Something About Nothing ... #12

Tygerlilly…...bacon sandwiches are a work of art.....if you like bacon of course......lol...….

Lynne.....keep well!!!

Robo….nice pictures....phones can capture things not too bad!!! We ended up cloudy and a bit of rain, but we did see it earlier and it was so impressive.....Kyle got some good pictures, but not quite dark enough.

Sue, it`s a labour of love clearing our cabinets and so on....but worth it when it`s done......oh when I told him how much that saffron cost he didn't quite believe me...….lol...…

mac......that sounds horrendous with the rain.....that's the type of rain you love to listen to when you`re laying in bed and don't have anywhere to go....not fun to be out in...…

So, you`re on the bacon or breakfast this morning......well, it`ll be lunch for me by time everyone here gets up...….I`ll be here...…

Wednesday again...…..

Going to grind down some rump steak to make beef burgers tonight...….another easy dinner.....sweet potato wedges for me, fries for Kyle and Tom wants his in a large bun......okaydok…….

Heading out this morning just to wander.....bit of shopping....no real plans...….

Have a great Wednesday……………….:D

Last edited:
Schumi,
Your second cartoon picture of what the minion says is a Hoot!

Gave me a belly laugh when I read that

I slept one hour and woke up
I’m following the path of charade I think
She talks about waking up during the night and takes her a time to get back to sleep

Hope Kyle was able to stay up and get more pictures of the moon tonight

We have all week of rain and no real complaints as we prefer that over snow

Schumi,
Your second cartoon picture of what the minion says is a Hoot!

Gave me a belly laugh when I read that

I slept one hour and woke up
I’m following the path of charade I think
She talks about waking up during the night and takes her a time to get back to sleep

Hope Kyle was able to stay up and get more pictures of the moon tonight

We have all week of rain and no real complaints as we prefer that over snow

I see you still up...….::yes::

I have been known to say what I really think more often than not!!!! NO filter at times......lol....usually I have cause though......:rolleyes1

He only got pictures early on, it just wasn't dark enough for full effects, but they`re decent.....

Yes, rain is better than snow....always......we had rain all night, now it`s just grey and windy.....no sunshine so far.....hope you get back to sleep soon.....

Bacon?

Both kids are slackers. No school for either. Hence, quiet house. Made some eggs with cheese, but could use some bacon, Mac.
09BC3013-5DBC-42F7-B4BF-90ACAACA3224.jpeg

Hehe, snow is surely coming, but so is the camel. Happy Hump Day homies.

Hunker down, Sue. This is just the shot of white we get, but with the last couple of times we had snow, rain and warmer temps made short work of it. No different this time. Snowy day, rainy night. I hear ya, once money for this, why not spend more for that. I always thought a tankless hot water heater would be nice, but cannot have where I live. Oh well. Natural gas heaters are what most houses use for both heater and hot water ones. Once gas in the house, easier to make all use it.

Ooh, I hear footsteps. Means maybe a run for coffee may be in the cards.

Later homies.

Good morning everyone. I am feeling pretty good this morning. I actually got 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
We woke up to a bit of snow. It looks like maybe an inch or two. I’m going to text my boss later this morning and see if I need to come into work. I know the 9:00 and 10:00 clients cancelled.

B is supposed to have a tap rehearsal tonight. Don’t know if that will get cancelled or not. Tonight is also when they are supposed to bring dresses to the prom dress resale at school. I am assuming that since school is closed they won’t be accepting the dresses today either. It looks like I will be responsible for taking B’s old dress to school tomorrow night. She is going to be spending another weekend at the university she will be attending.

Guess I should get up and get the day started.

Schumi who is having the homies over for a bacon breakfast this morning

You or me?

Your house may be cleaner than mine

Lol......I have Tom doing most of the vacuuming and He washes all the floors.....so yes, we’re good to have guests over anytime!!! :)

Bacon?

Both kids are slackers. No school for either. Hence, quiet house. Made some eggs with cheese, but could use some bacon, Mac.
View attachment 383583

Hehe, snow is surely coming, but so is the camel. Happy Hump Day homies.

Hunker down, Sue. This is just the shot of white we get, but with the last couple of times we had snow, rain and warmer temps made short work of it. No different this time. Snowy day, rainy night. I hear ya, once money for this, why not spend more for that. I always thought a tankless hot water heater would be nice, but cannot have where I live. Oh well. Natural gas heaters are what most houses use for both heater and hot water ones. Once gas in the house, easier to make all use it.

Ooh, I hear footsteps. Means maybe a run for coffee may be in the cards.

Later homies.

Nice snow picture.........

We don’t have a tank for our water or central heating......it’s fabulous......we have gas central heating, with a condensing boiler, very common over here......never heard of natural gas heaters......must be popular in America.......

We did have bacon sandwiches for lunch.........lush!!!

And sun finally appeared........

I lived with all gas appliances all my life until I moved south

Really enjoyed it

In Georgia, all our utilities are electric
We don’t have any gas lines

It took me forever (and still trying) to cook on all electric appliances

Cats only had to learn the lesson once, not to jump on the electric range once I was done cooking

Mmm....bacon.

I could use some this morning. I woke up to the sound of a dog barking that sounded like it was coming from the utility house and went outside to check....there were not one but two small pitbull mixed dogs in there ....one was standing on top of my washing machine and it looked like a bomb had gone off with clothes and various bags of fertilizer strewn all around :headache: guess I'll be cleaning up all day.

I keep the door ajar so the cats can shelter there when it rains and the dogs probably jumped on the door trying to get out and managed to lock themselves in. I think they are strays that got dumped on our dirt road as it's a common problem here or someone is letting them run free :sad2: They ran off when I opened the door.

Yay for a good night's sleep Charade.

Mac, sorry you're still having sleep problems.

Carole, does Tom hire out? I could use some help cleaning up today.

Lynne, glad you're getting better and like mac I'm grateful we're not getting the white stuff like all of our northern homies.

Time to clean and look for my missing kitty cats.

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:

mac, aside from our AGA we have an electric ceramic hob and a built in double oven/grill.......I can’t cook with gas, I much prefer electric........my mum has gas since moving into her apartment 9 years again after having electric forever and loves gas.......I try when I go up to stay with her, but she’s better with gas........

Vicki, oh my goodness......how scary, they could have gone for you!!! It’s a shame they get dumped like that......

Tom will work for bacon and wine!!!! Least that’s what I tempt him with.......:rolleyes1 he’d be happy to help........

Ok, sunshine gone.........didn’t last long.........

Thanks pattyw

My guess they are doughnuts

........Cookies

Yes- cookies! Made them just for you!!:rolleyes1 They were delicious! (I wish I were talented to make such pretty cookies!)

Ah, little one is already not having school tomorrow. Saying 3 to 5 inches of snow and ice, then rain at night, as warmer in the evening then the whole day. 33 is the high tomorrow.

Kids are arguing, ah better be a quiet house tomorrow. Yeah, right.

Glad to hear got back safe Patty, and yay for such great family time. Back just in time for more snow. I like to share, LOL. Actually, the whole East Coast will be white tomorrow.

Pasta for dinner. Now resting. Glad I can telecommuting.

Ick!! Yep- we're getting freezing rain then snow today. Not enough to close anything here, but will be a slow commute home today:(

No school tomorrow for B either. Dh’s university is opening at 12:00. Not sure when the snow total is supposed to be. Last I heard it was 1-2 inches. I think everyone is more concerned about the sleet and rain.

Freezing rain and ice are just plain scary!!:scared1:

It’s 77 degrees and a beautiful evening with a gentle breeze from the east.

Now that's a pretty picture- love the palm trees!:goodvibes

I tell my husband that he is part cat. The funny thing is his Chinese zodiac is the tiger.

How fitting!:thumbsup2

Remember I have bacon so all
come over early for breakfast in the morning

I'm on my way!!:)

Lynne- that picture looks so nice- only if you're NOT there! Enjoy the snow day!!:)

Happy Wednesday all!!

With thoughts of crisp, hot bacon I'll get back to my coffee and yogurt and go through my mail at work!

Have a great day all!!

1231.cartoon.1.jpg

Well, apparently, DH had no work, but did not stop him from going in. My office, closing in 10 minutes and so glad I am not part of that mass exodus. Snowing here. Kids went out for food, and just heard the salt truck go by. 26 out. I would say that’s cool. Heater working very well. Yay!

Ooh, maybe they are back, heard a car door. Gray looking out.

And I agree, do not mind driving in snow, ice and sleet, and freezing rain. Eek.

I hope pattyw came back with a tan to show off to her co workers

Vicki what a way to waste your day off work by cleaning the house
Jk

Lynne hope you are totally on the path to recovery and not get sick again this winter

Schumi what is your trip countdown number today?

To the newest homies here, don’t forget to check in with us and let us know how you are doing

For the rest of our homies, we miss you when you are not here

I keep the door ajar so the cats can shelter there when it rains and the dogs probably jumped on the door trying to get out and managed to lock themselves in. I think they are strays that got dumped on our dirt road as it's a common problem here or someone is letting them run free :sad2: They ran off when I opened the door.

So nice of you to provide a safe haven for the kitties!:littleangel:

I hope pattyw came back with a tan to show off to her co workers

No tan for me! I stay in the shade now! Don't need to add any more wrinkles from the sun!:laughing: I do have sore feet and legs- happy to be back at my desk! ::yes::

Stay safe Lynne, DH and kids!!

Almost lunch time! This morning went fast! Planning to leave early this afternoon with the bad weather moving in!

16 sleeps Mac.........:) yes, where are some folks.........

Always wonder how some of the other older posters are........St Lawrence for one.......hope he’s doing ok......

Lynne glad you’re at home today......not a fan of driving in weather like that......

Patty, have a safe journey home......sounds treacherous. Enjoy your lunch.......

We’ve had a mix of cloud, then sun, then rain.....now it’s a mix of both.......had a washing out on the line and brought it in as it was dry just before the heavens opened........it was turning a nasty shade of grey, all ironed and put away........

Managed to get a hair appointment for next week.......I’m a week early getting it done for our trip due to the wedding next weekend.......need to be tidy for that.........all other appointment like leg waxing are all done.

Just waiting...........:rolleyes1

Schumi-16 sleeps- Yay:cool1:

Ok- I have to pop back in for a feel good story! I went out to Tim Horton's for a sandwich and latte for lunch. When I drove up to the window to pay, the clerk said that the lady in front of me already paid for me!!:) I was so moved!! I followed her to 2 traffic lights- waving to her along the way to thank her!:flower3: I will certainly pay it forward next time! It truly IS the small things in life that make a BIG difference! That lady made my whole day!!:cloud9:

Sun peeking out today. I don’t know when I’m going to see my lawn again. 37f out today. More snow on the way maybe on Friday. April trip can’t come soon enough! Toasted bagel with Boursin cream cheese for breakfast for me this morning. And coffee of course! Those having bacon, enjoy!

Schumi I like cleaning out the cupboards when Jim goes out! And out of the way. I routinely clear out my drawers twice a year when I switch out summer/winter clothing. But need to tackle that closet floor! Shoes!

Lynne we have all gas heating and hot water in our house too. And gas stove. You’re so right, once gas is in it’s easy to switch everything over. When we moved in 35 yrs ago we were on oil heat and electric water tank. Then gas company was giving out good rebates for people to switch over. So we did. I think the tankless water heater runs on gas? Not sure! It’s been my husbands dream to have limitless hot water living with 3 females who take long showers, lol.

Charade good to hear you’re on the mend and got some sleep! Very exciting time for B!

Schumi you don’t have a furnace for heat? How does that work? We have central gas heating. New furnace has condensing something! Looking forward to tankless hot water will give more room in the utility room. Getting rebates on both from gas company for switching to high efficiency stuff.
What does the Aga run on?
We couldn’t wait to switch to gas stove. We (especially Jim) much prefer it to electric ceramic cook top.
Maybe I’ll make bacon sandwiches for lunch too! Since I didn’t have bacon with breakfast.

Mac, not everywhere here has gas. It finally came to Whistler. My brother in law switched to gas when it came. Electric is so much more expensive. Especially heat.

Tink yikes! So sad when people just dump animals. Calling them people is too good. Maybe kitties need a cat door!
Hope you find them! I used to have 2 kitties, they were inside cats. Too many coyotes here.

Pattyw love the cartoon! Hope you get home before bad weather hits. I do more shade now then I used to. But still enjoy some sun. I always make sure I have sunscreen on when I’m out in the sun these days. I now look for umbrellas at the pool. But I figure the damage is already done. Growing up the most sunscreen in products was probably a 2 or 4! As teens we used to bake on the beach and used baby oil! Or the orange Ban de soleil!

Lynne glad everyone getting out early! I hate driving in the snow. Here it’s wet heavy stuff so becomes very slick when driving. But my town is very good about plowing.

Schumi I already have my pre vacay hair appt booked, lol! A couple of days before I’ll get my pre trip mani pedi!

Furnace isn’t a word we ever use over here........we have a condensing boiler which gives us our hot water and runs our gas central heating system........it’s a fantastic system and our home is like a hot house when the heating is on......but furnace is a strange word for us to use.....usually associated with industry and furnaces.

So our heating and water is run by gas. Wouldn’t have any other system. Gas used to be cheaper many years ago, now it’s just as expensive as electric.

Funny you mention Whistler, our financial adviser is there this week with his family!! I had never heard of it, but we just saw him few weeks ago to keep up to date on things and he said he’d be away skiing for Half Term over here......and when he said Whistler Tom and I both said “where” lol.......

Yes, spring clean of closets is early this year.......not shoes with me, but handbags......I have them carefully bagged up and in their own place, but slowly but surely they get moved around and maybe not placed back carefully on their correct shelves.......I’m a bag person!!!

I’m stuffed after dinner tonight.........Kyle wanted rice and I had made bbq chicken thighs and peppers.......and made too much......and we ate it all!!! It is delicious.....so hard to resist.

Lazy night ahead........managed to get some writing done today for a piece I agreed to do for the University a while back. It had been pushed back to now......only have 10 days left to finish it. I’ll get it done.

Time for a cuppa.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter