Small Fire on the Wonder?

We were on this cruise on the Wonder. It was nothing serious. The crew responded quickly. Captain Thord informed us that one of the diesel generators malfunctioned, but that the Wonder was perfectly capable of functioning with 4 of its 5 diesel generators. The rest of the cruise proceeded with no problems, and I'd guess that the generator is fixed by now.

We were on a Holland America cruise to Alaska a few years ago and there was a fire. Needless to say it was handled very poorly. It occurred about 2am and when the captain came on the announcement system he only gave instruction to the crew and the passengers were given NO instruction whatsoever !! We all stood in the hallways wondering what to do. After about 20 minutes the captain came back on and said "ladies and gentlemen the fire is out, good night" Despite my letter to Holland America about this incident, I never heard a word from them. I am glad that it seems Disney handled this situation better. Holland America...never again !

Ive heard different codes are use on announcements when something happens like red pirates when this generator malfunctioned What other codes have people heard on disney cruises??

Ive heard different codes are use on announcements when something happens like red pirates when this generator malfunctioned What other codes have people heard on disney cruises??

I think that "Red Parties" or "Red Team" applies to any fire, as they then give the location to respond to. "Brightstar" is used for medical emergencies that require immediate response (such as what you'd call an ambulance for on shore).

And, there's at least one emergency that has no codeword and that they just say in plain English: "Abandon Ship" I was on board on a port day once when there were few passengers on board when they drilled for it. Even though they preceded it with "Exercise! Exercise! Exercise!", it's still a bit disturbing to hear it come over the loudspeaker, which is probably why they use codewords for the other emergencies even though many people know what they mean. I looked at the person I was with, and we both said "Holy <something>!" at the same time, thinking of what it would be like to hear that for real.

And, there's at least one emergency that has no codeword and that they just say in plain English: "Abandon Ship" I was on board on a port day once when there were few passengers on board when they drilled for it. Even though they preceded it with "Exercise! Exercise! Exercise!", it's still a bit disturbing to hear it come over the loudspeaker, which is probably why they use codewords for the other emergencies even though many people know what they mean. I looked at the person I was with, and we both said "Holy <something>!" at the same time, thinking of what it would be like to hear that for real.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I would have probably screamed that out loud if I heard "Abandon Ship"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter