>> Smoking at Disney Resorts FAQ <<

I am traveling with my S/O next week. He is a heavy smoker, like 2 packs a day. Where would be the closest place to buy cigarettes? I told him we should plan to buy a case before we leave. Will he have an issue taking them through TSA? We will not have a car. We will be relying on Disney transportation for the week.
TIA!!!
I always take a carton with me (Because the prices on base at Ft Belvior are awesome) and TSA has never given me a hassle over having them in my carry-on

Bring a carton (or2 if he needs it) cigs behind the counter were $11 a pack last year. where are you staying? the first day I take a cab (or uber) to the nearest speedway.. there are 3 on property.. (when we are at boardwalk I walk to that speedway with and empty rolling suitcsae) I get hubby some cigs (about $5-6 a pack, an 18 ack of beer, some wine, some sub sandwiches, chips, pop, etc

Bring a carton (or2 if he needs it) cigs behind the counter were $11 a pack last year. where are you staying? the first day I take a cab (or uber) to the nearest speedway.. there are 3 on property.. (when we are at boardwalk I walk to that speedway with and empty rolling suitcsae) I get hubby some cigs (about $5-6 a pack, an 18 ack of beer, some wine, some sub sandwiches, chips, pop, etc

We are staying at Sports. I do plan to do a night at the Boardwalk! Wow! $5-$6 per pack! That's cheap! We may need to take a walk to Speedway......

We are staying at Sports. I do plan to do a night at the Boardwalk! Wow! $5-$6 per pack! That's cheap! We may need to take a walk to Speedway......

NOTE there is no sidewalk or designated walkway from boardwalk to speedway. (technically you're not supposed to walk there.. I walk along the sidewalk to the parking lot . then walk along the aprking lot to the vehicle entrance. walk along the driveway and cross the street there into the drive way into the speedway. my best time: from the entrance to the boardwalk to the lobby to walking into the speedway 6 and a half minutes. but you can't take suitcases on disney transportation. Iwas staying at boardwalk.

I thought there used to be a map of where the smoking areas were at the different resorts. Looking specifically for Boulder Ridge Villas. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I thought there used to be a map of where the smoking areas were at the different resorts. Looking specifically for Boulder Ridge Villas. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
BRV - there are TWO. One located at SE door of BRV, One located SE of Geyser Point, near Water tower.

Oddly, there are NONE for the main Hotel. NONE at Cabin Wings.

As mentioned earlier use the My Disney Experience app and look under Guest Services that shows you the smoking areas for wherever you are at the moment.

They're very few and far between.

As mentioned earlier use the My Disney Experience app and look under Guest Services that shows you the smoking areas for wherever you are at the moment.

They're very few and far between.

Gota add.... MDE tends to be inaccurate. You might go to an MDE DSL - and find it nonexistent.

What to do?

There MUST be a definitive source for DSLs. WDW is welcome to pick one. If MDE shows a DSL that vanishes overnight? I keep the MDE DSL locations on my phone. If challenged by a CM - I show them MDE, and ask "where may I get definitive data"?

I ALWAYS use a DSL. But I do not think it's unreasonable to challenge WDW to tell me where these are TODAY.

The closer we get to being there the more nervous I am about the DSAs. I’ve looked at them with my bf (the smoker).

He’s planning on bringing two cartons, but I also suggested he might want to bring Nicorette fun just in case he absolutely had to have something.

Did folks find it really difficult to make it to a smoking area in the midst of their day? I think I’ve done a pretty good job having us near a DSA at various points of the day. Concerned about those sudden cravings.

The closer we get to being there the more nervous I am about the DSAs. I’ve looked at them with my bf (the smoker).

He’s planning on bringing two cartons, but I also suggested he might want to bring Nicorette fun just in case he absolutely had to have something.

Did folks find it really difficult to make it to a smoking area in the midst of their day? I think I’ve done a pretty good job having us near a DSA at various points of the day. Concerned about those sudden cravings.

Depends on the park. At MK? Start Walking. There are TWO within Security :(. There used to be SEVEN :(.
EPCOT? A little better. Down to about 6 now.
HS - 2.
AK - no idea.... we don't go there.

Yes, over the years, we've seen a LOT more butts on the pavement, outside the DSLs that no longer exist :(. Oh - forget any ECIGS.... same issue, other than they are easier to hide :(.

Depends on the park. At MK? Start Walking. There are TWO within Security :(. There used to be SEVEN :(.
EPCOT? A little better. Down to about 6 now.
HS - 2.
AK - no idea.... we don't go there.

Yes, over the years, we've seen a LOT more butts on the pavement, outside the DSLs that no longer exist :(. Oh - forget any ECIGS.... same issue, other than they are easier to hide :(.

It looked like a slog in MK and AK. Hopefully my plan will put us near enough (maybe a 5 minute wakk) every couple of hours.

It sounds like I’ve done about all I can do. I’ll just have to come to terms with the loss of time we might be facing.

Do the smoking areas at the resorts change often or can I go by whats on the maps now for DH the smoker

Do the smoking areas at the resorts change often or can I go by whats on the maps now for DH the smoker

You never know if the maps are up to date and correct. I don't think the resorts have updated some of their maps for years and a good many have changed. If you visit a location designated on a map and do not find the ashcan, you know it has been moved. :sad2:

I email Guest Relations (in addition to visiting them when on site) after every trip to the World about the lack of smoking areas in parks. I encourage everyone to do it - the more that do, they will "hopefully" address the issue. The worst part is when they make you feel like a criminal even if you are nowhere near anything/anyone and find a quiet place to smoke.

can someone please post a current map of the DSAs at Carribbean Beach resort? the map at the beginning of this thread shows barbados and half of Martinique still there. and they have been torn down. I also heard they removed the DSAs in the little courtyards. would love to see a current map thanks

I email Guest Relations (in addition to visiting them when on site) after every trip to the World about the lack of smoking areas in parks. I encourage everyone to do it - the more that do, they will "hopefully" address the issue. The worst part is when they make you feel like a criminal even if you are nowhere near anything/anyone and find a quiet place to smoke.

guest.services@disneyworld.com

Please write and let them know. The more people write, the more they will address the issue.

:thanks:

can someone please post a current map of the DSAs at Carribbean Beach resort? the map at the beginning of this thread shows barbados and half of Martinique still there. and they have been torn down. I also heard they removed the DSAs in the little courtyards. would love to see a current map thanks
I can tell you that even MDE shows smoking areas that had no ashtrays at CBR 2 years ago. Had a guest complain when I was standing in the exact spot that showed as a smoking area night of arrival. (DD8 was in room asleep already, I had specifically requested close so if I wanted to smoke I could see the door). There was no ashtray, but they griped at me for smelling smoke from their doorway. I pointed out the lack of ashtray to a CM the next day and they said they would mention it, but the areas had been recently moved and the MDE wasn't updated yet. (That was 2 years ago, so someone may be able to confirm it Jamaica bldg 41 courtyard area still shows as smoking today) Note: I don't throw butts on the ground in public, and use the cellophane to put them in until I find a trashcan.

I can tell you that even MDE shows smoking areas that had no ashtrays at CBR 2 years ago. Had a guest complain when I was standing in the exact spot that showed as a smoking area night of arrival. (DD8 was in room asleep already, I had specifically requested close so if I wanted to smoke I could see the door). There was no ashtray, but they griped at me for smelling smoke from their doorway. I pointed out the lack of ashtray to a CM the next day and they said they would mention it, but the areas had been recently moved and the MDE wasn't updated yet. (That was 2 years ago, so someone may be able to confirm it Jamaica bldg 41 courtyard area still shows as smoking today) Note: I don't throw butts on the ground in public, and use the cellophane to put them in until I find a trashcan.

Sadly, this happens all too often. Primary reason? WDW has not picked an Authoritative Source for DSA's :(. MDE is generally good with regard to PARKS, but a disaster with regard to HOTELS.

So what to do? All a suggestion from here....

MDE is a Website. It can be updated FAR Faster than printed Material. It's "official". Hence? I suggest that MDE IS the Authoritative Source for current DSA locations. Fire it up, and show people what it says -including CMs. If MDE data becomes questionable in one area? It becomes questionable in ALL areas :(.

Now, none of this is "pushy", as long as WDW UPDATES their official tool, as should be done - or has another suggestion that WORKS, as opposed to "hunt" :(. We WANT to obey the rules... but you sort of need to tell us what the rules ARE, this week :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!