so who has filed their taxes already?

so how long does it take to process a return (usually)? i filed on the 15th, and wmr still says it's being processed. is this normal??

My company takes forever to provide me a W2 each year... you'd think with our pay being automated it wouldn't be too hard to pull the 5 or 6 numbers and print one out :rolleyes:

I thought there was some new law (passed a few years ago) that companies have to provide people with their tax forms no later than January 30th???? I remember in the "old days" when you wouldn't get your W2s sometimes until late Feb or March. I think people got sick of that and that's why they made the new law or guideline. I know my company has our W2s to us by the 2nd Friday in January.

Thankfully I'm still receiving my retirement benefits and checks so I don't have to mess with all the stress of tax season!!!

We filed on Mon. the 23rd and IRS says its processing and should be direct deposited on Feb 7th also. Looks like there telling everyone the same date.

Filed 01/25 - return accepted 01/25 at 11:40 before the cut off at noon. All charts show I should get refund by 02/01. The IRS (where is my refund) is now showing 02/14. I wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't planned to use the money to buy tickets to a hockey game for my son's 10th birthday on 02/08. Oh well that will teach me to not plan better.

Has anyone that was supposed to get their refund on the 25th, checked to see if it was there today?

Its looking like refunds are on the same 2 week schedule that they've always been on, instead of the new schedule the IRS has posted.

Has anyone that was supposed to get their refund on the 25th, checked to see if it was there today?

Its looking like refunds are on the same 2 week schedule that they've always been on, instead of the new schedule the IRS has posted.

Mine was accepted on 18 by 11am. I have not got it. Last week it said 2/1 now it says 2/7:confused?

I am trying to not let this bother me, it's not like we need the $$, I just want it!:rotfl: But to be honest it does erk me!:mad:

I was supposed to get mine the 25th and didn't. WMR says 'still processing' should get it by the 31st...I called to check on it and they show a deposit date of the 3rd when speaking to a person :confused3 Hoping it's accurate.

I'm hoping to file ours on Monday. A week delay will be MUCH better then last year's TWO MONTH delay...

Ours was accepted the 17th (maybe it was the 18th?) and was supposed to be deposited on 1/25. Then the bank that Turbotax uses for fees (SBBT) said it would be 2/1 due to processing delays. I had a generic 1/31 date on the IRS site for a few days and now it says I should get it before 2/7. So I am guessing I really will get it on the 1st but who knows. I am trying not to stress about it. I did get my state refund deposited yesterday and that's the first time I ever got my state before the federal.

I filed today, although most of the PSU stuff was online I had to wait for a paper telling me what our account number/service number was. Dh got a text 2 min. later saying it was accepted.

Ugh, just checked the WMR site: Refund Status Results

Your expected refund date has been changed due to processing delays. You should receive your refund by February 7, 2012.

That sucks. lol Its been delayed a whole week!

I filied with HRblock on 1/20 and I actually got mine a week earlier than I expected, yesterday.

I filed using h/r block online and efiled, so I am really hoping I get them early. Its not like we need it, I'm just excited to buy the last bit needed for our trip - park tickets!

UGH!! So frustrated! I have all my info plugged in and I'm just waiting for my W2. Got paid on Thusday and was hoping it would be w/ my paycheck but no such luck. Asked my employer and she said she was printing them as we spoke and we would get them on Friday. NOPE!!! And it wasn't in the mail today. I know they have til the end of the month but come on.......I want my refund!! :)

I filed yesterday and got an email saying both state and federal was accepted today. According to the IRS chart, I should get it Feb. 8, but sounds like I probably won't get it until Feb. 15. Now I just need to figure out how to file non-resident VA taxes (we live in MD) since DH's employer took out both MD and VA taxes out of his check last year. We didn't notice it until half way through the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter