some more Info on pirates resort, maybe...

Disney Vacation Club Resort - Disney's timeshares. Animal Kingdom is the most recent incarnation, just starting in on the pre-sales and hype.

Oh, thats cool. Is this time share going to be connected to AKL? Like an add on? I always wanted to look into the Disney Vacation Club thing, to see if its worth it, esp for me, who would love to go every year, but only goes every other year.

yeah sorry AKL forever not AKL Lover. The resort is in the planning/building phase. Some of the Conceriege rooms in the actual AKL are being turned into DVC rooms now. but in the next couple of yers there will be a brand new 22 acre faciltiy adjacent to the AKL used exclusively for DVC

I think my family was one of few that was not thrilled with CBR. We actually preferred the value resorts. BUT, if they go with pirate theming... We're in!!!

the worlds largest contained filtered water environment

It would seem more likely to me that WDW was finally going to compete with Discovery cove. Think about it. Discovery Cove already has one of the largest water areas with Atlantis in the Bahamas having the largest I am aware of. :sail:

There actually is a strong rumor involving a Disney project and a large body of swimming-pool quality water, but it is at Disney's California Adventure in Anaheim, not at WDW. Disney is apparently developing a new "World of Color" nighttime spectacular for Paradise Bay, rumored to be using the Waltzing Waters company to design the display. On the Waltzing Waters website (www.waltzingwaters.com) they mention that treated water is necessary to keep maintenance down, and that they usually install the show in a pool. I know the contractor friend is in Florida, but this is going to be a pretty large project, and I can imagine a large pool contractor in Florida bidding for a piece of it.

AKLforever- you've got to take them out to dinner again, so we can get the full scoop, whatever it is!

I thought I read somewhere that the Caribbean Beach Resort's main pool will be down for an extended rehab sometime in 2008, could be part of this rumor.

I would squidmo, but hes going to be on this project for a long time, with no brakes for at least a year. It will even be hard to get him on the phone. Even so, I cant get him tipsy over the phone, hehe. But im doing other research and im finding some really cool things about a company that builds old world ships having some huge contract, but other then that, theres no connection between disney and them. Im going to dig some more and see what I cant find. I want to look into all the companies that do this sort of work to see if any of them might slip up and let me know something. I have my ways when it comes to disney, they cant keep things from me for too long. If only I was like this with ufo's? :teleport:

So this would be a cool resort
Couldnt this also be added to a part of the Carribean resort?

If it is true I hope your friend doesn't get fired for discussing secrets.

:rotfl2:
Sounds like that episode of Seinfeld where he got this new girl friend of his drunk so that she would pass out, and then he could play with the collectible toys she had on the shelf in her living room.......:goodvibes

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

loved that episode

but soup nazi prevails alll:love: :love: :love:

This is the second time I have read this post since March, but I still think you're jumping the gone here. Couldn't it just be a pool for the AKL DVC or CR DVC?

That's how I feel after I pay for my DL annual pass, or a room at a Disney Hotel.

Question? Is it wrong to sit poolside at a Disney Pirate Hotel pool and say things like "we want the redhead" or "show them your starboard side"?:confused3

Question? Is it wrong to sit poolside at a Disney Pirate Hotel pool and say things like "we want the redhead" or "show them your starboard side"?:confused3

I invoked the right of Parlet (sent down by the pirates Bartholomew and Morgan) at Pleasure Island and all it got me was tossed out on me ear, savvy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter