When a Man Loves a Woman
Muskrat Love
I will always Love You by Whitney Houston

Last edited:

Dancing in the Street- Bowie and Jagger

I don’t mind the original though.

Last edited:
My list is from the 70's, which had more bad songs per capita:

Wildfire - Michael Martin Murphey (I had to look that one up)
Honey - Bobby Goldsboro
Billy Don't Be a Hero - Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods
Daddy Don't You Walk so Fast - Wayne Newton
Copacabana - Barry Manilow
I Write the Songs - Barry Manilow (many more by Barry Manilow, but I like Barry so I'll stop)

Be glad if you are too young to remember these!

-- Donna

Except for MacArthur Park, which I swear would make you shove an ice pick in your own ear, these responses cannot touch the truly heinous songs I offer.

1. Run Joey Run

2. Billy Don't Be a Hero

LOL, I had forgotten about Run Joey Run. So cheesy. They did a version of it on Glee. It reminds me of another one from the 70's with a similar theme (young woman dies), along with the aforementioned Seasons in the Sun, Bobby Goldsboro's Honey, and your #2- Billy...(young man dies).

The song "Rocky" by Austin Roberts ("Rocky, I've never had to die before, don't know if I can do it..."). Interesting trivia fact-- Austin Roberts sang the theme song for the Scooby Doo cartoons.

LOL, I had forgotten about Run Joey Run. So cheesy. They did a version of it on Glee. It reminds me of another one from the 70's with a similar theme (young woman dies), along with the aforementioned Seasons in the Sun, Bobby Goldsboro's Honey, and your #2- Billy...(young man dies).

The song "Rocky" by Austin Roberts ("Rocky, I've never had to die before, don't know if I can do it..."). Interesting trivia fact-- Austin Roberts sang the theme song for the Scooby Doo cartoons.

Honey is the one where the woman dies. And I think the horse dies in Wildfire. In Copacabana, there's blood and a single gunshot, but we are not sure who shot who.

The 70's was not a upbeat era for songs.

Andy Grammer's 'Honey, I'm Good'--it always seems to come on when I am completely stressed out driving! I can't ever get to the dial fast enough to change it before it freaks me out!

Meh, she's entitled to her opinion.

She's wrong, but that's another subject :)

Wrong about what? All I've stated is that I hate the sound of Dolly Parton's voice. I've said, multiple times, that I don't know the woman, she could be a lovely individual, so what? Her voice sucks, IMO. She's written (or co-written) some nice songs, some dreadful ones too. To say I'm "wrong" is pretty much what's wrong with this country right now. Too much intolerance for others' opinions. People have stated here they hate songs I actually like - I don't have to meh them or say they are wrong.

Honey is the one where the woman dies. And I think the horse dies in Wildfire. In Copacabana, there's blood and a single gunshot, but we are not sure who shot who.

Yes, I knew about Honey; guess my post was unclear. Didn't Bobby Goldsboro have his own television show for a short time? He was cute. :o

The 70's was not a upbeat era for songs.
LOL, I know, right? So many awful maudlin songs. There's also Ode to Billy Joe, and One Tin Soldier, where a whole town dies! :rolleyes2

Wrong about what? All I've stated is that I hate the sound of Dolly Parton's voice. I've said, multiple times, that I don't know the woman, she could be a lovely individual, so what? Her voice sucks, IMO. She's written (or co-written) some nice songs, some dreadful ones too. To say I'm "wrong" is pretty much what's wrong with this country right now. Too much intolerance for others' opinions. People have stated here they hate songs I actually like - I don't have to meh them or say they are wrong.

Lighten up, Francis. I was just having fun :)

Good Riddance by Green Day... I don't really have anything against the band, some of their other songs are actually cool. However, I absolutely hate that one song.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter