~Snowbird Chat 2~

Well the "vacation" has taken a minor detour. Grandpa is in the hospital now. He's actually being transfered now to a bigger hospital. He'll be in Cardiac ICU for a few days while they run some tests on him. He fell last night, took him to the ER had to keep him over night to monitor him. He didn't handle the morphine well and some of his tests didn't come back well. So now he's being transfered. We are thinking he may have a collapsed lung and the dr's think he had a minor heart attack during the night.

So needless to say, this is not how we have invisioned this trip. Christmas will be spent between my aunt's house and the family waiting room at the hospital. Prayers of course are welcome.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Christmas and weekend.

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I hope that they figure it out soon and that he's on the road to recovery.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Well the "vacation" has taken a minor detour. Grandpa is in the hospital now. He's actually being transfered now to a bigger hospital. He'll be in Cardiac ICU for a few days while they run some tests on him. He fell last night, took him to the ER had to keep him over night to monitor him. He didn't handle the morphine well and some of his tests didn't come back well. So now he's being transfered. We are thinking he may have a collapsed lung and the dr's think he had a minor heart attack during the night.

So needless to say, this is not how we have invisioned this trip. Christmas will be spent between my aunt's house and the family waiting room at the hospital. Prayers of course are welcome.

Oh No!! I will be praying for your Grandad and hoping things are better by morning!

I hope you all have a blessed holiday!!!!

Prayers and hugs coming your way! :grouphug:

Amazing how much work it is getting ready for Christmas, and how it is over in the blink of an eye!! Keaton keeps saying "It's the best Christmas ever!" Love that kid!

He didn't really "get" the Disney surprise, but Drew did, and I got just the reaction I was hoping for. We had a computer box with 3 other boxes inside-the first was new Disney pins, the second was filled pressed penny tubes (He asked why they were full), the 3rd had coupons Andy made for the Build a lightsaber, Mickey ice cream, Lego store. He still had that "what the heck is this for" look, and I asked him where the Lego store was, and he said with a confused look, "Well, you know it's at Disney World." SO I told him to look back in the box and he found the "free trip" coupons, and still was unsure, so we yelled, "We're going to Disney in 28 days!" His reply? "SWEET!!!!" :rotfl: Keaton just wanted to know if he could open another present. :confused3

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying that he will recover quickly. :hug:

Amazing how much work it is getting ready for Christmas, and how it is over in the blink of an eye!! Keaton keeps saying "It's the best Christmas ever!" Love that kid!

He didn't really "get" the Disney surprise, but Drew did, and I got just the reaction I was hoping for. We had a computer box with 3 other boxes inside-the first was new Disney pins, the second was filled pressed penny tubes (He asked why they were full), the 3rd had coupons Andy made for the Build a lightsaber, Mickey ice cream, Lego store. He still had that "what the heck is this for" look, and I asked him where the Lego store was, and he said with a confused look, "Well, you know it's at Disney World." SO I told him to look back in the box and he found the "free trip" coupons, and still was unsure, so we yelled, "We're going to Disney in 28 days!" His reply? "SWEET!!!!" :rotfl: Keaton just wanted to know if he could open another present. :confused3

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!

Aw, that sounds wonderful!! They are going to have the best trip!!! :cool1:

Merry Christmas Snowbirds! :santa:

57aea5e6.jpg

Hope you are all enjoying your day!

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and happy weekend to all who don't! :laugh:

:flower3: Hope you're having a lovely weekend and are prepping for THE STORM OF THE CENTURY OF 2010 OF DECEMBER. ;)

Merry Christmas Snowbirds! :santa:

57aea5e6.jpg

Hope you are all enjoying your day!

Lovely picture!!! :love:

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

I'm visiting the in laws and it's been low-key, even for them. No tree, no decor... but we did have a nice dinner. No presents, either. The only gifts we got to open this year are the ones from my parents and they told me not to open them until we got home! :confused3

Help relieve my dining anxiety~
We LOVE Disney dining, but I'm reading all of these horrible reviews about two of our fave's Ohana and Cali Grill going way downhill. Have any of you eaten at either of these places recently? It's been 2 years since we've been. We're also doing Biergarten which we do every trip, along with Sci-fi, Crystal Palace breakfast and Chef Mickey's breakfast, which are all new to us. Opinions please!!!

Lovely picture!!! :love:

Thanks! :goodvibes
We LOVE Disney dining, but I'm reading all of these horrible reviews about two of our fave's Ohana and Cali Grill going way downhill. Have any of you eaten at either of these places recently? It's been 2 years since we've been. We're also doing Biergarten which we do every trip, along with Sci-fi, Crystal Palace breakfast and Chef Mickey's breakfast, which are all new to us. Opinions please!!!

Let's see. . . Haven't been to Ohana since 2008 and it was great then. Never been to Cali Grill, but have read a couple of not so great reviews lately too. :confused3 Never done Biergarten. We've been to Sci-Fi the last few trips and LOVE it! And Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace are always great!

Hope that helps!

Here's my 2 cents:
Don't listen to everyone's reports etc. A lot of people make their complaints bigger than the people who had no trouble. It may have been an off day, or particular staff troubles.
We have eaten at Ohana for breakfast two of our last three trips and had a great meal both times. We did not eat there last summer.
Haven't been to Cali since 1999 or so.
Crystal Palace- same story as Ohana. We had breakfast in Jan 2009 and dinner in Dec. 2009. Both were great meals, great characters. We didn't eat there in summer 2010 though.

I really think that there are probably some legitimate declines in the restaurants. Think about it. The service industry as a whole is starting to slip. Disney should be, but probably isn't, the exception. On our last trip, I did not experience the "lesser" service that I have heard others report. Then again, I'm not really looking for perfection, but if I have REAL bad service, I certainly would notice. We had a server in Chefs de France that seemed to have forgotten us for a while, but that was probably the worst.

I hope you don't worry too much about it. At the worst, make sure to let a manager know if you are having a bad experience. If no one tells them, they won't know to fix it. Think of it as helping future guests! :)

Hope I helped you feel a little better!

Now that Christmas is done, I'm going to focus on my planning and organizing for our trip. I need to figure out when and how I'm going to tell the girls! I can only make my lists and stuff when they're not around for now.

Thanks ladies! I try to take everything I hear with a grain of salt, but when there are threads dedicated to just how awful a particular restaurant has gotten, you start to question! We've had only a few so-so experiences, but have never had a terrible meal, and I just can't imagine that everything is just as awful as some people are making it out to be! I think the complainers are MUCH louder than the ones who had a good experience. I'll be sure to report back! ;)

We were at OHana in 2009 for dinner and had a great experience. Headed back there in June. I try not to let those reviews scare me off.

Did everyone have a nice Christmas? The boys were totally spoiled, as usual. The boys bought me Epic Mickey. I played for a little bit this afternoon while the baby napped. It was lots of fun. W

Didn't quite get my Christmas wish of having everyone healthy. Almost but not quite. Ry and I are pretty well over strep throat but Chase has an awful cold still. I've been watching him like a hawk. I do not want him in the hospital again. We've been sleeping on the recliner for the last 4 nights in an effort to keep him elevated. It's been that long since I've had any decent sleep LOL.

Jenny- Happy 1 month.. well, less than 1 month at this point! :banana: Too funny they didn't get the Disney surprise. My kids didn't get it last year when we surprised them. It took a few days for them to get excited.

Drakes (It's Joanne right :confused: Forgive me if I'm wrong :goodvibes) - Happy less than 1 month to you too!!!

Mindy- I played a little Epic Mickey today too- it's such a fun game. Too bad my 6 yr old is better at it than I am.

Shelly-Red- I'm sorry about your Grandpa. I hope everything turns out okay for him. He is in my prayers.

Shelly- Love the Christmas picture!

Our Christmas took a different turn too. Jay's dad collapsed on Friday morning and is in the ICU. They still don't have too many answers. He's down to 109lbs and was severely dehydrated. He's septic and they are checking to see how his kidneys are functioning. They're also checking him for blood clots because his one leg is swollen. They are also questioning whether he has pneumonia but he's still too weak to stand for a chest xray. He's such a trooper though and is in such good spirits. We took video of the kids on Christmas morning and also recorded them telling him Merry Christmas and blowing him kisses and such. He loved it and it really cheered him up. He's no done fighting yet, God bless him. We were really hoping to have this last Christmas with him and it was really disappointing to not have him there. I don't know if he'll make it to the next one. It's been a really emotionally draining weekend.

Kim...I was going to FB you and ask how your FIL is doing this coming week...ya'll were on my heart this Holiday! I will keep him in my prayers! Hope you all had a great Christmas!! I got a surprise...my hubby had went back to the store where i got Gracies little Minnie Dooney purse and bought me the one I wanted,snuck it home and saved it for Christmas!!! LOL..same one you have Sheree!!! So, G and I will have DB Disney bags!!!

Our Christmas took a different turn too. Jay's dad collapsed on Friday morning and is in the ICU. They still don't have too many answers. He's down to 109lbs and was severely dehydrated. He's septic and they are checking to see how his kidneys are functioning. They're also checking him for blood clots because his one leg is swollen. They are also questioning whether he has pneumonia but he's still too weak to stand for a chest xray. He's such a trooper though and is in such good spirits. We took video of the kids on Christmas morning and also recorded them telling him Merry Christmas and blowing him kisses and such. He loved it and it really cheered him up. He's no done fighting yet, God bless him. We were really hoping to have this last Christmas with him and it was really disappointing to not have him there. I don't know if he'll make it to the next one. It's been a really emotionally draining weekend.

So sorry Kim!! Lots of prayers and :grouphug: to you all!

Kim...I was going to FB you and ask how your FIL is doing this coming week...ya'll were on my heart this Holiday! I will keep him in my prayers! Hope you all had a great Christmas!! I got a surprise...my hubby had went back to the store where i got Gracies little Minnie Dooney purse and bought me the one I wanted,snuck it home and saved it for Christmas!!! LOL..same one you have Sheree!!! So, G and I will have DB Disney bags!!!

YAY for the Dooney!! Merry Christmas to you! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter