Small Add on Points Through Disney

Are the Disney DVC rates posted somewhere? I too need a small contract and am curious of the cost.

Hello All!

I was wondering if anyone has purchased small add ons through Disney? We started with the bare minimum of 100 points at BLT and we would like to add more points. While we'd rather be at BWV, we don't want to buy a resale contract of 150 - 200 points. Has anyone just added 25 - 50 points on through Disney? Was your experience good? Did you have second thoughts about not going resale? Do you keep the same use year?

Thanks all!

Nevertheless, you might want to look into the resale market first, and even possibly wait list for a little while, to see if you can get lucky.

A piece of advice: If you are looking on the resale market, you might not want to waitlist with Disney at the same time. They might just ROFR your resale to take the points and offer them to you off the waitlist (for a much higher price!)

A piece of advice: If you are looking on the resale market, you might not want to waitlist with Disney at the same time. They might just ROFR your resale to take the points and offer them to you off the waitlist (for a much higher price!)

We went on a waitlist for direct but this-rofr- did not happen. Disney waived rofr on a resale within 10 days from the time we submitted offer. We took the chance, either way wanted the points so it worked out well and very quickly.

We originally bought in though Disney in 2005 at SSR. We did not know about resale. Shortly after, we wanted to add on a small contract at VWL. I looked at resale but at the time ,closing cost differences made direct purchase more appealing. We added 60 pts and have been very happy.:)

Recently, we stayed a BCV for the first time and my family fell in love. (I have teenagers.) I did a direct purchase of just 25 pts at BCV. (That is what I could afford at the time.) The add on was way to small to have the booking advantage. I added quickly added another 100 at BCV through resale. My resale contract has a different use year. I really wish I had just added on a larger resale contract. So, make sure your purchase is the right size for your vacation needs.

I was able to navigate the booking window and get what I wanted. With different contracts, I needed member service to link the reservations together.

I have years of DVC experience. I know I will be able to manage the contracts, however there are a lot of rules to consider.:sad2:

Thanks for providing all the info. on this subject. All our contracts are direct, all at VWL, including a 50 pt contract. We have been considering adding on again, looking at re-sales for the difference in price, but you folks have brought up some good points, based on experience. It makes me lean more towards calling our guide and buying direct.

The process is easy. You just call and do it and then you get the contracts to sign and return them; points become usable right after you buy them not the later closing date. When buying a small add-on Disney will sell you only points that have the same use year as the one you already have. Minimum purchase is 25 points, you can buy any number above that, but you need to buy at least 50 if you want to finance.

We actually bought a BWV 50 points direct from Disney that closed earlier this month. We were not required for it to be the same use year as we have for our AKV (direct) & VWL (resale) contracts which is December. Our guide did ask me the reasons we wanted a different UY on this contract. She was satisfied & allowed us to choose which UY month we wanted. We chose June because that works better for us, but it is a completely separate contract with a different DVC member #.

WE bought the BWV direct because of the lack of resale availability for small BWV contracts , was able to choose a better UY & was delighted to make a ressie for 2013 Food & Wine right away - long before closing.

Yes it was more expensive, but the benefits to us far outweighed the non'existent resale prospects.

If you buy resale and small add-ons through Disney, you get a FULL membership, and you don't have the resale restrictions they have now. You can call your sales rep...we've had ours forever! He can even tell you if they have any foreclosures (which they do sometimes) and they are happy to find owners for these, like getting a dog adopted from a rescue agency! You can get some good deals and you can negotiate and not have to pay AK, AUL, SS prices.

If you want to have all your points at the same time, get a same use year contract as you have now, for the same resort and they can combine those 2 contracts into one. Otherwise you have multiple use years and different size contracts like I have and it can be confusing, but DVC can transfer points from one contract to another for a reservation that is more than the points you have on a particular contract.

If you buy resale and small add-ons through Disney, you get a FULL membership, and you don't have the resale restrictions they have now. You can call your sales rep...we've had ours forever! He can even tell you if they have any foreclosures (which they do sometimes) and they are happy to find owners for these, like getting a dog adopted from a rescue agency! You can get some good deals and you can negotiate and not have to pay AK, AUL, SS prices.

as is posted elsewhere, this is simply not true. the resale purchase remains restricted even if the direct add-ons are not.

We originally bought 150 resale points to SSR, because we didn't want a 200 point contract, we were lucky that a 50 point SSR contract came through with the same use year and although we had to pay another $400 in closing costs it was still much less than buying direct from Disney, saved $2000 ($2400- 400 in closing costs). JMTC

We have just added on 75 VGC points direct with Disney. Our closing costs were just $20 and the points were in my account the next day after coming off the phone to our guide.

We have just added on 75 VGC points direct with Disney. Our closing costs were just $20 and the points were in my account the next day after coming off the phone to our guide.

Congrats. We're thinking of adding on another 50 or so points there and I called my guide about the wait time. Last time we did it at VGC we waited about 6 months, but he said they have our UY down to a 1 month wait now.

Did you wait long? I guess a lot depends on the UY.

Congrats. We're thinking of adding on another 50 or so points there and I called my guide about the wait time. Last time we did it at VGC we waited about 6 months, but he said they have our UY down to a 1 month wait now.

Did you wait long? I guess a lot depends on the UY.

I spoke to our guide on 18th October and he called me on 30th November to offer us our 75 points. So not long at all. From reports I had heard I was prepared for a much longer wait.

We have a June use year.

I spoke to our guide on 18th October and he called me on 30th November to offer us our 75 points. So not long at all. From reports I had heard I was prepared for a much longer wait.

We have a June use year.

We are also June, that it seems the wait is still about a month.

We just can't decide on how many to get now vs a few now and some more later on, to sort of spread out the cost a little.

Good luck to you!

We just can't decide on how many to get now vs a few now and some more later on, to sort of spread out the cost a little.

Good luck to you!

Thank you. I hope yours comes throug ax quickly:)

We have a June use year.

Good luck to you!

Interesting...I called our guide yesterday and was told the list is so long I'd never get points, I guess she was hoping I'd buy AKV or Aulani instead. I'll be calling back and putting myself on the waitlist for 50 VGC points, I can wait a few months and see how it goes. We have an AUG UY.::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter