Snowglobes and Carryons - just ship it!!

heathrow42

3 castles down.. 2 to go!
MIL bought a snowglobe at the parks the other day, and decided to pack it in her carryon to take it home. Apparently, the security screeners at Orlando airport took it out of her bag, had a big debate over how many ounces of liquid they thought it contained, and then decided it probably had more than 8 ounces, and told her she couldn't carry it on! They gave her the option of paying to ship it home, or just leaving it with them (throwing it out) They were running late, so they decided to leave it behind. Then they got to their gate and found out their flight was delayed by an hour so they would have had time to ship it. Now I'm off to replace the snowglobe and ship it home for her.

--heather

As a snowglobe lover...I'd be devastated! That's a good part-time gig though....Buying all the non wanted ones for $10 bucks at the gates. Such a shame that they have to get tossed! Do they confiscate them or keep them for themselves? That would be good donations for hospitals!

MIL bought a snowglobe at the parks the other day, and decided to pack it in her carryon to take it home.

I'm surprised she would even considering packing this in her carry-on. Wasn't she aware of the THREE ounce (not 8 Ounce) liquids rule?

I saw a couple of signs the last time I was at WDW on teh snow globe displays warning people that if they were traveling home buy air they would want to ship it home, as they couldn't carry it on.

I thought that was a great idea!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter