"So this funny thing happened in line at Disney..."

I'd forgotten about this but when I was in high school my family went to WDW. We were standing in line for IT'S A SMALL WORLD (seriously...I kid you not...), we turn around, and there's our pastor and his family. Bizarre but very cool.
When I was in high school, my family all wanted to go on Mission Space but I didn't, so I waited outside for them. As I'm waiting I ran into someone that went to my school. Small world indeed.

This wasn't in line, not even in a park, but still a funny story.

It was probably sometime in the mid 80's and I was probably about 11 or 12 yrs old. We were staying at Ft Wilderness and had spent a day swimming at the pool and my grandma had been video taping us. After getting home we are all watching the videos. Well, there in the background of our video is a little boy, probably 3 or 4 years old. He apparently didn't want to take time out from swimming to use the restroom because he walks up to the edge of the pool, pulls down his trunks and pees in the pool :scared1:

We never saw this happen while we were there, but noticed it for the first time while watching our vacation video.

We were in line for Rock N Rollercoaster and turned around to see one of my former co-workers in line right behind us. We live in Houston, so it was really wierd to see her there. We caught up while waiting in the standby line.

That's not the only time we've randomly seen friends or acquaintances in WDW. We've also run into old high school classmates in NYC--once on the street and once on the subway.

This was not in line but it happened at Hoop Dee Doo in 2009:

DD was 3 at the time. We had gone to BBB earlier that day and she was still in her head to toe Cinderella outfit. We were seated on one of the side balconies. DD loved the show but she was very hungry so she kept turning back and forth between the table and the show. She didn't notice she had lost her "glass slipper" until our waiter got down on one knee and gently placed the "slipper" back on her foot and said "Cinderella - it really is you!"

She just thought that was about the best thing in the world and even today (age 9) she mentions it every time we visit Disney or even talk about planning a trip.

Great moment!

I'd forgotten about this but when I was in high school my family went to WDW. We were standing in line for IT'S A SMALL WORLD (seriously...I kid you not...), we turn around, and there's our pastor and his family.

Bizarre but very cool.

Not Disney, but DW and I ran into a high school friend of ours on the streets of Tijuana. It was very surreal.

Not a line thing, but sort of a line thing:

When I used to march in the SWW parade (I'm a member of the Rebel Legion fan/costume group - we march there every year), we usually have a "pilots weekend". Nearly all the members who have pilot gear wear it, and afterwards the nice CM Manager at Star Tours let us all ride it in our pilot gear.

So, imagine guests watching a whole group of x/a/b/y-wing pilots marching up through the FP line and getting into the ride vehicle! The reactions from guest is great - especially the wide-eyed little kids! We try to stay in character (super-heroic and awesome - plus pilots just rule in general)

The best time was right before ST was going for it's refurb. The manager let us up in the Admiral Ackbar room and we could see all the guests in the line and they could see us! We waved at the guests - it was simply awesome. Quite frankly, it's the only time I've felt like a Disney performer! Plus, our costumes are super-screen accurate, which made it even more fun. We looked like we belonged in there.:thumbsup2

Not a line thing, but sort of a line thing:

When I used to march in the SWW parade (I'm a member of the Rebel Legion fan/costume group - we march there every year), we usually have a "pilots weekend". Nearly all the members who have pilot gear wear it, and afterwards the nice CM Manager at Star Tours let us all ride it in our pilot gear.

So, imagine guests watching a whole group of x/a/b/y-wing pilots marching up through the FP line and getting into the ride vehicle! The reactions from guest is great - especially the wide-eyed little kids! We try to stay in character (super-heroic and awesome - plus pilots just rule in general)

The best time was right before ST was going for it's refurb. The manager let us up in the Admiral Ackbar room and we could see all the guests in the line and they could see us! We waved at the guests - it was simply awesome. Quite frankly, it's the only time I've felt like a Disney performer! Plus, our costumes are super-screen accurate, which made it even more fun. We looked like we belonged in there.:thumbsup2

FUN...for you AND the guests! :cool1: :tink:

Not so much funny, but definitely memorable...

We were at Disneyland last year with my two kids (ages 4 and almost 1 at the time) waiting in line for the carousel. We had waited for probably 20 minutes, and right as we got to the front of the line, the baby pooped. Not just a tame, it-can-wait-five-minutes poop, I'm talking an explosive, up-the-back-all-over-baby's-clothes-and-mommy's-arm poops. Needless to say, DH & my 4 year old rode the carousel while baby and I booked it to the nearest bathroom... ick.

We have had situations where we just seemed to run across the same families everywhere we go. DD and some sisters in another family made friends over their Duffy bears. I can recall sitting with that family waiting for a parade, and then for the next couple of days, I think every ADR we went to, they were at a table not far from us. I'm pretty sure we crossed paths in some lines too, we were definitely on the same schedule.

BUT, the one that I will absolutely never forget that touched my heart happened back in December 1999. We were in line for Safari at AK. It was a long line as AK was fairly new and it was the busy Christmas week. There was an adorable little girl with a stuffed animal in line by me. If my memory is right, I'm guessing she was probably in the 4 to 6 range. I started to talk to her, I think asking her about her stuffed animal, and her Dad started to jump in and say "She won't..." when she said something back to me. Her Dad kind of had a funny look on his face when she responded to me. She and I started talking back and forth a little, and I could see her Dad was a little emotional, and then he leaned over and whispered to me to please keep talking to her because she was autistic and he had never seen her respond and interact with any stranger like she was doing with me before. So we chatted here and there about her trip, stuffed animal etc, played a little peek a boo with the stuffed animal to pass the time in line etc. Her responses were short, but she was totally interacting with me. I would never in a million years have realized she was autistic if her dad had not said something to me. I recall on the ride her kind of pointing things out with me and playing with her stuffed animal with me. At some point in line he told us that she had been in some pretty extensive therapy to work on interacting, and she seemed to be doing okay, but that she had never responded when a stranger spoke to her, much less interacted with them. I think his wife was off with a sibling and he was wishing that she had been there to see it. Total Disney Magic. She was happy and excited about Disney and willing to share with me. I think about that precious little girl every time we ride Safari, and I wonder how she is doing today-which she must be grown up by now.

I don't know what it is about WDW but kids with autism and other types of problems blossom when they are there. My Dd becomes so much more alive and open when visiting there . I'll bet if you post this on the disabilities forum, you will get all sorts of similar experiences.

We were at DHS in 2010 and just about to be staged to board TOT. The CM asked if we were from Iowa. We said yeah, how did you know? He said that the 2 other groups he boarded are also from Iowa and he himself is from Iowa originally so he thought he'd ask. We couldn't believe it as could the rest of the group we rode TOT with and the CM! What are the odds of that your entire car for TOT (including the CM who boarded you) was from a state as far as Iowa? I immediately thought of that when I saw this thread and had to share it!

Not in line, but while getting maps for MK while we walked in, Mom struck up conversation with the CM greeting everyone. That's when she noticed he was from our town, and graduated from the highschool I'm currently attending.

Not so much funny, but definitely memorable... We were at Disneyland last year with my two kids (ages 4 and almost 1 at the time) waiting in line for the carousel. We had waited for probably 20 minutes, and right as we got to the front of the line, the baby pooped. Not just a tame, it-can-wait-five-minutes poop, I'm talking an explosive, up-the-back-all-over-baby's-clothes-and-mommy's-arm poops. Needless to say, DH & my 4 year old rode the carousel while baby and I booked it to the nearest bathroom... ick.

Similar, but not as bad lol. We were in line for buzz/Woody across from TSM and this was the only line over 10 minutes we waited in All week (it was about 40). My 2 year old was soo excited as this was what he was waiting for most. Anyway, we get towards the front, right where ere is the cardboard of the aliens when my husband who was holding him goes "oh no" -- yep he left us a present. Luckily, it wasn't offensive to other people (I let them move ahead so I could test the odor lol) so we stayed.

What cracks me up though is my sons picture with Woody/Buzz hangs proudly in his Toy Story themed bedroom and every time my husband and I look at it we think of he "incident".

I'd forgotten about this but when I was in high school my family went to WDW. We were standing in line for IT'S A SMALL WORLD (seriously...I kid you not...), we turn around, and there's our pastor and his family. Bizarre but very cool.
Same this happened to us on great movie ride. Priest and son were behind us and was shocked when we said "hello father" as he was dressed as a tourist.

Well, this wasn't in line, but it was on a bus...so maybe a line in spirit. It was in December, and we get on a MK bus that is just absolutely as packed as the buses can get. We're all crammed in like sardines, and all of a sudden, an older man sitting down starts singing Jingle Bells. One or two join in, and next thing you know, the entire bus is caroling down the road. We continued on singing different Christmas songs, then on to the Beatles "Yellow Submarine", singing happy birthday to the bus driver, whom was not celebrating a birthday, and so on until we completed the long journey from Coronado Springs to MK.

It was definitely memorable, and by the time we arrived, we were just about all in tears from laughing. The people waiting at the bus stop got a kick out of the musical bus arriving as well. Definitely made one of the more annoying parts of a Disney trip enjoyable.

Not in line, but while getting maps for MK while we walked in, Mom struck up conversation with the CM greeting everyone. That's when she noticed he was from our town, and graduated from the highschool I'm currently attending.

The bartender at Polynesian is from our same small town in Virginia. That was a wild thing to find out. Now every time we go to WDW, we make it a point to hit the bar at Poly and speak with him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter