SMASH thread!

I really think they are trying to play up the Ivy = Marilyn line. She got into it so deep she's following the same path.

Ellis just annoys me, period. He drives me batty.

Kudos to the actor playing Ellis, he is so easy to detest!

I love this show, can anyone remind me why so many people hate Kat McPhee? Every time time I mention this show to any of my friends they say they don't watch it. I love Broadway and I am seeing so many people I "know" - I can't wait for next week.

Kudos to the actor playing Ellis, he is so easy to detest!

According to the IMDb.com, this is his first TV role. He definitely is good. :thumbsup2

I think they might be filming again around Times Square. I just walked by and there are a whole bunch of the film crew trucks and the munchies table they have to set up for the actors & crew, if they film outdoors. The place was a zoo. More people in the area than normal. :headache:

According to the IMDb.com, this is his first TV role. He definitely is good. :thumbsup2

I think they might be filming again around Times Square. I just walked by and there are a whole bunch of the film crew trucks and the munchies table they have to set up for the actors & crew, if they film outdoors. The place was a zoo. More people in the area than normal. :headache:

Ooo, that reminds me!! When Ivy and Karen do the "Drink to that" singing in the middle of Times Square and Karen says she loves the guy with the keyboard and the dancing bears, is he a real guy that hangs out there, Imzadi?

Ooo, that reminds me!! When Ivy and Karen do the "Drink to that" singing in the middle of Times Square and Karen says she loves the guy with the keyboard and the dancing bears, is he a real guy that hangs out there, Imzadi?

I've never seen him. :confused: Or if I have, I haven't seen him enough to register as someone there regularly. I probably thought of him along the same vein as the various musicians who play on some subway platforms. There temporarily to make some money, but switching to different stations and not anything permanent so I'd say, "Oh there is that guy again with the dancing bears!"

I do remember a long time ago that there was this South American band who used to play Andean pan pipe music at different subway stations & street corners. It was so original & different that I actually bought a cassette from them once. Only to find that ONE song they played was pretty much the ONLY good song on the cassette. :lmao: Yeah, I noticed them after that, and realized that one song was actually the only song they played in public. They would play it for 5 minutes. Stop, sell some cassettes, then move onto another street corner with different people, or wait till that subway left, and then started playing the one song again. They knew the rest of their songs were crap. :rotfl:

That reminds me of the street musicians on Royal st in the French Quarter- seems every time we go it's the same rag tag band that includes a Golden Retriever that goes and picks up bills with his mouth:)

Are they still filming? If you look at the Broadway shows on the marquees behind them, some closed last year - I know American Idiot had it's last performance last April 24 (I was there) and they are still in the Times Square shot - so these shows were filmed over year ago.

Are they still filming? If you look at the Broadway shows on the marquees behind them, some closed last year - I know American Idiot had it's last performance last April 24 (I was there) and they are still in the Times Square shot - so these shows were filmed over year ago.

In this last episode, there was a huge billboard for Gypsy. Are they reviving it again? Or is that a fake billboard? Or maybe a ode to Bernadette Peters?

A few episodes ago, there was the marquee for Hugh Jackman, and he was here from November-December. Also, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever didn't open and close too long ago.

I wouldn't go near Broadway this weekend -- too many tourists. With no offense to those who don't live in NYC, but I can't stand crowds. I even visit WDW off-peak.

Maybe American Idiot was a vanity thing for Michael Mayer ;) He directed the play and he directed the pilot of Smash.:confused3

You're right. I emailed my friend who is a makeup artist in the business. She said the only TV stuff shooting are: Law & Order: SVU, Broadway Empire, & 30 Rock. The rest are films coming to shoot here.

I'm surprised. I would have thought the TV shows would want to film while the weather is getting nice. But, it seems only films are taking advantage of the weather now.

And I guess TV shows have to wait till they find out if their show is being picked up for the fall season.

So, Uma might not have even pregnant when they started shooting. :scratchin

I wouldn't go near Broadway this weekend -- too many tourists. With no offense to those who don't live in NYC, but I can't stand crowds. I even visit WDW off-peak.

Yeah, I had to get over to 5th Ave, so I had to wade through all the tourists yesterday. :headache: Now, I wonder what all those filming trucks were for in Times Square?

So tell me all you NYC people, would 2 people really just start singing (and dancing) with a street performer and then have the crowd join in dancing?

So tell me all you NYC people, would 2 people really just start singing (and dancing) with a street performer and then have the crowd join in dancing?

Actually yes. ::yes:: Something about this city brings out the unabashed abandon in people. Normal decorum that is expected in the streets of Iowa or wherever, (nothing against Iowa :goodvibes) goes out the window in the anonymity of the big city.

Plus, you only have to walk a few blocks around the Times Square area to see how wacky, crazy & zany everyone is, from someone shouting from a megaphone that the end of the world is coming, to seeing an Elmo costume character wandering about, to someone skittishly selling faux "designer" watches out of a briefcase, and you realize everything goes here. So yes, some of them join in on some fun, singing & dancing in the street with the street performers. :banana:

Plus, I think many of them joining in are wannabe actors & singers. Someone is always hoping to be discovered here. Or they have such a hunger to be acknowledged and noticed that they will use any opportunity to perform, whether anyone wanted them to or not. :eek: There is a famous line in Neil Simon's film, The Googbye Girl, "Ask an actor a question and he tells you his credits." :headache: :laughing:

I personally worry about being bumped by a pickpocket and stealing my wallet during a big street crowd scene like that. Except I've learned not to keep my wallet anywhere they can nab, and my purse is firmly zipped and I don't stand inside the crowd if I'm watching anything.

You're right. I emailed my friend who is a makeup artist in the business. She said the only TV stuff shooting are: Law & Order: SVU, Broadway Empire, & 30 Rock. The rest are films coming to shoot here.

Did you mean Boardwalk Empire or is that a new show? Actually, that's actually a catchy title :goodvibes

I've seen stranger things in New York. Remember, this is the city that brought you the Naked Cowboy. And there are street musicians all over. You should walk over to Broadway where they have the street closed off. You see all sort of street performers there.

Did you mean Boardwalk Empire or is that a new show? Actually, that's actually a catchy title :goodvibes

Whoops! Typo. I don't watch Boardwalk Empire, so I didn't really remember the name correctly.

I've seen stranger things in New York. Remember, this is the city that brought you the Naked Cowboy. And there are street musicians all over. You should walk over to Broadway where they have the street closed off. You see all sort of street performers there.

In case she didn't know who you were talking about:

This is at 44th St and Broadway.

73754_1709454303358_1448108160_1853548_7500787_n.jpg

Reminder: New episode tonight with Uma making her diva entrance.
bf-mejnking0.gif

Well, I'm surprised that Ivy was booted from practically all of Broadway. I thought for sure that Tom was going to use his clout as composer to get her back into Heaven & Earth.

I wonder if Evan actually tried to do a good thing for Eileen and warn her about her bartender friend, :scratchin and that it will bite her in the butt someday that she didn't read the info he dug up? BUT, that musician who ended up backing her did say that he had <cough> illegal dealings at one point & the bartender was in on it. I'm thinking it had to do with drugs. So, it's not like Eileen is going in blind.

I'm tired of Debra Messing's "Oh woe is me," one note through this whole series.

I wonder if Uma is paid per episode? Like she just made mega thousand bucks over two lines last nite. :eek:

When Ivy dressed up in that red dress -with the Marilyn wig-it is uncanny how much she looks like her!
Thought the episode weird-everyone unhappy *sigh*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter