so has anyone used the SixFlags season pass to go to several parks?

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
we are on the flat broke budget as many are, so thought hey,maybe do a summer of Six Flags...( we are outside Chicago so thats six flags great america) not too far from St Louis and need to drive DD to college in August which COULD include six flags GA, or St . Loius, depending on how far we car to drive. We were also thinking of a few days in San Antonio if we could keep it at 1200 or less, but that is a far stretch. We would see the Alamo there, Sea World and Six Flags. DH thinks we will be just doing a summer of "instant replay", that all the parks are laid out so similar etc. and the water park [art looks alike. I was going for cheap, but maybe it is wasting $ in a way...spending to get to other parks if they are cheesy, poorly run. Anyone havany experience visiting multiple Six Flags parks and care to offer an opinion of the the top 3? One thing I noticed is the difference in season pas prices...here in Chicago itis about $70, San Antonio is $53...and you have to activate the 1st visit at the park you purchase from.
Humor me, I am trying to obtain a summer get away by making something from just about nothing!;)

Pam

I was only at the Six Flags in St. Louis a loooonnnngggg time ago. From what I can remember, it was very much just an amusement park and not so much a theme park - but that could have changed over the years.

I like Six Flags Over Georgia. Now have been in a few years. Been concreacate on going to other states.

We have done Six Flags great adventure our home park and used our season pass at delawares six flags great america. I found their park much different then ours and it was nice to see anouther park without having to pay admission. There park was smaller but nicer in other areas then ours. I say go for it and enjoy comparing the parks. We are currently considering getting passes again this year and going to the park closest to niagra falls. We will stay at the six flags hotel there. Spend one day at the parks and then the next day drive up to niagra falls for a day there.

We have done this twice...once we went to the three parks in texas (they only have two now that Astroworld has closed) but we did San Antonio and Dallas and the parks are very different.

Then one year we bought a season pass and went to 6 flags Georgia, 6 flags Kentucky, Ohio, then to Chicago and St Louis..my husband was thrilled that we were able to do all these parks on a 50.00 pass and most had water parks included and each park was quite different then the rest

We did 3 parks one year. We bought our passes at Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ. Then we flew to Dallas for a summer vacation to visit where we used to live. The employees there kept commenting that they never saw a pass like this before, (I think that year they were gold colored), then I think we drove down to San Antonio for a few days too and used it at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Of all those 3 parks I like Fiesta Texas the best. The Dallas one is really small and dated. The one is NJ has lots of coasters and a huge kiddie land.

thanks everyone, so the Fiesta Tx sounds like a good one( but most expensive road trip) and of course our Chicago one, forgot about Kentucky and Ohio, maybe KY on the way to Fl instead of GA? I feel like the Griswolds heading to Wally World to find it's closed..lol...

we got season passes this year to Six flags Fiesta Tx. they have added a wiggles area to the park this year. They have a great water park. The one in Dallas does not have a water park with it. It is next door and not accessible with season passes.

I do something like this every year, but that's because I am a coaster fan. Six Flags and Cedar Fair are the two chains that make have 1 Season Pass a great value. Six Flags because of all the Six Flags Parks, and Cedar Fair, as they own 12 different parks too, including Kings Island and Cedar Point.

Anyway to answer your question, I think you have had a lot of good replies, Six Flags Great America is one of my favorite Six Flags parks, but so are Six Flags New England (Agawam, MA), Six Flags over Georgia, Six Flags St. Louis and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. They all have their redeeming qualities, and can't miss rides.

Six Flags New England - Superman Ride of Steel, best steel coaster in the United States, possibly the world. Plus its getting a significant rehab this year.

Six Flags Georgia, Coasters are decent, but I love their Monster Plantation dark ride, plus it is also getting a significant rehab this year.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas - Never been, but I have heard its one of the best Six Flags parks, I will be going their this summer too.

Also if you are driving to Texas (doubt it but still), you may also want to consider Six Flags over Texas, this was the ORIGINAL Six Flags Park, and its still pretty nice.

Jennifer

thanks everyone, so the Fiesta Tx sounds like a good one( but most expensive road trip) and of course our Chicago one, forgot about Kentucky and Ohio, maybe KY on the way to Fl instead of GA? I feel like the Griswolds heading to Wally World to find it's closed..lol...

We did the St. Louis one about a year and a half ago --- we are also in the Chicago area. Some of our friends bought the season pass there since it was a lot cheaper -- you need to take your pass pictures, etc while there.

The park was nice, but smaller than Chicago. It would be a nice stop on a road trip. This sounds like something my family would love!!:)

I love San Antonio but I wouldn't go to any Six Flags unless I had children young enough to want to go. Do you have young kids as well as college age? My DD at 13 is over 6 Flags unless it's with a group of friends.

I think that any 6 Flags that I have been to is pretty much like the others. San Antonio's is small. I like it for that reason but I wouldn't do it without kids.

Six Flags can be lots of fun, as long as you don't start comparing it to Disney while you are there, because there is just no comparison.

We have purchased Six Flags Season Passes almost every year for about 15 years, and find that they are a good value, but Six Flags New England is less than an hour from here, and we are in that area on a regular basis. We go often with our kids, but usually never stay more than a couple of hours at a time.

We have used our Season Passes at Six Flags New England, Darien Lake in Buffalo NY Area and at Great Escape in Lake George, NY. We found that though they have a lot of the the same rides, each park has a very different flavor and feel.

The season passes cost different amounts depending on which park you buy them at, and you can often buy them before the season starts at an even bigger discount. Two years ago when we last bought passes, the passes at Great Escape were something like $30 more than the ones at Six Flags New England. You need to activate the pass at the park you purchase it for, so you need to keep that in mind. You can buy a season parking pass, but that doesn't transfer from one park to another, so if you go to a different park, you need to pay for parking.

Also, if you activiate your pass before a certain date, you usually get a coupon book that includes free friend passes for certain dates, discounts etc. That may or may not be useful to you, depending on when you go and who you bring with you.

FINFAN -- Please note that there is no longer a Six Flags in Ohio. (There were two -- both have been sold and largely dismantled.) There is still one in Kentucky, though, in Louisville.

I've done the pass/tour thing, both with Six Flags and also Cedar Fair (as a PP mentioned.) With Six Flags, I bought my pass at the (now-defunct) Wyandot Lake to use on a trip to the Northeast -- ironically I'm not sure I actually used it at WL, but it was $50 there, the cost of a one-day ticket to SFNE. You can use Six Flags' inconsistent pricing to your advantage, if you can capture it.

Their parks are similar, but at the same time, they have subtle differences and honestly I don't see it as all that different from visiting Disney multiple times in a year, etc. (Granted Disney is Disney, but at the same time it is just four parks with a limited number of experiences.) I spend my summers bouncing back and forth between Kings Island and Cedar Point, with somewhere between half a dozen and twenty trips to each park, and the trick is to make the emphisis something different each time. Some trips more dry park, some more water park, some go coaster-commando, some stick to flat rides and stay out of lines as much as possible. As long as you vary the experience each time, you can certainly make multiple visits to the same park, so multiple visits to different parks in the same chain should be do-able.

That said -- I wouldn't spend a significant amount of $$ or go far out of your way to go to a SF park JUST because you have the pass. You could probably check out another, closer park and buy additional tickets for the reduced travel costs. (For example, you're less than six hours from Holiday World, which is a pretty awesome value.)

Good luck with whatever you choose. I'm an amusement park junkie, so for me, no trip that includes a park can be a bad trip! ;)

Hey Pam:yay::yay:

That's exactly what we're doing this year. We bought our passes at the Louisville, KY Six Flags because it's not too far from Chicago and figured it would make a nice weekend outing. Then we'll be able to use them in Gurnee and may even make our way to St. Louis.

We were originally planning to drive to 4 parks in the northeast too over a two week period but by the time I figured in hotels, food, etc. the price was comparable to a free dining stay so we opted for the free dining.

Maybe we'll see you in Gurnee, St. Louis or Louisville!?!?!?!?

Hi,

This doesn't exactly answer your question - but see if you can find an employee to buy passes for you. We live about 10 minutes from SFGA and an employee was able to buy up to 100 passes at $46.99 each. We originally weren't going to get passes this year, but we were suckers when we heard the price.

Another way to get cheap passes works like this. When you buy a season pass there is a coupon book for free bring a friend passes usually during the beginning of May. Each season pass member can bring one friend free. If you were needing 4 passes total you would buy two passes at Jewel at a discount. Once you activate the first two passes and get your coupon books wait for the bring a friend free weekend. Then two family members each bring a friend free. Once inside the park anyone can buy a pass for an extremely discounted rate. Last year it was $44.99. Two passes at $74.99 plus two passes at $44.99 is a decent discount as well as it averages $59.99 each. And yes, this is completely legit and you do not need to show a paid admission ticket, once you are in the park you are eligible for a discounted pass.

If only there was a way to save on the parking pass - that is the big budget buster!

Also if you are driving to Texas (doubt it but still), you may also want to consider Six Flags over Texas, this was the ORIGINAL Six Flags Park, and its still pretty nice.

Jennifer

have you been lately??? we live about 5 minutes away and get season passes every year but it has seriously gotten pretty run down over the past 3years or so...we got 1 new ride last year, but that was the first one in years and the park is just really dirty and run down...we mostly use it to go walk and people watch...cheaper than joining a gym..lol.

To the OP....I'd definitely try to swing Fiesta Texas...we love it there!

We get season passes to Six Flags every summer. We live about 30 minutes away from the one in Arlington, Texas (near Dallas).

It is funny to me that people prefer Fiesta Texas! We have been there a few times, but if we make it to San Antonio, we would much prefer to skip it and go to Sea World.

I guess the Arlington park has a soft spot for me since I grew up running around that park. I actually thought that it looked better last summer than it has in a long time. I guess it is just a matter of perspective and personal opinion.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't like Disney World but we can't go to Disney every week! :goodvibes

I've only been to three different Six Flags (St. Louis - my home park, Chicago, and Darien Lake in western NY state), but they didn't seem super similar to me. I mean, they were all amusement parks, but didn't have much in common between then that they wouldn't also have with a non-SF park like Cedar Point or Paramount's Great America in California. I'd say go for it! Sounds like a fun summer to me!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but my husband and I were just deciding to take the kids to Great Escape this year and considered buying season passes. If we buy season passes to Six Flags Great Escape, we can use them at any Six Flags across America? Seriously?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but my husband and I were just deciding to take the kids to Great Escape this year and considered buying season passes. If we buy season passes to Six Flags Great Escape, we can use them at any Six Flags across America? Seriously?

if you go to your six flags site, and click on season pass it should list details and the 15 or so parks that are included in admission. You must activate the pass with a photo at the park you purchase the pass at. The parks have different prices for their passes, so keep in mind if purchasing a lower cost pass at a park not near you, means you have to go to that park first to activate the pass before you can use it at any other park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter