What a roller coaster of emotions day. When they were flown out yesterday, the diagnosis was that it was a 3cm cancerous tumor. This was the agreed upon diagnosis of 4 doctors. Once the MRI guided surgery began, news came out that it was a cyst. As the surgery progressed, the very best news possible.....it was an abscess that had to be drained. There was no tumor and there was no cancer. Three neurosurgeons in the room were dumbfounded.

The animals were also very vocal today. I don’t think I have ever heard so much noise in a zoo before. I will try to post some pictures later tonight
I love when the animals “talk”! Yes pic of animals if you can!

Actually nice sunny day today. Storms return tomorrow. Hope I can concentrate at work lol. Tomorrow night may be dinner out as I’m trying to eat up the food in fridge. Family cleaned house today.

Both phone and iPad are good - it’s very similar to another Disney boards sight,

5033E034-49D0-466D-9B3F-F22E434C2CAA.pngAnd this from my kid on her geology internship. (Friends with several on Facebook so didn’t block name lol).

DH’s oldest Katelyn is now in Norway to present at a conference. She’s posting gorgeous photos from the land of midnight sun.

I feel like I was a major slacker in my twenties...

Mac sounds lovely what the town does for Memorial Day.

Wow Schumi your trip back across the pond is also coming up fast!

Oooo time for hockey. LET’S GO BLUES!!!

What a roller coaster of emotions day. When they were flown out yesterday, the diagnosis was that it was a 3cm cancerous tumor. This was the agreed upon diagnosis of 4 doctors. Once the MRI guided surgery began, news came out that it was a cyst. As the surgery progressed, the very best news possible.....it was an abscess that had to be drained. There was no tumor and there was no cancer. Three neurosurgeons in the room were dumbfounded.
The best news! I want to cry for them in relief!

Happy Memorial Day everyone to you and your families and anyone who served 🇺🇸:-)...It has been a hot few days here but won' complain even though my hot flashes are going crazy. We went to see Detective Picachu today with the teens it was a good movie. Home and getting warm weather clothes and shoes out. We made tacos for dinner!

The teens worked this weekend. Brian and I went to Outback for dinner on Saturday it was nice but strange. They have such good food. Other than that clean clean clean!!

Schumi glad you are enjoying your :car:. Nice that you had a nice trip home and getting ready for your visit with your family. Good luck that there isn't a big mess with your driveway.

Mac I hope your tests went well. Thanks for being a great mod :thumbsup2 I hope you are able to stay cool:-):-)

Charade Cool pic of B coming out of school, I may have to do that. I am so glad that the graduation was nice, Congrats to B. :banana:....Yay for the grad trip coming up:woohoo:

Patty W Great Pics:thumbsup2 I am glad to hear that you are having a great trip! I have always wanted to stay at at Swan/Dolphin. Glad to hear the tour was great!

Robo I am so glad that your trip is turning out nice. I like the front of the ride, looks great. How cool to hear the music being tested, thanks for sharing. 😁

Monykalyn Congrats on her winning, how awesome for your family:thumbsup2:woohoo:I like the pic of the chicken they are so cute!! Thanks for the congrats for Liv. Sorry to hear about all the devastation in your state. BBQ sounds awesome!

Sue Happy belated birthday :jumping1:.Glad that you liked Aladdin!! I want to go see it soon. Good luck with your citizenship, totally understand why you are doing it!

Pooh sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. I hope everything goes well and well wishes for a speedy recovery! Cancer s----!!!:worried:

Realfoodfans I am sorry to hear about your mum's passing. It is never easy no matter how old. Your dad is lucky to have you to help him through it. :goodvibes

Lynne Love the pics at the zoo. Your daughter is brave, I am not sure if I would do it, Liv might. Nice pic of the pool. If the weather keeps this up it will be iced coffee or tea all the time:thumbsup2

Tink I love the pic sideways, it gives a new vision of what the ride would be like😄 I hope you had a nice weekend.

Buckeev Hi I hope you had a nice weekend.

A big :yay: to anyone I missed!!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter