So Much to Celebrate. . a Disney Wedding, 30th Anniversary & Easter 2015 Updated 3/29

WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!

And just like that, it was our wedding day! You can find out as you read what did and did not go according to plan, but here was the plan:

I would be at POR with my parents and sister. In laws would bring Gia to me first thing in the morning to get ready together, and so my sister could help get her ready. Everyone had detailed instructions on how to get to the Poly from their resorts and when to be there. Hair and makeup was coming to me at mom's room at 7am. We were going to drive in dad's car to the Poly with all of our gear for the wedding/ pictures/ etc. We would meet the photographer, officiant, and Disney wedding day planner at 10:45. Wedding was to start promptly at 11am. We had the photography from 11-12:30 and lunch reservations at Kona in the Poly at 12:40, I think.

So the day started out with probably the worst night's sleep ever.

1- I am NOT a snuggler, but my sister that was in the bed with me-- is. And there were not enough pillows for us to use and create a barrier. So that was uncomfortable.

2- my dad snored worse than I can ever remember that night. I remember thinking to myself how he would be walking me down the aisle in a few hours and I hope he didn't get sentimental because all I wanted to do was smother him with a pillow or punch him right in the jugular!

3-When we all finally did get up and moving, my dad turned into Grumpy REAL QUICK. So mom had to go stroke his ego and the two of them left the room to find breakfast.

4-My sister has no sense of urgency.

5-Because I was the only one sticking to the plan, I was the only one available to get Gia ready.

Hair and Makeup: I'm cheap, but I wanted to be as relaxed as possible that day, so I splurged. After a lot of Googling, I chose Beaute Especial and specifically requested Anna. She was wonderful! While it felt like slight chaos was fluttering around me, she was busy making me picture perfect for our big day.

Hair and Makeup DONE! Notice Danielle in the background, just taking her sweet time.

Getting dressed: Then Gia made it to the room. My FIL dropped her off and she was so excited. Made sure she ate and had breakfast. She helped me get into my dress. She was particularly amused by my (WARNING: SLIGHT TMI) undies that had a cute veil on them. I got her hair done and gave her a little bit of makeup. She ended up kissing herself in the mirror over and over because she felt like she was the prettiest princess there ever was. I was ready. Gia was ready. Danielle was still playing with her hair and makeup. Mom and Dad both just needed to change.

Really wanted some "southern belle"-esque pictures before we left. But, eh, time limitations.

Transportation: Dad loaded the car, we took a few pictures while we all waited on Danielle. Then I had my (what I think was my only) bridezilla moment. I remember looking at Danielle sitting in front of the mirror and just yelling, "IN WHAT WORLD DOES THE BRIDE SIT AROUND AND WAIT FOR HER SISTER TO GET READY ON HER WEDDING DAY?!" All the while, my husband was texting me quirky things all morning because he was alone. I was trusting that he made it where he needed to be and on time. To everyone's surprise he was at the Poly before 10am. I remember this because this was before the time they serve wine, so he was pretty bored, waiting alone. The coordinator was specifically in charge of finding Jimmy and walking him out to the beach before I arrived so we didn't see each other. She also had our flowers and everything, so he had to get pinned. My in-laws ended up getting there early and keeping him company.

Meeting everyone: We arrived at the Poly and Dad unloaded us under the overhang. It had all the makings of a beautiful day, even though the rain percentage kept fluctuating. As soon as we stepped out of the car, some guy started taking pictures. It was Randy, our photographer! He was in the perfect spot on a bench outside the Poly. Who would've thought we'd meet up so easily! Then we walked inside (lots of stares, totally loved it) to meet Kevin Knox, our officiant. He was with our coordinator for the day.

Our Coordinator. I believe it was supposed to be Ashton that day, but ended up being Nicole. Either way, she was THE STUFF! And our super cheesy reverend, Kevin Knox. It was easy to find them. Or more so, it was easy for them to find us.

Got the flowers. Also, notice the handkerchief. A few weeks before the wedding, you get this amazing package in the mail with all these cute special things for your big day. This was one of them. I kept it to ward off tears… just didn't know it would be to wipe his tears (and my SWEAT).

Side note: The coordinator actually called me that morning to touch base and see if we needed anything else. I really cannot say enough wonderful things about our coordinator!!! I didn't know it at the time, but apparently she was like a people hunter during our ceremony, diverting ANYONE that even thought they were going to pass by that walkway while we were having our moment. It's the little things :)

So we got the flowers we needed, handed over the marriage license then it was go time. OH WAIT… potty first! The coordinator asked if anyone needed anything else, so I decided it was good for Gia to potty before we headed down to the beach. The Poly's bathroom was full of women telling us how beautiful we looked… while I held up my little girl's dress so she could pee. I thought this was the most ironic moment of the day. The bride holding the flower girl's dress to pee before the ceremony.

Size of our party: The package we paid for was specifically for 4 people. We did arrange it to where Gia would be present as well, but I couldn't guarantee the rest of our party. But they all came to support us anyway because we definitely wanted them there for pictures and lunch. Lucky for us, there was a perfect place for them to stand to watch. It was just as close as if we were at an Alter and they were in the pews. But I'm guessing they didn't hear what all we said. Who cares? It worked out perfectly!

Wedding details: In planning a Disney Wedding, you're given options based on the package you choose. We chose the following…

Memories Package, Luau Beach 11am

Violinist to play ceremony songs

Bridal Party (Gia)- Cannon in D

Bride- When you wish upon a star

Recessional- Wedding March

Bride- roses and lilies bouquet in white with ivory ribbon

Single white rose boutonniere for groom and two fathers

Single white rode corsage for mothers

Flower girl basket with hot pink rose petals (these colors to choose from were limited, and she liked pink, so whatever)

Magical in-room celebration (as opposed to the 3 hour limo ride… who wants 3 hours in a limo when you've got to get in your park time!)

Our parents were going to do the readings

The minister did a thing on the blessing of the hands (HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS because it's beautiful!!!!!!)

Go-time: We lined up and followed our cues. Gia went a-walking with her super special basket. My dad and I began walking and I could see Jimmy crying from a mile away. So my dad and I are both sentimental, but not openly emotional. We walked down the aisle and talked about the weather and what a sap I was marrying! Then it was our ceremony. I won't go into too much detail, but being married with just our parents surrounding us was really special. We were able to just live in the moment and be present for it all because everything we needed was right there! Except Gia. She stayed on the concrete. In fact, the few times they made her come to us, she was not happy about the sand in her wedding shoes. At the end of the ceremony, Kevin presented us to our guests and (per my only request) then said, "GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY!"

I mean, seriously, it was amazing. Mom signed the marriage license and Gia actually signed it as well. That was something really cool that is totally legal and I didn't expect. Then it was just like HOYL CRAP WE ARE MARRIED! Okay what now? Duh… let's take TONS OF AWESOME PICTURES! (next post).

WEDDING DAY (continued)

Here's some more pictures...

After Randy (photographer) found us, he began snapping away. Got a few of my favorite pictures to date.

Gia and I after my Dad dropped us at the front.

This gorgeous picture of my girl!

Cue the violin!

My sweet groom, before he was allowed to turn around. Keeping entertained, obviously.

Here we go! With wonderful Nicole to give us all our cues.

She took her job very seriously! Getting to keep the basket with the carriage embroidered on it and beaded was very special! And hot pink petals, because… what girl doesn't like hot pink!?

Then it was time for me and dad!

THERE'S THAT SAP IM MARRYING!

This basically sums up our life. I mean, she could be part of the wedding, but sand in the shoes just wasn't worth it.

Mom got to be me MOH for the afternoon.

This is the best way to describe how we made it work. Our parents near us, Gia refusing to be in the sand, and our "peanut gallery" close by but TECHNICALLY not a part of the wedding party. Oh, and there's my crying husband again. He's a big guy, but he's just a big ole teddy bear. Truth be told, I was probably laughing at him to keep from crying myself.

Mom did one reading. That I emailed out months in advance and had printed copies as well.

In laws did the other reading.

Not sure you can beat Danielle's mean mug in this one. It just comes naturally for her. She didn't notice the camera.

And just like that, we were married.

Of course our witnesses had to sign the marriage license. "Gia F." is how it reads on our marriage license.

And my fine momma!

Now let's kick the shoes off and take these pictures!

From the left, that's my friend Katelyn and her boyfriend. She works at Disney. Brother and his wife. Sister, Dad, Mom, myself, Husband, DSD, In laws, Chelsea, and Tyler.

Everyone was hamming it up… but let's try that again without Jimmy's hand in my veil or Brent getting hit in the head…

Now, remember, I brought props! Randy just told us how to pose. This is when it really got fun.

WEDDING DAY pictures continued

This picture is hanging in our house, HUGE! We just LOVE it!!!

Then it was family portrait time…

My husband always wanted a picture of our moms. We have this one in the house, too. Gia always says, "Look at those sassy girls!"

Then Gia got bubbles in her eyes and her tiredness weighed in, and Brent took Danielle to find benadryl because something in the plants gave her a bad allergic reaction. So we went off to do our couple's pictures.

Next post: our lunch and "reception" at Kona.

Bear with me.... I just started Maternity leave and yet still have no baby in my arms. :rolleyes1

Oh my goodness your beautiful day!!

my dad snored worse than I can ever remember that night. I remember thinking to myself how he would be walking me down the aisle in a few hours and I hope he didn't get sentimental because all I wanted to do was smother him with a pillow or punch him right in the jugular!

My DFi is a big snorer, too. Glad we'll be in separate rooms the night before our wedding, or I'd be ready to wring his neck by morning. :) So I feel you here.

She ended up kissing herself in the mirror over and over because she felt like she was the prettiest princess there ever was.

That is the cutest thing!

Then I had my (what I think was my only) bridezilla moment. I remember looking at Danielle sitting in front of the mirror and just yelling, "IN WHAT WORLD DOES THE BRIDE SIT AROUND AND WAIT FOR HER SISTER TO GET READY ON HER WEDDING DAY?!"

I anticipate I'll have one or two of these. But this one is absolutely justified!! haha

And our super cheesy reverend, Kevin Knox.

We also have Rev. Kevin! We're meeting him on a little surprise weekend trip this month. I'm totally excited for the cheesy!

Side note: The coordinator actually called me that morning to touch base and see if we needed anything else. I really cannot say enough wonderful things about our coordinator!!! I didn't know it at the time, but apparently she was like a people hunter during our ceremony, diverting ANYONE that even thought they were going to pass by that walkway while we were having our moment. It's the little things :)

Amazing how many things happen behind the scenes that you don't notice. I think Disney's really got this down to a science.

I thought this was the most ironic moment of the day. The bride holding the flower girl's dress to pee before the ceremony.

:laughing:

Magical in-room celebration (as opposed to the 3 hour limo ride… who wants 3 hours in a limo when you've got to get in your park time!)

Amen!

Oh, and there's my crying husband again. He's a big guy, but he's just a big ole teddy bear. Truth be told, I was probably laughing at him to keep from crying myself.

I expect this is EXACTLY how my day will go. Big teddy bears make the most wonderful partners.

This picture is hanging in our house, HUGE! We just LOVE it!!!

I love this! The coolest most precious picture!!

All your photos are beautiful :lovestruc

Oh my where to start? You made such a beautiful bride! Your dress is gorgeous, the day was just perfect and Gia was adorable. Congratulations!

Love the wedding story and all the photos! Keep 'me coming!

Oh and pixie dust that that baby is coming soon...or maybe already here! :)

We also have Rev. Kevin!
He was so wonderful. it was his idea to have Gia sign our marriage license. We did the phone rehearsal and just showed up and hoped for the best. Honestly, that was part of the excitement. I'm such a planner and so neurotic, that having a few things to just "wing it" was actually a lot of fun!

Oh my where to start? You made such a beautiful bride! Your dress is gorgeous, the day was just perfect and Gia was adorable. Congratulations!
Thank you, thank you!!! It was perfect!!

Love the wedding story and all the photos! Keep 'me coming!

Oh and pixie dust that that baby is coming soon...or maybe already here! :)
All the pictures I have from the lunch and the rest of the day aren't photographer quality, but I can't wait to share that part of the story. Might be a little while... still pregnant but going ahead and inducing at 40 weeks if he doesn't come before. Lord have mercy I am so over being pregnant!

WOW! So many gorgeous pictures and..... moments. Some funny, some that woulda been a bit stressful for me. EEK!

I guess at the end of the day, you're still married, so all's well that ends well.

Thanks for sharing your outrageously beautiful day with us. Just do perfect!

WOW! So many gorgeous pictures and..... moments. Some funny, some that woulda been a bit stressful for me. EEK!

I guess at the end of the day, you're still married, so all's well that ends well.

Thanks for sharing your outrageously beautiful day with us. Just do perfect!

Thank you Liesa! All's well that ends well.

So today was Michelle's due date. After a few really rough nights she decided to be induced this morning. She did amazing! He checked in around 6 a.m. and we had a baby before 2. I can't believe how fast she progressed. She had some pain but once she got her epidural it was smooth sailing. He was born at 1:53 and weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz.

[URL=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/vamassey/media/9A383368-7BB7-4252-ABA4-E65F5E4B20FC.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/vamassey/media/403FCC17-FE0C-4C69-9B81-1CD961C121B1.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s125.photobucket.com/user/vamassey/media/36962E72-12C3-4177-9432-15B1156D9B87.jpg.html][/URL]

We are so thankful and blessed.

Congrats to Michelle and family! What a precious, perfect little human she brought into the world. Sending love and light to you all in this exciting time!

First, congrats on the new baby!

I'm a little behind in your updates, and see that I have to get a move on to get to the wedding pictures, but here's where I'm at...

I tried to convince Dennis to pose facing the fountain and look over his shoulder but he wouldn't play along. Maybe I can get Jimmy and Tyler to do it later in the week.

Aw, c'mon Dennis!

Am I the only one that thinks I do the most walking at Epcot?

No! It's so spread out, I'm sure I must walk a marathon on our Epcot days.

We were meeting Jimmy and Michelle for steaks at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Never been there, but maybe someday?

Tyler had found an Olaf he liked, and somehow it ended up falling and breaking. While everyone stood around with their mouths opened wide the artisan just simply said "Poor Olaf". Tyler offered to pay but they just brushed it aside and vacuumed him up. He would have put a major hurt in Tyler's wallet.

Oh my! Being a store of breakable things at Disney, it's had to have happened before. Glad they didn't make Tyler pay for it. And I'm glad the artisan broke the tension with a "Poor Olaf"!

But my mom kept "updating" me on our reservation and "gently reminding me" that we were late. (Love you, mom. Not helpful)

LOL! Yeah, I can see both sides of this equation! And I would've done the same thing in both cases -- gently reminding, and being ticked off that I know I'm late and can't do anything about it.

Sure enough, here comes Mickey and Goofy and it was like a fire lit up in her eyes and I can't tell you how quickly my heart melted and it made everything so worth it to see her that happy.

Aw, that's awesome! So glad to hear that.

Congratulations on the new baby! That little guy is so adorable. Glad to hear mom and baby are doing well and hopefully recovery goes quickly.

Loved the wedding Update! Everything sounded beautiful and perfect. I love Randy's photos, and I thought he did an amazing job with your day. That one of Gia in front of everyone is perfect, and I giggled at the Mickey hands by the wedding pavilion.
And my goodness, your dress and hair were gorgeous. You made a beautiful bride!

First, congrats on the new baby!

Thank you Glenn! Any chance you'll be a Grampa soon?

I'm a little behind in your updates, and see that I have to get a move on to get to the wedding pictures, but here's where I'm at...

It will still be there when you have time. No worries.

Aw, c'mon Dennis!

I knew you would have my back on this! I'm hoping to get Chris to try it in a few days.

No! It's so spread out, I'm sure I must walk a marathon on our Epcot days.

and then some. . . .

Never been there, but maybe someday?

I think I liked it the most. My prime rib was great as were the sweet potatoes. Don't think I'll repeat until I try some others first. The atmosphere was very laid back.

Oh my! Being a store of breakable things at Disney, it's had to have happened before. Glad they didn't make Tyler pay for it. And I'm glad the artisan broke the tension with a "Poor Olaf"!

I was so glad they didn't. This was his first trip and first night. Talk about leave a bad taste in his mouth if he had to cough up the loot for that.

LOL! Yeah, I can see both sides of this equation! And I would've done the same thing in both cases -- gently reminding, and being ticked off that I know I'm late and can't do anything about it.

I can see her point too, but it still stressed me out.

Aw, that's awesome! So glad to hear that.

It really was a great family dinner. Everyone had fun. We had our own little corner area so we could spread out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter