Slow time of year

waltslostnephew

Mouseketeer
I have been to WDW about once a year for the last 12 years or so. We have gone just about everytime of year except Dec. We plan on going Dec. 2 to Dec. 7, I have noticed it seems like some others have. Is this a real DEAD time of year to go or is the week before or after better, thanks for any info...:lmao:

Best time to go in my opinion. We've been first week in December and it was just warm enough to swim, low crowds and Mickey's very merry christmas party is available. Go for it!

the first week of december is POP Warner week. I've never been there during this week, however, I've heard both good and bad stories about it. There are lots of younger kids (cheerleaders and football players) there for an event at Wide World of Sports and during the time their events are not taking place they are in the parks. they typically stay at the value resorts, but some spill over into Port Orleans resort. It's your decision whether or not these kids would be a nuisance to you or not (yelling, cheering, sometimes becoming rowdy)but just because of hearing some of the bad stories about these 'not-so-behaved' and unsupervised at times kids, we've decided to go the 2nd week of December to hopefully avoid them!! :banana:

It's our favorite time of year - although the 2nd week of December would be preferable for us. The resorts and parks are all decorated and look fabulous! You can go to the Very Merry Christmas Party, which is a lot of fun and you can see the Osbourne Family Lights at MGM - which is just fantastic! :cool1: Check out the gingerbread house at the GF! The weather can be iffy - we've experienced extreme temp changes at this time of year - but is usually mostly rain-free. Bring a light jacket or sweatshirt just in case the temps head south. For us, this time is optimal and brings special rewards you can't find at other times.

The first and second week of December used to be a somewhat dead time, but now it appears the secret is out. Several DVC members visit those weeks specifically to view decorations and get into the Christmas spirit.

To be quite blunt, there are no slow or dead times at Disney anymore.

We were there the first week of Dec in 2005. It was nice. Got to ride everything we wanted with no big lines. Take the Pop Warner thing into consideration tho. We stayed at the Poly, and didn't see any groups there, but we did run into them at the parks. Some groups were fine, some totally annoying. (Think human pyramid behind the Dumbo ride :confused: and some loud cheers and clapping (nonstop!) while standing in line or on the monorail.) Maybe it was just me tho...I have been called Grumpy before. ;) All in all, a great time to go, enjoy the holiday decorations without the huge holiday crowds, cooler weather, etc. I say, go for it! :thumbsup2

We've been the last three years at various times between Thanksgiving and the beginning of the Christmas rush. Mid-week is wonderful, in general. Not always empty but usually very pleasant. Weekends are another matter. Last year we found the parks REALLY crowded on those supposedly "dead" weekends. Maybe they seemed more so because we were expecting empty parks. As a previous poster said, there's really no such thing anymore.

that used to be my favorite time to go - its chilly but nice
now that my son is older i cant take him out of school and i see that
so many people go at this time of year
so for weather its great
and as for crowds-well it cant be as bad as when we go during easter week or feb break
as long as you get to the parks at opening any season is doable
but i wouldnt stay at the resorts the pop warners are staying at
ive never had a problem but if i had a choice between dealing with 100's of teens or not i would choose not to

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter