Something About Nothing ... #12

Morning all. Have a cleaning bug this am. Need to strike before I recover lol

Taking break with a nice iced tea

We have gas fired boiler of a furnace. Hulking monster. It’s Probably older than me. Each fall we offer up a sacrifice in hopes it will come back to life hehe

Good evening everyone. I ended up only going to work for 3 hours today. We had 3 clients show up for mornig appointments and then cancelations until 4:30. Our missing file key was returned. Our absent minded therapist had put it in his pocket and forgotten about it.

When I came home I had to deal with a bill from our dental office. They sent a 9 page bill that included charges and payments from all 3 of us that went back to 2013. I called and was told that the money owed was an amount applied to our deductible from a procedure dh had back in January, plus the an additional amount for the procedure. Something didn’t seen right, so I analyzed the bill and figured out that they were trying to make us pay the full amount less a small credit we had that I didn’t know about. They are only allowed to charge us for the contracted amount with the insurance company. They must write off the difference between what they charge for the procedure and what the insurance company will allow. I am going to go by the office on riday and try to get it straightened out.

Part of the time I lived in GA we had a gas stove. I think the heat was also gas, but the air conditioning was electric.
That was so long ago I really can’t remember. I eventually ended up living in apartments that were all electric. I haven’t cooked on a gas stove in decades.

This really angers me. I don’t understand why people won’t take animals to a shelter where at least they have a chance of finding a new home.

I love hearing stories like this. I have never been the recipient, but I did once pay for a soldier’s meal at my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Beautiful picture.

I am the very opposite when it comes to handbags. I only own one. I will use the same one until it starts to fall apart and then buy a new one. My mom used to always match her handbag to her shoes.

That would completely freak me out.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

I need to try to get some sleep. I don’t have to get up quite as early tomorrow. B’s school is on a 2 hour delay.

Could be provider is no longer ‘participating’ in ur ins plan.
Mac- on our fall trip we'll get together for a latte (and we'll put some Knob Creek in!! ):thumbsup2

Yuk! The stress with the bill sounds as bad as having the dental work!:(

:laughing: Thanks!! Snow is almost all melted this morning!! Yep- putting the quotes in can be frustrating at times!!:)

:cheer2: Great news!

:wave2: Friday eve sounds so nice!:thumbsup2

It's 37 and cloudy right now! Even though it's been a short work week, I'm ready for the weekend! Major vacation lag here!!::yes::

Have a great day all!!
happy-thrusday15.jpg

U 2 r killing me...

Whiskey is ok in coffee only if topped with scads of whipped cream lol

If u don’t like whipped cream (scandalous imo) Baileys or galliano fit the bill nicely

I'm 33 and still get one from my mom every year.

I have exactly 1 and I only use it half the time. I'm a terrible girly girl. I don't do purses, make up, jewelry, shoes... I'm more of a jeans and tshirt type of girl. Lol.

Woke up to a double surprise: DF home from work after only being there 3 hours, and the news that he got a deer this morning...with the front of my car. :scared: Luckily, he is fine and there's really not much damage. Just kind of an inconvenient fix that needs made, which he thinks he can do himself.

Picked up the stuff to make his birthday cake today and made a yummy breakfast of corned beef hash, sunny side up eggs, and toast. And picked up a couple steaks on mark down for a nice dinner after the kids go to bed.

Heck I do an Easter egg hunt & baskets for all my adult kids & GD. The cash in the eggs is always a big hit lol.

Picked up the stuff to make his birthday cake today and made a yummy breakfast of corned beef hash, sunny side up eggs, and toast. And picked up a couple steaks on mark down for a nice dinner after the kids go to bed.

Sounds great!! Homemade Birthday cake is wonderful!! :thumbsup2

U 2 r killing me...

Whiskey is ok in coffee only if topped with scads of whipped cream lol

If u don’t like whipped cream (scandalous imo) Baileys or galliano fit the bill nicely

:laughing: Can you see us now?? A latte spiked with whiskey and gobs of whipped cream!! Might be just what we need before HHN and the houses! :scratchin

Panera lunch was delish! :) Love their soup! Now to balance out the healthy with a few cookies!

And don’t get me started on purses...

Or shoes...

Or clothes

:)

I like swag

You are my kinda gal!!!! Love handbags......and clothes......shoes I love, they don’t love me......

But..........no alcohol in desserts or coffee :sad2:.........not for me at all.......I know I’m weird that way......lol......

Do love whipped cream on coffee though and hot chocolate.........and desserts........no wonder I’ll never be thin!!!!

Got our London trip booked today........5 nights in June after I come back from NY with my mum........

Got a hotel and had to get 2 rooms as his Lordship Kyle has decided to join us........he hasn’t been as a tourist for a while.......nice family trip will be lovely......

Plan to do the Potter tour too as well as touristy things.........

Almost time for dinner here........Kyle due in soon, then we’ll eat........

When I was a little girl I used to come home from school, turn the TV on to a local station, and watch syndicated episodes of The Monkees. I have been a huge Monkees fan since elementary school. I even got to see them live in concert the summer before Davy Jones died. I just learned that Peter Tork died today. :guilty:

Sounds great!! Homemade Birthday cake is wonderful!! :thumbsup2

:laughing: Can you see us now?? A latte spiked with whiskey and gobs of whipped cream!! Might be just what we need before HHN and the houses! :scratchin

Panera lunch was delish! :) Love their soup! Now to balance out the healthy with a few cookies!

I’ve never been to a Panera Bread before........everyone says they’re lovely........I need to check out the menu as I think Tom would enjoy it if it has sandwiches and things like that........

Oh Keisha, come with us with when we go to KoP mall, shop till ya drop. Little one is an expert in where to park, and what is where. And shooo, keep that cleaning bug away from me. LOL

Mac, hope the xrays show good healing. Not a fan of latte drinks, I like just coffee with cream and sugar, if it's bought. Don't like whip cream in it either. Do like that with hot chocolate, though.

And yep, count me in on still having to find an Easter Basket.

Sounds like a nice birthday for your DF, Tygrlily. Happy Birthday to him.

Yay! For family time in London. Sounds like a nice way to have some family fun with Kyle.

Charade, yep, news popped up on my phone. I definitely remember The Monkeys.

Little one used to always be a Panera fan, but now likes Corner Bakery better. I think the serving size is better at CB. I do like Panera's soups though. And their bread to dip in it.

With that, made a sandwich of ham and cheese on a roll. Fine. Fit the bill, but will be looking for sweets. Was a very lovely walk for lunch, in the full sun, with just a nip in the air. 45 the phone said. Lovely.

I need to google latte before I commit to having one.

Just a fancy coffee! Wouldn't steer you wrong, Mac!:)

nice family trip will be lovely......

Always the best!:thumbsup2

I have been a huge Monkees fan

Love the Monkees! Fond memories of watching when I was a kid!:)

I’ve never been to a Panera Bread before........everyone says they’re lovely........I need to check out the menu as I think Tom would enjoy it if it has sandwiches and things like that........

They have a nice selection of sandwiches, salads, and soups!! And their baked goods are yummy!! Can't just fill up on healthy foods, right?:rolleyes1

With that, made a sandwich of ham and cheese on a roll. Fine. Fit the bill, but will be looking for sweets.

Yep- a little dessert is key to any meal!:)

Patty, apparently I have been to Panera Bread........I went to one in Long Island and my aunt and I had a lobster roll.......it was nice, mum had a soup and really enjoyed it.......but, never been to one in Orlando.

Now I’m craving lobster...........:)

Last edited:
Good morning all. Wow slept in till 9:30! I was up late, couldn’t sleep. And was making travel plans with my travel partner in crime who is joining dd & me at Universal!
Today is DH birthday! Pork roast in the crock pot! I have an afternoon meeting. It will be just us and both daughters. I think for his present I’ll go out and buy him a nice bottle of Port.
Sunny today. 43f this morning, going up to high of 45.
Bacon for breakfast! Yay.

Lynne yay for warmer temps! I’d be the one with water! I’m not much of a pop drinker. Aside from Jamaican ginger ale, love that stuff!
Yes, I’m very happy with the SMSM rate I got. So if I don’t get AP rate, I’ll be fine.

Charade it’s amazing how hard finding that perfect wallet is. So many cards. So I look for one with a lot of slots. The one I have now I found at Costco and it’s RDIF proof! When I want to go light I take the cards I’ll need and put them in a small pouch. I have several from Dooney that zip and one from lesportsac. Perfect for the parks too!
I hope you sort out that dental bill. Something sounds fishy!

ckmiles yes, the hunt for the perfect purse is real! Lol.

Mac hope the xrays are good. Lattes are great! I think you’re the first person I’ve heard of (aside from my DH) that never had one :faint:

Pattyw gotta ask, what is knob Creek?

Tygerlilly glad to hear I’m not the only one who still does Easter baskets for adult daughters! Lol.
Scary about hitting the deer. Once we were driving to a friends place and a few cars ahead of us hit a deer. It was so disturbing. My daughter was driving up country maybe a 4 hr drive from home and a deer hit her! It was rutting season and the deer came out of the woods onto the road and broadsided her car.

Keishashadow too funny! Sacrifice to the furnace! Another that does Easter egg hunts and baskets for her adult kids.
Baileys and coffee is lovely!
Swag is always good! ::yes::

Schumi NY & London! Great trip! Potter tour sounds fun! Dinner time, lol, I just finished breakfast. And I better get moving. Need to go get DH a bottle of some nice Port for his Birthday today. Then have to get to ACW meeting at 1:30. I’ve been talked into being the secretary. Oh well, meetings only once a month and I’m job sharing haha.
I’ve had Panara in S. Fla. There’s one near our hotel by the beach. It’s good.

Happy Birthday to your DH..........Port is always a nice gift.....we always have a few bottles rumbling around.....my sister always get Tom the same one every year.......he doesn’t drink it that often but it’s nice to have in the house.....

Knob Creek is a Bourbon whiskey.........good in cocktails for us.......

Yes, time difference is so funny........

Good afternoon Sans family :wave2:

Happy Birthday To Sues hubby

80D301BE-181D-41EA-8E82-90A1100EBF80.gif

Had nice lunch out with friends yesterday. One of our friends got married over Christmas and we took her out to lunch by the ocean to have a celebration. We had a great time and she was happy with her gifts.

The weather here has been unbelievablely warm. It’s been in the upper 80’s for quite a few days. Typically it is in the mid 70’s. Not complaining I will take the 80’s with sunshine.

Nephew from Atlanta is coming to visit for a few days. He will be here this afternoon about 4. I got up this morning early and got the guest bedroom and bathroom ready. I baked cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow, brownies, made tuna fish salad, strawberry daiquiris are in the freezer and a meatloaf for dinner tonight. He is a bachelor so I try to make sure he gets some good meals while he is here.

Got the UOP email today about the new Potter coaster. Cool that it is based on Hagrids motorcycle.

Nice! A palm tree makes any pic look better. View in my neck of the woods a bit different. Things looked rather ominous to me, was waiting for a ghoul to pop out behind a tree.

Cool spooky supermoon picture.

I`ve always loved handbags and I`m lucky to have beautiful ones and really look after them.

Will admit I have a tad of a weakness for nice handbags too.

Woke up to a double surprise: DF home from work after only being there 3 hours, and the news that he got a deer this morning...with the front of my car. :scared: Luckily, he is fine and there's really not much damage. Just kind of an inconvenient fix that needs made, which he thinks he can do himself.

Tygerlilly glad to her your husband is alright. Those deer dart out pretty fast and it’s hard to miss them sometimes.

The cash in the eggs is always a big hit lol.

I have been putting money in the Easter eggs for the kiddos for years too......your right it is a big hit for sure.......they enjoy the hunt more knowing there is cash to be found.

Hope your hand is healing well.

Schumi your countdown is getting closer....it’s really nice how Universal is doing lots of new offerings for food for Mardi Gras this year....I might try some of the offerings when I go up at the end of the month....Hubby and I did not try any of the food last year.

:wave2: Mac, Lynne, monyk, Tink, Pattyw, bobbie68, charade, ckmiles and all the Sans family.

Yeah, ask DH about a deer. Over $5,000 damage to his truck. That one smacked into his front driver side, bounced over the hood, and kept on going. Glad it missed the windshield. But almost whole side and hood had to be replaced. That was a fun sight when he had come home early one morning. I was like, what the hell happened to you. Was without his truck for a couple of weeks. Me, I get very nervous, but having lived and went to school where there are deer, I am always very nervous in some places near dusk and dawn. Glad DD is okay, Sue.

Robo, always such a nice grand mom and aunt. Yum, I like cinnamon buns.

Had to open the car window. 53 out. I think we all are ready for some nice weather. That, and amazing what 24 hours does.

Yeah, ask DH about a deer. Over $5,000 damage to his truck. That one smacked into his front driver side, bounced over the hood, and kept on going. Glad it missed the windshield. But almost whole side and hood had to be replaced. That was a fun sight when he had come home early one morning. I was like, what the hell happened to you. Was without his truck for a couple of weeks. Me, I get very nervous, but having lived and went to school where there are deer, I am always very nervous in some places near dusk and dawn. Glad DD is okay, Sue.

My best friend got one just last week and it actually totaled out her van! She was doing 60mph when she hit it and it hit so hard it broke the motor mount and smashed in the whole front drivers side.

Happy Birthday to your DH..........Port is always a nice gift.....we always have a few bottles rumbling around.....my sister always get Tom the same one every year.......he doesn’t drink it that often but it’s nice to have in the house.....

Knob Creek is a Bourbon whiskey.........good in cocktails for us.......

Yes, time difference is so funny........
Yes, we like a nice Port after a special meal. Ah! No wonder I don’t know what it was. I don’t drink Bourbon much.

I just got an email about the new HP rollercoaster. Unfortunately it won’t be opening until June.
I saw the Dis announcement, so disappointed I’ll miss it. We go home May 9.

Good afternoon Sans family :wave2:

Happy Birthday To Sues hubby

View attachment 383928

Had nice lunch out with friends yesterday. One of our friends got married over Christmas and we took her out to lunch by the ocean to have a celebration. We had a great time and she was happy with her gifts.

The weather here has been unbelievablely warm. It’s been in the upper 80’s for quite a few days. Typically it is in the mid 70’s. Not complaining I will take the 80’s with sunshine.
Thank you for the birthday wishes! I have his fav in the crock pot, pork roast, and we’ll have mashed potatoes, carrots with maple syrup glaze and salad. Went to bakery for a cake.
Lunch by the ocean sounds wonderful. I can’t wait till it warms up here.

My best friend got one just last week and it actually totaled out her van! She was doing 60mph when she hit it and it hit so hard it broke the motor mount and smashed in the whole front drivers side.
Yikes! Hope she’s ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter