Something About Nothing ... #12

Here is some pictures of that lovely, very crowded zoo trip. Little one humors me, and takes them.

View attachment 227663 View attachment 227665 View attachment 227666

Keisha, I had a 6 and got a 7 plus. I thought it might be too big, but my kids have always joked that my icons were big. So, they have 7s, and I am still downloading to have like I like it. And of course, little one set most of it up for me, and also changed the feeling of the home button. Yeah, have to admit I am old. LOL. And yes, I did the Target deal. I shop there enough, it felt like a good deal. Older one upgraded his 6 to 7 at the ATT store, as it included a free iPad mini 2 cellular. He was happy with that deal, as he can get phone calls on it. Me, I figured the plus was a big enough mini for me. Otherwise, I like my full size one, that does not have cellular.

Lazy night. Bacon with salad, chicken nuggets and baked breaded clams. Olde one ate all the clams, little one are most of the bacon.

Time to get ready for the start of the work week.

Enjoy watching TWD tonight.

I took over 4 hours for target dude to try and figure out how to process ATT. Said he's been there 3 months and has only done verizon & sprint.

Sigh

He looked at me when getting ready to do #2 and asked if i was doing a silent prayer to make sure i was 'approved' for it by ATT. Assume he was referring to my credit lol. If he wasn't so darn young & dumb, I'd have started flipping counters @ target. Hmmph

Left store and phone stopped working.

Went to 'real' ATT, they fixed, came home & things are 'missing' off my 7.

Back to different ATT I. goes today

Got hit up with 2 air. Filters costing $100 during car recall. Engine something or other & normal air filter. Guess i should've asked how much before saying yes lol.

So sad this morning...a teen that we have known for the last decade passed away this morning after he fell off the back of a car yesterday and sustained a head injury. He was such an awesome kid and my youngest had played football and baseball with him for many years and we will miss him so much. His parents are some of the best people you would ever want to know. Devastating and tragic.

So sad to hear, sorry.

That panda looks scary!

It's the eyes

And me too Mac! Early bird. Work gets in the way sometimes. LOL

I should say hellooooo. There may be a ship docking soon. The fog is so thick, you'd think we're near the sea. Either that, or HHN is trying out the fog machines.
At least it is warm.

That Panda PC! Thanks for the picture. Scary it is.

th
th
Yes, it's Tuesday, and time for tacos. Well, maybe for dinner.

Mac, since you're up early:

th

Hope your coffee was strong and black.

Good Morning Homies! Time to fire up the tea kettle or coffee maker. Grab a raincoat, rain, heavy at times, will be our Tuesday.

Ship's horn you say?

We had a flock of wild turkeys outside our offices today. I tried to take pictures, but they scattered as I drove up. Two of the toms were in full plumage mode. It was really cool!

Don't make me post my video of the Turkies circling the cat on the road. Weirdest thing ive seen thus far this year lol.

We have so many of them here this year for some reason. Dumbest things, just stand on the road staring you down.

I am lucky I can play Mini-golf. (I want to try the two courses at CityWalk.)

The two courses at Citywalk are excellent! Love the haunted side the best, especially at night........

Schumi, you'll be on the pro golf circuit before you know it...or you'll be too senile to know better.:thumbsup2

Lol......think it may be the latter!!! Saw the same man I nearly hit with golf club yesterday.......he was moving rather quickly to next hole when he saw me.........:rolleyes1

Janet, Tom showed me that video of those turkeys circling the cat! Weird. Really weird. He watches all these classic fail videos too all the time.......sometimes he'll be sat howling with laughter at some poor sod who thinks he can ski off a roof on a knife while using a circular saw........:rotfl:and similar idiotic things........

Started decorating downstairs bathroom this afternoon........ceiling damage has been sorted from leak from above, so decided I may as well decorate it again.......mainly tiled and fairly recently done, but it has some wall to paint........so, did the first whitewash of original colour that was on it.......I do quite like painting.......only bit of DIY I do like........then when that's done I think I'll change the flooring too.......bored with the stuff that's down now.

Time to start dinner........Baked Salmon for us.........

Happy Tuesday.........

Kesiha, sorry to hear about your new phone issues. I was very lucky and unlucky. Walked into the Target, and was the only person asking for the new phone. ATT here too. Well, even though I have been with ATT for over 10 years, ATT was not sure it was really me wanting the new phone. After 1 and 1/2 hours, new phone in hand. Then went to Apple Store, and got them to help me make new phone look exactly like old phone - like where the apps were placed. 30 minutes later, and an expensive charging case for it from Apple, and I am slowly enjoying the new phone. For one, I am excited the camera is even better than on my 6. I tend to not carry my DSL camera as much, since I can print the pictures from my phone. Eek, about car costs. HeHe, DS had to pay for his oil change, but then got a charge for a new filter too. Good thing he took extra money with him.

Lunchtime for me, but with the rain, and cooler weather, I also will have not as good a food as Schumi's dinner.

Nice pictures of the sand cranes Robo. The babies are so cute. Late yesterday afternoon, had a large barn owl knock into my window with its face smashed on it, beak wide open. Scared me. His wings were as wide as my large window's pane. Was asked if I got a picture. Umm, no. It was so quick, and was so shocked to see such a big bird that time of day. They do live around here, but are mostly dusk, night, and dawn hunters. I guess he was hungry. As I looked as it left, it caught a small bird and flew out of sight. Had only seen one from afar on a tree, and in a zoo. Better than the pigeons we are always seem to attract to our building.

Don't make me post my video of the Turkies circling the cat on the road. Weirdest thing ive seen thus far this year lol.

We have so many of them here this year for some reason. Dumbest things, just stand on the road staring you down.

Turkeys are stupid birds. On farms they have to shoo them inside when it rains because they'll stare up at the sky and drown.

Kesiha, sorry to hear about your new phone issues. I was very lucky and unlucky. Walked into the Target, and was the only person asking for the new phone. ATT here too. Well, even though I have been with ATT for over 10 years, ATT was not sure it was really me wanting the new phone. After 1 and 1/2 hours, new phone in hand. Then went to Apple Store, and got them to help me make new phone look exactly like old phone - like where the apps were placed. 30 minutes later, and an expensive charging case for it from Apple, and I am slowly enjoying the new phone. For one, I am excited the camera is even better than on my 6. I tend to not carry my DSL camera as much, since I can print the pictures from my phone. Eek, about car costs. HeHe, DS had to pay for his oil change, but then got a charge for a new filter too. Good thing he took extra money with him.

Lunchtime for me, but with the rain, and cooler weather, I also will have not as good a food as Schumi's dinner.

Nice pictures of the sand cranes Robo. The babies are so cute. Late yesterday afternoon, had a large barn owl knock into my window with its face smashed on it, beak wide open. Scared me. His wings were as wide as my large window's pane. Was asked if I got a picture. Umm, no. It was so quick, and was so shocked to see such a big bird that time of day. They do live around here, but are mostly dusk, night, and dawn hunters. I guess he was hungry. As I looked as it left, it caught a small bird and flew out of sight. Had only seen one from afar on a tree, and in a zoo. Better than the pigeons we are always seem to attract to our building.

I was only person @ the target phone counter the whole time lol. I'm slowly grabbing my apps out of cloud. Did find my emails at least. Need to sit down with both phones and work off the old one i suppose.

I was so tempted to grab that red charging cover @ apple. Let me know if you think it helps the battery life significantly please. Currently i have a 6s cover that one of my kids let me use. Covering most of camera & speakers but im such a klutz. Ordered another Spigen one, will be here tomorrow. Have lost count of # of times that brand has saved my phone. A glass screen protector too this time. Not happy they changed the design of the case, still supposed to be military grade, guess I'll find out. Lol.

Carole always has interesting menus. I'm making stir fry today, trying new one with hoisin/oyster combo based sauce for something different.

I love stir fry Janet........like hoisin but always add fresh jalapeños for some heat.........

Salmon was gorgeous.......hard to go wrong though.......I had roasted diced sweet potatoes, diced squash and red peppers roasted in spices, DH and DS had cold pasta salad.......strange, but what they fancied.

It's now 7pm and I'm ready for sleeping! Maybe all that fresh air.........

Looking forward to the new series of Twin Peaks when it comes out.........so excited for that! Think you either loved it or hated it.........I adored it!

Time for cuppa........before I fall asleep!

Do they taste like chicken?

LOL......don't know......it would be the most expensive chicken you would ever eat.....
These are endangered species......killing one would earn a person a $ 250,000 fine.

Caught a neighbor boy a few years ago shooting metal tip arrows at them.....he missed thank goodness.......His mom came out and almost passed out when I told her what was gong on. Needless to say she took his bow and arrow away.

What's the recipe for Stir Fry Janet?

Tastes like chicken???? :duck:

I am craving a lemon doughnut, or a caramel doughnut........heck, any kind of doughnut........

DH just offered to drive 40 minutes to go get me some.........:hug: what a guy! Told him no need.......it's almost 10pm so will have a cuppa and Half a scone........that'll do me.........

Feels chilly tonight, bit foggy too out to sea.......will hear the foghorns tonight I'm sure..........

I used to crave certain foods when I was pg

Now if I feel like ice cream I buy it no matter what time it is

Walmart is only about ten minutes from me and its 24/7

We have 24 hour supermarkets open, but around 30 minute drive away.........he was just out the shower, so wouldn't have asked him to go.......not just for a doughnut........lol........

Now I'm thinking of ice cream...........

I need to go to bed before I start mooching in freezer.......:P

What a difference a day makes! We had a high of 68 after a measly 45 for the previous couple of days. The sun is out and the wind is down.

Wagman, that is one heck of a story on buying your tickets.

Schumi...you must really like sweet potatoes! We're having pork chops. Salmon would be healthier but I just had fish on Sunday.

Keisha, I have ATT as well but am not going to buy the 7. When I added hubby to my plan, the AT&T store messed up our new 6's and I am apparently now him with my phone number. I get all his texts and if I text him, I am texting myself. We haven't fixed it yet. Not sure you'll get better service from an actual AT&T location is my point.

I have the day off tomorrow! So excited to pay bills and do laundry and reconcile my bank accounts and .... okay.... maybe not.

PC, that Panda has a bit of a 'Five Nights at Freddy's' vibe to it...a bit creepy.

I posted my misadventures in ticket buying on another thread, yesterday, but wanted to drop a synopsis here: I purchase with a prepaid AmEx card, so I logged into UT and put 4 of the 2Park 2Days + 2Days Free tickets in the cart to get the final price...went and loaded up my AmEx card with a couple dollars more than needed and returned to the UT cart to finish...but, the price had been raised by $80+. I was having a bad day, anyway, so I wasn't too happy. Chatted with them and was told they raised the price because Universal raised the price (only, Universal had not)...told them I was taking my business elsewhere...and did. After looking at other discount sites and not knowing which to trust, I turned to sites like mousesavers and themeparkinsider for advise and they both recommended arestravel.com...so, I went there and got the tickets for $24 ($6 each) less than I would have at UT. I will be upgrading those when I get to UOR.

Not that I think UT is a shoddy site, I just did not have a great experience...never had a price increase on items already in cart.

I guess I was in a 'buy my way out of depression' mode, yesterday, as I also bought a mulching conversion kit and blades for my mower...I do so look forward to another year of yard work....NOT!!!!

Schumi, you'll be on the pro golf circuit before you know it...or you'll be too senile to know better.:thumbsup2

same thing happened to me!! i thought something was messed up, but the prices increased right in front of my eyes!! what is going on??

Can i get your opinions? Ive been with Verizon forever, but now I need an upgrade from my ****ty LG phone as well as need a phone for my now 16yo daughter. It is her first cell phone! So Verizon doesnt really have any good deals right now, but AT&T has the B1G1 iPhone 7 or Galaxy S7.
Is there any kind of trick or need to know before I switch over to AT&T for the phone deal? Ive already tried twice to see if Verizon will match it, and they will not do the phone deals. Is this really as good as it seems basically?? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter