Something About Nothing ... #12

Enjoy you enjoy your meal out Mac........nice thing to do on a holiday........I kinda wasted a bit of the day too.....but it’s nice........hope the foot is improving........

Last edited:
Yea me too
I’m in a rush to have the pain go away
I’m ok in the walking boot but when I take it off in the evening, owie time

I’m at day three now and know I’ll be much better by the weekend

Mr Mac does a much better job cleaning the house than I do

That is what I tell him and it makes him eager to clean every day
Lol

Lol......Tom is a real whizz with the vacuum, especially since we got this new cordless one......no stopping him! And it makes a fabulous job of what carpets we have......I know what you mean bait wanting the pain to go quickly......make sure you take some pain relief and rest it........

Although did give my husband into trouble today......he cleared out the kitchen cabinet I keep most of my spices and dried stuff in.......I was looking for the pot of saffron tonight.........he said he put it out in the trash as there was only a few little sorry strands left!!!

I actually couldn`t speak and just stared at him in wonderment...........told him he needs a hobby.....time to go help the gardener........cold or not outside!!!

Last edited:
Good afternoon everyone. Nothing interesting going on here today. The most exciting thing I did today was getting the oil changed in my car.

I am getting a fast and hard lesson about college tuition and finances. This is our first one so it is an eye opener.
I’m in sticker shock and B gets free tuition. We want her to live on campus to get the full college experience. She also needs the independence. I am surprised at how much room and board cost.

And a surprise to hear coming from my other half, he randomly said he wants to take the girls back to Orlando next spring, so now I get to plan a fun 11 days in Orlando doing Disney, Universal, and Sea World!
He’s a keeper.

To all Sans family and fellow Astronomy folk....a supermoon is going to occur on Tuesday night......it will be the biggest full moon of the year......Looking forward to a lovely clear night to see it....actually it will be hard not to see if unobstructed by significant cloud cover.
I would love to be able to see this, but I think it will be too cloudy here. We are expecting bad weather Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.

Slow Sunday for me! Went to church and afterwards there was the annual vestry meeting. Came home and had afternoon nap! I should have gone out for a walk while the sun was shining! But nap won. Which is probably the reason I can’t sleep now!
This is me. I take a nice nap on Sunday afternoons and then can’t sell come bedtime.

Thankfully today is a holiday. I am hoping to go to work tomorrow. I may just need another sick day though. And ooh, another nice moon on Tuesday. Thanks for the heads up Robo. But pretty sure no moon to see here.

I think we will have lots of cloud cover, as more than a few inches of snow coming on Wednesday before icing up, then raining. Seems to be a pattern for us, cold days, then snow, as a day that starts cold with snow, stays around freezing all day, with ice and freezing rain, then temps rise above freezing as the night enfolds. Then we will see 50’s and more rain to end the week.
No holiday for me. I think we are going to be getting the same weather pattern that you are. Hope you are feeling well enough to return to work tomorrow.

Almost time to take B to dance class then need to start thinking about supper.

Charade

We are due a heavy rain and won’t get the red moon view either

Hope Robo takes pictures of it and shares with us

Hey all, checking in, shaken not stirred. I may do a countdown ticker for :stitch2:removal day. First time i’ve Had issues with them. Not crazy with how hand is healing. One of my DS made mistake of saying the elderly heal slower. I chalked it up to fact he’s a dude, talks before he thinks, and let him continue to keep breathing

Enjoy that shower Keisha........it’ll feel marvellous!!! No hurricanes here tonight.......we decided to have wine......

Sue, enjoy the curry......mine has been simmering all day in the AGA........the aroma is marvellous!! I think I might have added a lot of chilli as Tom wandered through and when he came back through this side of the house, he said he had the chilli cough when he walked into the kitchen!!! Oops.......love it though!

Shame your weather still sucks.......when does it begin to pick up? I’ve managed to get 3 loads washed, dried, ironed where necessary and put past.....love when laundry gets done like that........

My nephew is in Orlando right now and enjoyed Mardi Gras last night.......said it was really good!! This is their first time at MG at Universal.......they’re staying at Portofino for a week before heading back to Gaylord Palms.....think that’s their favourite hotel......he sent me some beautiful pictures of the floats and some are incredibly impressive this year!!! His photographs are excellent........

And they had the Bayou Boil.....said it was beautiful........And they bought one of the tasting lanyards on offer this year....said it was worth the cost.......think we might do that Bayou Boil........::yes::

Off to check on my curry........I did try to make naan breads.......didn’t work out. So, will make rice and we have some shop bought poppadoms with three different pickles............:thumbsup2

Dreaming of a bubble bath, will file it under ‘you can’t always get what you want

Gaylord palms on my bucket list for a few days, pref the Florida bayou building. Just hate to switch hotels 3 X in one trip.

The moon is supposed to be at it’s peak here @ 4:40 pm. I’m on the road still at that time in the morning. I do enjoy the drive into town during the regular full moons, especial the ‘harvest’ one this year. My route affords me a great view out front windshield most of the drive. Why am I thinking there will likely be more than a few idiots with their heads hanging out the car window. Futilely, trying to get a look while they are driving the opposite direction? Eek

I hope to read all in the thread and catch up today

Had an incident happen Thursday afternoon and thought I could deal with it
Unable to sleep last night so up at 5:30 and off for emergency care

Broke bones in the foot for the second time but these breaks were in other places

3 weeks with the walking boot and all should be good again
I’m sure a few days from now, I’ll be
pain free
I’ve been down this road before
Lol

Long & winding road it seems, yikes. Were you able to at least recycle the old boot? :).

stay off it for at least a few days, get some chocolates and settle in to binge watch law & order

Ack, MonyK, weather and sick kid.

Still not feeling as good as I should be. Did eat some for lunch, so slowly getting my appetite back. Most food and their smell, just made me feel icky. If I cannot clear my lungs and take the soreness out of my throat in a few more days, will call the doctor. Do not think it is a flu strain, but a very nasty chest and head cold.

Went dress shopping, with apparently twenty million other senior girls that had the same idea, so was a grab for dresses and walk to other side of store to try on. Left with nothing. But I think she was happy to see dresses had not seen before. Still eyeing those red soled shoes. Um, not any time soon.

Ckmiles, so glad to see ya post, and very sorry to hear of all. Do not feel bad in the least for not posting until you could.

Mac, oh no. Hope your foot gets better quick. No more jumping over those cats. LOL

Resting now. Was a very sun filled day so far, though almost take your breath away cold.

Enjoy your Saturday night all.

Please tell me HS girls aren’t wearing ‘real’ louboutins. eBay probably has plenty of knockoffs.

I had my choice of dog sitting or heading to Phillie on Thursday for GD gymnastic competition. Even though I’m allergic to their pet, just can’t bring myself to sitting 8+ hours each way on a stinky, old train.

Charade-we just rewatched Infinity Wars-I've only seen it once in theaters. It's so sad to me. Looking forward to Part 2 and Captain Marvel. Think we may go see the new Into the spiderverse tomorrow. Also rewatched Incredibles 2. Black Panther is my favorite one so far - an apparently my son's: we were comparing how often we'd rewatched-that is his go-to movie when he is 'bored'.

So lazy day- took a nap this afternoon-then up and bored and decided to clean the house, start laundry and change sheets on beds (well mine anyway). will get rest of laundry done tomorrow. DH went out tonight to see one of our favorite tribute bands (Paul simon). I am staying in as I am don't want to "people" right now-will have my fill next weekend. Not an introvert, but definitely not the extrovert that hubs is-he could have a party around him all the time and be content.

And the band comp schedule for next fall is posted! And I think we are adding a day onto our HHN trip (so addicting!). Need to call tomorrow and add a night. And then figure out flights-not sure if I should book now or wait until Frontier schedule comes out-even though we will need to drive a couple hours...

Warmed up enough to melt most ice-that then pooled in areas-the hens area is nothing but plane of ice-I have straw down for them and that is the only thing that has enough traction to keep me from slipping. The girls weren't happy with the conditions today so stayed in coop most of day.

Snacking for dinner. Will cook tomorrow, but gotta eat the leftovers!

I was ridiculously angry after viewing IW the first time. Recently, it popped up on netflix, cannot believe I still was upset at ending. They better clean up the mess they made! Not feeling Capt Marvel, hope to be surprised. Missed BP @ the theaters too. Curious to see what all the fuss is about.

I’m leaving the light on in case charade can’t sleep and comes back to post

Would not want her to trip in the dark here

Totally OT but your post reminded me of the old “are you afraid of the dark” show...

Just heard that goosebumps series is getting revamped with the old series getting an encore showing.

I remember being thrilled when the scholastic books came out. Didn’t have to bop my DS over the head to do their required reading for school :). Passed on the box-fulls I saved to GD to read. They pass for classics in my house :)

Bobbie, yeah, little one is round 2, so shocking costs are getting more used to. Older one is at our local community college, so his costs are decent. The state funded university that little one most likely is saying yes to, we just got the 2 semester bill, oh my. Good think we have socked away for this very day. And she wants med school too. We will deal with that when need. Belated birthday wishes. Glad you had a good one. I am sorry, am late. This flu or cold or infection has left me so tired, all I do is rest. I think I feel better, but then as I walk around, headache starts and feel better only after laying down again. And my appetite has not been the best either.

Thinking some peanut butter and banana for lunch, to give me some protein and some potassium. Had some eggs and bacon for breakfast, but could not eat much.

Patty, enjoying seeing those pictures. Very happy your weather is perfect and perfect family time.

With that, need to rest some more. Ugh

What bothered me re university costs was that in many instances the room (not even factoring in the board/meal plan) in the fancier dorms was more than tuition. I insisted jr bunk his first 2 years in the honor college he attended within the university’s private dorm. Let’s just saw it was an, ahem, historical building :). I.E. cheapest on campus. He did get an apartment the last two years with his buds, a whole ‘nuther story there haha.

Thanks for the heads up

Made a note to myself to check it out

Hope we don’t get rain Tuesday night

We could send snow :)

Supposed to work it’s way up to us by mid am Wednesday.

I liked tonight’s episode of WD

Well written & acted!

Yep, that is what little one said, more closet room, more stuff. Sounds busy enough Schumi.

Sue, brr. All I have to say. Hope you warm up too, soon.

Little one finally picked out a nice, cheap desk to replace the very beaten up one she had. She even put it together herself. Me, in bed all day. Upset tummy did not help.

Thankfully today is a holiday. I am hoping to go to work tomorrow. I may just need another sick day though. And ooh, another nice moon on Tuesday. Thanks for the heads up Robo. But pretty sure no moon to see here.

I think we will have lots of cloud cover, as more than a few inches of snow coming on Wednesday before icing up, then raining. Seems to be a pattern for us, cold days, then snow, as a day that starts cold with snow, stays around freezing all day, with ice and freezing rain, then temps rise above freezing as the night enfolds. Then we will see 50’s and more rain to end the week.

Time for a shower. Here is hoping I feel better without having to lay down.

Later homies.

Isn’t it great to Have the bursts of warm weather to melt the white stuff?

Never thought I could sleep so much in my life. Pamper? Not really. Kids and DH do their own thing, and let me sleep. Though DH has no issue waking me up to ask. What? Like I know what has been happening these last 4 days. Good thing is, little one did grocery shop for me, so have food to eat, just need my appetite back. After breakfast, fell back asleep, then had some lunch around 3. Now just resting some more. Kids are going to a concert tonight, so quiet night. Surprised it is on a Monday night. They have their tickets and train tickets ready, so they are ready. Good thing, overcast night, but dry and above freezing. Concert is inside though.

Hope all are enjoying a holiday Monday.

Family probably hoping you don’t breath on them. A long bout of the sickies for you, hope it breaks soon

Yea me too
I’m in a rush to have the pain go away
I’m ok in the walking boot but when I take it off in the evening, owie time

I’m at day three now and know I’ll be much better by the weekend

Mr Mac does a much better job cleaning the house than I do

That is what I tell him and it makes him eager to clean every day
Lol

They say it takes a good 5 - 7 days for the pain to subside. Hoping you have some better living thru chemistry.

Are you supposed to take it off at night? Thought only when showering. Surprised they didn’t give u a night splint to use but what do i know.

Ugh listening to training on one companies assisted living's. thinking I may drop them. They haven't really updated how long consults take -like I take 1/2 of the time since they switched to electronic charting-you'd think they'd be pleased at less billing...especially with 24 residents-it doesn't take me 4 hours anymore. More like 2-2.5. And I guess some consultants weren't using all the forms available in the Echart and were still writing stuff out-well yeah-cut my time in half by utilizing the eforms!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Went to see Into the Spiderverse last night, pretty good movie. boy got himself grounded for being disrespectful, has to earn his electronics back. Came home today to list of chores done though. Back to school tomorrow for everyone.
We are probably going to get snow her tomorrow night too.
saffron tonight.........he said he put it out in the trash as there was only a few little sorry strands left!!!
:scared1: o_O Yeah hubs knows to not mess with my spices, especially after messing with my bookshelves a few months ago.

One of my DS made mistake of saying the elderly heal slower. I chalked it up to fact he’s a dude, talks before he thinks, and let him continue to keep breathing
Yes boys often have no filter.

Hey rest of peeps!! Hope that which is ailing you heals quick!

Hey Keisha, yep, real, and yes, there are some very very well to do kids that you too would be shocked at what is worn at school. Umm, no way are we the jones nor want to be one. Have to remind her of that sometimes. Though I will say, when shopping at the discount stores, little one is very good at spying a label, that depending on that price, may be a great buy I am willing to do.

Feeling much better, thankfully. Never want to feel like that again. I like being able to come and go as I please. Being inside, in bed, for almost 5 whole days, really made me wish for normal.

Just chilling. Wishing pain free to Mac and Keisha.

Lynne
Good to read you feel human again

Guess this means you will be back to cooking dinner tomorrow

Just reread this page of our thread

Missed telling Janet she made the best choice

Watch the pet wins the coin toss for me
Better to deal with allergy than to have that long train ride

Can’t believe everyone is sacked out this early.....

Haven’t seen Vicki here tonight
I hope her tarp on the house is effective

It’s monsoon week for my part of Georgia
and she is not that far from me

Been raining for days and Tuesday evening it gets worse

Schumi

If you put something fun in his shed like a tv, he won’t help clean out your spice cabinet

lol......he`s got electricity in there.....so wouldn't be surprised....::yes::

Hey all, checking in, shaken not stirred. I may do a countdown ticker for :stitch2:removal day. First time i’ve Had issues with them. Not crazy with how hand is healing. One of my DS made mistake of saying the elderly heal slower. I chalked it up to fact he’s a dude, talks before he thinks, and let him continue to keep breathing

Dreaming of a bubble bath, will file it under ‘you can’t always get what you want

Gaylord palms on my bucket list for a few days, pref the Florida bayou building. Just hate to switch hotels 3 X in one trip.

The moon is supposed to be at it’s peak here @ 4:40 pm. I’m on the road still at that time in the morning. I do enjoy the drive into town during the regular full moons, especial the ‘harvest’ one this year. My route affords me a great view out front windshield most of the drive. Why am I thinking there will likely be more than a few idiots with their heads hanging out the car window. Futilely, trying to get a look while they are driving the opposite direction? Eek

I had my choice of dog sitting or heading to Phillie on Thursday for GD gymnastic competition. Even though I’m allergic to their pet, just can’t bring myself to sitting 8+ hours each way on a stinky, old train.

Oh no....thought your hand was healing nicely!!! Keep the cream going and keep an eye on it.....of course you know that!!!!! lol...…..

Glad your DS is still breathing...….:laughing: boys!!! Although one of my best friends daughter is the most insensitive and totally blunt people I ever met.....she is brutal...…..:scared1:

Gaylord Palms, we once went for the afternoon......it`s a nice place, but I wasn't blown away by it....don't think I`d stay there. They love it.....

Looking forward to Full Moon tonight......although technically full at 3.53pm today.....it looked amazing when I got up this morning!!!

Yes, I`d go for pet sitting too...….that's a long train journey!!!!

Ugh listening to training on one companies assisted living's. thinking I may drop them. They haven't really updated how long consults take -like I take 1/2 of the time since they switched to electronic charting-you'd think they'd be pleased at less billing...especially with 24 residents-it doesn't take me 4 hours anymore. More like 2-2.5. And I guess some consultants weren't using all the forms available in the Echart and were still writing stuff out-well yeah-cut my time in half by utilizing the eforms!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Went to see Into the Spiderverse last night, pretty good movie. boy got himself grounded for being disrespectful, has to earn his electronics back. Came home today to list of chores done though. Back to school tomorrow for everyone.
We are probably going to get snow her tomorrow night too.
:scared1: o_O Yeah hubs knows to not mess with my spices, especially after messing with my bookshelves a few months ago.

Yes boys often have no filter.

Hey rest of peeps!! Hope that which is ailing you heals quick!

lol......oh he knows better than to touch my books!!! I think he thought he was doing a good thing clearing out that cabinet....I had mentioned earlier I chucked one out that was out of date......but it was one!!! Just one...think he imagined all sorts of out of date stuff lurking in there!!

Oh training courses and listening to someone droning on about stuff I already knew was one of the worst things about my job way back then.....yep, time management is a skill...

Not more snow!!!! We`re all ready for Spring I think...….

Just reread this page of our thread

Missed telling Janet she made the best choice

Watch the pet wins the coin toss for me
Better to deal with allergy than to have that long train ride

Can’t believe everyone is sacked out this early.....

Haven’t seen Vicki here tonight
I hope her tarp on the house is effective

It’s monsoon week for my part of Georgia
and she is not that far from me

Been raining for days and Tuesday evening it gets worse

Very early night for us last night...….think there was something in the air, even Kyle said he was shattered.....ready for better weather!!!

Yes, hope Vicki is doing ok...……..

Up extra early this morning......woke up at 5.30 and just couldn't fall over...…..

Electrician will be here just before 8 as he has a job in our village and will pop in here first...….will have breakfast after he has been......might need a cuppa after his estimate lol...……

Have a great Tuesday.....………...

Last edited:
I’m glad Schumi posted a pic of the blood moon

It won’t be visible here for me due to clouds and heavy rain so glad she shared her pic

Maybe more like a HHN blood moon picture.......lol.......

We should be able to see it look rather huge once it gets dark.......that’ll be full enough for me....

Think our skies will be clear as heck tonight.....hopefully.......

Hope you get back to sleep soon.....and hope cat didn’t hurt your foot too much!! Ouch.....

Gave in and had breakfast before electrician appears.....I was hungry :D

Now I know by 10.30 I’m going to be looking for a snack!!

Never did go back to sleep and still reading along

I kept a schedule like this when my boys were littles
Damn I hated those years with little sleep
Lol

Looks like charade conked out as she has not posted again
She needs to tell me her secret how she can fall back asleep again

Schumi, did your breakfast include bacon?

You know bacon is the food for all homies.....I’ll do a grocery run soon as we are out of bacon at home

Walmart is open at this time of the early morning
Ours is a 24-7 place

So all the homies come on over to my house for an early breakfast
Schumi this can be your 10:30 snack!

Bacon? OOH, I'll take some Mac.

Yep, back to routine today. Had to motor through a headache starting, and still have an annoying cough, but at least I am feeling more normal, and yeah, normal is good. I also, started feeling too hot, so no tea today, only cold water. For once, it's almost too hot in here. Oh well. I may take a few hours this afternoon, but maybe not. Have to see how I feel.

images
- yep, super snow moon to be seen today. Us, nope. Lots of clouds, but a very cold start. 26 said the car.

Thought the house felt too cold, checked, some one turned off the heater. Little one? Thought it was too warm, and did not know how to turn thermostat down, so turned off. A lovely 55 was spied this morning, so the heater got turned on. Set it for 64, and showed how to change the temp. Here's hoping it's warmer than 55 when I do get home.

But, while Mac may be doing a Walmart run for bacon, she can stop at the Taco Bell, for lunch. That's right, taco Tuesday is here.
good-morning-tuesday-meme.jpg

With that, need some more water, and trying to feel normal. Later homies. Hope all had a good night's sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter