Something About Nothing ... #12

What a roller coaster of emotions day. When they were flown out yesterday, the diagnosis was that it was a 3cm cancerous tumor. This was the agreed upon diagnosis of 4 doctors. Once the MRI guided surgery began, news came out that it was a cyst. As the surgery progressed, the very best news possible.....it was an abscess that had to be drained. There was no tumor and there was no cancer. Three neurosurgeons in the room were dumbfounded.
That is amazing news!!

Here are a few of my favorite pics from today.

Hi, homies. Pretty down here. Friends took their 6 year old daughter to the ER this morning with what they thought was a migraine. She's being flown to Memphis tonight to St. Judes where she'll undergo surgery tomorrow on a 3cm cancerous mass on her frontal lobe. Things like this should never happen to a child.
Words cannot express my thoughts for this little girl and her family but I am holding them all in my prayers x

Why is there so much blank space to the side of the posts????

Had a mooch around the boards and it seems good, like the new emoji things....but surely the posts could be bigger instead of all the empty blank space to the side......
Think it depends what you’re viewing on perhaps as no blank space on my iPhone or iPad ?

Last edited:
It’s going to take me awhile to get used to the new look. But yay we’re back.

I haven’t had connection issue, but I waited till late afternoon to try it out.

Thank you for the birthday wishes, it was very nice! Glad you’re enjoying the new ride!
I’m on iPad right now, so far it’s ok.

Hmmm, I’m posting on iPad. So far it’s good. But it’s late afternoon here so maybe they worked out some glitches.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Maybe your dad can’t see the pics but he can reminisce with you talking about what pics you’re looking at. Prayers for you and your family.

Glad flights were able to be changed!
Oh those chickens! Their shenanigans are too fun! I don’t think they know they’re chickens! More like house pets!

Yikes, what awful behaviour at grad. He has some growing up to do!
Thanks for the birthday wishes. We enjoyed Aladdin. Both my daughters came, youngests boyfriend, her bff (since gr 9) and fiancé. Everyone thought it was good. Oldest liked it but likes the original best. However she rarely things the remakes more. Hard to top Robin Williams but Will Smith did a good job.
Hope you enjoyed the zoo!

Stay cool! Yes! What’s a birthday without cake! And candles! Husband went overboard with a large Costco cake. So much leftover. Made daughter take some home. We froze some.

What awful news to get. I hope surgery goes well for her. St. Jude’s has a great reputation.

Pic worked! Yes, going to take some getting used to for sure. I haven’t even checked out the new emojis yet!

Weather is improved today, wish we had this weather for Birthday bbq! Took dogs for a walk this afternoon on trails around a pretty area I’ve wanted to explore but haven’t up to now. Only walked around 30 min, dogs were getting hot. Next time I’ll go earlier, not mid day!
This week have 2 more get together with friends for my birthday!
Thank you. Yes we are reminiscing all the time his long term memory is amazing - yesterday not so much but we are coping. The story of how they met and travelled to see each other afterwards etc could make a movie. I have some envy for their life story together but as Dad says it makes it even harder to be apart x

What a roller coaster of emotions day. When they were flown out yesterday, the diagnosis was that it was a 3cm cancerous tumor. This was the agreed upon diagnosis of 4 doctors. Once the MRI guided surgery began, news came out that it was a cyst. As the surgery progressed, the very best news possible.....it was an abscess that had to be drained. There was no tumor and there was no cancer. Three neurosurgeons in the room were dumbfounded.
Wonderful news for everybody x

The best news!!!! My goodness the relief her family must feel will be palpable!!! Bless them....a remarkable outcome.....so happy for everyone...

I love when the animals “talk”! Yes pic of animals if you can!

Actually nice sunny day today. Storms return tomorrow. Hope I can concentrate at work lol. Tomorrow night may be dinner out as I’m trying to eat up the food in fridge. Family cleaned house today.

Both phone and iPad are good - it’s very similar to another Disney boards sight,

View attachment 403562And this from my kid on her geology internship. (Friends with several on Facebook so didn’t block name lol).

DH’s oldest Katelyn is now in Norway to present at a conference. She’s posting gorgeous photos from the land of midnight sun.

I feel like I was a major slacker in my twenties...

Mac sounds lovely what the town does for Memorial Day.

Wow Schumi your trip back across the pond is also coming up fast!

Oooo time for hockey. LET’S GO BLUES!!!

Lovely picture......hope she`s enjoying her time in New Mexico...….

Norway is so beautiful, we loved it there, only been once but plan at some point to visit again or Iceland to see the midnight sun....and the Northern lights too...…

Your trip is almost here.....yep, concentrating is hard just before a trip....enjoy that dinner out!!

Think it depends what you’re viewing on perhaps as no blank space on my iPhone or iPad ?

On my ipads there are news feeds until about half way down then grey space.....on laptop there is a little bit of feed, a charity ad then totally blank.....real waste of space.

Guys have arrived and work has commenced. Tea and coffee making is my primary job today...….well, Tom will take it out to them....I make a good strong cup of English tea.

Happy Tuesday all...…..

403703 - yay!

And you know what that means? 403704 - that's right. Mac's going to Taco Bell, and the work week is a shorter one.

But yeah, 403705.

And it feels like a Monday. Not as quick commute, but a nice you go first, at 4 way stop, and there was only 2 of us arriving at almost the same time. Dark enough commute, that the car didn't turn off the lights until just before the last traffic light to get in. But now, as my work computer took a very long time to boot up, guess it's not feeling this Tuesday either, and oooh, now a bright sun just above the horizon, even with the cloudy sky. Warm enough, 80 is the high, but rain to come from 9 to 5 today. Gee, work day for rain too, so happy when I go home, should be no rain.

So thankful to hear the good news for young Callie Grace, Pooh. Happy tears, yes, and hope she has a quick recovery, and is enjoying her gymnastics fun very soon.

Charade, great pictures. Lots of animals, even if a small zoo. Thank you so sharing them. And yes, most of what I post I take directly from my phone, I don't load it to a host site first. Been doing that even with the old DIS.

Real, sending more good thoughts of peace and comfort, so hard for have been together for so many years, and I hope the memories become sweet stories for generations.

And Schumi is up early, and I'd be sticking my hand out for a cup of that English tea. So nice of you to offer drinks for the workers. Hope the work is excellent, and you have a beautiful, new driveway shortly.

With that, tea is ready, and so I am thirsty enough to drink it now.

Have a totally terrific Tuesday.

And prom alert: Little one's prom is now two days away.

Last edited:
Good morning. I’m up and ready early today. It feels kind of weird that I don’t have to drop B off at school this morning.

Your pics are awesome!!

Thank you. I have a great zoom lens on my camera.

Charade, great pictures. Lots of animals, even if a small zoo. Thank you so sharing them. And yes, most of what I post I take directly from my phone, I don't load it to a host site first. Been doing that even with the old DIS.
Thanks. I had no idea that you could upload pictures directly from a phone. I had always thought you needed a host site. Yesterday I put all of my pictures on tinypic, but when I went to add them to Dis I was given the option to drag and drop. I guess I don’t need tinypic anymore. Yay!

I guess I’ll get some breakfast and head over to the office.

Your camera takes great pictures, Charade. We have 2 cameras, but they are now sitting since the phone camera is generally good, and much easier to carry. We may take one of the cameras on our January cruise.

Sky is very dark, you'd think it's at night. Yep, phone says the remainder of the awful Midwest storms, have arrived, and a very wet Tuesday in store. Lots of yellows in the radar heading our way.

More tea for me.

And yes, Charade, soon no more yelling to get up for school. 2 and 1/2 days this week, 2 days next week, then day before graduation the week after, and the day of graduation. 1/2 day for day before graduation, they do an drunk driver accident exercise, then the graduation day, the funeral exercise, and bbq lunch, with graduation at night. Should be a steamy day, so hoping no rain.

Good morning :coffee:

Pooh, so happy to hear about Callie Grace, sounds like the power of prayer at work. Hope she's back to normal soon.

Charade...love the pics. I remember when Trey graduated it was hard because he left after the ceremony to go work at my brother's furniture store in Alabama for the summer and the house felt so empty without him.

Lynne...stay safe ...hope the storms pass you quickly and no damage is done.

Carole...hope your driveway is done quickly and you'll enjoy that new car even more with a smooth ride.

Glad I have the day off today after 6 in a row in 90 degree heat and yesterday was rough since we had a pair of shoplifters exit out of the garden center...the guy who had tattoos all over his face went out first empty handed and his female accomplice came soon after with a cart containing 2 large jack boxes. We asked to see her receipt and she said it was in the car and kept going out the exit so I followed her a few feet to see what kind of vehicle she got into when she said in a dead serious tone "if you try to follow me I will kill you" :scared1: needless to say, I went back as quickly as my legs would carry me. There was an employee shopping at the same time and he got a picture of the car. I have stopped 2 shoplifters in the past month and recovered the items so I guess I was too confident this time. I learned my lesson and will never follow a thief again...it's not worth it. I'm still a little shaken up thinking about what could have happened.

Time to do the laundry and get going with the yard work while it's still relatively cool...have a great day everyone 😎

Good morning :coffee:

Pooh, so happy to hear about Callie Grace, sounds like the power of prayer at work. Hope she's back to normal soon.

Charade...love the pics. I remember when Trey graduated it was hard because he left after the ceremony to go work at my brother's furniture store in Alabama for the summer and the house felt so empty without him.

Lynne...stay safe ...hope the storms pass you quickly and no damage is done.

Carole...hope your driveway is done quickly and you'll enjoy that new car even more with a smooth ride.

Glad I have the day off today after 6 in a row in 90 degree heat and yesterday was rough since we had a pair of shoplifters exit out of the garden center...the guy who had tattoos all over his face went out first empty handed and his female accomplice came soon after with a cart containing 2 large jack boxes. We asked to see her receipt and she said it was in the car and kept going out the exit so I followed her a few feet to see what kind of vehicle she got into when she said in a dead serious tone "if you try to follow me I will kill you" :scared1: needless to say, I went back as quickly as my legs would carry me. There was an employee shopping at the same time and he got a picture of the car. I have stopped 2 shoplifters in the past month and recovered the items so I guess I was too confident this time. I learned my lesson and will never follow a thief again...it's not worth it. I'm still a little shaken up thinking about what could have happened.

Time to do the laundry and get going with the yard work while it's still relatively cool...have a great day everyone 😎

Vicki, how awful!!! I`d have hot trotted it back inside too!!

Yep, not worth it to confront them......you just never know.....try to put it behind you, but I can imagine it`ll stay with you for a while......a good stiff cocktail tonight may help!!!

Don`t work too hard in the yard...…..:hug:

That is scary, TInk. Glad you were okay, and thanks for the thoughts. Seems thunderstorms are predicted for the next 2 days too. Then a partly sunny Friday, with a beautiful Saturday, then stormy Sunday. Starting our early summer days abit early. Bouncing in the 70's and 80's, and wet most of the days.

Street still sounds wet. Oh well. Seems to be a calm, so will bring my umbrella, but getting ready for lunch time walk.

Monykalyn congrats to step daughter winning award and going to Greece!

Keishashadow cute little friend! Cake looks good, but pic is very small.

Lynne hope your installations went well.

Mac stay cool! Sounds like a nice Memorial Celebration in town.

Schumi you’re LI Trip is coming together! Not long now! Looking forward to hearing about it! My brother lives on LI, in Port Washington. But I rarely go there, we always meet up in Florida!

Pooh that is the best news ever!

Monykalyn love the New Mexico pic. The kids are doing alright!

Bobbie my youngest saw Picachu with her boyfriend and liked it! We haven’t been to an Outback in ages! There was both an Outback and Ale House next to a condo she had in N. Miami and we used to go to the Outback all the time. Then we tried Ale House and decided we liked that better!

Charade great zoo pics!

Schumi I get the same on my iPad. Lots of grey space. I’d like the posts to be larger too.
Good luck with the driveway, hope there isn’t too much dust getting into the house. We did a massive lower floor Reno a few years ago in the basement, including jack hammering part of the floor to add a bathroom no matter how much plastic barrier they put up, the dust got into the rest of the house, it was choking, ugh

Lynne I rarely use my camera now too. Primarily use iPhone. The phone camera has come a long way! One less thing to pack. Hope the storms aren’t too bad in your area.

Tink how scary. I hope they got the license plate and catch them. Were police called?

It’s 9:00 am, time to get moving and have some coffee. Meeting a friend at the inlet park in awhile. We used to work together, she retired 6 mos before me. Pretty trail that goes along the inlet. And a great icecream place in the park! Gas company coming this morning to install new meter. So husband has to be back by the time I leave.
Cloudy and cool today yesterday was warm & sunny. Guess it’s too much to ask for 2 days in a row, lol.

Those having a 4 day week, enjoy! I thought it made the work week fly by. Tomorrow it’s already Wednesday! Loved those 4 day weeks.

Good Afternoon:wave:...It is a cloudy day with some lower temps. Tacos were good last night and everyone was pleased. The teens were playing on the wii and Brian and I started looking at areas to look at in Florida. It is a lot of work trying to narrow down some places. There is so much to look at. I am at 10 to look at

.I told the family we have to sit down soon and look at the parks we are going too. These are all new to me so I don't have a plan yet:eek:. I am one to like a plan of attack. I decided not to do any tours atSea World or Bush Gardens.I think it will be okay with all the other stuff we have planned. I did splurge for Discovery Cove dolphin swim, cabana and the elite package.

I think AKL for the one night will be a surprise enough for Liv. I am very proud of myself. I have managed to keep it a secret. I did tell Charlie but not Liv. I have never been able to do this before. Brian didn't think I could. I can't wait to see her face when she thinks we are driving home then end up at AKL😁

This week we have one big event. Thursday is Liv's top 10 scholar banquet. It should be a nice time and I have about 8 family and friends going to support her. This place is a lovely banquet hall with good food. We got her dress now just to decide shoes.

Tonight's dinner is Tuna and pasta, quick, easy and cheap:thumbsup2

Pooh so happy to hear about Callie Grace's diagnosis and prognosis. I am so sorry she and her family had to go through such a scary time. I hope she feels better soon.

Tink That was so scary!! I have worked in retail and so does Liv. The one thing they do stress is to never follow or engage a shop lifter. It is so hard no to instinctively do it. I am glad that you are okay and you are such a great employee. Enjoy your yard work!!

Charade great pics!! I love taking animal ones. I am still can't believe Liv is done this week and graduates next. It must feel weird not to have to take her. I still get up and help get her out of the house but she drives to school so that stopped in January. I hope you enjoyed your breakfast!!

Lynne how exciting it's your turn for prom!! We have a project graduation that the school district offers. We use one of the other schools gym's or facility and there is a party from 9 pm to 5 am for the seniors. There is food, DJ and games. It is very popular here and a lot of parents volunteer. Liv said she doesn't want to do it so she will come home after graduation. She does have to work early the next day and she likes to sleep. I am hoping for a nice day for our gradations. I hope your rain and storms aren't too bad. Enjoy your tea!!!

realfoodfans It sounds like your parents had an amazing life story. I know it is hard now for your dad but I hope the reminiscing gets easier and makes him feel better in time.

Schumi Good luck with the digging part. I hope it is not to dusty and messy for you! I dated a guy who was from England many years ago. I remember his family made the best tea ever!!!

Sue I have been hearing so many good things about the Ale house in Florida. It is on my list for one day we are eating out to try it. I can't wait. I like Outback for a steak house but I think I like Longhorn a little better. Glad they like the movie too.

Mac Happy Taco Tuesday!!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Good Afternoon!

Bobbie, so exciting all you planned, and don't ask my Dsis how many houses we saw, before we bought the one we are still owning. Hope you find the right house in Florida, before school starts for Liv. Hope you are not having any headaches, and hope those hot flashes get less and less.

Sue, sounds like an ice cream stop is an excellent way to get in touch with a friend. Enjoy. And yep, installation went fine, and we think colder, and more air coming out of our vents. DH must be the cold family member, the rest of us are enjoying a nicely cooled house.

Walk was oh so muggy. Sure looks like more rain is coming, but dry and a tiny show of sun, was nice so no umbrella had to be open. And was so hot after walk, got an iced coffee. Sweater will be on before I leave though, it is cool inside. Then I leave the sweater on my chair.

It's going to be a long afternoon. Then I have to boogie out of here. Little one's nails getting done late this afternoon. The money train has not left the station, it's just started its unloading. Sigh. Other costs for college, but no more proms. Sniff.

Sue, yes there is too much space that is blank on here now.......one of several little issues I have with the new format........
Well, they started the far end of the drive so not too bad today, but rest of the week will be worse I imagine.......I hate large projects......hope you have a lovely day.......

bobbie......yes us Brits do make the best tea........real tea, not iced nor sweet.....that is odd to us.......we love Ale House.....especially the one on Kirkman......not too touristy, very local feel. Sounds like some nice plans for your trip already.....I’m sure she’ll be very surprised at AKL....and hope she enjoys the event this week........

Bottom of the drive is a mass of mess........but will get worse.......heyho.....

Dinner was salmon, mini baby potatoes and some roasted veg.......bought some siracha salt when we were in Winter Park and forgot about it till tonight......it is very nice....will buy more next time. My list has started for next visit........::yes::

Yawning tonight......might be an early one........

Back from Orlando!! Wow!! So hot and full sun all weekend!! :sunny: Landed at 1am this morning and back at work today! Rain and 60 here!:(

Had a great weekend ! So nice to have our family all together!! Hope to get my Disney TR going soon!!:thumbsup2

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!! Haven't caught up here with all the posts but wishing all of my friends here well!!:D

Leaving work soon- early bed tonight!!

Dinner will be quick and easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter