SMASH thread!

My new favorite show:lovestruc

Love all of what goes on to put on a Broadway show!

Also love when they blend the rehearsal numbers into an actual full dress stage production!

I'm caught up on all the episodes. I am officially addicted to this show. :thumbsup2

It is much more interesting than Glee, which is just about high schoolers yearning to be stars some day. This show is more complex as it is about the makings of a Broadway show, and all the politics, collaboration and creativity that goes into it.

It has lots of twists & turns. I actually liked the song Karen did tonight. I haven't been thrilled with the other songs in the musical. There is no catchy tune that just stays with someone. One only has to listen to the overture of Phantom of the Opera, or Les Miserable, and they know they are in for something special. Marilyn, not so much.

Ok this show keeps growing on me. I actually watched it first last night. Before Castle! I can't quite pin point where they are going which truthfully is very refreshing.

Some of the songs from Marilyn have stuck with me, specifically the Marilyn/JoeDiMaggio duet.

I forgot it was on last night and missed it. Shoot!

I'll have to see if it's on nbc.com today to catch up.

It has lots of twists & turns. I actually liked the song Karen did tonight. I haven't been thrilled with the other songs in the musical. There is no catchy tune that just stays with someone. One only has to listen to the overture of Phantom of the Opera, or Les Miserable, and they know they are in for something special. Marilyn, not so much.

I think songs are very catchy. I think "Let's Be Bad" is very well written, especially with the verses rhyming in triple, and also "I Never Met A Wolf." Also, I love "History is Made at Night." Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman are a great team.

Yes, I am one of those Broadway geeks ...

Love this show! 10:00 is too late for me so I DVR it. As soon as DH leaves for work at his ungodly hour I settle in for my guilty pleasure. :happytv:

I'm catching up on last nights episode...that Ellis is such a snake! Ugh. :headache:

I love this show and now I have History is Made at Night, stuck in my head.

Have not read whole tread so if I am repeating this sorry but SMASH Got Renewed for next season YEAH:banana:

Kae

Have not read whole tread so if I am repeating this sorry but SMASH Got Renewed for next season YEAH:banana:

Kae

Thanks for sharing! DD15 will be so happy. We both watch and were worried, since some of the ratings and critics haven't been happy, even if we were :).

Loved last nights new song! DD can't wait for the soundtrack to come out.

Kae

Yes, thanks for sharing. :flower3: I hate getting addicted to a new show and they pull the rug out from under it. :headache:

Most of the show is set in my neighborhood, (the Times Square area.) It is surprising & refreshing to see so much of it on TV. Usually scenes on TV shows are either at famous landmarks or more obscure/but definitely NYC neighborhoods.

Back around episode 4, when the Joe Dimaggio actor meets up with Debra Messing, they sat down in the Westway Diner, which I go to every once in a while. :eek: :thumbsup2 Too funny.

Kae

I think songs are very catchy. I think "Let's Be Bad" is very well written, especially with the verses rhyming in triple, and also "I Never Met A Wolf." Also, I love "History is Made at Night." Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman are a great team.

Yes, I am one of those Broadway geeks

:eek: :eek: I guess so. You know the names of all the songs. :laughing:

Last night's ending was a surprise-and looks like when Ivy goes back to her former show (next week) she makes a bunch of mistakes:sad1:

I do love all that is involved with putting on a show

And is it only me-or does Debra Messing seem to keep wearing oversized clothes(is she pregnant in real life?)

Last night's ending was a surprise-and looks like when Ivy goes back to her former show (next week) she makes a bunch of mistakes:sad1:

I do love all that is involved with putting on a show

And is it only me-or does Debra Messing seem to keep wearing oversized clothes(is she pregnant in real life?)

I don't think she is. But she did leave her real life husband for the man who plays Michael (Joe DiMaggio in the play), who was also married at the time.

I don't think she is. But she did leave her real life husband for the man who plays Michael (Joe DiMaggio in the play), who was also married at the time.

:eek: :eek: Wow!

On another note, he has a fabulous voice. :love: I wonder if he's really going to be gone from the show & the play then? :scratchin

He does nothing for me. :confused3 I don't even like him as Joe

Kae

Good heavens! Talk about art imitating life!

Wow, I could really tell that was Meryl Streep's daughter who played Eileen's daughter. She has Meryl's nose, mouth, coloring, and even her voice sounded a little bit like Meryl. Good for her on following her mom into acting. Those would be some really difficult steps to follow in!

Wow, I could really tell that was Meryl Streep's daughter who played Eileen's daughter. She has Meryl's nose, mouth, coloring, and even her voice sounded a little bit like Meryl. Good for her on following her mom into acting. Those would be some really difficult steps to follow in!

I didn't know that. I'll have to take a closer look at her. She did a good job. :thumbsup2

Yeah, it would be tough being Meryl Streep's daughter and then go into acting. It will be funny if some day she's nominated for an Oscar against her mom.

I know, right? (about life imitating art)

Meryl's daughter did a great job. She is beautiful. :)

I didn't know that. I'll have to take a closer look at her. She did a good job. :thumbsup2

Yeah, it would be tough being Meryl Streep's daughter and then go into acting. It will be funny if some day she's nominated for an Oscar against her mom.

Grace also was a regular in the one season TV show "Off the Map" last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter