SOLO travelers: what type of room do you usually get put in?

My last solo was at POR. They put me in a king with a great view (and I hadn't requested a king).

When I stayed solo at SSR and BWV two years ago, during Registration I was asked if I had a preference.

Most of the resorts have very few king beds so I presume that they tend to reserve them for couples or singles. DH and I have had a king bed twice out of the 7 or so times we've been even without asking for one.

When I book the room, it says whether it has two beds, a king bed, bunk beds, etc. so I thought all of this was known beforehand. I prefer two beds, so I wouldn't appreciate being assigned a king bed if I didn't book that room type.

When I book the room, it says whether it has two beds, a king bed, bunk beds, etc. so I thought all of this was known beforehand. I prefer two beds, so I wouldn't appreciate being assigned a king bed if I didn't book that room type.

you've only stayed in mods. ]
i'm staying in a value and they don't let you choose.

I have traveled solo several times. I like getting two beds. If I go back to the room during the day for a nap I use one bed.
Then at night I use the other clean bed after I have taken my shower.

2 double beds or 1 king bed?

i'm going solo in april and i'm just curious as to whether disney tries to put solo travelers in a room with 1 king size bed since they will not need 2 beds or do they not care that you will only need one bed and put you in a room with two beds anyways?

i'm sure there are not too many rooms that only have one bed as they expect mostly families so i'm expecting that i will be put in a room with two beds.

i just wanted to know what other solo travelers have experienced.

btw i'm staying at POP.
and i requested the 50's section so obviously that also limits the chance of getting a king bed since i'm limiting disney's options of where to put me in the resort.

I always get put in a double bed room. I'd love a king bed, though. I've made requests for a king bed room but still end up in a double.

On my solo trip to Pop Century in September, I specifically asked for ground floor, king bed, 50s section. When I got to check-in, I had been assigned ground floor, 2 double beds, 50s section. I explained that with my ECV, a king bed was rather quite preferable, as it would give me tad bit more room to get the ECV in for the night to park it, and then back out the next morning. She made a phone call, then went into their back office for a moment, and came back with approval to move me to a room that was ground floor, king bed, 50s section. It was perfect, and totally worth the wait. :thumbsup2

On prior trips as part of a couple, at both ASMu and AKL, we were able to get the check-in CM to move us to a king bed room, also.

I never expect it, but I do ask. Can't hurt, right? :cutie:

On my upcoming trip, I'm booked in a Garden View at POFQ, as I didn't want to spring for the King Bed room. I've requested a corner though, so fingers crossed! :goodvibes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter