Some ideas on gifts for teacher school nurse

luvestodizz

Mouseketeer
I need some ideas on Christmas gift for my DS's teacher and school nurse.He had leg surgery and was in a cast.His teacher and the nurse have been so helpful I want to show our appreciation. So far I've come up with a cookie basket. Any other ideas?

Gift cards! Teachers spend so much of their own money on school supplies etc. My best friend is a teacher and she usually gets a lot of candles & mugs with apples on them. :) She loves homemade cards, she saves them all. Maybe some Dis teachers can chime in with that they like to get.

I found a great craft website that had ideas for homemade gifts. I am thinking DS and I will make his teacher and aide a homemade ornament and then include a card to Target and a card to Starbucks.

I found a great craft website that had ideas for homemade gifts. I am thinking DS and I will make his teacher and aide a homemade ornament and then include a card to Target and a card to Starbucks.

One year I had to pick up something at the home of our DD's 2nd grade teacher (we were on a church committee together). She had 3 FULL TREES of Christmas Ornaments from students. While she liked them she said that she had boxes of them and would rotate which ones got put out each year.

Skip the ornament--yes, I know it is the thought that counts but after many years of teaching, most teachers could open an ornament store.

No food. I know most teachers do not want food.
This is true. But nurses actually love food. (Strange, I know.)

Thank you for remembering the nurse. I always give something to the nurse as well (holidays and end of year).

Last year ours did a lot for my kids when they were sick. I brought her a big bag of Ghiardellis and she loved them.

I kind of think it's less about what you get than the thought behind it. A gift card is always nice. But you'll never get complete agreement here (someone always doesn't like something) so pick something you think will work and go for it. You could also ask someone at school who knows her what she likes (like maybe she comes to work every day with a Starbucks or something like that). Good luck.

My neighbor is an elementary school teacher. I love Christmas and teh end of the school year when SHE gets all her gifts....because I get half of them. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I get the lotions, candles, bad candy. She' s been a teacher for over 30 years and has all the candles and lotion one can handle.

So.....I'm thinking gift cards are the way to go.

I kind of think it's less about what you get than the thought behind it. A gift card is always nice. But you'll never get complete agreement here (someone always doesn't like something) so pick something you think will work and go for it. You could also ask someone at school who knows her what she likes (like maybe she comes to work every day with a Starbucks or something like that). Good luck.

Who here does not love Target?! :eek:

This is true. But nurses actually love food. (Strange, I know.)

:rotfl: Right there with you. I'm a school nurse and I love to get homemade cookies,banana bread, candies. I also like flowers, a free lunch(!), and letters from children. My desk faces a wall which I decorate with cards, letters, and pictures drawn by my students. It just lightens my heart every day.

ETA: I don't like Starbucks, so if I get a GC for that I just give it to my DD17. She thinks Starbucks is the SEcond Coming.

I agree with the "no food" - it is just awkward for the teacher to have a delicious basket of cookies sitting in front of their students all day.

I would suggest for the teacher, a gift card/certificate for a nice restaurant and a gift card to an office supply store. My mom was a teacher and the two best things you can do is make them stop and do something nice for themselves (dinner out) and to help them do something for their classroom (office supply store).

For the school nurse, I would suggest a restaurant certificate, too.

They might not sound like much, but when you spend all day working and then have to write lesson plans, grade homework, etc., it is very easy to neglect doing things for yourself.

If you think they would be into it, a spa certificate would be nice, too.

My neighbor is an elementary school teacher. I love Christmas and teh end of the school year when SHE gets all her gifts....because I get half of them. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I get the lotions, candles, bad candy. She' s been a teacher for over 30 years and has all the candles and lotion one can handle.

So.....I'm thinking gift cards are the way to go.

1st grade teacher chiming in. :goodvibes

My friends don't even want anymore of that kind of "stuff" that I get. I've been teaching & passing that stuff on for 20 years & I guess they've all had enough of it too. :rotfl:

It all just goes straight into the pile for my next yard sale.

I would skip the ornament entirely & just go with the gift card. (No size is too small). :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter